Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Hold the door!

Post Re: Last game you played?
Corpse wrote:
And I imagine some copies of the game will be released in the wild ahead of release, if they haven't already.

Got a notification my copy was loaded onto a truck in Minnesota this morning. Hoping it accidentally gets dropped off early haha

Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:34 am
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
Reviews are going to be interesting. As you said, can't rely on them in this case. I also wonder if user scores will be reliable. This feels like a prime target to get review bombed. Might have to read through the 6s-8s scores to get an unbiased opinion.

Where have you come down on the Galaxy vs Odyssey debate now?
By user reviews I mostly meant you and watching people on twitch. :funny:

Still undecided on Galaxy v Odyssey, but even that is a huge win for Galaxy since I would've said Odyssey was way better before this most recent playthrough started.

I've been enjoying Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition which just came on Game Pass. I had never played the series before, and assumed it was gonna be like Civilization just from its title. But it's alot more like Warcraft / Starcraft, which has worked for me very well. I can never get into Civ-like games since they just make me wanna play Civ 6 instead lol.

Also, I hadn't noticed that Suicide Squad got a date for the end of May. I've been waiting so long for both it and Tears, then they come out right next to each other. :lol: So I really hope Kill The Justice League gets delayed till later in the summer (late June like Arkham Knight would work) as those were two out of the three games I was planning on buying day one (Spider-Man 2 being the other. Starfield is day one obviously but will be on Game Pass.) Redfall got dated for May too, but that one will also be free on Game Pass atleast.

Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:35 pm
Hold the door!

Came 2 days early! It’s awesome so far

Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:01 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

A ton of people got their copies early. Not going on Twitter for a couple days.

Note, Zwack: There is a day 1 patch, so the version you're playing doesn't have it installed yet.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

So... IGN gives it a 9. Not going to read it yet, but the problem seems to just be some tech issues which is no surprise. (If it can still manage a 9, I can't imagine the issues are that bad.)

Many were expecting them to be among the lowest scores, and, according to some podcast people shared, no one jumped at the chance to review it. Could be an encouraging sign that not only will most outlets review it with little/no bias, but more importantly, it may have actually delivered.

Edit: MC score begins at 86 with 38 reviews. Happily surprised! Wouldn't have been surprised with 80, the team behind this are very invested, but 85+ is pretty great.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:40 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Wow! An 86 means it would probably be 90+ without all the JK Rowling controversy. We could have a winner here folks!

Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:31 pm
Hold the door!

No spoilers but it’s everything a Harry Potter fan could want so far. Dunno how a non fan would like it. Combat so far is a good mix of difficulty. And lots of stuff to interact with though not any collectibles so far

Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:19 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I haven't decided on a last name yet, so I'll be stuck on the character creation for my first hour now.

Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:39 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Im Mortimer Ackerley

Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:34 am
Hold the door!

One of my favorite aspects of the movie tie in games was collecting chocolate frog cards, bertie botts beans, cauldron cakes and pumpkin pasties. I've finally gotten to a point where there are some things to collect, but collecting is one of my favorite aspects of playing a game, so hopefully more collectibles pop up.

In the menu, there's a section where it says i have 0 out of however many collectible items, so seems there will be more.

Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:55 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

There are collectibles of some kind. I don't know what but I saw someone list the number of collectible items (although, idk if this includes gear, ingredients, etc.) and it was quite high (won't spoil, but in the many hundreds).

It took me 1hr and 48mins to create my character last night... Hair color took even longer than the name. Decided to make the first character in my House (Slytherin) at Pottermore (or Wizarding World now) by linking my profile. It's awesome you can have 4 characters (one for each House if you wish).

I played through the opening/tutorial, and it was very good.

Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

I’m finding duels and boss battles already very difficult and I’ve only been playing for a few hours lol. The dueling club pits you against like 3 other students which is hardly fair imo haha

Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:20 pm
The Kramer

Tears of the Kingdom is gonna be $70. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Will still be worth it but disappointing to see N embracing the next-gen pricing without releasing a next-gen system. I wonder if tomorrow's direct will surprise drop the long awaited Switch Pro?

Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:41 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Saw that. I haven't watched the Direct yet, but I assume nothing was announced or it'd be trending. I don't think there's any need to really raise the price. I assume all first-party games will be now? So... not a good move here.

I'll still buy Zelda and other major titles, of course, but there could be some I end up passing on if they're $70.

Nintendo still being at $50/60 (Wal-Mart is $50) is appealing not just to gamers, but to families with children as well. The Switch could very well end up the best selling console of all-time, and it has insane software sales that have probably been helped a bit by the lower pricing of their games the past couple of years. Increasing the price of games is potentially throwing a wench in their performance machine this gen.

As for a Switch Pro, I don't think it's happening. Feels that if it did launch Fall/Winter 2023, it'd only have about a lifespan of a year before Nintendo releases their actual next-gen console. And a 2024 launch definitely seems unlikely. There have been rumors for years now, and I think it may have been in the works at some point (~2020) given how strong some of those have been, but the chip production issues probably changed those plans, and instead we just got the OLED.

Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Two good things is Gameboy and gba being added to the online pass (GBa for the n64 tier only.) And Metroid Prime remastered being announced. And both came out today too!

Prime being $40 is disappointing though. I was ready to drop $20.

Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:16 pm
Hold the door!

Breath of the Wild was way too hard for me to the point I sold my switch lolol

Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:49 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Early Hogwarts Legacy thoughts (8 hours in):

PROS:

-So far, the game is chock full of well-used space and content (Hogwarts and Hogsmeade, haven't explored the environment itself yet). There's pretty much always something to find, interact with, or to just look (or listen) at without having to go hardly any distance. And aside from things that are set in place, there seem to be random events and happenings that occur (in Hogwarts). Won't spoil things, and while most of these things are "small", walking through the same part of the castle for the 10th time might have something new to see. Hogwarts definitely feels alive, and yeah, they've been working on it for like 5 years now, but it's still amazing what they've done.

(EDIT: A good amount of things are destructible. So enjoy it! Lol. You can Repairo some things you break back together too.)

-Graphics are amazing. Besides the graphics themselves though, the attention to detail in practically every room, corridor, etc., is extraordinary. Some of the areas in Hogwarts and shops in Hogsmeade shows the passion the team had behind this. Some of the NPC facial features and mouth movements could have been better, but honestly, this is a pretty minimal "issue" to me.

-Very few issues with performance. I've had no framerate issues whatsoever, and I've only ran into a loading wheel when opening a door to another area a couple times which only took 1 second, if even that. (I only mention it because I've seen it mentioned elsewhere.) I've only seen a couple students get hung up on a corner or something too.

-Combat has been fun, with just the right amount of difficulty, I think. Haven't had many chances to fight yet, but I imagine it's going to be combat-heavy later on, so already knowing it's fun has me confident latter game will be good. The first boss battle I had was pretty easy, maybe too easy. But... I think I'm really over-leveled from exploring so much. I'm level 13 and the "required" level for one of the next main quests is 4... There was a comment "are we doing any damage to it?!" during the boss fight in the first... IDK, 10 seconds, and it was already down to 2/3 of its health. I'm playing on normal. So... if the next boss is as easy, I might raise it to hard. (That said, the enemies I found after this during a main quest were a little more challenging, and dueling club battles get tough.)

-Music is great. Repetitive or annoying music can make exploring less fun. Thankfully everywhere I've been, the music has been either good or even amazing.. No exact music is taken from the films, but you can hear bits here and there too.

CONS... and it's really only one at the moment (but a VERY annoying one).

-The inventory management (currently, maybe "early" game problem) sucks! Really sucks. Maybe I'm just exploring and finding too much, but for the last couple hours of play I'm constantly having to keep trashing my gear so I can open chests. I could go all the way to Hogsmeade to sell it, but that's so inconvenient. Plus... I LIKE the look of most the gear! I'm at the point where it's "annoying" to find chests or even puzzles/secrets that likely have chests as rewards. I have to keep opening my gear inventory to make sure I have at least one empty slot, and trash something if I don't...

You can expand this, but I'm at 8hrs now and haven't reached the point where you can begin doing it. I looked up when and I have the quest makes it available, but sheesh.

Lastly, perhaps a "slight" CON, though it really depends on the person, is that the game does hold your hand a little (at least up to where I've played). You can still mostly do what you want, but there are a few times where you need to do a task or follow someone, etc. But I still appear to be very early in the game. Willing to bet it goes from like ~90% open world to 100% at some point.

Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:06 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I wish Pokemon Trading Card game had come out right away. Definitely one of my favorites.

Metroid Prime looks to have updated more than just graphics. Might be worth grabbing after all. For some reason I quit playing after the opening back in the day.

I want Megaman Battle Network Collection too.

Gonna need a time turner just to get through all these games. :funny:

Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:58 am
Hold the door!

I’ve probably played Hogwarts Legacy on my PlayStation more since Sunday than I played my switch in the year that I owned one before I sold it :funny: jk but it’s so fun and addicting it was worth the over $600 I dropped for the PlayStation, shipping and the deluxe preorder edition

Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:57 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Okay, got the first gear slot upgrade. Not much... but it makes inventory management a "little" easier. The next one or two should make it satisfactory.

So... some advice or a tip: I'd suggest not going "overboard" with exploring in the beginning so you don't run into the same gear slot annoyance I did for hours. Also, the gear you get from chests appears to scale with your level, so no worries about getting them later. AND, I need to have more fights, but it seems enemies on the map may also scale to your level.

Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

You PlayStation gamers are SO lucky!

Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Twitch streamers are being harassed by activists while playing the game. Sad people can’t mind their own business.

Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:03 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The game is having huge sales and streams already (and it's only in early release), so it's not doing any "good." Rather, it's probably doing the opposite of what they're hoping by giving the game more exposure. And since the game is very good, it's likely just going to help sales from those on the fence or even uninterested watching it and wanting to play it too.

Instead... if someone really wants to boycott, etc., do so by not playing and not giving it attention and/or driving up its numbers further by going on streams and telling the gamer to stop playing, and the viewers to stop watching. Just ignore it.

In other news... Birdo is being added to Mario Kart 8 after 9 years / 6 years (Switch). I don't blame Nintendo for still pushing this game, it's always in the weekly/monthly top 10 sales in Japan and the U.K. (not sure about U.S.), and it's still ~$50/60, so why not keep focus on it? But the fact we're going to go over 10 years without a proper new Mario Kart is pretty crazy.

And you'll probably really enjoy Metroid Prime, Flava'd. It's one of the best games. I still recall many memorable moments playing it 20/21 years ago (my god...). I imagine it holds up very well.

Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:05 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Great to see that everyone is enjoying Hogwart's Legacy. Would have been such a bummer if the game ended up being a buggy mess that just became a meme. To hear that it is (almost) exactl what Potter fans have wanted all these years is a dream come true.

Damn, these last few stars in Galaxy are hard af. I had to get a few of them in handheld mode (playing with the touchscreen is surreal.) Currently at 112, with seven purple coin stars (all on the top levels) and one more green trial star (the ball one ... ugh have I mentioned I hate motion controls? :-p)

Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:41 am
Devil's Advocate

Doing a Super Mario World replay. I'm glad they tell you ahead of time which levels have the secret exits so I don't drive myself crazy looking around levels that don't have them.

Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 2270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 91  Next