Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 906 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
 The Football thread 
The Original

Post Re: Official Euro 2008 Thread!!!!!! Predict!!!
Well Spain was better. Germanys offense was non existent. Well Spain played a very good tournament so its a good winner.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:47 pm
Extraordinary

Yay, Spain! A win for the more attractive, fast, offensive soccer. Germany played one realy good match, against Portugal. They didn't even deserve to be in the final, there were a lot of teams playing better than them.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:07 am
No Wire Tampons!

bahh the last few games were really underwhelming, i thought the final was pretty poor actually.

The best game remains Turkey v Croatia.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Gamaur's sex slave

Michael. wrote:
bahh the last few games were really underwhelming, i thought the final was pretty poor actually.

The best game remains Turkey v Croatia.

That was actually a bore of a game that only remains in the mind because of the two goals in the last minute, but everything that came before was just blah.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:40 pm
Gamaur's sex slave

Prediction Master

GERMANY vs SPAIN
FINAL RESULT: 0 - 1

Predictions

Price: 3-2
Xiayun: 1-3 (1)
Nebs: 1-1
Dr. Lecter: 2-1
Filmo: 1-2 (1)
Asalem182: 2-1
Levy: 2-1
Misutaa: 2-1
Riggs: 1-3 (1)
Trixster: 3-2
Neo_wolf: 1-4 (1)
Gulli: 2-1
Magnus: 2-1
Bodrul: 1-3 (1)
Dolcevita: 1-2 (1)
Guybrush: 4-0

Scoreboard (alphabetical order):
Levy - 18 points
Dr. Lecter - 17 points
Filmo - 17 points
Xiayun - 15 points
Price - 14 points
Nebs - 13 points
Asalem182 - 12 points
Misutaa - 11 points
Riggs - 6 points
Bodrul - 5 points
Neo_wolf - 4 points
Gulli - 3 points
GuybrushX - 3 points
Shack - 3 points
Dolcevita: 1 point
Manny: 1 point
Trixster: 1 point

:3rd: Xiayun
:2nd: (a tie) Dr. Lecter & Filmo
:1st: Levy

Well, congratulations to all of you. Maybe Germany didn't win the final, but in the prediction game, Germany was once more the master.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:59 pm
You must have big rats

Nazgul9 wrote:
Yay, Spain! A win for the more attractive, fast, offensive soccer. Germany played one realy good match, against Portugal. They didn't even deserve to be in the final, there were a lot of teams playing better than them.

Don't blame it on us, blame it on the opponents who sucked.

Oh and we played two good matches. Against Poland we did pretty well too.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

I think Loew should be given a special medal for getting Germany to the final, i mean any team with a clown like Metzelder in central defense that still almost wins the thing is pretty impressive.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:48 pm
You must have big rats

Gulli wrote:
I think Loew should be given a special medal for getting Germany to the final, i mean any team with a clown like Metzelder in central defense that still almost wins the thing is pretty impressive.

Hm, there were worse one in the defense.

Jansen...

Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Gulli wrote:

Hm, there were worse one in the defense.

Jansen...

I'd single out Metzelder for the way he was exposed against both the Turks and Spanish, any time a team drove hard down the center Germany looked suspect with only midfield men like Ballack who in my view had to play more defensively they he would have liked stemming the tide. Germany need to find a Makelele or Senna style holding midfielder before they persist with Metzelder in the center.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:00 pm
You must have big rats

Eh, that's just one of the few problems.

At least Lehmann was aces in the final match.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Mad Jen's was great I'd agree, althou as an Arsenal fan I'm sorta relieved he's gone since you'd always expect some sort of silly bust up with an opposing player for little reason.

On another note I'd say Ballack has enough silver in his house at this stage to start being a world supplier man has terrible luck.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:11 pm
You must have big rats

Gulli wrote:
Mad Jen's was great I'd agree, althou as an Arsenal fan I'm sorta relieved he's gone since you'd always expect some sort of silly bust up with an opposing player for little reason.

On another note I'd say Ballack has enough silver in his house at this stage to start being a world supplier man has terrible luck.

Hah, yes, hasn't the exact same situation happen back in 2002 to him? (well only with WC instead of Euro).

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Gulli wrote:

Hah, yes, hasn't the exact same situation happen back in 2002 to him? (well only with WC instead of Euro).

Yea i think it was the WC and the german title,cup and european cup with Bayer Leverkusen. He must have pissed off a voodoo priestess or something.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:20 pm
You must have big rats

Gulli wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Gulli wrote:

Yea i think it was the WC and the german title,cup and european cup with Bayer Leverkusen. He must have pissed off a voodoo priestess or something.

I also Bayer Leverkusen really was screwed in 2002. Champion's League, German Cup and German Bundesliga Cup...came in second in all of them and that despite having some really great chances.

During one of the matches, the one with Schalke 04 for the German Cup I was at the hospital, same room as a Leverkusen fan (I was a Schalke fan at the time) we watched the match together...I was delighted...the other guy, not so much.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

I think I might have topped myself if i'd been a Leverkusen fan back in 2002. I always wondered how the did so well, i mean considering their stadium can only hold like 25000 they didn't buy success, it would be like Hull City nearly winning the EPL.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:28 pm
You must have big rats

A good friend of mine is a Leverkused fan, for a long time now. He's pretty used to them being the eternal silver takers. Like Spain used to be for a loong time in a way, heh.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
Gamaur's sex slave

Dr. Lecter wrote:
A good friend of mine is a Leverkused fan, for a long time now. He's pretty used to them being the eternal silver takers. Like Spain used to be for a loong time in a way, heh.

:er:

Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:00 pm
You must have big rats

Price wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

:er:

Despite having some pretty good team...no Euro wins in 44 years and no World Cup wins ever.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
je vois l'avenir

shouldn't this no longer be a sticky?

Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:31 am

Well, next one is just around the corner!

Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:44 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Any chance this thread is renamed to the general football thread?

Anyone catch anything of the end of transfer window?

Absolutely unbeliveable. In the same day Man City go from being absolutely broke to the richest club in the world, with their owners (ADUG - Abu Dhabi united group) apparently 10 times wealthier than Abramovich, and even managed to trump him in signing Robinho at the last minute for £32.5million! It was bloody ridiculous to say the least in that it was confirmed in the morning of the last day of the tranfer window they Man City, and subsequently made official bids for - David Villa, Mario Gomez, Robinho, Huntellar, Berbatov (thus forcing Man U to pay more for him :funny: )and Robinho!

Now the 'face' behind it all - Dr Suliyman Al-Fahim is saying this is only the begining, and is going to bid £135million in january for Cristiano Ronaldo, aswell as Torres and Fabregas!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 55,00.html

Major Moves
Berbatov (the cunt) to Man United for £30.75million,
Robinho to Man City for £32.5 million,
Pavyluchenko to Tottenham for £14million . .
Deco to Chelsea for £8million
Robbie Keane to Liverpool for £20.3million
Luka Modric to Tottenham for £16million . .
Dani Alves to Barca for £24million

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:33 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Football thread
For that sum, I'd gladly give him Ronaldo. Jesus! Though, I have doubts it will happen.

Thanks for Berba, was overpayed, but we got the player we needed. Not sure why you're calling him cunt, unless it's for his wish to leave, which I could understand (had similar thoughts about Ronny there over the summer ;-)). Also, I really like the players you guys got. City was stupid to let Corluka go, Modric is a class, and I loved Pavyluchenko on Euro.

Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:19 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Nebs wrote:
For that sum, I'd gladly give him Ronaldo. Jesus! Though, I have doubts it will happen.

Thanks for Berba, was overpayed, but we got the player we needed. Not sure why you're calling him cunt, unless it's for his wish to leave, which I could understand (had similar thoughts about Ronny there over the summer ;-)). Also, I really like the players you guys got. City was stupid to let Corluka go, Modric is a class, and I loved Pavyluchenko on Euro.

Mainly for being a miserable git after we told him we wouldnt sell him, and for then refusing to play for us against Sunderland. We've got a better squad this season overall but lacking something upfront . . considering we lost the best strike partnership in the league this summer. I hope Pavlyuchenko can do it for us. Then again fat ronaldo is out of contract so we could be in for him apparently :grrr:

Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Full Fledged Member

ManU - Pool 1:4 :whaa: :whaa: :whaa:

Rafa: "We can beat anyone"

completely unexpected, Pool's title dreams appear anything but over now!

Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:05 pm
The Original

Post The Football thread
Edit

Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 906 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next