Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Barry Bonds and his Legacy 
The Incredible Hulk

Post Barry Bonds and his Legacy
Well looks like the local newspaper (San Francisco Chronicle) got a hold of a recorded conversation where Barry's long-time friend said he supplied steroids to him (at least) during the 2003 season. What does this do to his already tarnished image? Also what does this mean about his soon to be homerun record? Discuss.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

his legacy will always be tainted due to the steroids question.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:47 pm
Site Owner

My thoughts are that it wont seriously effect his image. Most everyone that closely follows baseball knows he took them.

Take a look at Bond's Pre Steroid career in Pittsburgh. He was amazing. Won a few MVP's and was an all around amazing player. One of the games elites even before he started on steroids.

What makes Bonds is his bat speed something that steroids can not help you with. The steroids added his power, allowed for his single season and eventually the all time homerun records, but they did not make him the player that he is.

He will likly go down (30-100 years from now) as the best man to ever play the game.

Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

Yes, steroids can not help his bat speed which has always been phenomenal. I think though however without the steroids he might not have gotten the single-season homerun record, nor would he be challenging Hank Aaron for career homers.

I also agree that even ihad he not taken steroids he would be a first-ballot HoFamer, but talks of him and greatest baseball player ever will be tained becuase of these current allegations thus far.

I am sure his legal team is telling him that even if evidence were to arise that he tested positive for steroids, he will disavow any knowledge or intent of taking them.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

He will likly go down (30-100 years from now) as the best man to ever play the game.

I dont know if he's taken roids or not but if its prooven that he did then i will never call him the Greatest baseball player ever and he shouldnt be called that if its prooven he took roids.

Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]