Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next
 How worried about the Omicron variant are you? 

Not worried at all, let's move on with life 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Kind of worried, I might wear my mask but others don't have to 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Pretty worried, we should force masks and social distancing 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Extremely worried, lockdown please! 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Unsure 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

The Kramer

Post Re: Have you had the Covid vaccine?
What about Halloween?

Sat May 08, 2021 4:55 pm
Hold the door!

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
What about Halloween?

Only loser kids trick or treat alone.

Sat May 08, 2021 5:39 pm
Top Poster

zwackerm wrote:
People who wear masks outside by themselves are morons.

https://now.tufts.edu/articles/are-face ... -allergies

My seasonal allergies to pollen seem to have been a lot better this past year for as long as I can remember.

Sat May 08, 2021 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

zwackerm wrote:
What about Halloween?

Only loser kids trick or treat alone.
What about luchadors?

Sat May 08, 2021 11:59 pm
100% That Bitch

Fully vaccinated since January lol

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun May 09, 2021 3:15 am
Cream of the Crop

I think they're still vaccinating the 70+ year olds here. Or maybe 60+ by now, as it has recently picked up some speed.

Ator: I love you.
Sunya: And I love you.
Ator: Why can't we marry?
Sunya: Ator, we are brother and sister.
Ator: I'll talk with our father.

Mon May 10, 2021 3:16 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

I reached the 2 week mark after my 2nd shot. That’s when full immunity is supposed to take effect.

I was blind, but now I see.

Mon May 10, 2021 9:45 am
Hold the door!

lilmac wrote:
I reached the 2 week mark after my 2nd shot. That’s when full immunity is supposed to take effect.

That’s today for me, get this mask off my face now!

Mon May 10, 2021 9:50 am
The Kramer

I kinda like how wearing my mask when I don’t need to bothers Trump people (and you can always tell.) It reminds them of what they weren’t willing to do and the cost of their selfishness. Not being sick is a great motivator, but that’s as great a reason to keep them on for the rest of our lives as any else. I should make a bunch of “Jan 6 - Attack On Democracy” shirts to go with it. :funny:

Mon May 10, 2021 1:29 pm
Hold the door!

I kinda like how wearing my mask when I don’t need to bothers Trump people (and you can always tell.) It reminds them of what they weren’t willing to do and the cost of their selfishness. Not being sick is a great motivator, but that’s as great a reason to keep them on for the rest of our lives as any else. I should make a bunch of “Jan 6 - Attack On Democracy” shirts to go with it. :funny:

Please do, then I know who to avoid lol! :funny:

Mon May 10, 2021 1:32 pm
Devil's Advocate

It will definitely be interesting to see in a few years if they're an instant woke identification process. It would be useful to them if they could meet a girl at a bookstore and immediately know they could talk about systemic racism. The people with masks in their twitter avatars will never take them off probably.

Mon May 10, 2021 2:08 pm
The Kramer

Shack wrote:
It will definitely be interesting to see in a few years if they're an instant woke identification process. It would be useful to them if they could meet a girl at a bookstore and immediately know they could talk about systemic racism. The people with masks in their twitter avatars will never take them off probably.
”Hey baby, Tryna get that privilege smashed?”

Awesome. This is definitely your best idea.

Mon May 10, 2021 3:26 pm
On autopilot for the summer

I wonder how long it will be before non vaccinated people start calling us "filthy little mudbloods"

In between shots now. No side effects to speak of.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon May 10, 2021 3:56 pm
Devil's Advocate

Weird times psychologically

Thu May 13, 2021 12:30 am
100% That Bitch

zwackerm wrote:
lilmac wrote:

You still have to wear your mask.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu May 13, 2021 12:34 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I hope people who get vaccine do not think they cannot get COVID, it just wouldn't be life threatening but still dangerous.

Thu May 13, 2021 1:05 am
Angels & Demons

Hello!! I am trying to research but maybe some of you already know more. The only available vaccine for our country is SINOVAC and AZTRAZENECA. People below 18 and above 60 and frontliners are the priority. In our small town clinic, they are only giving out Aztrazeneca. I'm scared for my mom because she's a senior and must comply the vaccination shot. I have heard that Aztrazeneca is a stronger dose than Sinovac and could be more dangerous for senior who have heart problems. I am trying to find articles about this but I am not sure what to believe anymore.

Thank you so much for anyone who could answer!

Edit: It seems Aztrazeneca is still fine regardless of age except for pregnant or breastfeeding women so I guess mom will be more confident going to the clinic tomorrow (Our vaccinations shots are on a first come first serve basis)

Thu May 13, 2021 6:29 am
Hold the door!

Mau wrote:
zwackerm wrote:
lilmac wrote:

You still have to wear your mask.

Perfectly aware thanks.
Jack Sparrow wrote:
I hope people who get vaccine do not think they cannot get COVID, it just wouldn't be life threatening but still dangerous.

I’m perfectly aware there is a 5% breakthrough rate with the Pfizer vaccine, however I don’t believe anyone has gotten a breakthrough case that has killed them. Anyway, I will wear a mask as long as businesses require them but sure as heck will not once they are not. I already don’t wear a mask unless in a context where it’s mandatory and enforced.

Anyway I reject the notion that you still need to take precautions once vaccinated, at least to protect yourself. There is a small chance that you could still spread the virus, but the vaccine is the best protection we will ever get. Once everyone who wants the vaccine has it (which we are extremely near to that here in PA), there’s no reason to force anyone to follow any of these draconian infringements.

Thu May 13, 2021 7:27 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Alright your post above suggested differently. I agree if there is 100% vaccination in your state then they should possibly remove the mandate.

Thu May 13, 2021 10:49 am
Top Poster

chQta wrote:
Hello!! I am trying to research but maybe some of you already know more. The only available vaccine for our country is SINOVAC and AZTRAZENECA. People below 18 and above 60 and frontliners are the priority. In our small town clinic, they are only giving out Aztrazeneca. I'm scared for my mom because she's a senior and must comply the vaccination shot. I have heard that Aztrazeneca is a stronger dose than Sinovac and could be more dangerous for senior who have heart problems. I am trying to find articles about this but I am not sure what to believe anymore.

Thank you so much for anyone who could answer!

Edit: It seems Aztrazeneca is still fine regardless of age except for pregnant or breastfeeding women so I guess mom will be more confident going to the clinic tomorrow (Our vaccinations shots are on a first come first serve basis)

Vaccines with stronger dosage likely have higher inflammatory effects, For more honest web articles, you can avoid the word “vaccine”, and do web search for inflammation and heart attack (or whatever other heart condition) and there should be some tips for what your mom can do before and after taking the shot to help alleviate inflammation effects.

In general she should drink enough water, get enough sunlight or Vitamin D, and avoid inflammatory foods during this time period. Before taking any anti-inflammatory pills though (even if she regularly takes them), she may want to consult a physician, as some may reduce the efficacy of the vaccine.

Thu May 13, 2021 11:21 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Alright your post above suggested differently. I agree if there is 100% vaccination in your state then they should possibly remove the mandate.

There will never be 100%, they should definitely remove it once everyone who wants it has it.

Thu May 13, 2021 12:45 pm
Top Poster

A lot of states with mask mandates do worse than states that don’t in terms of Covid. If someone re-uses dirty masks with bacteria, it weakens their immune system, so if they do contract Covid it’s likelier to be more severe. For someone who has Covid in their body, wearing mask also reduces viral shedding, so s/he will have higher viral load in their body longer.

In terms of not yet loosening restrictions, what’s understated is that immediately after taking the vaccine is when the human body is the weakest and most vulnerable to severe Covid cases, as it takes some time for body to build up the proper immunity. This is why we see spike in Covid cases and Covid deaths in many countries immediately after vaccine becomes available, it’s not just to fearmonger people to be more afraid of Covid. So restrictions are still there to protect those who just recently took the vaccine who are at higher risk than unvaccinated.

Thu May 13, 2021 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

CDC just released statement saying fully vaccinated people can forego masks and social distance entirely.

Now just waiting on our governor to catch up!

Thu May 13, 2021 3:34 pm
The Kramer

Rules that stop people from killing over people = draconian? Are you also against drunk driving laws?

Thu May 13, 2021 3:37 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The CDC's decision sort of smells like "vaccination rates are slowing, let's announce the ultimate inventive now" to me. I'm not really doubting them, it likely is safe and they were probably going to announce this pretty soon anyway, but the timing is a bit sudden. But if this encourages more people to get the second shot, or to get their first, it likely outweighs the risks of a later announcement. They still said that airplanes, for example, is an environment where masks are still recommended though.

But whenever I am on any public transit or in any crowded environment, I'll 100% be wearing a mask in these situations, probably forever. And it's not even a COVID thing, really. It's just been very, very nice not being sick, at all, in over a year and a half now. And it's thanks to the mask-wearing, sanitary practices, and social distancing. I haven't touched, with my barehand, a public door handle, gas nozzle, or other type of public surface in well over a year.

It's a true silver-lining that's come from this whole situation, making people more health-conscious, and it's interesting that these practices, besides handwashing, were never really at the forefront (in most countries, anyway) of avoiding common illnesses.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu May 13, 2021 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20  Next