Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 My Friend Got A Tryout With a NFL Team 
Site Owner

Post My Friend Got A Tryout With a NFL Team
He got invited to an open, but still invitation only, tryout for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers sometime last week.

He went down, tried out for a saftey position. Yesterday he got a call inviting him to training camp!

Don't know if he can make the practice squad or not, but its pretty damn sweet that he is going.

Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

That's nothing... the Detroit Lions are accepting anybody without a tryout. If you can hold a footbal and are willing to buy your own helmet,l they will make you the quarterback. And, if you're willing to buy your own whistle, you can be the head coach!

But, seriously that's pretty cool, Eagle. Let us know if he makes it so we can watch for him when the season starts!

Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:13 pm
Teenage Dream

That's nothing... the Detroit Lions are accepting anybody without a tryout. If you can hold a footbal and are willing to buy your own helmet,l they will make you the quarterback. And, if you're willing to buy your own whistle, you can be the head coach!

But, seriously that's pretty cool, Eagle. Let us know if he makes it so we can watch for him when the season starts!

I'm sure what their really searching for is someone who can snap an extra point ball. :razz:

Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:14 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

TonyMontana wrote:

I'm sure what their really searching for is someone who can snap an extra point ball. :razz:

God... I remember that Minnesota game like it was yesterday... 27-28 loss! :mad:

I actually recorded the entire Lions season minus commercials on a DVD. I have a 16 DVD set that I can rewatch them find new ways to lose over and over and over again.

Why must you torture me with such memories?

Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:25 pm
I'm Batman

Lions are good whipping boys for the Packers. \:D/

Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:52 pm
Site Owner

I will let you know so you can watch him in the preseason games.

I think the best he can hope for is to make the practice squad, but that would be amazing.

Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Shut up.

Isn't Brett Favre like 50 years old now? The Packers time is long gone, they soon will be switching places with the Lions!

Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:35 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

I will let you know so you can watch him in the preseason games.

I think the best he can hope for is to make the practice squad, but that would be amazing.

Making the practice squad would definitely be impressive. Hell, I'd be happy if I could be a water boy.

Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:35 pm
I'm Batman

BacktotheFuture wrote:

Shut up.

Isn't Brett Favre like 50 years old now? The Packers time is long gone, they soon will be switching places with the Lions!

Hmm, seems like I've been hearing that from Lion, Bear, and Viking fans for the past five years. Wait, which team is the only NFCN champion? \:D/

Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:37 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

TonyMontana wrote:
BacktotheFuture wrote:

Shut up.

Hmm, seems like I've been hearing that from Lion, Bear, and Viking fans for the past five years. Wait, which team is the only NFCN champion? \:D/

Please keep logic, stats, and facts out of this debate. They have no place here.

Lions rock!!!!!!!! Packers suck!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:52 pm
I'm Batman

BacktotheFuture wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:
BacktotheFuture wrote:

Shut up.

Please keep logic, stats, and facts out of this debate. They have no place here.

Lions rock!!!!!!!! Packers suck!!!!!!!!!!

Fine well if we're keeping those out of the discussion...Joey Harrington sucks!! Actually stats, logic, and facts still back up my statement.

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:01 pm
Waitress in LA

Tell me who I am

I ran five yards past the line of scrimmage and then tried to throw a shuttle pass when i had already went past the first down marker

thE GaMe

Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
I'm Batman

BacktotheFuture wrote:

Tell me who I am

I ran five yards past the line of scrimmage and then tried to throw a shuttle pass when i had already went past the first down marker

Tell me who I am, I'm the only three-time NFL MVP, I've won a Super Bowl, and I'm at the top of the chart in most or all QB statistics. PWNED.

Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:13 pm
Romosexual!

Post Re: My Friend Got A Tryout With a NFL Team
Eagle wrote:
He got invited to an open, but still invitation only, tryout for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers sometime last week.

He went down, tried out for a saftey position. Yesterday he got a call inviting him to training camp!

Don't know if he can make the practice squad or not, but its pretty damn sweet that he is going.

that's freaking AWSOME! :D it's like winning the lotto....sorta. :wink:

Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]