Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Last game you played?
Don't make me download the game! (Yet.)

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

The $10 Xbox Gift Card is 10% off ($9) on Amazon right now. I mean, it's not much, but it's something. I could save $6 on Elder Ring...

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

It Takes Two won the DICE award too. So I guess it was no fluke after all.

Maybe one day... In the future. Mammoth Open World games are all the hot shit right now.

I've beat two bosses in Elden Ring. Difficultly wise I'd put it above Demon Souls, but below all the rest.

Edit* This is mostly because of quality of life improvements though, like quick access back to the bosses and a frickin map. Several overworld random enemies have been tough too. Big shield guys are really tough to bring down .. on foot. Call in your horse though? Well now we're talking.

I just got attacked by a ram while editing this post. I've avoided killing the animals so far but wtf man I'm just standing here.

Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:08 am
The Kramer

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet???? Wasn't expecting that! 2022 gets even more stacked.

Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:00 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Seeing the news now. I'll watch the announcement later.

And the difficulty level of Elden Ring has be a *little* concerned. I've never played a Dark Souls game. I've heard they're very difficult, so something like that may be off-putting. But it's also among the best reviewed games of all-time, so I can't see it being *that* difficult. Where would you rank it on the difficulty level?

Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Well you conquered Hades on Extreme Measures. I'm sure you can handle these games once you get the hang of it.

I've seen people say that it is just as difficult, but much more forgiving and so far that seems accurate. The campfires are more frequent, the horsey gives you more options to tackle difficult enemies with, you can refill you potion stack by clearing groups of enemies, etc... But the bosses, and big shield dudes, are still sons of bitches.

I'd place Demon Souls as the easiest just because, if you had the patience, you could farm up to like 75 potions at once. So most of the bosses got one shotted by my Knight who just kept healing over and over whilst I figured out what to do. Except for Maneater cause fuck that guy.

Sekiro is the hardest because you absolutely have to parry/riposte to survive, which is not only difficult but also very stressful. I'd like to give it another crack though, since I beat the similiar (but much more forgiving) Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order on hard.

On Pokemon: I love the goofy ass dinosaur starter.

Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:02 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The starters are all over social media, so got "spoiled" by them before watching the announcement.

And yes! I already looked the Fire starter up and it's called Fuecoco. Apparently it's a crocodile, so yeah, it's a dinosaur. Definitely picking him. It'll join Totodile as my favorite starters.

Spoiler: show

Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

He looks like Totodile mixed with Patrick from Spongebob. :funny:

Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:49 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Watched the presents. Too much mobile (but hey, more $$$ for them). BDSP still look unappealing to me. Arceus getting free DLC already is interesting, and I'll get it at some point.

Scarlet & Violet looks fine based on the early footage. Looks pretty similar to Sword & Shield, but if as long as it implements more of the open world/wild area to the game, and improves on the graphics at least a little bit (like the trees), it'll probably be good. No footage of any battling, so I wonder if they're *possibly* still deciding how to handle it. Didn't dislike Gen 8, just didn't touch it much after beating the main story and doing a few post-game things.

Having 3 major Pokemon games (BDSP, Arceus, S&V) released within ~12 months is pretty crazy.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Thought you might enjoy this:

Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:32 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Ha! That's what you get for not clearing out the trash!

Scar/Vi are being sold as in between Shield and Arceus. Very open, but with a gym hopping storyline. That sounds like what I've been hoping for all along, similar to the leaps Three Houses and Odyssey made on the switch. Shield was fine, I really liked the Wild Area, but the rest just felt kinda lazy.

Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:17 pm
The Kramer

Guardians of the Galaxy will be on Game Pass this month! I was kinda down on the trailers but the reviews were pretty good. Weird West will also launch on there at the end of the month, from publisher Devolver Digital. Looks really cool and obviously Devolver is on a major hot streak with the likes of Death's Door, Carrion and Fall Guys over the last two years.

Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:48 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Speaking of Fall Guys, apparently it's still getting an Xbox/Switch release... We'll see.

Sharing this here because I just happened to watch it last night (usually watch WOF/Jeopardy! once or twice a week), and it was maybe the biggest series of Wheel of Misfortunes I've seen. Thankfully it's on social media this morning to share it here!

The Gods were like "WE'RE DOING ALL WE CAN TO GIVE YOU THIS, LAURA!" Then, they gave up.

Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Missed another GameStop pricing mistake (are they really mistakes at this point?).

Literally everything, including preorders, regardless of membership, was marked down $15. And anything $15 or less was FREE!

Did you catch it in time? Seeing a lot of people preordered Chrono Cross for $5. People managed to get the old Pokémon games (digital) for free. And people even loaded up on free packs of Pokémon cards.

I guess they can cancel physical items, but all the digital games, DLC, credits, etc., they just gave out for free is likely a pretty big loss.

Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Corpse wrote:
Speaking of Fall Guys, apparently it's still getting an Xbox/Switch release... We'll see.

Sharing this here because I just happened to watch it last night (usually watch WOF/Jeopardy! once or twice a week), and it was maybe the biggest series of Wheel of Misfortunes I've seen. Thankfully it's on social media this morning to share it here!

The Gods were like "WE'RE DOING ALL WE CAN TO GIVE YOU THIS, LAURA!" Then, they gave up.

I saw that on twitter last night

Another feather in your map???

Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:15 pm
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
Missed another GameStop pricing mistake (are they really mistakes at this point?).

Literally everything, including preorders, regardless of membership, was marked down $15. And anything $15 or less was FREE!

Did you catch it in time? Seeing a lot of people preordered Chrono Cross for $5. People managed to get the old Pokémon games (digital) for free. And people even loaded up on free packs of Pokémon cards.

I guess they can cancel physical items, but all the digital games, DLC, credits, etc., they just gave out for free is likely a pretty big loss.
Was over by the time I woke up. Would have hopped on Mario Kart DLC and Chrono Chross for sure. Maybe some extra PS credit.

Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:27 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Reviews for Triangle Strategy are strong. Currently 83 on MC, so within that sort of expected ~85 range most well-received strategy or tactical RPGs land in. Skimmed the few mixed reviews and it's mostly problems with it being heavy on exposition. No biggie there (in fact, probably a plus for me).

Gran Turismo 7, if that's of interest to you, also received strong reviews (87).

So far, all the big games of 2022 are delivering. Has there been a mixed or poorly received major title yet?

Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:55 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Cheap Ass Gamer forum keeps posting about their Gamestop glitch buys getting cancelled so I guess we didn't really miss out on anything.

Gran Turismo ... eh. I don't really get into traditional racers like that. Gimme Forza Horizon, gimme Mario Kart, gimme Burnout ... I'd try GT7 if it winds on their version of Game Pass at some point though.

Good for Triangle!

Dying Light 2 got pretty meh reviews, but so did the first one and it was great...

Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:55 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Definitely been catching up on a few highly rated (and excellent) Switch games the last few months—

Ori and the Will of the Wisps (just beat it and ~95% complete. Beautiful game with seductive and fun skill progression)
Slay the Spire (fuckin maniacally addictive! hella challenging, but rewarding when things go well)

I downloaded Hades when it was on sale but can’t get myself to start it yet, despite all the praise…

Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:28 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

One day, I might play the Ori games. Having another buddy to talk about Hades with will be fun. Can't wait for you to play it! Based on what you just said about Slay the Spire, it sounds like you'll love Hades too.

I hit 140 hours in Assassin's Creed Odyssey today and beat the main story! I've completed a ton of side-quests along the way, visited every island (still need to properly explore some of them), and killed/defeated every Cultist. I'm up to level 65. There are still many side-quests and areas of interest left, not to mention the to DLC storylines (excited for Atlantis), so probably still got ~50 hours or something to go. I'd give it a 9/10. Only complaint, aside from some game crashes, is it can get a little samey.

Playing Triangle Strategy as well. Pretty much as expected. I can see where the few mixed reviews would have a problem with all the reading. You can go 20-30 minutes of reading/dialogue between battles. I'm a fan of a story and the reading aspect (gathering info and notes to read is actually apart of the game), as well as character dialogues, but it could drag for some gamers, I imagine. (But not me.) On Chapter 7 now. Gameplay is very fun, graphics are great, and the music (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood composer!) is nice too.

Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:44 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Hades feels similar to when I buy a book, knowing I’ll *probably* love it, but then it sits on the shelf for years before the timing finally synchronizes and it feels right to start reading it. I’ll let you know when I finally get into it haha.

And Ori is great!! Huge recommend. I had heard the sequely (Will of the Wisps) was an improvement in almost every department so I played that one. It’s a beautiful game, combining brilliantly designed platforming, collecting, really rewarding skill progression, combat, with an incredible atmosphere and deep, tender story that is both melancholy and cute. Took me about 20 hours, but felt longer, in a good way.

Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:05 pm

Post Metroid Dread
Has anyone played this game because it is kinda great. Like it so gratifying beating a boss and Samus is just a badass. The controls are fun and fluid and the atmosphere is haunting lonely.

Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:55 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I moved your thread (post) here, DIB. I've been interested in it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Flava'd beat it, I believe.

Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:30 pm
Profile WWW

Like I don’t recall if we talked about it before, but this game is incredible and I can see why it did so well at the Game Awards. Game megaslaps which is surprising as it is an older style game

Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:13 pm
The Kramer

Dread was great. Have you tried Hard Mode yet? I'm still too scared.

Elden Ring is so addictive... I started as a melee character, but now have beefed up all my magic stats to make my Hero a devastating hybrid. Even that Dragon stood no chance against my Glimstone Pebble spamming!

I'd recommend any other FromSodt newcomers start with a ranged character. Makes the game alot more manageable. The downside is you never get to try all the cool new weapons you find. And they're everywhere!

Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 91  Next