Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Last game you played?
Check the poll I added

Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:17 am
The Kramer

Easily Mario for me. I do love the Zelda franchise, but the plumber has just been there with me for every step of my gaming life. And we don't even have to include the spinoffs like Kart and Party for that to remain true.

At 116 stars in Galaxy btw. Only have the Ball, Toy Time and the two autoscroller levels to go. Not sure I'll ever be able to beat the Ball level, but the other three seem manageable. I only ever go up to 118 in 64 and tapped out at the Darkest Side of the Moon in Odyssey. So if I can somehow get to 120 for the "new world" in Galaxy then I'll have to bump it up to the top 3D game. :P

Playstation Game Pass added Horizon 2. Doesn't help too much since I'm pretty much done with the game, but its cool to see them finally adding big titles after all this time. I'll still probably let it expire though since its mostly pointless to have it and Xbox Game Pass at the same time. And Game Pass is still a much better value since they will get big games like Starfield and Redfall on day one.

I went down to gamestop to trade in my disc version of Horizon 2 since I won't need it anymore even if I do dive back into the game for the platinum trophy. Was still unsure of what to get next even as I got to the store, but they made my decision alot easier by being completely sold out of PS5 Hogwarts Legacy. :hahaha: So I preordered Metroid Prime and will grab it next week when the physical version comes out (Switch games always hold their value.)

Until then, I'll just messing around with the final stars on Galaxy, along with playing some older games on my subscription services like Hollow Knight (still amazing and looking better than ever on PS5.)

Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:50 pm
Devil's Advocate

1. Majora's Mask
2. Mario RPG
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Mario 64
5. Super Mario World
6. Link to the Past
7. Mario Kart
8. Paper Mario
9. Mario Party

Slight edge to Zelda for having 1 and 3

Donkey Kong would come in at 1 (Diddy Kong's Quest), 5 (DK64) and 6 (Diddy Kong Racing). While I don't play modern games it's unfortunate they don’t seem to make them as much and didn’t return to the 3D style, though I’m sure eventually he will ride again.

Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:47 pm
The Kramer

Donkey Kong not getting a new game on Switch should be considered a crime. Tropical Freeze was fantastic and I was very much looking forward to seeing what they did next.

My combined top ten for the franchises:

Mario RPG 10/10 - my all time favorite game up until February 25, 2022
Super Mario World 10/10
Paper Mario 10/10
64 - 10
Galaxy / Odyssey 9.9
Majoras Mask 3DS 9.9
Breath of the Wild 9.5
Paper Mario 2 9.5
Bros 3 9
Link's Awakening DX 9

Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:12 pm
The Kramer

Civ 7 announced! Hopefully my laptop is still good enough to handle it lol.

Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:41 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Mario is classic and I’ve played a lot of him, but Zelda is miles away my favorite video game series ever. Nothing compares for me, it always just hits so good, I am Link.

Not sure about ranking, (always so mood dependent for me), but maybe…::

1. Z Breath of the Wild
2. Z Twilight Princess
3. Z Ocarina of Time
4. Z Wind Waker
5. Super M 64
6. Super M Galaxy
7. Z Link’s Awakening
8. Z Link Between Worlds
9. Z Skyward Sword
10. Super Mario World

I finally picked up Odyssey again after it basically sat dusty on the shelf for 2 years after my first attempted playthrough that puttered out after 15 hours. It’s fun for sure but I think platformers just feel a little too fluffy or insubstantial.

Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:57 am

Flava'd vs The World wrote:

I hope it comes to consoles too

Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:23 pm
Hold the door!

I didn’t like the PlayStation exclusive quest very much lol if it makes you feel better Corpse. It’s very long and drawn out

Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:07 am
Devil's Advocate

Going to try to knock out some Gamecube games and possibly Wii if my laptop can handle it, now that they're easier to emulate compared to a few laptops ago.

The Wind Waker - the dungeons are weak compare to the N64 ones but I got REALLY into the sailing/treasure hunting/unlocking sea charts for all the new islands aspect. The personality is also strong and pretty decent storyline wise.

Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:14 pm
The Kramer

Metroid Prime is pretty solid so far. I really like the exploration. I've gotten lost several times but so far have always been able to figure it out without using a guide. Combat ranges in difficulty depending on how much you use the lock-on. The graphics are fine but don't really pop like Galaxy's Remaster did. Makes me wanna try Skyward Sword next and see how nice those colors look in HD. :lol:

Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:31 pm
The Kramer

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
Flava'd vs The World wrote:

I hope it comes to consoles too
I'm sure it will but probably not right away. Unless we get Steam Decks. :ninja:

Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:34 pm
The Kramer

I'm a little late here, but Happy Birthday to Elden Ring!! :sorcerer:

Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:51 am
The Kramer

Yay Elden Ring DLC announced! I had just started a new game to celebrate its birthday, but now I suppose I'll just wait to jump back in with my main character.

On the other hand, not yay at every new bit of footage we see for Suicide Squad Kill The Justice League. I had assumed it would be an entire game that was like the team-up missions with Catwoman, Nightwing, Robin, etc... from Arkham Knight. Instead ... it just looks like another Destiny clone ... The same way that Avengers was. Which probably seemed like a fine idea when they started the game seven (!) years ago ... but gamers are tired of that shit now.

Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:13 pm
Devil's Advocate

Metroid Prime - pretty fun so far. I like the amount of platforming, a lot of jumping and rolling around in a good way. I'm surprised they went with the first person gimmick since it all seems like nearly all the levels would work if you were just following Samus from behind with the ability to toggle into aim mode, but it does put you in her shoes and makes it unique.

Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:25 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Shack wrote:
Metroid Prime - pretty fun so far. I like the amount of platforming, a lot of jumping and rolling around in a good way. I'm surprised they went with the first person gimmick since it all seems like nearly all the levels would work if you were just following Samus from behind with the ability to toggle into aim mode, but it does put you in her shoes and makes it unique.

It’s interesting you say that about 1st / 3rd person in Metroid Prime. I’m seriously unable to play FPS for some reason, something about the 1st person perspective is so disorienting and incomprehensible to my brain. Despite that, I gave Prime a valiant effort at a playthrough back when it was on the Gamecube, but still ended up throwing the towel after 10+ hour in. I always wanted to like it so bad (and probably would have had it been 3rd person).

Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:10 am
The Kramer

Starfield - September 6! Hopefully for real this time. Probably tied with Zelda for my most anticipated fo the year as of now (I don't think Hades 2 will come out till next year.) I know Sony wanted to launch Spider-Man in September too. Wonder how that'll work out. Will this be the video game version of the Taylor v Carly apopalypse??

J/K, Spider-Man 2 won't be out till next Feb/March cause that's how game releases work now. :hahaha:

Metroid Prime got way better once I got to the snow level. The enemies are faster and more plentiful, making the FPS gameplay really stand out.

I know I said I wasn't going to renew my Playstation Game Pass, but I couldn't find a deal on the regular Essentiel tier, and I did happen to get a coupon for 35% off the Premium tier with the classic games ... so I bit lol. Though really, this is where the value is, especially since I'm on an old games kick right now. The extra $25 will be worth it just for the Ratchet and Clank games I didn't play. Started Going Commando last night and love it!

Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:26 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I 100%-ed Hogwarts Legacy at 81 hours. A few achievements remain, one of which is reaching a certain point in the game with a character from all 4 houses (or rather, there is an achievement for each house). So, second character started (Gryffindor). Hufflepuff gets the house-exclusive Azkaban quest though, so definitely doing it third.

I'll give it a firm 9/10.

Pros:

-Beautifully reimagined and detailed game. It's pretty much the Harry Potter fan's dream come true, but I think even non-fans can appreciate everything they did to make Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, and while not as alive as those places, the Highlands feel alive.
-Combat is fun. I ended up having a preferred spell list to use, two sets that is, but there are various combos you can utilize with different spell combinations to change it up.
-Exploring is fun. Hogwarts and Hogsmeade are packed to the brim with something to see, collect, or do. And the Highlands, while sometimes falling into that "Ubisoft open world" criticism at points, has nice moments too.
-The Sebastian part of the story (or character relationship quests) is really good.
-The Room of Requirement is great. This could have been excluded entirely, or at least not provide nearly as much as it does, so good on the team to go above and beyond here.
-Music is amazing all throughout. The game might just miss some GOTY consideration, but its music should absolutely be getting nominations or even wins.

Cons:

-Enemies provide little challenge if you when you get high level, unlock all the spells (especially the unforgivables), and invest the time in upgrading your gear. (Hard mode might remedy this.)
-Repetitiveness late-game with the side-quests / collecting everything. I'd rather it have all this than not though.
-Some voice-work and character facial animations are sometimes mediocre. The game has been in the works for 5 (almost 6?) years though, so I imagine this part of the game was done relatively early.
-And this feels like an unfair "Con", but there was still this "couldn't they have added this?" in the back of my mind sometimes. They did a lot, don't get me wrong, and they could have done less if they wanted to and didn't. It's clear the team was passionate about this, and the game does feel complete. I would love DLC still (although they've said none is currently planned).

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:20 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I have a $50 Nintendo eShop gift card and a 15% coupon code to use (expires end of March). Any recommendations of released or coming soon (like... by April) games I should look into that I may have overlooked?

Sea of Stars isn't available for pre-order, and doesn't have a price yet, so guess that'll have to wait. And Hades 2, as Flava'd mentioned, might be a 2024 release (or at least very late 2023), so probably no reason to hold off on it right now either.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:22 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

I’m at 78% Corpse. You must have been busy!

Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:21 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Indeed. Haha. Big reason I wasn't around much in February.

Tip (in case you didn't realize it): If you zoom all the way out on the World Map, you can go region to region to see what you still need in each one. If you're going for 100%, this is invaluable in finding what you're still missing and narrowing it down to a region.

I ended up looking up where some of the Landing Platforms were. Despite being relatively large, sometimes they can be hard to find when flying around. And the Butterflies... I had to look up the two I was missing when my goal became getting to 100%. They're not kept track of like the other items you collect or find, but they give you a Conjuration chest you'll need to get 140/140 on the Conjuration collection list to 100%.

Also, the Merlin Trails don't count toward the 100%. You get an achievement if you complete all of them, but it's optional to do them all for 100%. And the Treasure Vaults also don't count toward 100%, and are the last thing on the map I haven't completed yet. There might be an achievement locked behind marking all of them off your map, but I have a feeling there isn't (so I wouldn't obsess over getting all of them since there are so many).

Lastly, you only need the Revelio Pages themselves (that are added to your collection, with the pictures telling you a fact about it) to get to 100%, not every single Field Guide Page. The Field Guide Pages are tracked in game, and annoyingly, I'm missing ONE from both Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. These don't count toward 100%, but not having them annoys me. At Hogwarts, you can select an area of the caste to see what you still need, so I know where it's suppose to be, but I just can't find it. Same for Hogsmeade. Revelio will reveal where they are (glowing blue flying pages, statues, etc.), but I haven't seen them and I used a talent point to get the upgraded Revelio too.

Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:59 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
I have a $50 Nintendo eShop gift card and a 15% coupon code to use (expires end of March). Any recommendations of released or coming soon (like... by April) games I should look into that I may have overlooked?

Sea of Stars isn't available for pre-order, and doesn't have a price yet, so guess that'll have to wait. And Hades 2, as Flava'd mentioned, might be a 2024 release (or at least very late 2023), so probably no reason to hold off on it right now either.
Looked on dekudeals, Guacamelle and Severed are both less than $4. Those are the best deals I saw. There's also the Mar10 Day sales, but I bet you already have all those games.

Why not just get Engage?

Also, looks like Suicide Squad is getting delayed again. Can't imagine another month or two is gonna fix the core issue that nobody wants this to be a Destiny clone, but atleast it will have a chance in July. No one was gonna buy it on May 26 with Tears of the Kingdom, Diablo 4 and Final Fantasy 16 so close by.

Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:23 am
The Kramer

Corpse, Nintendo just launched a new sale that has all sorts of great stuff at all time low prices. Too much to even mention really, so I'll say Bioshock trilogy for $10 is your best bet. You'd probably like Ni No Kuni for $12 (its very much inspired by Ghibli). Megaman X collection (the good ones) for $8. Borderlands legacy collection for $10. Scott Pilgrim for $5. South Park games for $10 each. And even more but those are my favorites that I saw.

Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:51 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Thanks for the heads up. Checked the website, and yes, tons of games on sale to kick off spring. I need to check the eshop itself tomorrow. The website isn't good at showing everything (just featured / best sellers mostly).

Have you played Dead Cells? Had it suggested and it's 40% off.

Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:37 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Yes Dead Cells is a great roguelike inspired by Castlevania. I'm pretty sure I bought it day one and had no regrets.

Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:17 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Picked up these!

$3.88 - Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
$6.41 - Ori and the Will of the Wisps
$4.55 - Child of Light: Ultimate Edition
$5.34 - Faeria

$20.18 total! Going to hang onto the other $29.82 for future sales, most notably Hollow Knight and Celeste go on sale again for $5-10 again. I know you played, and I believe loved Celeste. Have you played Hollow Knight too?

Couldn't bring myself to get Dead Cells, at least not yet. I love Hades, Top 10 game, but Dead Cells looks more frantic and/or difficult that I'm nervous it might push it past that "too hard" point. Not ruling it out down the road though.

And why is there a Calculator on the eShop for $9.99?! It was on sale for like $1.99, but uhh...?

Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 91  Next