Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Last game you played?
I'm hoping it and the Xbox Series S/X will be largely available by year's end. But I read that shortages are expected well into 2022. So... might be playing a lot of games years late.

I know they're a little easier to get recently since GameStop and others announce when their inventory will be updated, but... I really don't want to camp out online with a 2-minute window to grab one when they go live, and I don't want a super-expensive bundle that includes games I'm not likely to play.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

:funny:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Twelve Minutes has decent reviews from critics but the players have told another story. Apparently the ending is so bad that it makes them wish they never even bothered with it. :funny:

Oh well, luckily there are a million other games to play.

I made it to Hades on my 11th attempt with a hangover tipped spear, but just didn’t have enough dps or dds to even compete with the big guy. I think I’ll get him before 20 though. IIRC I was in the 30-40 range last time.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:30 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

If a game is decently long, and provided many hours of fun gameplay, only to end badly... I'd still consider it a worthwhile experience. Though I'd like to know just how bad that ending is really suppose to be if it made people regret even playing from the start...

And I didn't realize you started a new save file for Hades on the PS5. I just thought you transferred your data from the Switch. That explains why you mentioned Elysium in a previous post! Did you beat Hades in his extreme measures fight? I've gotten to him twice with it maxed out, but lost both times narrowly (got him down to around 10/15% health remaining!).

I haven't been playing much in recent weeks, though we did buy Lego DC Supervillains and just started it yesterday. Wanted something simple and fun to play co-op together. So far, so good. There haven't been many local co-op games released lately.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Hmm I didn’t even think about that. I wonder if all the trophies would just pop right away lol.

I know I beat Thesius (fuck that guy and his chariot) on extreme but can’t remember about Hades. What is different about the fight?

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:23 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

He's faster (I think) and summons various mini-bosses (I've had him summon that damn Sneak, Doomestone, and that giant head that falls) in the game and normal enemies in general. I don't recall any major new attacks or attack patterns, but he probably has a few new ones.

I haven't selected it in awhile, but I seem to remember the two pillars in the battle are also breakable? Not sure on this last one, but it came to mind.

I don't want to look it up, but I'm expecting either something story-related to happen after beating him with extreme measures, or perhaps something becomes unlocked.

Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:13 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Back from Vegas and I see Horizon Forbidden West got a February release date!!! Better than I expected. Now there is Horizon, Elden Ring and Arceus in less than a month. :funny:

Halo Infinite also got a Dec 8th release date. I’m totally cool with that, still need to to play the campaigns for 2 and 5 before I move on. However, it does remove another big contender from The Game Awards. Looks like Returnal is gonna cruise now. I should have bet on it!!!! (They don’t actually allow you too though lol. Not on wrestling either or I would have been made out huge on Jinder Mahals title win a few years ago.)

Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:24 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I assume no betting on wrestling since it can be easily rigged with how many insiders "leak" stuff online.

Are you interested in Psychonauts 2? Reviews are strong, and the reception from gamers I've seen online is excellent. I didn't even know it was being made, let alone already released!

Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

It’s on GamePass I think so I might as well give it a try. Never played the first, or Awesomenauts though.

Next main game will be either Halo 2 or Sunset Overdrive. Obviously will keep up with Hades , but don’t think I’ll go back to Darkest Dungeon. Cool game, but a step below the elite rogues, like a B-.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:18 am
Veteran

Casual, don't want to think game: Battlefield V

Thinking game: Crusade Kings 3

I was blind, but now I see.

Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:43 pm
The Kramer

I really liked the tutorial for Crusader Kings 3, but the next time I opened it up I just felt overwhelmed and haven't come back to it. Still plan to - one day!

I think I might be addicted to Hades ... again. Shut Halo 2 off after about 10 minutes because I just wanted to start another run instead. I still haven't brought that big bastard down after 18 tries though. I think I got too used to using the alternative to Death Defiance because having your one DD reload after every room it makes the early levels alot less stressful . But looks like I'll need those extra lives if I wanna kill pop before I get all those extra power ups! I'm glad I started over just so I can feel the thrill of taking him down for the first time again.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:58 am
Devil's Advocate

Corpse wrote:
I assume no betting on wrestling since it can be easily rigged with how many insiders "leak" stuff online.

I think they exist but are spoilers (not a prediction) basically

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:31 am
The Kramer

You can bet online, but yeah don't check the odds the day before the show unless you want to be spoiled.

Marvel's Midnight Suns, made by Firaxis, looks pretty cool, kinda of like a superhero version of XCom with Fire Emblem style relationship building (though I doubt it will be as deep.) These games are hit or miss with me but I'll definitely give this one a chance so long as the reviews are better than Square Enix's The Avengers.

Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:59 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

So, Sony made a costly oops with the pricing on Horizon Forbidden West. If you buy the game on PS4, you can upgrade it to PS5 for free. However... the PS4 version is $60. The PS5 version will be $70, therefore buying it for PS4 and upgrading it will save you $10. So... no one's going to buy the PS5 version now, losing them $10 for each unit sold, or $10 million for every million units...

I'm assuming pre-orders went live without them realizing the error on their part, so they can't exactly go back and change it now. All other cross-gen games (like God of War) that are purchased on PS4 for $60 will cost an additional $10 to upgrade.

Also, Midnight Suns has my interest. Surprised it's coming out on Switch. Not sure if I should get it, if I do, for it or Xbox One though. (Mostly given up on actively seeking out an Xbox S/X with more troubling news coming out regarding the chip shortage that may go into late 2022 or 2023.)

Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:10 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The costly oops is the latest in a series of missteps regarding this game. You would think advertising would be simple, "everyone loves Horizon 1, so here's Horizon 2!". Instead it's been...

1) Horizen Forbidden West will be a "launch window" title and exclusive to next-gen systems = awesome!

2) Horizon 2 will now be on ps4 too, but still coming in 2021, and if you buy the ps4 version the ps5 one will be a free upgrade whenever you get one of our extremely rare systems = ...ok then? Disappointing that it may be held down by last-gen, but understandable.

3) Horizon is coming in 2022 - again, disappointing but understandable. We all saw what happened with Cyberpunk. Though one must wonder if they could have gotten the game out this year had they only focused on the next-gen version ...

4) There is no free upgrade since Horizon 2 is now out of the launch window. In fact, you can't upgrade the ps4 version at all. You must pay for the $80 special edition that has both the ps4 and ps5 = ... what? It doesn't affect me, but that just seems really dumb.

5) After all the blowback, they decide to make the upgrade free once again, yet the ps5 version will be $10 more than the bundle with the ps4 AND ps5 version = now it's just stupid, but I guess they got to the right place eventually.

All of this could have been avoided by just sticking with the original plan of making Horizon 2 a ps5 exclusive though! Sony has been displaying worrying traits of greed since the launch of PS5 (that they've mostly avoided since the disasterous launch of the ps3) and it has now come back to bite them in the ass, though hopefully not at the expense of this magnificent looking game. Guerrila had nothing to do with the pricing after all...

Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:36 pm
100% That Bitch

I need help with Hades. I cant keep losing

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:04 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

-Generally speaking, I'd suggest going "slow" and taking your time early on. Deal a little damage here and there to an enemy (or enemies) and dash out of there. Then go back in and repeat the process. You'll learn how the mobs, mini-bosses, and main bosses behave and adapt to them eventually. It just takes time.

-Don't be afraid to use your Darkness, Gems, or Diamonds you've collected. Save up for something catches your eye or appeals more to your play-style, but generally don't worry about spending it as you collect it on the contractor and mirror for upgrades and chamber boosts.

-Try out all the weapons as you get them. All of them are good, though one or a few will probably lend themselves to how you enjoy playing more. It requires Titan Blood to unlock them, but if there's one you particularly like that you unlock early (even if it's just the Sword), think about spending any Titan's Blood you have to update its level once or twice.

-While all the Gods have their benefits, some may play more to your style like the weapons, so just take your time and be diverse when selecting them to see which boons and effects you like. This can be more luck based since the Gods that appear during a run is random (unless you use their keepsake), as are the boons they offer (although you can increase the chances of the boons' rarity and reroll after upgrading the mirror enough). Some builds can be totally crazy and help you clear chambers in a few seconds, while sometimes you just get "bad" choices and struggle more than usual.

*Personally, I find Athena's Reflect ability on her Dash to be excellent and very helpful at all times, but especially so early on. If you see her and it's an option, try it out. It reflects projectiles back at the enemy and is particular helpful in Elysium since the enemies like to throw spears and shoot arrows, in addition to the chambers having projectile hazards that can deal a lot of damage to you if you get hit by them. Athena's Dash reflects all of it back.

But you're going to die, and die quite often. I don't know the average, but it certainly seems like it takes a solid 20/25 runs for most new players or those restarting to beat it the first time. And once you beat it the first time, or just reach Hades over and over to just lose again and again, you'll see what works best for you. And the game does become "easier" when you reach this stage. I've been able to almost always reach Hades and beat him at least 2/3rds of the time since around run 35/40 I'd say without any (or little) added heat to make it harder.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Flava'd recently started a new file, so he may have more fresh tips for you.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Perseverance is the key! You are supposed to die over and over again because what Zagreus is attempting should be impossible. But every time you go through it becomes a little less impossible. Like the first boss Meg is such a terror at first with her speed and projectiles, but eventually that just becomes a pitstop and instead the story turns into one about Zag and Meg’s previous history (which may or may not be steamy depending on how you use your ambrosia.) It’s never easy though. I still haven’t gotten him down in my new file, seven losses to Dad in a row. Which is weird cause on switch I always thought Theseus was the hardest and it was clear sailing once I got out of Elysium.

Catching up on PS Showcase since I was out of town last weekend. Forspoken looks like it has a lot of potential. Project Chloe looks neat too, but also heavily influenced by Nier Automata which I didn’t really like so we’ll see.

Deathloop getting incredible reviews, 90 on meta right now makes it highest original of the year I believe, but as I’ve thought from the start, it’s just too hard to justify spending $70 on ps5 version when we know it will be on Game Pass in a year for “free.”

Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:01 pm
The Kramer

Awesome trailer for Ragnarok. I cannot wait to whup Thor’s ass.

I’m sure Insomniac’s Wolverine game will be good, but yikes at Guardians. The partnership with Square Enix has not gone as planner. Spider-Man 2 looks so cool though. I was really hoping for a system where you can switch back and forth between Peter and Miles, ala GTA V, but we might be adding Venom to that too? Hells yeah. 2023 means 2024 but I’m here for it.

Speaking of Insomniac, I started Sunset Overdrive and while the movement system is fun, the game has a cringey meta-humor that probably would have amused me back in 2014, but has now been done so much better by a variety of other properties. I’ll give them points for the effort, and the way it landed them the Spider-Man gig, but I don’t think I’ll be going back. I’m going out of town again Thursday, so will probably just stick with the regulars like Hades, Returnal and Overwatch this week. Maybe Psychonauts 2 next week? Still haven’t started Snap either.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:58 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Ignore Meg, Mau. She's not worth Zag's time. Give all your nectar and ambrosia to Thanatos instead!

Meg is actually the last character I haven't maxed out my relationship with. I really don't know what else to do. Haven't had an option to gift her in...probably 20+ runs. I don't hate her though, just focused on other characters before her.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Yay! I beat the first boss after what felt like a millenium. But yasssss i love it! I think i love the poseidon gifts more than anything else

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:11 pm
The Kramer

Grats! World 2 is actually easier than world 1 in Hades (and in alot of roguelikes) and then you’ll start getting your ass kicked again. But clearing the first boss is always the most important step. It shows you that what once seemed impossible can be done.

Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:22 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

I FINALLY BEAT THE SNAKE BOSS

IVE NEVER FELT MORE ACCOMPLISHED IN LIFE.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 91  Next