Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Last game you played?
I saw my first ever Xbox Series X (just one) at my local Walmart today. Won't say FOMO wasn't strong for a brief moment before I passed.

It's pretty nuts it took 22(!) months to even see one on shelves. And I still haven't spotted a PS5 in the wild. In fact, I don't know if there have been some beginning to appear on shelves or not, but I was at a Target last week and saw a sign about how they won't be stocking PS5's due to safety concerns, asking customers to check online if they're interested. Either that location has been the target of threats/attacks over them, or others somewhere else have.

I'm beginning to wonder when, or even if, either console will be regularly available on shelves before the next gen.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:05 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Also, AC: Valhalla is quite buggy / glitchy. Like, I know it's known for them, but like many games where we hear about bugs, we don't experience many of them. Not this time. They aren't game-breaking or anything, most being very minor things, but they're frequent enough that they can be a little distracting.

Husband is over 100 hours in now. He's still mostly enjoying it, but as mentioned last time, there are some things that are a downgrade from Odyssey, and some of the new things are sometimes more frustrating than anything. He's downgraded it slightly to a 7.5/10.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

It's Splatoon week!

Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:01 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Hard to believe it's three days away! I mean, it has been over 5 years now (doesn't seem like it, at least to me, though). I've been playing Splatoon 2 a lot this past week or two in preparation.

I also played the Splatoon 3 trial Splatfest some last weekend, which was a lot of fun. Not sure on what I think of the new bow weapon yet (not a fan of chargers, so it was just so-so on the few matches I used it on), but the sword (Splatana!) was fun.

Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:14 pm
Profile WWW

Still haven’t played Splatoon 2

Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:03 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well, should change that to "never going to play" Splatoon 2 now, IMO.

Many/most players are likely to jump over to Splatoon 3. And with no in game events or support for Splatoon 2, I don't see much of a reason to buy it with Splatoon 3 available, especially since the price will still remain the same despite it being 5 years old and everything.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I was at my local Walmart at 7am this morning to buy Splatoon 3, and it wasn't out for purchase yet. So... I waited about ten minutes for someone to find a worker who could help me, then I waited nearly twenty more minutes for that worker to scan the tag, go in the back and find the box of them so I could buy a copy! :funny:

Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Lots and lots of Splatoon 3. Favorite new weapon is the Splatana, specifically the chainsaw variant. Although I still favor the Rollers (Carbon and Fling).

I like the Reef Ripper (shark) a lot, and the Crab Tank is cool, too. Trying to get better with the special where you can jump around like Spider-Man for a bit. I've seen some people get really crazy with it.

Enjoying all the new stages. And the new music, especially that sort of rockish one.

Salmon Run is more fun than ever. Being able to throw the eggs is a major game changer. I find myself more often throwing them closer to the basket for my teammates to put in rather than taking them back myself now. And the new boss Salmonids are gun. And the King Cohozuna serves as a nice final boss when it appears. I've reached it three times, winning 2/3. I wonder if there are other Kings?

All the quality of life changes from Splatoon 2 have made a huge difference.

And I saw you in my lobby, Flava'd! (Took a photo.) Really like that ghost feature they included.

Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Here's the battle track (4) I was talking about!

Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Splatoon 3 just crushed the all-time first week sales record in Japan. It sold an absurd 3.45 million copies in its first week (three days).

I was expecting it to break 2 million for a spot in the Top 10, but selling nearly 3.5 million copies and breaking the record by 800,000?!?

Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:08 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Splatoon is Japan's Adele. :funny:

Love the game and have been playing a ton.

Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:18 am

I get one game for my birthday this year, starting to wonder if that game will be Splatoon 3?

Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:24 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:16 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

For Splatoon 3, DIB, just make sure you have Switch Online, otherwise you can only do the story mode. I don't know when your birthday is, but try to get it by Sept. 23rd if you can so you can participate in the first Splatfest that weekend.

Solid direct today!

-The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom "release date"
-Octopath Traveler II! (5 months out?! I didn't even know a sequel was in the works!)
-Tales of Symphonia Remastered! (My all-time favorite game.)
-Fire Emblem: Engage (So soon!)
-Pikmin 4 (Didn't play Pikmin 3, but might consider 4)
-A lot of big N64 games coming to Switch Online.

Octopath Traveler, Tales of Symphonia, AND Fire Emblem all releasing in January/February sort of sucks though. Wish they were more spread out.

Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Is Engage a real Fire Emblem game? The whole thing came off like a mobile game until they announced it for Switch in January.

Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:14 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I thought it wasn't a main series game at first as well, but the gameplay and open hub looked "modern" or console-like to me. And it has been 3.5 years (when Engage launches) since Three Houses.

But announcing it today and releasing it in just 4 months is really sudden. And a bit untimely since they'll just miss Christmas. Why not release it in December, for example? I'll look into it later.

Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Everything I see is that Engage is the next main series title, just that it may be a sort of "blend" between console and mobile.

Also, I guess Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp is still indefinitely delayed. If it was coming out in the next ~6 months, I figured it would have been in the direct today.

Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Just saw that Sony's State of Play revealed Hogwarts Legacy has exclusive content on their platform (a dungeon, cosmetic gear, and an in-game shop...). :grrr:

Also forgot it's coming out in February, too! WTH!! Fire Emblem Engage (Jan. 20th, close enough), Hogwarts Legacy, Tales of Symphonia Remastered, Octopath Traveler II, Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe, and Theatrhythm Final Bar Line (if it's not $60).

Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

That Ragnarok Dualsense is really cool looking.

Also, Engage looks cool, I guess I just got caught up in the whole summoning aspect which made it feel like Heroes. Will get it for sure if its a proper sequel to Three Houses.

Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:38 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The Ragnarok controller does look great. Are you going to get it? I usually dislike buying extra controllers unless I really, REALLY need a new one, but some make it so difficult!

How are you doing in Salmon Run, by the way??? I swear they made it more difficult! Which is "fine", although I can't keep Profreshional +1 (which I assume isn't even the highest) for more than a couple games and keep getting demoted back down. The smallfry seem stronger, and I've yet to be on a team that's beaten the Glowflies event. I also haven't beaten Cohozuna after those first two times on the lower difficulties.

Not a "complaint", I like a challenge and will say Salmon Run became a little easy in Splatoon 2, but it has been really hard just to complete Wave 3 lately (batting 50/50 at best on it). I wouldn't say I'm a S-tier player, but I am really good, so I imagine the majority are struggling even more.

Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Probably the best-worst disconnect moment I've ever seen:

Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

This GTA VI leak sounds like it's causing (or has caused) major issues and will go down as the biggest leak ever. I don't know much about development, but apparently the leaker having the source code creates security risks within Rockstar, and could mean they'd have to rework the entire GTA VI engine.

The leaker could blackmail Rockstar with the GTA VI code, but what company is going to give some hacker X amount of money and *hope* the they didn't copy or whatever.

And apparently the leaker also got access to GTA V's source code and sold it for $100,000 in Bitcoin? So, I guess that game is screwed now (for Rockstar) since hackers can just do what they want inside the game now, including messing with its online material? If true, I wouldn't be playing it ever again since the hackers with the code can seemingly gain access to user information and, if they desire, upload viruses and God knows what else in the game.

Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I was away for the weekend, but will be hopping back on shortly after I get home. Have mostly just done Turf War with a little bit of Anarchy and a few campaign levels.

Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:03 pm
The Kramer

Team Grub.

Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:31 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

We tossed a coin for Grub and Fun. Fun won, so Team Fun.

Was on a 6 game winning streak last night before losing 44.2% to 44.5% and breaking it.

Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 91  Next