Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
I was just about to say that. And excellent segment on AEW tonight. Definitely one of the better ones in their three years, IMO. Makes up for whatever this backstage drama is with Sammy and Andrade.

And Mister Ecks, I'll eventually get back into the routine of watching WWE. I just filled that time with other things months back, and it's not easy to get back into it. :lol:

(Also... when did MJF get hot? Won't go into details but he looked great tonight.)

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Errr... and not only do Jericho and Sammy win, but Sammy gets the pin...

The audience was already super against him (clearly aware of the drama, which many have viewed as unfair that he still got to main event tonight), and then he gets the pin and the JAS hold him up afterward?

We don't know all the details, but it's a really, really bad look for Tony.

Good show though.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Tony has as much control over his locker room as King Viserys has over his family.

Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:16 pm
Top Poster

My guess is the tmz leak was from Andrade’s side providing inaccurate information, and Sammy must’ve handled himself acceptably in front of witnesses (Jericho?) against the aggressor (just like when Kingston got suspended and Sammy wasn’t). They stopped promoting the main event for the rest of the night which suggest they were considering changing the match if need, so I think Khan must’ve done enough investigation to conclude that Sammy was not in the wrong.

Danielson did seem to slap Sammy extra hard tonight as a way to show Sammy was not afraid of stiff wrestling.

Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

So they made Moxley beat Punk so Punk could beat him at All Out, so MJF could beat Punk for the title, and then when that fell apart made Moxley win again so MJF could beat him? Could have just made a triple threat between Moxley, Punk and MJF at All Out with MJF winning and called it a day.

This was hilarious:

Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:05 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Make this Bray's new theme, please.

Or this acapella White Rabbit that has a killer transition into his "Let Me In" theme (01:54) that is sick.

Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Moxley needs to wrestle safer, you can't have someone so dangerous as the champ. First CM punk gets injured against him at the ppv, and who knows if the whole locker room incident would've happened if Punk didn't get injured (and likely head /brain damage) against Moxley. Now Hangman gets concussion from his improper clothesline and could've landed worse.

Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:29 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I have a bunch of thoughts to get out maybe this weekend, but I have an unfortunate confession: I'm losing my love for AEW. I still enjoy myself when I watch, but I feel less compelled to watch every week. I have Rampage and Dynamite ready to watch but if I got spoiled on every aspect of both shows, I'd be fine.

I hate to give credence to all the AEW naysayers but a lot of valid points are made. After seeing what happened to Miro, Malakai Black, Ruby Soho and a bunch more, I'm really glad Bray Wyatt and Johnny Gargano didn't end up there. Even guys like LA Knight and Pete Dunne, who felt really lost four months ago, are looking better.

Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:06 pm
New Server, Same X

Also I had a really conflicted response to the news that Chris Jericho is getting a bigger role backstage. I'm not sure anyone today matches him for just incredible career longevity especially constantly re-inventing himself and not relying on old gimmicks (at least not long-term). I'm not sure what he brings to the table creatively.

I'm getting WCW late 90s vibes from that news. Guys getting bigger backstage roles that shouldn't have them.

Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:10 pm
The Kramer

I still enjoy watching Dynamite, you always get killer matches, but I get what you're saying. Too much backstage drama, too much ring of honor, too many top guys suspended or injured. The Gripebomb still looms over everything.

There are more interesting things happening in WWE. You just have to be able to watch seven hours of programming and put up with Saudi Arabia nonsense. :hahaha:

Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:16 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Here's hoping Stephanie and/or Nick Khan won't renew whatever deal the company has with Saudi Arabia when the time comes. I mean, I suspect they won't because $$$ (...), but surely it's more likely now even if that's a slim chance.

AEW has largely become a show with great matches, but very little in terms of storytelling. It's kind of refreshing to just turn it on and not being expected to really know what's going on outside of a couple cases, but it also makes some of the matches less impactful.

I'd give them some time to sort things out. They had a very rough second half of 2022 with tons of injuries and non-stop drama. If their goal is to just book banger matches every show for the time being, that's fine as it is the core of pro wrestling, after all. If they still haven't recovered early next year though, it may be an issue they're not really situated in fixing / developing.

Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Totally agree 100% about AEW. Every time I watch Dynamite and Rampage (Rampage gets shit from wrestling Twitter, but it's more or less a fun bonus show to me every week), I have fun. But I think Road Dogg said their shows aren't fluid and it's true.

I'm nowhere near as frustrated in AEW as I was in WWE before Vince left. AEW feels like they could take the rest of the year and have a strong 2023. WWE literally had to have Vince step down from all the sexual allegations for it to get better. I don't think Tony Khan is that bad for AEW yet (not sexual allegations, but a lot of the issues they have are likely caused and nurtured by Tony).

2021 into 2022 was AEW's time to sign all the disgruntled and released WWE people. That came to a head with CM Punk in September. They need to stop going after names to debut in the company, possibly let some people go that aren't being used, and focus on who's left, especially "homegrown" talent like MJF, The Acclaimed, Britt Baker, etc.

Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:19 pm
New Server, Same X

My biggest issues with AEW:

-ROH. I understand they're trying to keep ROH going, but it feels like a few people have titles for the sake of having titles. AEW has way too many titles now as it is. They maybe could get away with the Trios Championship. But the All-Atlantic title really doesn't mean a lot, except so far giving two guys (Pac and Orange Cassidy) long-overdue title runs.

And now we have extended AEW storylines revolving around ROH titles. Daniel Garcia is the Pure champion. The Ocho Chris Jericho. Samoa Joe as the TV champion. Just not into this many titles on the go.

-Speaking of titles, I was initially into the Interim Champion thing but now that we've had Punk injured twice as champion and Thunder Rosa is out, I feel like vacating the titles for longer injuries is the right move. Interim muddies the water. Is Toni Storm a legit Women's champion?

-Speaking of Rosa and Toni, I'm also not into the backstage drama. If it's staged to build interest, I don't care. If it's legit, and there's no reason to think it's not given that Eddie Kingston, Andrade, Omega and The Bucks all virtually vanished after their backstage drama, that's on how AEW is run, which is going to sink the company sadly.

-And of course, the treatment of a lot of big signings is bad so far. Miro, Malakai Black, Ruby Soho, Athena. I could go on to varying levels of disappointment. It really does feel like AEW and TK want the big interest around signing big names, but then they have no idea what to do with them. I think the only names that had legit strong runs since debuting are CM Punk, Adam Cole, Toni Storm. Time will tell if Swerve Strickland gets a good run.

That said, I hope they steer clear of bringing in any more notable names. Their best performers are "homegrown". MJF, Darby Allin, Britt Baker, Jamie Hayter, Jungle Boy, Jade Cargill.

Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:12 pm
New Server, Same X

I don't know what to make of all this CM Punk shit. Part of me wants to think most of it is BS, peddled by the AEW guys so that no one wants to hire him. Part of me also thinks CM Punk has represented who he is for most of his career and this... is no surprise.

If it's all true, I hope he finds some sort of help for whatever he's dealing with that makes him such a negative force.

Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:26 pm
The Kramer

Punk obviously went crazy that night and it was effectively the same as him saying "I quit." But yeah, the whole story has turned from "the bucks kicked down his door, escalated the situation, Punk and Steele starting throwing fists, a dog may or may not have been injured, and Kenny Omega got bit by a human." To "the young bucks calmly walked in, offered cm punk some cake, then out of nowhere for no reason at all, Punk and Steele started attacking everyone while Kenny Omega calmly pet the dog until he got bit by a human." These guys play the dirt sheets like fiddles and that was part of what caused the problem in the first place. But, since the dirt sheets play the internet like fiddles, I'd say the most likely outcome is the elite coming back like nothing ever happened, and Punk staying on the shelf till he gets inducted into the wwe Hall of Fame and takes a million dollars to do a match for the Saudis.

I've actually watched the last Raw and Smackdown on hulu, and still haven't got around to Dynamite this week. Though I'd still like to see the Mox v Penta match obviously, it doesn't have the same must-see appeal right now.

Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:21 pm
New Server, Same X

I think it's interesting that everyone is speculating CM Punk will go back to WWE. Does he want to? Unless his feelings towards Triple H and Stephanie McMahon weren't as hostile as we all thought, I don't see him desiring a WWE return.

But I will say, if it ever did happen, I think the only one to work with him is Triple H. Tony Khan seemed to only feed into Punk's ego which played a huge part in this undoing. Triple H, I imagine, would work with Punk to have a good business relationship, but he's not going to feed his ego.

Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:31 am
100% That Bitch

So Jeff Jared is back on Our tv in AEW? LULZ Why are they circling the drain so fast?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:50 pm
New Server, Same X

I like Jeff Jarrett and I think he can make for a good heel, but yeah... it does seem like a "WWE let him go so we had to hire him" thing.

It felt really petty and unnecessary to have Colt Cabana wrestle Chris Jericho. Like... I get it, but it felt like a dig concocted by Jericho and approved by Tony Khan. And probably the last we'll see of Colt in AEW.

Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:50 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Give them a singles feud and PPV match, please.

Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Braun Strowman learned nothing from being fired by WWE. He targetted "flippy floppy" wrestlers in a series of tweets touting his match with Omos at Crown Jewel.

Like... I get what his intention was, that no one praises big guys like that for their matches. But why target others?

Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:55 pm
New Server, Same X

How have I been watching AEW for over two years and just found out Jungle Boy is Luke Perry's son? I genuinely had no clue.

Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:05 pm
New Server, Same X

I know people are shitting on the build for Full Gear, but they did have an awful post-All Out with the Punk/Elite fight.

-I'm not sure if Moxley is the perfect fit for MJF. It's clear it was meant to be Punk and Punk would have been excellent in promos against MJF.

-It's our second PPV with an Interim Women's Champion. I feel like that's enough to strip Thunder Rosa of her title. If she came back now and beat Toni Storm to become undisputed champion, do they recognize Rosa and Storm as co-champions for that entire time? Cause that kind of lessens both reigns.

-Glad we're getting just two tag teams in the title match, although it probably should be FTR challenging for the titles. I guess they want to keep them on The Acclaimed a little longer, which is good for them. They're still super over.

-I will be happy when/if we ever get the end of The JAS vs. Blackpool Combat Club.

-I'm not super excited yet for Saraya's in-ring return. They put her against a proper first opponent in Britt
but I'll need something more from Saraya because the return has been lacking so far.

-They had some cool Elite promos leading up to their return, but then they just kind of... announced them as returning against Death Triangle. Is that it, or will there be more to their return? If they just return without any kind of change, feels like they abandoned some sort of storyline they were building about being erased from AEW.

Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:06 pm
New Server, Same X

I love The Elite in troll mode. And they were in full troll mode in Chicago.

On the flip side of that, Chris Jericho coming out to the crowd singing his song and largely cheering him, then he flips them all off like he got anywhere close to the Elite's crowd reaction was hilarious. I do love Jericho but his part in the CM Punk drama has big "... and stay out!" energy. He's a mark for himself, and a mark for anyone who's also a mark for him. He has carte blanche in AEW, whereas in WWE he would just do what they want. Nothing wrong with that, he's where he should be to have a thriving career in his 50s.

Also I'm not sure I buy into the idea that CM Punk will return to AEW when he's healed up. Maybe I'll eat my words, but The Elite trolling everyone felt less like "let's turn this into something for later" and more "let's have some fun with this completely ridiculous story in Chicago". Unless THE ENTIRE narrative about CM Punk is a work, I don't see how you bring him back now. And we've seen way too much backstage drama that was obviously legit (Kingston and Guevara, which has resulted in a greatly reduced presence from Kingston; the Andrade stuff, which has kept him off TV ever since) to think this is all a work.

Just my thoughts though.

Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:23 pm
The Kramer

Good ppvs from WWE and AEW over this past weekish. I still have some thoughts and concerns regarding both but it's nice to have both companies doing well at the same time.

Early Royal Rumble predictions:

Mens: Sami Zayn (who will relinquish his title opportunity to The Rock)
Womens: Rhea Ripley (Becky v Rhonda seems set for Mania but they don't need the Rumble for that. Rhea does need it if she's gonna be seen as a legit contender to Bianca BelCena.)

Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:37 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm curious where we're going with The Bloodline. Obviously a turn is coming in the new year, but who turns on who? If the Bloodline turns on Sami, it weakens him IMO. But Sami turning on The Bloodline has to have a big payoff, but what would the payoff be?

Are we definitely getting The Rock vs. Roman? I really, really hope not, only because it means Roman keeps both titles up to and through Wrestlemania. The huge, glaring negative to Triple H's run at creative is not being able to have second world champion and second tag team champions with The Bloodline hijacking both.

Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227 ... 235  Next