Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Name Changes 
The Kramer

Post Name Changes
The Redskins have announced they officially change their name. I'm kinda jealous of them though, there is such an obvious solution to their problem - The Washington Monuments. Should satisfy both the liberals and conservatives while leaving both a little bit upset. The definition of compromise!

I'm jealous because my beloved Indians don't have such an easy replacement. Cleveland Spiders seems to be the odds on favorite, and I can see how the block C with a web in it would make a cool logo, but I dunno. Nobody likes spiders. Nobody is gonna want to root for spiders. I can guess they use images of spiders to try and psych-out their opponents, ala Baseketball, but not sure that is worth it. The other options: Naps (would be cool, but sounds too much like Nats.), Rockers (sounds too much like rockies) , Blues (St. Louis already has the name and Blues isn't the same as rock, though it would be cool way to counter the Cincinnati Reds and fits with Cleveland Browns) , Guardians (sounds like an XFL team) or Commodores (this is OK, probably my favorite of all the bad options, fits with Cleveland Cavaliers, and they could use Brick House as their theme song.)

Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:38 pm
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Name Changes
I like Warriors more than Monuments.

And Cleveland Commodores would be cool too, I guess I have a thing for alliteration.

Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:28 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Cleveland Commodores would be cool but when then loose people can use the name as Cleveland Commode to make fun

Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:52 pm
Devil's Advocate

I understand changing Redskins but the rest seems unnecessary. Words like Eskimos and Indians aren't racist.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]