Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 236  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Welp that was AEWs first major fuck up lol. What went wrong???

The deathmatch itself was great though.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:02 am
The Kramer

If you take the botched explosion out I think Revolution was about a B+. Omega v Mox was awesome, Sting and tag titles were fun too, the womens title over delivered. The middle was a little dull though while we waited for the main events.

Edit: Maki Itoh surprise was great too!

Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:46 am
New Server, Same X

Man, we went from Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker representing Wrestlemania to... Shane McMahon? Is he really an attraction to only wrestle matches at Mania every year?

I feel bad for Braun. He held the Universal title for almost half a year and that's long forgotten about. He really is basically the new Big Show.

Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:50 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yeah. Never really understood why WWE regularly seems to be limiting Braun's potential in the company. He's good on the mic, sells the "monster" gimmick very well, is solid in the ring, and the crowd largely enjoys him. It has to be some backstage nonsense.

He was super-over for around a year and they never really gave him that final title push (always coming up short in his title shots), and WWE were mostly "forced" to out the Universal title on him due to Reigns stepping away due to the pandemic (Reigns obviously would have gotten the title from Goldberg last year)...

Chances are he never would have gotten the title otherwise, and I really wouldn't bet on him getting the opportunity again. Unless he's content in what's likely to be a career of always playing the monster-type role and always coming up short of any accomplishments, I can see him jumping ship in the future.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I watched Revolution, AEW has some athletic talent but it seems like for every guy with star potential there's 3 who don't have a shred of it. They might be too anti-Vince in terms of caring about guys with unique looks and physiques and people who can fill the screen. I had to skip the tag team royal rumble thing since most of those teams are an instant no for me. MJF would look nice replacing Miz in WWE (SUCK IT). I liked their women's title match and also the one on the pre show. Also why put over TNA and make them relevant? They actually made me watch a TNA match for the first time, the one with Omega, Rich Swann and the Good Brothers.

Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:22 pm
The Kramer

The tag team royale was 50% jobber, but Jungle Boy has 150% starpower to make up for it. :shades:

I’m still embarrassed by that final explosion though. :oops:

Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:55 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
The tag team royale was 50% jobber, but Jungle Boy has 150% starpower to make up for it. :shades:

I’m still embarrassed by that final explosion though. :oops:

Maybe this will make it better. :mer:

JR reacting like this would have made it truly better though:

Spoiler: show

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

:funny: Eddie would have given Mox the raft too.

Well at least they were willing to make fun of themselves on Dynamite. Step one in the process to healing.

Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:23 pm
The Kramer

I’m pretty meh on MJF’s new faction. I don’t wanna compare it to the botched explosion, but it felt like another case of AEW doing too much for the sake of it. We have the twist of MJF trying to takeover the Inner Circle, a second twist of Sammy catching him red-handed, a third twist of Jericho/Santana/Ortiz/Hagar being in on it all along and then yet another twist with MJF revealing that he aligned with FTR, Spears and Tully. Just too much.

To fantasy book an easier solution; they had already set up Matt Hardy’s expanded crew earlier in the night, showing that he would do anything to make back those buckos he lost to Hangman. Why not have MJF hire them as his back-up plan? That’s an Ocean’s 11 style twist right there, but they opted for an Ocean’s 12 instead.

Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:36 pm
New Server, Same X

Yeah it was kind of a cool moment, but once you think about it, it was planned pretty poorly. Plus I was wondering where Wardlow was during the war council or whatever it was.

I also don't think MJF should be a part of a group. I always assumed the Inner Circle thing was short term and they'd turn on him, but having him just trade it for another group doesn't do him a lot of favours. I think he'd be best on his own with Wardlow.

It also shines a light on the fact that AEW might be going too far in the wrong direction by having too many factions.

Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:56 pm
New Server, Same X

"69 me, Don!" pretty much made up for any negatives for Dynamite though.

Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:56 pm
New Server, Same X

Shack wrote:
I watched Revolution, AEW has some athletic talent but it seems like for every guy with star potential there's 3 who don't have a shred of it. They might be too anti-Vince in terms of caring about guys with unique looks and physiques and people who can fill the screen. I had to skip the tag team royal rumble thing since most of those teams are an instant no for me. MJF would look nice replacing Miz in WWE (SUCK IT). I liked their women's title match and also the one on the pre show. Also why put over TNA and make them relevant? They actually made me watch a TNA match for the first time, the one with Omega, Rich Swann and the Good Brothers.

I agree with Shack for once. There's a lot to like about AEW, but there are a lot of people I don't care about at all. At least most of WWE, I have an idea of who everyone is and their whole gimmick. But there's more than a fair share of talent in AEW that I still know nothing about.

Aside from Brodie Lee and Colt Cabana, I have no idea what The Dark Order's deal is, who anyone is individually or why I should care beyond them being managed by Brodie before his passing. They seemed to be a sinister crew at first, but now they're kind of goofy. I guess to make them faces after Brodie's passing?

Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:59 pm
Devil's Advocate

Actually, since the Shield, the Wyatts and Big E all left NXT before it hit the Network, I’d argue KO, the Profits and maybe Balor are the only ones who lived up to (or exceeded) expectations for the men. Oh and Drew but he was only in NxT for like 15 minutes.

He still counts obviously, it's not like he was the mythical NXT Reigns or anything. IIRC Owens wasn't around super long either.

Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:25 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The bi-monthly (quickly approaching monthly) Jim Cornette hot mess event is available:

Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

The dude said Becky Lynch, instead of starting a family, should instead be all consumed with wrestling for the rest of her life like he is. I admire his passion for it, but it's more of an obsession.

Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:12 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well... at least tonight's Raw is more "interesting" than last week.

So far,

The Hurt Business drop the titles to the New Day. ....?
Bad Bunny takes a stiff guitar shot. Shouldn't it had exploded like all WWE guitars like to do?
Shane goes Kids' Choice Awards on Strowman. What was that goop supposed to be, exactly?

Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

And fuck, I didn't know Asuka got a tooth kicked out by Shayna last month. I knew she was away for an injury, but never looked into it. Glad she's back.

This would be the PERFECT opportunity to start a feud between them, but that's not going to happen... I'd be fine with them giving the title to Charlotte to make it happen. At least we're getting the one-one-one tonight (if Nia or Charlotte don't interfere).

EDIT: Well... not much of a match, but tonight certainly showed that the two could have an amazing rivalry.

Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Charlotte is off filming a new Walking Tall movie. Was probably meant to be part of angle with Lacey where she’d come back for revenge right before Mania. Now I dunno what happens... They seem to be setting up a fourway.

Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:00 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Andrade is leaving WWE. He had some good matches, especially in NXT, but another waste of talent, really. But I'm sure he'll thrive elsewhere.

WWE shouldn't be struggling at this point to book talent with little English skills. Just let them do their thing in the ring. Or don't bother signing them in the first place if you don't know what to do with them.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:58 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I'm about where Lashley is going to win, I have no idea what the status of Brock is but it will be a missed opportunity if they give Lashley this big push and Brock is MIA contract wise (?), they always seemed to avoid each other despite hinting it was Lashley's dream match. Babyface Brock vs mega built up Lashley would have looked good for WM alongside Reigns vs Edge as the other main event. My original prediction was Goldberg vs Lashley to get Goldberg a win vs a midcarder, so lol if the backup plan is Vince pushes Lashley to a only Lesnar/Goldberg/Undertaker can beat him level and then makes Goldberg squash him for the WWE title.

I feel like Charlotte would've benefitted from a mega heel Queen run during the pandemic since like Orton and Reigns it would allow them to control the crowd, it seems like half the crowd either cheers for her or boos her no matter what. Pretty unfortunate that she got injured and then they stuck her with Lacey Evans thing which will join the list of bizarre aborted storylines in history. They need to get the title off Asuka so the Raw women's picture is a mess. Push Shayna.

Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:28 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Charlotte is off filming a new Walking Tall movie. Was probably meant to be part of angle with Lacey where she’d come back for revenge right before Mania. Now I dunno what happens... They seem to be setting up a fourway.

Charlotte revealed that she has COVID earlier today, too. Wish her the best.

Rhea is debuting ahead of Mania, so I'm assuming she'll be added to the card.

Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Mister Ecks wrote:
I feel bad for Braun. He held the Universal title for almost half a year and that's long forgotten about. He really is basically the new Big Show.

I feel like he is too goofy to be a good heel or at least has been since they made him the get these hands flirting with Alexa guy, he has flopped every time they've tried to turn him. I remember when they turned him heel for like 3 months and made him team up with Ziggler and McIntyre as some Dogs of War faction or something and it was forgettable and went nowhere. His "heel turn" after the Fiend looks like a flop. But booking him as a giant babyface is limited as he either has to squash or casually attempt murder on small guys like Zayn, or go through the few big midcard heels like Lashley, Corbin, etc. (Sheamus surely has next) Realistically he probably has as many holes in his game pound for pound as guys like Elias and Ryback it just pays to be a giant instead of just big.

Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:10 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Headliner this year? Figured he'd be a few years off from now, but deserving of course either way.

I wonder who will induct him. I'd say Taker, but also think they could go for Daniel Bryan perhaps?

Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:30 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Shack wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:

I feel like he is too goofy to be a good heel or at least has been since they made him the get these hands flirting with Alexa guy, he has flopped every time they've tried to turn him. I remember when they turned him heel for like 3 months and made him team up with Ziggler and McIntyre as some Dogs of War faction or something and it was forgettable and went nowhere. His "heel turn" after the Fiend looks like a flop. But booking him as a giant babyface is limited as he either has to squash or casually attempt murder on small guys like Zayn, or go through the few big midcard heels like Lashley, Corbin, etc. (Sheamus surely has next) Realistically he probably has as many holes in his game pound for pound as guys like Elias and Ryback it just pays to be a giant instead of just big.

I feel like there was a time when he was at his peak of popularity and potential and they didn't pull the trigger. Probably around his triple threat match when Brock was champion. Once they made him look weak through continuous losses, it was game over. And you're right, there is something goofy about him when he's heel, or even face if he's supposed to be face during this current unfortunate storyline.

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:37 pm
New Server, Same X

Speaking of... what the hell are they doing with Shane? Why is his motive to humiliate Braun by calling him stupid? What's the storyline reasoning behind all this? If Braun was playing an Otis type character, I could see they're trying to get him over. But there's zero reasoning behind this one. It's another failed attempt to make Shane relevant and give him a big match. He can be effective if used right, but this run is just bad.

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 236  Next