Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Last game you played?
Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Randomly broke out my 3DS and started up a new game of Pokemon Yellow to scratch that itch without having to buy the new ones for $40. No regrets! My Mankey already has low kick and I'm ready to whoop Brock's ass. In fact, I was so satisfied that I even opened up the eshop to buy Silver(at $5 I believe) only to find they already stopped allowing people to use credit cards! So I guess I have to find a code somewhere on in the internet? Or I could just be happy with having Yellow and Ruby already on there?

edit* - Pearl is $30 now lol.

The only noticeable flaw during the Switch era is the lack of the virtual console. It was excellent during the Wii/Wii U/3DS days. Having the early Pokémon games available to buy on Switch would be huge. But... I guess that would negatively impact the secondary market, which is huge for Pokémon games.

I have Yellow on 3DS as well. I might have Crystal, too.

Might be worth getting Pearl for $30. I would think the trade value would be at least close to that forever, and potentially higher as the years ago buy.

Shack, if you haven't played FireRed/LeafGreen, I'd suggest them over the originals. I think you use emulators, right? I'd ask Flava'd why he wouldn't get them, but they're not available outside of their original physical release and are super expensive (last I checked, like $100-150 or something). Plus, you'd need a GBA.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue May 24, 2022 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Both new Legendary look really awesome. Probably my favorite Legendary designs since Gen 6 (X/Y).

Getting some hints at a Past vs Future theme, maybe? The two Legendaries and the two Professors have very "past" vs "future" designs.

Graphics are a step up over Sword & Shield, though the textures (and the grass, trees, etc.) still leave much to be desired. But I can live with them; they're not THAT important as long as the gameplay delivers. And I think it's easy to forget this franchise were handheld games for so long, and still are in part.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:15 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I was leaning towards Scarlet, it definitely has the hotter Professor, but that cover for Violet is so cool too. Not sure which one to go with. If you're right about one being in the past and one in the future then ... it would make the pick even harder. One thing I know is that I love the idea of tackling the gyms in whatever order you please (I assume they will level adjust?)

Playstation State of Play was ... fine I guess? Final Fantasy 16 looks like a winner, but they always do until close to release when you start hearing the bad things. :funny: Resident Evil 4 remake was cool, but I just played the remastered version not too long ago, and unlike 1-3 which are unplayable with the old control schemes, the gameplay for 4 was still really good. Rollerdome looks awesome but then I found out its a single player game? Weird, looks like it could've been a new Rocket League/Knockout City/Fall Guys. VR does nothing for me. Unless they magically invent a headset that is comfortable to wear. Open world Street Fight could be cool ... but do I care? Not really.

Started up Guardians of the Galaxy. Has a very Mass Effecty feel to it, which I enjoy.

But I also started up on New Game+2 (Journey 3) of Elden Ring. Couldn't help it. The itch was still there. Though I put away my Blasphemous Blade and Mimic Tear Ashes (summons a copy of yourself) to try and recapture the challenge of the game (I ran through Journey 2 with ease.) So it might take me awhile to get through Guardians. :funny:

Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:27 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Could always get both versions. ;) Husband is leaning toward Scarlet, so I'll take Violet. If there is a past/future theme, I would probably prefer Scarlet though.

Rollerdome looks interesting. And yeah, if this had gone the MMO route, it would have probably been big.

Speaking of Guardians, or at least Marvel, Marvel's Midnight Suns coming Oct. 7th! Was half expecting it to get delayed (figured it'd have a date already), so awesome news! I watched the (almost 30 minute) Venom boss battle gameplay and it's a day-one buy for me.

Also... Baba Yetu (Civ IV song) has probably been done by every choir in the world by this point, and I've listened to... dozens and dozens, but I came upon this one earlier today. It's amazing, and figured I'd share it:

Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:22 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Read that Starfield will have 1,000+ planets to explore. But the question is... what percentage of that will be barren? I'm hopeful that little is, but at the same time, a decent chunk has to be relatively empty, right?

Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I'm assuming there will be one dungeon / city on most of the planets, with a few core worlds that are much more populated. I'd love it if every planet is as big as the worlds in Skyrim/Fallout but I just don't think we are there yet. Game looks amazing though, and hopefully will launch when its ready and not-buggy.

So Redfall looks like it will be more Borderlandsish than Left 4 Dead as I originally predicted? That's very good news in my opinion. I'll happily wreck some dracs for loot.

Callisto Protocol is also looking very promising. I've only played the first Dead Space but it was great, very very scary too. Captured the vibes from the best Resident Evils.

But I think the biggest news for many out of the Xbox conference is that Persona 3, 4 and 5 are finally coming to other consoles! Hopefully they come to Switch too, but if they're on Game Pass than obviously that will be the way to go.

Oh and the hot wheels expansion seems to be a huge addition to Forza Horizon 5 so I'll have to keep that downloaded on my Box.

Forgot to post about Midnight Suns before, but yes it does look awesome.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:02 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'll keep an eye on the Personas. Being on Game Pass would be awesome, of course. Otherwise, hope they're available for a decent price.

Speaking of a decent price, Celeste is $5 (75% off) on Switch right now. I don't remember if you played it (seem to think you have?), but I always hear great things about it. Might as well buy it now for when I do decide to play it. I found out the physical Switch copy of the game sells for like $200 on eBay, by the way. So, if you have it, or know anyone that does, might look into it! Or might be worth checking some GameStop locations for the off-chance of finding one to resell.

Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Celeste is awesome. I got it on playstation first day it came out and I liked it even more than their previous game - Towerfall Ascension. Definitely pick it up for $5.

Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:51 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Downloaded Celeste but haven't played it yet.

Downloaded Fall Guys (Switch) and have played it. Not as buggy/glitchy as I was reading from some, so that's good. Has some frame rate issues when there are still 30+ players remaining, but I haven't noticed it impacting the game. I played like 10 solo games. Haven't won yet, but I got to the final stage 7 or 8 of those times. (The Big Fans level sucks though... haven't qualified on it yet.)

Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:02 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Clever. I'll watch more of their videos later this evening.

Also... I think the only time I ever say "get the fuck out of the way" as much as I do while driving is playing Fall Guys now.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:46 pm
Profile WWW

After all these years I am still hooked on Smash…it just never gets old

Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:07 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'll have to play it again soon. I bought all the DLC but haven't played since half (most?) of the characters from Fighter Pass 2 came out. Definitely want to try Sora.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:15 pm
Profile WWW

Sora is pretty unique in that he is a “swordie” that is also very floaty. Closest in that range is MetaKnight who is very different than Sora

Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:30 pm
Indiana Jones IV

So, I was looking for something adventurous and immersive to scratch that Breath of the Wild itch (after putting in 260+ hours into BotW, by far the most I've played any game). Decided to try Witcher 3 (for Switch). After about 10 hours, I see a lot to like/love, but am struggling to want to play. Partly it's so story heavy, I'm not used to that and can get impatient; partly, the controls, mechanical freedoms, and graphics are a big step back from BotW, which has been a tough adjustment; and there's so much detail and menus and stuff to learn, it's intimidating. Also, there's something about playing VGs in the summertime heat that just feels less appealing than during the fall/winter. So I'm taking a step back from Witcher 3 and will try again in colder weather.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:37 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Instead I've been playing Spiritfarer, which I'd recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing, beautiful adventure/resource game with some lovely/sometimes heavy thematic elements around life and death.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:42 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Honestly, I'd go with Assassin's Creed Odyssey (not on Switch though) if you want something similar-ish to Breath of the Wild. You're free to explore anywhere at anytime after the beginning part, the controls are uncomplicated (little learning-curve), none of the fighting ever feels too overwhelming (and you have the option to use stealth to bypass a lot too), very similar climbing system (no stamina though, so you can climb forever), rewards exploring (reagents/materials for upgrades, gear, currency, XP, etc.), and while there is a story, it's not incredibly deep or anything.

And Immortals Fenyx Rising (same team as Odyssey) gets compared to Breath of the Wild (and AC: Odyssey) a lot, too (to the point of being criticized for being too like it, if that's a bad thing?), but I haven't played it myself. It's on Switch, and being Ubisoft, will go on sale often (probably is now, lol).

EDIT: And unsurprising, Immortals is 75% off ($15) on the Nintendo eShop (and presumably elsewhere) right now. The Gold Edition is also $25 (75% off).

Here is a short comparison (you can choose male or female in Odyssey, if you have a preference):

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Witcher 3 (and 2) has great characters but isn't really fun to play like Breath of the Wild.

So my recommendation is, of course, Elden Ring. :D Closing in on 200 hours which is the most I've ever had for a single player game.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:13 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Damn, where was this advice before I bought a $60 copy of Witcher 3? haha.

Yeah I'm limited to only having a Switch, so it looks like maybe Immortals Fenyx Rising could be a good one to check out. And at $15!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:08 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Was The Witcher 3 a physical copy? Maybe you can get trade-in credit toward a Nintendo eShop gift card at GameStop. EDIT: Just $9 at GS, so maybe not. If uninterested in playing it again, might fetch ~$25 on the secondary market.

If you do play Immortals, let me/us know what you think. I've considered it in the past, and still am. I know reviews / reception wasn't excellent (but still quite good), but most of that seems to stem from it being a "BOTW clone" or "Ubisoft = unplayable". But I wouldn't consider that a negative, and if that's the reason it's just below what I'd normally consider, then that'd be cool with me.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Have you tried Mario Odyssey?

Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:06 am

Mario Odyssey is great for sure

Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:11 am
The Kramer

Is Fall Guys crossplay? It has a ton of new content that has gotten me back into it.

Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:31 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yes. I read that it goes off your Epic Games friends list, but when I downloaded the game, it asked to use my Nintendo account instead. It also chose a nickname/username for me (SpecificToad90), which I presume is because I'm using my Nintendo account, so their nickname for me is probably my Epic Games name. Try adding/inviting me and let me know if that works. (If you want, of course.)

I'm... okay at the game. :funny: I've only won solo twice, but do get to the final round probably 1/3 of the time or more. Win in Squad mode more often, and do fair in the rest. I like how there's a game mode that rotates like every day or two. I'm a pretty annoying player, I think, as I like to grab and try to push people off the sides on survival courses when most are just trying to, well, survive.

And even though I have 30hrs into the game now, I have still not finished one of those courses where the slime is rising. And I doubt I'm alone, because 3/4 of the field is usually eliminated on them too.

Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I’ve got physical copies of Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, and now Witcher 3. Mario was tons of fun while I was playing it, but short-lived. only took about 15 hours to get to the final boss (I swear I explored a lot of the game too), and I have no desire to play it again. I think I’m weirdly finicky with video games (and most things). And sometimes I’ll just completely lose interest in something that’s otherwise held my engagement (this happened with Hades—played quite a bit for a few weeks, then had (for me) an epic run, almost beat the third boss(es), then dropped it and haven’t had any desire to play again).

As such, it’s hard for me to commit to paying for a game I might not play for more than a few hours. (Witcher was a manic fluke, and likely a mistake). Can’t for the life of me decide whether to drop $16 on Immortals Fenyx Rising…. ! one day left in the sale! Corpse I’ll let you know if I do.

Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 91  Next