Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 

Post Re: Last game you played?
Question about the Geurdo Canyon:

Spoiler: show
Is it just me or does the extreme heat not take effect during the day like they said it would? Or is it that I am avoiding the heat by traveling up on the cliff side?

Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:26 am
The Kramer

I don't think I've made it that far, sorry.

I dunno if anyone has played Ragnarok or is planning to but they got me with the twist that:

Spoiler: show
Tyr was Odin the entire time.

Completely blindsided me yet makes total sense when you think about its place in the story.

Good to hear about Midnight Suns! Looked like a winner from the previews.

Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:40 am
Hold the door!

I’m trying Zelda on my friends switch while he borrows my ps5. Don’t understand why this game is so hard.

Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:38 pm

Is it that you don’t understand why other consider it hard or that you find it hard and don’t understand why?

Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:42 pm
Hold the door!

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Is it that you don’t understand why other consider it hard or that you find it hard and don’t understand why?

I don’t understand why they’d make it so hard to know what to do next. I’m only at the very beginning of the game, going to the first 3 shrines, and i already have to google most of what I’m supposed to do.

Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:50 pm

Oh, is this your first Zelda game or adventure game? I felt the combat was unforgiving, but otherwise was not too difficult. But I have heard from those not use to the open world format that these new Zelda games are overwhelming.

I am deep into the game and have yet to look anything up. My wife and I are very different in this regard. She always looks everything up.

Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:21 pm
Hold the door!

Oh, is this your first Zelda game or adventure game? I felt the combat was unforgiving, but otherwise was not too difficult. But I have heard from those not use to the open world format that these new Zelda games are overwhelming.

I am deep into the game and have yet to look anything up. My wife and I are very different in this regard. She always looks everything up.

I played Breath of the Wild. That was super hard too. Though I didn’t have to look stuff up as fast in that game. I ended up never finishing it and selling my switch because of it and Super Mario Odyssey being unsatisfactory to me.

Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:46 pm
The Kramer

I don't even bother with combat unless I have to. Most creatures will one hit kill you.

With shrines I'll give it a few tries and if none of my solutions work I'll look it up.

Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:01 pm

Nothing is more intimidating than a Lionel

Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:24 pm
The Kramer

Finally finished God of War Ragnarok main story and wow, what a fucking game. 10/10 easy and I really wish it had waited three more weeks to relesse so I could root for it at this year's Game Awards. :lol:

And I really hope Kratos takes on the Christian / Judeo gods next. :P

Also, my brother talked me into buying Diablo 4. Its mostly similiar to 3, just with more customizing options for your class skills, and very fun.

Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:26 pm
Hold the door!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Finally finished God of War Ragnarok main story and wow, what a fucking game. 10/10 easy and I really wish it had waited three more weeks to relesse so I could root for it at this year's Game Awards. :lol:

Also, my brother talked me into buying Diablo 4. Its mostly similiar to 3, just with more customizing options for your class skills, and very fun.

There’s only one judeo Christian god?

Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:31 pm
The Kramer

zwackerm wrote:
Flava'd vs The World wrote:

There’s only one judeo Christian god?
Well yeah he would be the final boss obviously. But they'd power up the other biblical figures. Kratos and Noah would fight on the ark for example. And don't think the legions of hell would be spared from Kratos' wrath. I just feel like itd be much more compelling and fresh to put Kratos in the modern world than go with the obvious Egyptian gods route. Hindu Gods might be fun too. It would be visually spectacular at the very least. Hmm, maybe Kratos and Atreus can split up and each tackle different parts of the world. But now I've gone and made a game that is so big it wouldn't be released until PS7 comes out. :funny:

Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:39 pm
The Kramer

I should also say that I'd prefer if they just ended the story here as I think its perfect for all the main charactere. But Money is the one god that even Kratos cannot slay.

Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:05 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Sell me on Diablo 4 or the one they released on Switch. Never played one.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
Sell me on Diablo 4 or the one they released on Switch. Never played one.
Loot.

Get 3 on Switch if you can find it at a decent price. Its very fun in handheld mode.

Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:49 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Tears of the Kingdom — my relationship with this game is complex. At some points while playing, I’ve been overcome with awe, joy, and giddy wonder, feeling definitively it’s a clear improvement on my favorite game ever (BotW). At other points, I’ve felt bored, overwhelmed, and like the whole thing feels more tedious and over-stuffed than magic and fun. It’s clearly an incredible game but it’s weird to me how mixed I feel about it sometimes. (possibly my experience has also been impacted by depression)

Slay the Spire — still playing this regularly a few years after finding it, have logged 330+ hours which to my knowledge is the most I’ve ever played any game!

Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:40 pm
The Kramer

You're not wrong. Overwhelming is probably the best word to use.

Though obviously yeah it is still an incredible game that's worthy of all the acclaim it has received.

Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:45 pm
The Kramer

Baldur's Gate 3 has insane reviews. Even higher meta than Tears. I doubt a PC game will win at the Game Awards, but it could end up splitting the magazines, websites, etc... Apparently it has 175 hours of cutscenes and you have to beat the game eighteen times to see everything. :noway:

Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:04 pm

It will eventually dip below Tears on MetaCritic

Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:40 pm
The Kramer

It's getting a ps5 release, but I don't understand how it will work. It looks like the hotbar has 20 different keys in it lol.

Gigantic RPGs dominating 2023 so far. I bet all six game of the year noms come from the genre, with Final Fantasy and maybe Spider-Man being the only ones clocking in at under 100 hours. :funny:

Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:25 am
The Kramer

Speaking of giants rpgs, were starting to get leaks about Starfield and it sounds glorious. Especially the part about the game not being completely buggy! The extra year of time was well spent.

I think these are the six for goty;

Zelda - frontrunner but definitely has more competition than expected
Baldurs Gate - big rpg that also fills the quirky indie spot
Starfield - Bethesda's first original series in a billion years
Hogwarts Legacy - the game industry won't punish it for Rowling's controversies
Final Fantasy
Spider-Man 2 - both of these are big rpgs, exclusive to ps5, but more focused on story than others

Not sure what else is even gonna be able to compete with these. Maybe the Resident Evil 4 remake or Street Fighter over one of the ps5 exclusives? Reviews for Diablo 4 are better than Hogwarts and Fantasy, but all the battlepass and seasonal content issues will sink its chances.

Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:54 am

Does Elder Ring qualify for this year?

Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:42 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Does Elder Ring qualify for this year?

I think the Older Ring won GotY last year.

Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:51 pm
The Kramer

Yeah Elden Ring won last year over God of War: Ragnarok, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Stray, Horizon 2 and Plague Tale 2.

Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:38 pm
The Kramer

Starfield reviews are mostly positive with an 87 meta but a few big sites have called it mid with 7/10 reviews. Zelda and Baldur's Gate can take a breath until Spider-Man comes out next month.

Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91  Next