Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Last game you played?
What was the last game you put 100+ hours into?

It seems I was blessed with good karma by not taking the copy of Paper Mario: The Origami King I saw open on the floor at Walmart last month. I found a Pokémon Shining Pearl game card on the sidewalk outside a bank! How someone dropped it, I have no idea unless they were switching games while playing and walking down the street and it fell out of a case? I gave the bank my number though in case someone came in asking about a lost game (didn't say what game in case a teller or manager got a friend to call me). But it's been 4 days now, so seems unlikely anyone is going to claim it.

I have little interested in it, but the husband is playing it.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Hades, but that's only if you count both the Switch and PS5 playthroughs which were about a year apart. Red Dead 2 and Persona 5 both got close but not over 100. Multiplayer? Quite a few but never all at once. Elden Ring is a beast in its own category for single player games. It really has lived up to all the hype.

A free Shining Pearl is the perfect price for that game! Grats on finding it lol. Catch a shiny Floatzel for me!

Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:56 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm still interested in Elden Ring. We'll see how this Summer/Fall go.

I'm on the final chapter of Triangle Strategy. Almost 60 hours (although it's more like ~50 hours, I suspect, of actual gameplay as I left it on a few times). I've come across people saying it's worth playing a second and third playthrough, so I'll probably do that. These games are good to just play for an hour or so, here and there.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:46 pm
Profile WWW

I am playing Breath of the Wild again and it is such a damn masterpiece until the end which is arguably the biggest disparity between the game as a whole vs it’s final boss. I think the major design flaw is that because you the game allows you to beat the final boss right after the tutorial, the final boss is thus a weak let down. I think this could have been overcame, but I think the designers were far more focused on allowing freedom of play which is great for the most part over designing a well put together final boss.

Yeah that game is gorgeous though and is easily the most fun I have ever had exploring

Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:09 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

The bosses took a back seat in BOTW's development, and that was perfectly okay. They can improve upon them in future games now, which I expect we'll see in BOTW 2.

We've been playing Fortune Street... on the WII! It's the only Itadaki Street game to ever be released outside of Japan to my knowledge. It's like "advance" Monopoly featuring Mario and Dragon Quest characters and boards. We played it a TON back in the day, and it's a fun revisit today. That said, it's hard to adjust to 480p on a big screen TV. :funny:

Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Inkoming September 9th! Easily one of my most anticipated games in recent years.

Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

September 9th is a good date. Should be able to clear through a good bit of the backlog before then.

If Elden Ring ever ends (which it hopefully will not), there are:

Horizon Forbidden West
Tunic
Triangle Strategy
Kirby and the Forgotten Lands
Dying Light 2
Weird West
Guardians of the Galaxy
Nobody Saves The World
Halo Infinite (campaign, I've been on/off the multiplayer)
Cyberpunk 2077 (only completed first act before Elden Ring)
Astral Chain
Pokemon Snap 2 (did the first few levels, but gotta get back in)
Pokemon Arceus

And a million other game pass titles too. Maybe Sept 9 is too soon actually. :noway:

Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:23 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I hope 2023 is light on releases, at least during the first half, for your sake!

Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:00 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Have you beaten this boss yet in Elden Ring, Flava'd?

Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:52 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Not yet, but he looks like a reasonable fella.

I'm wandering around in the Imperial Sewers right now. Also got this super badass magic sword that has once again changed my playstyle and made the game feel fresh again.

Not my video, but god damn that Blasphemous Blade is a sexy beast in anyone's hands.

Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:38 pm
The Kramer

Rogue Legacy 2! Had no idea it was close to coming out. The first game that got me into the roguelite genre!

Seems to be an xbox exclusive and not on Game Pass though. So add it to the pile lol.

Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:27 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Blasphemous Blade does look fun.

I vaguely recall a game called Rogue Legacy, but never saw any videos or knew anything about it. Checked into it just now though and it looks fun / interesting. I don't think it's on Switch (could be wrong), but it also came out before Switch, so no surprise. I might consider it on Xbox if it's $15/20 (or on sale for that or less).

Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The Capital City was not the final area in Elden Ring, not even close. Looks like it'll be another month to the finish at least ... and then maybe even more for the platinum. :hahaha:

The game of games!

The cool thing about Rogue Legacy is how each run has a distinct "trait". So sometimes you are a warrior, sometimes a wizard, the usual business like that. But then sometimes you're fat, and can ground pound previously unaccesible underground areas. Or sometimes you're a little-person who can fit into the extremely tight passageways that lead to secret items. Sometimes you're nearsighted and everything that is on the right side of the screen is blurry. It adds a lot of humor to the game which helps with the repetition that comes with all roguelites.

Square Enix is selling to someone called The Embracer Group. A bit of a twist since most people assumed that Sony would buy them as a counter to Microsoft's recent binge spending. Embracer looks to be a bit of a video game graveyard though, owning the likes of THQ and Gearbox (who bombs everytime they release a game not titled Borderlands.) Maybe Embracer is just trying to get their value as high as possible before selling to one of the big two?

*Update - I guess Embracer is only buying a few of SEs studios, like Eidos and Crystal Dynamics which made the recent Tomb Raider trilogy, Deux Ex and Avengers. They will not own the IP for Final Fantasy.

I just want a port of Mario RPG though!

Mon May 02, 2022 2:12 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Good to hear Elden Ring is giving you months and hundred of hours of gameplay. And Rogue Legacy sounds fun. I'll check a couple videos out sometime this week.

I checked off another accomplishment in Hades today... I caught the FINAL fish I was missing, the legendary one from Elysium!

Spoiler: show

-Hermes Legendary Boon (I'll complete the final Fate when I get this thing!)
-Successful Runs on Heat 16 and 32 (up to 14 now with the Bow and Shield, so getting closer to 16)
-Max out the Warden Badge
-Buy everything from the contractor (not far from this now, actually)

And that's it! Everything else has been completed or maxed out. Although, I'm still getting interesting new dialogue with Nyx and Ares, about them wanting to meet, so I still wonder if there's something here.

I also found out who Skelly is working for / with after all this time and am getting new dialogue related to that between him and the related character(s). I don't know if this will develop beyond dialogue, but I guess it could.

Mon May 02, 2022 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

This is perfection (turn the sound on). There are more in the replies!

And here is their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7bkaB ... oz1XPBGw-w

Wed May 04, 2022 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

lol the running against the invisible walls is a great sell.

Thu May 05, 2022 1:21 pm
The Kramer

Thu May 05, 2022 1:21 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Nicely done! I'll have to check out more of their videos.

Decided to look up the "best" way (to increase the RNG chances, anyway) to get the last legendary boon I needed from Hermes and got it earlier today. All the fates foretold have been completed now. And I completed a run on 16 heat for the first time. Feeling confident, I tried a 32 heat run afterward and died early in Asphodel (Megagorgon and Skull-Crusher battle... they can give me trouble normally anyway though).

Mon May 09, 2022 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Grats on16! And the legendary fish! I was able to manage it, though it was really tough . 32 just felt impossible though lol

150 hours in Elden Ring... I've reached the final boss, but found out there's a bunch of stuff I missed so went back.

Brilliant Diamond is $40 at several places this week. I really wanna buy it just for the nostlagia kick but just can't justify it with so many games in the backlog already and Scarlet/Violet on the horizon.

Wed May 11, 2022 11:56 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Starfield got delayed to 2023 today (or yesterday) if that helps your decision! But yeah, seems like a pass still for me. Husband even stopped playing Shining Pearl well before reaching the first gym. He may pick it up again at some point, but I doubt it. I did read that they recently outsold the Let's Go games to become the best selling Pokemon remakes ever, so congrats to them!

I honestly don't know if the Switch will go without ANY Nintendo franchise failing to achieve a series best in sales on the console though as I think most, if not all, entries on the system have. I expect we're perhaps 2 years away from the next Nintendo console/handheld announcement or release, and I really wouldn't want to be them given what they have to follow...

And yeah... I'm very, very close to having almost everything unlocked / beaten / maxed / acquired in Hades (just need to max out the badge and buy a few more things from the contractor), but beating it on 32 heat might be out of reach (I'll still try though!).

Thu May 12, 2022 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Starfield getting delayed has to be the least surprising delay ever. :funny: I'm not mad. Love Bethesda but I still remember how broke Skyrim was when they first released it. Take your time, we have plenty to play in the meantime. Also wouldn't be surprised if God of War got delayed since Sony seems to be focusing more on marketing Forspoken than releasing any new details. Scarlet/Violet will be the stars of the fall.

I've decided to try and finish Elden Ring by next Saturday, when I leave for Vegas. I've been worried about the next game not being able to live up to my new gaming standards, but this will be a perfect buffer to get that attitude out of my system.

Mon May 16, 2022 2:40 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Maybe try something clearly smaller scale before jumping back into a big game that will likely "disappoint" just by coming off Elden Ring.

So... Fall Guys is FINALLY coming to Switch/Xbox next month, and it'll be F2P with cross-platform play! It'll become F2P on PlayStation and PC (and whatever else) as well, and those that bought it will get some DLC content as a gift it seems.

I don't think it really should have taken this long, but still pretty excited to play it at last. Might only be a few weeks of entertainment, but being F2P makes it more worthwhile.

Tue May 17, 2022 11:36 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Randomly broke out my 3DS and started up a new game of Pokemon Yellow to scratch that itch without having to buy the new ones for $40. No regrets! My Mankey already has low kick and I'm ready to whoop Brock's ass. In fact, I was so satisfied that I even opened up the eshop to buy Silver(at $5 I believe) only to find they already stopped allowing people to use credit cards! So I guess I have to find a code somewhere on in the internet? Or I could just be happy with having Yellow and Ruby already on there?

edit* - Pearl is $30 now lol.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Tue May 24, 2022 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 24, 2022 2:06 pm
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:

So... Fall Guys is FINALLY coming to Switch/Xbox next month, and it'll be F2P with cross-platform play! It'll become F2P on PlayStation and PC (and whatever else) as well, and those that bought it will get some DLC content as a gift it seems.
They are years late on this but hopefully going F2P will cause a resurgence. It's a really fun and unique game. Devolver Digital deserve all the money so they can keep making the weird games we all need.

Tue May 24, 2022 2:07 pm
Devil's Advocate

Yea I might be due for a Pokemon blue or red replay as well

Tue May 24, 2022 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 91  Next