Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
The Incredible Hulk

Hitman: Blood Money(360)
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (360)

Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:09 am
Profile WWW
problem?

Manhunt(XBox,playingonthe360)-Wowza,thisisawesome.I'mhavingsomuchfunkillingpeepsasviolentlyasIcan. ButIdefinitelyseemegettingboredofitafterawhilelikeRockstar'sGTAgames.Anyoneknow ifthey'returningManhuntintoaseries?!

Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:59 am
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Hitman Blood Money: B+/B so far.The 360 engine really makes use of multiple characters onscreen. One of the missions was infiltrating a bunch of snipers hiding in a crowd of 500s in the Marde Grae parade.There was no lag at all and I was amazed by the detail. I need to post a screen shot of it but it reminded me of the upcoming Dead Rising
Table Tennis:Still pending, was too busy trying Hitman but will give it a try tommorrow

Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:02 am
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

The difficulty level seems to jump really step if you get to your third opponent(Too many serve slams on the opponents part) in table tennis, so far its pretty good but will jump back to it once Im done with Hitman.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:48 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

The difficulty level seems to jump really step if you get to your third opponent(Too many serve slams on the opponents part) in table tennis, so far its pretty good but will jump back to it once Im done with Hitman.

You must be doing something wrong... you shouldn't be getting slammed on in either of the first two tourneys. If you're popping the ball in the air (making it so the computer can slam on you), it's because your timing is off. In the early tourneys learn to work the sides... hit an X button hit to the left, and then a B button shot to the right.... back and forth to get them running. Once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy.

However, the pro tournament is a bitch... I've nearly completed it a few times, but can't get past Jurgen... he's a bastard. I get frustrated and start a different tourney. I unlocked all of the characters tonight and played some 2 player... it's a pretty good multi-player game.

My only concern is that it will probably get old after everything is unlocked and I hit a wall in the single player tournament.

Oh, and there is a serve trick that will ace the computer most of the time. Stand a few steps to the right of the table (so that there is a decent sized gap between you and the table). Hold the left stick to the left and slightly down, and then use an X button serve with full power and full spin. The ball will usually fall of the left side of the table (if done right) without the CPU player being able to return it.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:06 am
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Black (Xbox) - Decent shooter so far. Solid controls, really good graphics for an Xbox game (playable on the 360).

NBA Live 06 (Xbox 360) - It's almost playable, and there are a couple redeeming qualities, but overall it's pretty bad - especially when compared to the much superior NBA 2K6. Some of the low lights of this game - Free Throw shooting is next to impossible, the speed of the game is painfully slow, you have to set a pick to get a 3 pointer off without getting it blocked, the players look like zombies, and there is no franchise mode (or any extras).

Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:05 pm
Extraordinary

Picked up NBA 2k6 on Ebay. I'll kick your ass in it when I get it.

Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:18 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Picked up NBA 2k6 on Ebay. I'll kick your ass in it when I get it.

You might have a shot to beat me if I take the Bobcats or Hawks, and you play as the Pistons or Spurs - and I can only use the bench warmers. That would even things up.

What have you played so far on the 360?

Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:22 pm
Extraordinary

Pssh, i'll be Warriors and you can be those LOOOOSERS, Pistons. I'll whoop.

Just played Condemned for a bit which is pretty great. Im waiting for my LCD to come so I can set everything up with that and get the full experience, ya na wat I be sayin G?

Games I got are...

Condemned
Kameo
PD0 ( unopened, might take it to Walmart and pick up something else )
PGR3
Amped 3
King Kong x 2 ( i'll sell ya one Tony if you want )
Ghost Recon
Elder Scrolls
NBA 2k6

Havnt recieved the last three yet. Probably paid around $200 total. Only games that were over $30 were Elder Scrolls ( $35 ) and Ghost Recon ( $37 not opened )

So ummmm im kinda set.

Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:36 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

About damn time you're getting a real TV! This more than explains your love for PS2 over the Xbox - I always suspected your equipment was inadequate (either that or you were blind). Believe me... once you go HD, you will NOT go back. Trying to play old PS2 games after playing on that for a while is incredibily had to do.

As I said before, I'll buy a King Kong from you. How much you want for it? I won't go any higher than $100.

Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:50 pm
Extraordinary

I dont know, like $25-$30.

Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:56 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Alright $80.

I dont know, like $25-$30.

Just give me a total and your PayPal address, and I'll wire you some funds.

Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:11 pm
The Incredible Hulk

Just finished: NFS:MW for the 360. The game was a little better than I expected but I still
think that Burnout: Revenge and PGR3 are better racing games. It's better than Full Auto but
Full Auto's multiplayer is much better.

Just finished: Blazing Angels: Squadrions of WWII for the 360. It's much better than I orignally
expected after playing the demo. The main game is extremely short. I finished in 3hrs 45 min
although to get all the achievements I'll probably have to put in another couple hours.

Up Next: Table Tennis for the 360. I've heard some good things so I'm excited to try it out.

Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:22 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

New Super Mario Bros. - I know most love this game, but I really didn't. It seems like a poor man's brother to the original series. It seems like a step down from the sequels. Not enough interesting power-up's, ridiculously easy, and slightly lame bosses. Also, way too much of Baby Bowser. This game is no Mario Bros. 3, Mario All-Stars, or Mario World. All drew me in at times or release. I was just slightly bored by this. Soundtrack is also lacking. (C+)

Hitman (Blood Money) - A surprisingly decent game, but getting to the end of a level and having to start over is not for my stress level nowadays (B+)

-------------------------------

Last Month

Kingdom Hearts 2 - Plays more like a movie than a game. Way too much button mashing. But, I did enjoy the overly-long ride for what it was. I think new world's should have been added; not forcing one to go back and complete each old world a second time. A few other world's should have been added and the time should have been shortened by 5-10 hours. It just seemed to long for me with all the backtracking. (B)

Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

A wonderful return to form for Lara Croft. I'm so damn happy to be playing the first good Tomb Raider game since 1997 (TR 2).

Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:40 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

King Kong (Xbox 360)

The bad: It's a little glitchy - I once had a god awful screeching sound that got stuck on a loop and wouldn't stop until I shut the console off and restarted it. It's a little repetitive - I'm a little tired of fetching levers to open doors, and lighting brush on fire becaue my character can't manuever around a pile of brush. There are a few parts where you play as Kong that are too linear - there is some platform jumping where it really is just a cutscene where you have to push the jump button every so often (you can't die, or jump the wrong way). The camera can be a bitch at times.

The good: The sound is fantastic (besides the glitch) and the whole game sets a good mood that matches the movie pretty well. It's not the prettiest Xbox 360 game, but Kong and a few of the dinosaurs look pretty cool. Throwing and bashing things around as Kong never gets old. The first person controls/shooting are actually pretty good and intuitive.

The Bottom Line: Despite the flaws, it's pretty decent for a movie game and easy to pick up and play. It's shaping up to be a B- in my book, give or take depending on how the rest pans out.

Other games I've played recently:
COD 2 (Xbox 360) - Revisted this one to try a few levels on the Veteran difficulty (the hardest level). It was surprisingly not really that hard. I finished the first level and earned a cool 60 gamerpoints without sweating too much. The game is still underwhelming to me.

Table Tennis (Xbox 360) - Finally beat the Pro circuit and unlocked all the characters and venues. A fun game, but it can get frustratingly hard. I was damn close to throwing the controller through the TV a few times. Now I'm on to the hardest tourney - All Star - although I bet I won't complete it.

On deck:
Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox 360) - Just downloaded the new map pack, and want to give the maps a whirl.

Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:06 am
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Tetris DS. I picked it up on Sunday.

I dare anyone to challenge me to Tetris. I WILL win. We'll put it this way: to "beat" the normal mode, you have to get to level 20 (200 lines)? Starting at around level 18 or 19, the pieces fall straight down. There is no animation for it. Once I unlocked endless mode, I started on level 20, and got 370 lines ot get to level 37.

I'm still trying to figure out how to do Push mode well. It's surprisingly difficult, since one can't sit back and slowly bid one's time to set up for a Tetris the way one can in normal mode. I'm about 50/50 against the level 5 computer, so I'm not doing too bad.

Touch puzzle is very difficult. The msot difficult thing in the game, IMO.

:ohmy:

Witch!! I can't get past level 14.

I've found touch puzzle to be surprisingly easy.

Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:56 am
All Star Poster

I played Night Fights round 3,and with my guy I got 51KOs and lost 7 times.

Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:00 am
I just lost the game

insomniacdude wrote:
Tetris DS. I picked it up on Sunday.

I dare anyone to challenge me to Tetris. I WILL win. We'll put it this way: to "beat" the normal mode, you have to get to level 20 (200 lines)? Starting at around level 18 or 19, the pieces fall straight down. There is no animation for it. Once I unlocked endless mode, I started on level 20, and got 370 lines to get to level 37.

I'm still trying to figure out how to do Push mode well. It's surprisingly difficult, since one can't sit back and slowly bid one's time to set up for a Tetris the way one can in normal mode. I'm about 50/50 against the level 5 computer, so I'm not doing too bad.

Touch puzzle is very difficult. The msot difficult thing in the game, IMO.

:ohmy:

Witch!! I can't get past level 14.

I've found touch puzzle to be surprisingly easy.

Odd how that works out. If we combine our powers :robot:

Out of the 50 Touch Puzzles, I've finished maybe 20 of them. I'm sticking more to the Wi-Fi and normal Puzzle mode right now. I got to level 69 in Endless mode, so I'm kind of bored of that right now :-(

Snrub, are you the Wi-Fi? If so, give me your friend code. I'll add you and kick your ass sometime ;)

Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:19 pm
Top Poster

Doom 3 (XBOX via 360 BC emu)- Pretty solid so far, just finished the first mission.

Condemed 360- Spooky good game with a plodding main character. I need a speed cheat code.

Half Life 2 (XBOX via 360 BC emu)- Damn it! when do I get to shoot something. 1 hour in and nothing.

Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:08 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Half Life 2 (XBOX via 360 BC emu)- Damn it! when do I get to shoot something. 1 hour in and nothing.

That was my thought exactly. I was about 4 hours in and only had touched two guns before I quit playing. I may go back someday, but so far the game was HIGHLY overrated.

As for Doom 3, I like that one, but it is terribly repetitive. However, the weapons were decent and it had enough "make you jump" moments to make it a worthwhile play.

Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:16 am
Jordan Mugen-Honda

As for Doom 3, I like that one, but it is terribly repetitive. However, the weapons were decent and it had enough "make you jump" moments to make it a worthwhile play.

it easily has the dumbest A.I. i've seen in an FPS in a long while.

Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:32 am
Top Poster

See you have completed King Kong Tony, so what's you final take?
And damn just when I thought I was catching up to you in Gamer Points you blow up to 9000+ :mad:
The new PDZ Maps are pretty cool. I really like the Trench and Cathedral maps. It's just hard finding someone else who had downloaded them to play a game against.
Last thing I have been raiding Gamestop and ebgames the last week hording BC XBOX games because they are going from 2.99 to 7.99. What do you think about some of these titles:

Darkwatch
Deathrow
Rogue Ops
Rainbow Six 3
Phantom Crash
Outlaw Volleyball
XIII
Star Wars: KOTOR 2
Amped 2
Pariah
Alias
Kill.switch
The Great Escape

Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:42 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Stick at Half Life 2 Tony. Yes it start's a bit slow but it just get's better an better. plus it has some of the best A.I. around.

Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:17 pm
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Odd how that works out. If we combine our powers :robot:

Out of the 50 Touch Puzzles, I've finished maybe 20 of them. I'm sticking more to the Wi-Fi and normal Puzzle mode right now. I got to level 69 in Endless mode, so I'm kind of bored of that right now :-(

Snrub, are you the Wi-Fi? If so, give me your friend code. I'll add you and kick your ass sometime ;)

I'm not unfortunately... it's the main reason I got rid of Animal Crossing. My villagers kept asking me to invite friends to come for a chat, and it made me feel sad for having no friends. I need a dongle for me PC... When I get one though, you're more than welcome to whup me silly.

I'm up to level 15 now by the way. I'm very slowly catching up.

Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 91  Next