Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
The Kramer

Post Re: Last game you played?
I only buy indie games off the eshop. If you’re gonna go full digital you will need to buy more storage but they aren’t that expensive.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:42 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Since Nintendo has so many must-buy first-party games, I'd suggest buying them physical since they take up much less space. Plus, most first-party Nintendo games either retain their initial value or often times increase over time.

Micro-SD cards are relatively cheap though, so you can go all digital without worry of it costing a ton. A 128gb card only costs $20/25, and that's likely all you'll need and should last a long time. (Games on the Switch don't take up to 50gb like on other consoles). A 256gb card runs around $50, so that's another option, but I'd only recommend it if you do plan to go strictly digital and buy/download a lot of games. And, of course, there are bigger cards out there, but I can't imagine ever needing to go beyond a 256gb card.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Finally beat it on Heat Level 8 (got really lucky with a legendary Artemis boon that gave me two extra casts) and the grand prize issss

Spoiler: show
A statue of Skelly

:funny: :funny:

He swears the prize for 16 Heat will be better.

So, I decided to jump from my usual 2/3 heat attempts (collecting the bounties with different weapons per level) to a level 8 run today. I was using the Spear, which I hadn't beat Hades with yet, and was getting very good boons along the way and didn't really struggle much. However,

Spoiler: show
I went into the Hades battle with just 1 defiance left though and was likely going to lose, but... I didn't even have to battle him for story reasons, thus got credit for escaping with the Spear AND with the level 8 heat! This would have been the 10th time defeating him if I could have (unlikely). Talk about luck! It's too bad I didn't "exploit" this situation later with 16 or, presumably, 32 heat though. LOL.

Loved the "ending" and credits. And since it still leaves a lot to do, it still doesn't feel like a proper ending, so the replayability factor (beyond just playing it for enjoyment) remains as strong as ever with this game.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Oh wow that’s awesome! Grats on that. Enjoy your statue lol.

I’ve been trying to tiptoe the line between research and spoiling. So I’ve learned there is an epilogue that requires you to finish all the side quests. I just have no idea what it is, or most importantly if its worth it or just another silly goof like with Skully.

Also, 109 stars on Mario 64 and I’m stuck in the same place as 20 years ago lol. Rainbow Ride 100 coins is impossible! Will have to move on to Clock and hope I have more luck there (unlikely lol.)

Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:42 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I started Mario 64 last night. I knew, and remembered that the camera was rough, it's very rough, but I still wasn't prepared for it. As well as the flying... ugh. I'm probably not going for 120 Stars until much later on. I think I'll get to the required 70, maybe a few more, beat Bowser the final time and move onto Sunshine. And then do the same with Sunshine (get the required 7 Sprites per world).

I'm mostly looking forward to playing through Galaxy again, and will probably 100% it. I think Odyssey is amazing, easy 10/10, but the Galaxy games are still my favorite 3D Mario.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I think I've only played Mario 64 for about 2 hours now and I'm already at 36 stars. Not trying to beat it quickly or anything, just recall how to obtain just about every star so far.

I always considered the Rainbow Ride to be the worse level due to the camera controls (falling to instant death after one slip in most cases), but after playing through Big Boo's Haunt last night, I might have to reconsider. Good lord is that level frustrating due to the camera.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Omg the Tricky Triangles star in Rainbow Ride.... You cant turn the camera fast enough and basically have to do it blind.

I’m at 114 now. Lucky to get one per play session lol.

Want to start up Dead Space 2 tonight. Time to get spooky! Just hard to walk away from these excellent Switch games.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:13 pm
Devil's Advocate

1. Tick Tock Clock
2. Bob Omb Battlefield (may be overrating it, but just feels so good as the first level)
3. Tiny Huge Land
4. Wet Dry World
5. Tall Tall Mountain
6. Rainbow Ride
7. Big Boo's Haunt
8. Snowman's Land (wind blowing guy is the most annoying part of the game though)
9. Cool Cool Mountain
10. Whomp's Fortress
11. Shifting Sand Land
12. Lethal Lava Land
13. Hazy Mazy Cave
14. Jolly Roger's Bay
15. Dire Dire Docks

Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:20 pm
The Kramer

Orpheus and Eurydice reunited. :wub2:

Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:11 pm
The Kramer

Also, Fists with Aspect of Gilgamesh + Weak-infused special + Dionysys poison call + the duo boons where your god gauge fills up on its own (but is capped at 25%) AND weak-afflicted foes take extra damage from hangover = completely absurd DPS. Easily my fastest clear at 22:45 and I wish I had that type of run with the Heat level way up lol (was only at 3 this time since I used to use the fists the least - no longer!)

Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:44 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I haven't gotten Eurydice in my last couple runs. I don't know how to reunite them specifically, but I'm going to assume it's by fully deepening your relationship with them, and I believe I'm 1 (maybe 2) conversations away from that with her.

My runs have been 60/40 on whether I clear them or not. I STILL haven't escaped using the Fists though, but I also rarely use them because they're not receiving the darkness/gem boost. I'll probably select them the next few runs regardless to get that clear though.

Without spoiling anything, are you able to reveal what Ambrosia is for? I have 19. Sometimes a Titan's Blood is available for trade for one, but I've been reluctant trading the Ambrosia because I haven't found its use... I mentioned that I thought it would be used to unlock the locked heart with characters, but I still don't have that option for any of the characters I've maxed my relationship with up to that point.

And I STILL haven't unlocked the last undiscovered page in the Codex.

Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Yes when you boost a relationship all the way up you use ambrosia as the final step instead of nectar.

Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:07 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Cool. I'll keep around 10 or so on hand for my favorite characters, and begin using a few for trade.

Also been playing Super Mario 64 some more... that damn camera. I'm at 56 stars now. I've gotten the six on the majority of levels on the base level and basement, and began working on the second floor third floor levels earlier, starting with Tall Tall Mountain. It's one of my favorite levels, but boy is it aggravating getting near the top and falling either to the bottom or to your doom.

I was planning to go straight to Bowser once I get 70, but I think I'll get that before playing Rainbow Ride or Tick-Tock Clock. I'll at least get a few stars on them before beating the game though. I am excited to move onto Sunshine though. Love Mario 64, but the camera has made it irritating to playthrough for the 100th time.

Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I found Sunshine's camera more annoying than 64's personally.

Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:54 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's as annoying at least on some levels or certain areas (amusement park and haunted hotel, for example), but just being able to freely move it around in a 3D space and not be fixed at all times make a big different for me.

Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Got the 70 stars and beat Bowser tonight. Skipped Rainbow Ride and Tick-Tock Clock, and only got 1 star in Hazy Maze Cave (can say this is my least favorite level now).

Starting Sunshine tomorrow. I'll probably do the same, largely focus on getting the required 7 sprites per level, and then move onto Galaxy which I'll 100%.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:30 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I tapped out at 114 on 64. With Sunshine, I legit don’t remember anything about it even though I bought it day one. So it is almost a new game for me.

Also started up Transistor, the only other Supergiant game I haven’t played and its very good. At first it just seems like a slower Hade but there is a ton of strategy involved.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:16 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Sunshine is underrated in my opinion (later in its life anyway, because initial reviews and reception were great), but it's not without its frustrating camera at some points, and you can certainly see where Miyamoto and his team cut corners in a few areas (empty, nigh-incomplete parts, and some unpolished sections) to get the game out in time for the GameCube's (which was struggling in sales) first Summer of release.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:00 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Nintendo announced that on 11/16, they'll be patching the camera controls for all three Super Mario 3D All-Star titles. A bit of a long wait for such a path, I think, but I might hold off on Sunshine until then.

Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Finally beat Hades with the Fists! (Aspect of Gilgamesh).

And it was my fastest time at 33:16. Not close to your 22:45, Flava'd, but I felt accomplished. :P

Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I still haven’t been able to replicate that build lol.

Also, finally found the Real purpose of ambrosia and it has to do with the blank pages!

Have to be near the end. Achilles’ is the only one I haven’t freed yet and I’ve maxed out relationships with several Olympians. Hoping there is a final boss fight at the end of one of these runs.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:51 pm
Star Trek XI

So jealous of whoever has Ghost of Tsushima, can’t wait to get it, hoping for a Christmas gift! Trying to hold off on buying any more games or books for the moment lol

Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:51 pm
The Kramer

Super Mario Sunshine is ... really hard. :oops: I only have 11 sprites so far.

Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:18 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I want to start it but I just know I'll get annoyed with the camera, so I'll wait the two weeks for them to patch them.

In Hades, I've been focusing on Gem collecting and renovating the House. Also upgraded the Aspect of Zagreus to max level for the prophecy and completed it.... Good reward though! lol.

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Has anyone tried the Pokemon DLC? I bought it way back in March, using up all my gamestop credit in the event covid ruined them (turns out covid has been very good for video game sales) but kinda forgot about it. Might start it up tonight.

Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 91  Next