Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The college basketball thread 
Forum General

Post The college basketball thread
Yeah so talk about all college bball realted things here. :D

Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:04 am
Forum General

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:28 am
Extraordinary

As a Duke grad, I certainly do. :) ACC is loaded this year. Wake Forest didn't look too good in losing to Illinois, but Georgia Tech and UNC(after losing the first game) have been playing well. Duke is doing fine too, but haven't really played a tough opponent on the road. Still great to see Reddick and Ewing are shooting lights out. :) We need Williams to stay out of foul trouble and be that inside presence since we basically have no bench.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:35 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

As a Duke grad, I certainly do. :) ACC is loaded this year. Wake Forest didn't look too good in losing to Illinois, but Georgia Tech and UNC(after losing the first game) have been playing well. Duke is doing fine too, but haven't really played a tough opponent on the road. Still great to see Reddick and Ewing are shooting lights out. :) We need Williams to stay out of foul trouble and be that inside presence since we basically have no bench.

Meh....ACC is loaded....7 teams in the top 25 i think, but I HATE duke...sorry :oops:

Im a UK fan myself

Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:52 pm
Indiana Jones IV

xiayun wrote:

Meh....ACC is loaded....7 teams in the top 25 i think, but I HATE duke...sorry :oops:

Im a UK fan myself

uhh agreed. me personally being from CT am a UCONN fan. and i have this DEEP PASSIONATE HATE FOR DUKE. Uconn will do decently this year but has a young team and will hit a lot of bumps when on the road.

i am an addict of college basketball.

who do you think the surprise of this year will be? i have my eye on geroge washington but they have alraedy been somewhat exposed already in the top 25. (this years St. joesephs)

1. The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
2. The Royal Tenenbaums
3. No Country for Old Men
4. Rushmore
5. Being John Malkovich

Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

This thread won't get humming until the tournament starts rolling around.

Pitt 8-0 ranked 10th in the Nation.

KJ

Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:
xiayun wrote:

Im a UK fan myself

uhh agreed. me personally being from CT am a UCONN fan. and i have this DEEP PASSIONATE HATE FOR DUKE. Uconn will do decently this year but has a young team and will hit a lot of bumps when on the road.

who do you think the surprise of this year will be? i have my eye on geroge washington but they have alraedy been somewhat exposed already in the top 25. (this years St. joesephs)

Perhaps Mizzou :?:

Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:10 pm
Indiana Jones IV

newfoundglorysp wrote:
lovemerox wrote:
xiayun wrote:

Im a UK fan myself

Perhaps Mizzou :?:
\

i think they lost their shot after losing to illinois. though a close game. that was their chance of the year.

2. The Royal Tenenbaums
4. Rushmore
5. Being John Malkovich

Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

anyone see the Kansas win over Kentucky @ KENTUCKY? hmmm

still 4 unbeatens that i know of...

illinois.
kansas.
duke.
boston college.

anyone predict who will be the last one to lose their first game?

lets get this thread movingg!

2. The Royal Tenenbaums
4. Rushmore
5. Being John Malkovich

Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

the Kansas/Uk game was really good. I was impressed with UK. They are very young, and come march will be explosive

Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:49 am
Indiana Jones IV

well my team, syracuse orangemen are #6 right now and are playing tonight but i'm not sure who yet :???:

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder - BUY THE BOOK NOW!!! On New York Times Best Seller List 9 Weeks in a Row

Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Still think Illinois has the best chance of going undefeated the furthest. Pretty much the only tough test is against Michigan State. Blue Devils has basically been hanging on with 6 players, and UNC and Wake Forest have definitely been more impressive. Kansas has only played one road game so far, but that game against UK is pretty good.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:29 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

My damned uconn huskies. they need to find some leadership and stop taking jumshots. jesus that game against OU was brutal to watch.

2. The Royal Tenenbaums
4. Rushmore
5. Being John Malkovich

Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

Yeh Pitt has not been a whole lot better, they are having trouble with some garbage teams.

Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Yeh Pitt has not been a whole lot better, they are having trouble with some garbage teams.

agreed. losing to bucknell?!?! @ HOME?!?! and then GEORGETOWN!?!? AGAIN @HOME?!?! i thought it was supposed to be impossible to win @ pitt. things change.............

2. The Royal Tenenbaums
4. Rushmore
5. Being John Malkovich

Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:42 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Pitt stinks. They do this every year, though. Their first ten or fifteen games are always against cupcakes, and then they lose five or six in a row when it comes time to play the big boys. If you schedule tough early, it pays off late. Just ask the Temple Owls, who always play a brutal early schedule, lose a bunch of games, but still make the tournament cause they're used to a higher level of competition.

Anywho, i'm a Duck man myself. That UCLA loss was frustrating, but it's looking like it was a good loss because UCLA is really turning it on. I'm glad we beat the Beavs last week. They (Beavs) are a lot better this year, so that was a good win. I think we'll be really dangerous in February and March. We don't have a single senior on our team, and our best players are Freshmen and Sophmores. With some games under their belt, they'll be tough to beat. Aaron Brooks is one of the best PG's in the country, too.

Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:33 am
Okay, I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't

Pitt stinks. They do this every year, though. Their first ten or fifteen games are always against cupcakes, and then they lose five or six in a row when it comes time to play the big boys. If you schedule tough early, it pays off late. Just ask the Temple Owls, who always play a brutal early schedule, lose a bunch of games, but still make the tournament cause they're used to a higher level of competition.

Anywho, i'm a Duck man myself. That UCLA loss was frustrating, but it's looking like it was a good loss because UCLA is really turning it on. I'm glad we beat the Beavs last week. They (Beavs) are a lot better this year, so that was a good win. I think we'll be really dangerous in February and March. We don't have a single senior on our team, and our best players are Freshmen and Sophmores. With some games under their belt, they'll be tough to beat. Aaron Brooks is one of the best PG's in the country, too.

I am confused you say you are a Duck man...as in the Oregon Ducks...but you beat UCLA (I should know they are my favorite team). I am excited about UCLA this year because we have 3 starting freshman that are really playing well our only problem is no big guy in the middle.

I am also excited because I have tickets to the Sweet 16/Elite Eight games in Syracuse....awesome.

I HATE MICHAEL BAY

Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

makeshift_wings wrote:

I am confused you say you are a Duck man...as in the Oregon Ducks...but you beat UCLA (I should know they are my favorite team). I am excited about UCLA this year because we have 3 starting freshman that are really playing well our only problem is no big guy in the middle.

I am also excited because I have tickets to the Sweet 16/Elite Eight games in Syracuse....awesome.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/recap?gid=200501020449

Nope. You guy's beat us.

Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:24 pm
Okay, I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't

Optimus_Prime wrote:
makeshift_wings wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/recap?gid=200501020449

Nope. You guy's beat us.

Sorry, I got Oregon and Oregon State confused sorry about that, but that was a good win for us, since you guys are goiong to the tournament if you finish 4th in the Pac-10

I HATE MICHAEL BAY

Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:04 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

anyone see the Duke vs. UNC game tonight? what a finish pissed that duke one hopefully uconn will try and handle UNC on sunday.

2. The Royal Tenenbaums
4. Rushmore
5. Being John Malkovich

Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:28 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

UK is 18-2 baby!!!! were goin undefeated in the SEC this year

watch out come march!!!

Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:29 pm
College Boy T

*points in xiayun's direction*

Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:41 pm
Extraordinary

GILCHRIST IS MY SAVIOR

hehe, what can you do when 5 guys fouled out. I thought we should've gone for the win instead of the tie at the end of 2nd half since Sheldon and Ewing were already out. Great comeback by the Terps though.

At least we beat UNC at home. That's all that counts. A lot of campus benches were burned again. :)

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-

Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy T

torrino wrote:
GILCHRIST IS MY SAVIOR

hehe, what can you do when 5 guys fouled out. I thought we should've gone for the win instead of the tie at the end of 2nd half since Sheldon and Ewing were already out. Great comeback by the Terps though.

At least we beat UNC at home. That's all that counts. A lot of campus benches were burned again. :)

I made the mistake of wearing a light blue polo tee the day after UNC lost to Duke. I didn't know...

Maryland vs. Duke is always fun to watch. The fans on both sides hate the opposing team with a passion that it makes us all anxious and on our knees. Although I love close games, I'm near-shaking when Maryland's ONLY ahead by 7 points.

Gilchrist wasn't that good on Saturday. Remember at the near end when he missed those two foul-shots? That almost NEVER happens.

BTW, Michael, I've got to ask you. During your years at Duke, did you FEEL surrounded by the filthy and fortunate rich?

Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:12 pm
Extraordinary

Agree with the passion involved in the games between Maryland and Duke. You guys have beaten us at Cameron, at home, and at ACC tournament, and you won a national championship, but still the fans all rushed onto the court after the win as if it's a monumental upset. :)

I didn't feel I was surrounded by all the rich kids, maybe because I'm in engineering, although I did have quite a few friends whose families are just incredibly rich, especially the international students.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-

Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next