Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Picks/Talk on NFL Conf Game - Atlanta - Philly / Pitt - NE 
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Post Picks/Talk on NFL Conf Game - Atlanta - Philly / Pitt - NE
So what is your feeling on Atlanta vs Philly? Can Michael Vick be stopped?

Look like it will be NE vs Pitts? How will the Pitts rookie quaterback play.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIDE YOUR WOMEN & CHILDREN
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON
BUT REMEMBER*****GOLDIE*****ALWAYS KNOWS THE RIGHT/BETTER ANSWER
THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOLDIE

Last edited by Goldie on Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:38 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Golfaholic

This is a completely open game. I depends on whether the Eagles can contain Vick or not. I don't think it is going to be a close game, I just don't know who will pummel whom :wink:

Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:33 pm
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
With NE up 20 - 3 in the 4th quarter with 5 minutes left, it looks like it will be NE vs Pitts.

For Ind, not playing in the dome and in the snow or cold, probably made a difference.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

That's pretty bad for Indy. You'd figure that Manning can bring some kind of life and shoot in a couple touchdowns...

Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:37 pm
Forum General

Eagles will stomp the falcons

As I haven't watched the Eagles much, how much do the Eagles lose without having T Owens playing?

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Eagle wrote:
Eagles will stomp the falcons

As I haven't watched the Eagles much, how much do the Eagles lose without having T Owens playing?

Nobody knows.

They did silence the critics today by distributing the ball well between their WR's, but Westbrook was still the biggest factor in the game.

Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:58 pm
I'm Batman

Is the fourth time the charm? Vick says no-no. He's gonna run all over the Beagles.

Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:59 pm
Superman: The Movie

I don't know very much about both of these teams, except for the fact that Philadelphia hasn't won a NFC Championship game in their last three attempts, and the Falcons with Michael Vick. However, I think Vick will be able to pick apart the Ealges defense with some ease. The game itself is going to be close, but Vick is going to have a big game, and that will lead the Falcons to victory over the Eagles and put them in the Super Bowl.

Falcons 35-28

Patriots vs. Steelers

This is not only going to be the game of the week, month and year, but this is the game of the decade. The Patriots in Week 8 got totally dominated by the Steelers and saw their 22 game win streak come to an end. This time around, the Steelers have a 15 game winning streak, and Big Ben has yet to lose a game. Even though this game is going to be in Pittsburgh, this is the week Big Ben loses. He is afterall, a rookie quarterback with a bad thumb. Plus next week, the Patriots will most likely have Richard Seymour back, and they will have Corey Dillion playing in the game (Unlike in Week 8).

If the Patriots can dismantle the Colts this badly (Even though the game was at Gillette with Snow) and if the Steelers could just barely get by the Jets, I don't think that bodes well for the Steelers. It's going to be neck and neck all the way through, but I think the Patriots will beat the Steelers once again in Pittsburgh to win the AFC Championship.

Patriots 24-17

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

Eagles vs. Falcons

I don't know very much about both of these teams, except for the fact that Philadelphia hasn't won a NFC Championship game in their last three attempts, and the Falcons with Michael Vick. However, I think Vick will be able to pick apart the Ealges defense with some ease. The game itself is going to be close, but Vick is going to have a big game, and that will lead the Falcons to victory over the Eagles and put them in the Super Bowl.

Falcons 35-28

Patriots vs. Steelers

This is not only going to be the game of the week, month and year, but this is the game of the decade. The Patriots in Week 8 got totally dominated by the Steelers and saw their 22 game win streak come to an end. This time around, the Steelers have a 15 game winning streak, and Big Ben has yet to lose a game. Even though this game is going to be in Pittsburgh, this is the week Big Ben loses. He is afterall, a rookie quarterback with a bad thumb. Plus next week, the Patriots will most likely have Richard Seymour back, and they will have Corey Dillion playing in the game (Unlike in Week 8).

If the Patriots can dismantle the Colts this badly (Even though the game was at Gillette with Snow) and if the Steelers could just barely get by the Jets, I don't think that bodes well for the Steelers. It's going to be neck and neck all the way through, but I think the Patriots will beat the Steelers once again in Pittsburgh to win the AFC Championship.

Patriots 24-17

Your gonna get them both wrong!

Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:58 am
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

jmart007 wrote:
Eagles vs. Falcons

Falcons 35-28

Patriots vs. Steelers

Patriots 24-17

Your gonna get them both wrong!

Based on what?

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:26 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Post Re: Picks/Talk on NFL Conf Game - Atlanta - Philly / Pitt -
Goldie wrote:
So what is your feeling on Atlanta vs Philly? Can Michael Vick be stopped?

Look like it will be NE vs Pitts? How will the Pitts rookie quaterback play.

:( Vick can be and will be stopped by the Eagles defense and so the Falcons will lose. :(

The Pitts rookie QB will play like a rookie QB :( so teh Pats will win it. :( just like they beat them in Heniz Field during Pats first Super Bowl win season. (forgot the year)

--------------

today was BLACK SUNDAY for me :mad: cause both COlts and Vikings lost and i was rooting for em.

Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:57 am
College Boy Z

I'm a die hard Eagles fan, and a die hard Falcons fan too. This is the game I've been dreaming about all season, and I'm giving the win to Atlanta Falcons. I'm also willing to bet now that they'll win the Superbowl. It's definently been a great year for the Falcons, and if they made it this far, nothing will stand in their way. The Eagles curse (or "The Philly Curse") will strike once again, and I'm not going to sit here and *hope* that something different happens. My support now goes to the Falcons.

Atlanta Falcons will beat the Eagles, and go to the Superbowl.

Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:05 am
Teh Mexican

Well Falcons and (i hate to say this :mad: ) Steelers to the SUPERBOWL!! \:D/

Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:22 am
Golfaholic

How can anyone doubt the Patriots after yesterday's performance?

Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:24 am
College Boy Z

I'm tired of them winning the Superbowl. :razz:

Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:38 am
life begins now

Cause. :wink:

Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:34 pm
Profile YIM
Golfaholic

Levy wrote:

I'm tired of them winning the Superbowl. :razz:

Me too, but you have to admit that they were awesome against Manning. I don't see Pany way Pittsburgh can win and Phillies neither. The only possible danger could be Atlanta becauseof the Vick-factor. They have a unique offense and that is the only thing that can give trouble to the Pats defense. I so hope that Atlanta will beat Philly, otherwise the Superbowl will be pretty boring...

Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:41 pm
College Boy Z

I would love to see the Eagles go to the Superbowl, but I don't think it'll happen.

Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:24 pm
Golfaholic

I would love to see the Eagles go to the Superbowl, but I don't think it'll happen.

It would surprise if you wouldn't since you're from Philly. But as a neutral observer (I happen to like the Giants) it is far more fun to watch Vick than the whole Philly offense...

Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:25 pm
Zingaling wrote:

It would surprise if you wouldn't since you're from Philly. But as a neutral observer (I happen to like the Giants) it is far more fun to watch Vick than the whole Philly offense...

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/n ... proto=rtsp

Open that file from Real Player and go to the 1:20 mark.

Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:31 pm
Hot Fuss

God oh please I hope the Patriots and Eagles loose.

The Patriots need to stop winning. Boooring.

Eagles suck. Asshole fans. Asshole players. Blah! My least favorite team EVER. I on't care how many of you I offended

*runs*

Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Owner

The Falcons can not beat the eagles. It is really simple.

We will not spread the feild like the rams did, and we will use a saftey in run/blitz whih the rams NEVER did.

We will make vick throw to beat us, something he can not and will not do, especially when 3/4ths of our secondary is in the probowl. You will all see, vick will get 100 yards on the ground, and the Falcons will lose by over 30.

Don't forget, they are used to a dome, and are now coming to the freezing open air Linc. Also don't forget how hard it is to kick FG's in the linc, we have akers .... the falcons have garbage.

Frankly if you can contain the falcons running game, and make them beat you in the air, they really have no chance, and you will see that on sunday. Vick is overated, Mcnabb will get his due credit after this game. The eagles will have a feild day with the falcons undersized D-Line.

Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:43 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

the worst thing that could happen :( WILL happen.

Eagles will beat Falcon and do it easily.

Pats will beat Steelers and also do it easily.

:cry: :cry: Black Sunday :cry: :cry:

Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:58 pm
College Boy Z

Eagles stats have always been good, but even with that, they've consistantly lost the NFC championship 3 years running. Why? Because Philadelphia puts too much pressure on them to win, and for some reason, they can't take any pressure whatsoever. The Eagles will choke as usual, and Falcons will come with the upset victory. I can feeeel it.

One advantage that the Eagles have this weekend is ... the snow! It's going to snow... hard... on game day. :razz:

Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next