Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)

Maybe that's what upset Andrade last night.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Cody teasing the pedigree but doing a tiger driver instead was funny. He's obviously more self aware, but still needs to put himself over his monster of the month.

Pac v Andrade was match of the week. Very solid. Not sure why Black is all of a sudden hanging with Andrade but maybe they want a tag team match at FG to get everyone on the card?

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:56 pm
100% That Bitch

Mandy Rose is NXT WOMENS CHAMPION.... HELL YESSSS

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:16 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's a shame she was never able to find a place on the WWE roster. She was never really the best at anything (mic, audience reactions, in-ring ability, etc.), but was at least decent at everything. I will say though that her NXT matches so far have probably been better than any I can remember while on the main roster.

And yeah, a little annoyed that Cody beat Black. Cody seems to be a heel right now to me. The audience lately have been pretty overwhelming against him. Saw a video of him talking to the audience after his win and after AEW went off, and basically the entire crowd (probably 80-90% strong) is booing him.

Black is very over, so hopefully they don't miss out on his current status. I'm going to assume he'll get the better of Cody and then move into the title hunt soon after, but I don't know. Cody does seem to have a bit of a legit ego problem that could become a distraction/obstacle that AEW doesn't need. Might want to start reeling him in a little.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

ROH announced that they're releasing their entire roster from their contracts and will pay them through the remainder of 2021. And, if they want, they can begin wrestling elsewhere starting today regardless of any contract clause that would prevent them. The last ROH event currently planned if their PPV in December.

They're hoping to come back in April for live events following their restructure and change in business operation hiatus.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The ending to Dynamite = :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Whole show was great, but I just loved seeing The Elite finally get some comeuppance, especially after abusing their proton packs! :hahaha:

Sucks about ROH, and right after NXT declared they were done signing indie people. I'm sure they will find homes, but AEW is so stacked right now that it'll be tough doing anything other than racking up wins on Dark. Impact and New Japan will likely scoop up the majority of them.

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:07 pm
New Server, Same X

I didn't comment yet but last week's title exchange on Smackdown was embarrassing to watch. If it was a work, it disparaged both titles by having two of the biggest names ever in wrestling just throw the belts around like they meant nothing. It didn't build towards a possible Survivor Series match, it just looked bad.

If it was a shoot, even worse. These are grown adults acting like children. Charlotte obviously hates WWE now and wants out. Considering they threw away a potentially incredible Mania main-event between Becky and Ronda in favour of injecting Charlotte for no reason, and after Charlotte already faced Ronda, I wouldn't be so hasty to want to leave.

The true loser in all this will be AEW. The last thing they need is Charlotte's ego in AEW.

Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:28 pm
New Server, Same X

Been catching up on all the shows. Still haven't watched Friday's Rampage, but some thoughts:

-NXT Halloween Havoc was good. Toxic Attraction is a killer stable. Gigi Dolan looks fantastic. Mandy Rose hasn't been this good ever. Can't wait until WWE moves them to the main roster and kills them.

-Glad Bron Breakker didn't win the title immediately. I'm sure he'll get it at the next NXT PPV. Also I like how they named him Bron and not Braun. Hate to evoke thoughts of another Braun. Typical Vince can't have two guys with the same name, especially when one was fired.

-Loving the Hangman/Omega build so far. Feels like a classic wrestling storyline I haven't seen in years.

-Loving lots of what AEW is giving us. I'm a tad disappointed that they can't have anyone on the roster work alone. Even had to pair up Malakai with Andrade. Not sure Malakai needed someone with him.

-Eric Bischoff called CM Punk's return a failure so far. I'm not sure it's a failure if it's exactly what they've planned. I'm fine with it. He and Danielson have had opposite debuts in AEW and both are working for me. It's giving a lot of new talent a platform by facing Punk. And they look good even if Punk wins. Now I don't want Punk to run through the whole roster without a loss. He should be able to put someone over soon without it being a negative to him.

Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:39 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm not really shocked that Jon Moxley is getting treatment for alcohol. The last few times I've seen him, he looks terrible and this kind of explains it. Really hope he gets the help he needs because he has so much more to give to the wrestling world.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:28 pm
The Kramer

It sucks cause he'd been on a nice role lately, teasing a heel turn by brutalizing other babyfaces. But his health is more important, and I'm all for Bryan v Cassidy as the Full Gear match.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:07 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Agreed, Mister Ecks. He has looked a bit rough in recent weeks, even a month+, really. Not just physically, but also sort of mentally checked out as well. Hope all goes well.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I'm kind of shocked he hasn't been heel yet. I know the crowd loves him, but unlike WWE at any given time, AEW isn't hard up for some solid babyfaces. He'll make a killer heel.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:43 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The segment with The Inner Circle and American Top Team tonight was pretty funny. But... I don't think Paige (or whoever may have written her script--though like the rest, felt natural) really thought about what she was saying beforehand. Almost all her lines were, uhm..."open", to all sorts of sexual jokes.

Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Lots of people getting fired in WWE today but I'll be happy to see Keith Lee on Dynamite!

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:18 pm
The Kramer

Mau is about to be devastated.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:20 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Fired list: Frankie Monet, Ember Moon, Jessi Kamea, Katrina Cortez, Jeet Rama, Oney Lorcan, Trey Baxter, Zayda Ramier, Scarlett, B-Fab, Gran Metalik, Lance Dorado, Karrion Kross, Harry Smith, Nia Jax, Eva Marie, Keith Lee, and Mia Yim.

Like...WTF. "Budget cuts", really? They earned over $250 million last quarter.

Wasn't Keith Lee just drafted or promoted or something with the new "Bearcat" nickname? And wowza at Karrion Kross. NXT Champ, followed by a horrible debut on Raw (loss), and then a crap run for a few months, and now gone. Nia Jax might be the most surprising of the batch though.

Still think Vince has begun the process of selling the company sometime in a few years. Relentless firing of talent for about 2 years now, selling WWE Network to Peacock, no longer hiring indie talent, etc.. He seems the type to not want his creation to continue on without his control.

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Lots of people getting fired in WWE today but I'll be happy to see Keith Lee on Dynamite!

Might be too much of a health liability for AEW to hire and likely why WWE released him, His post-Covid heart inflammation issue sounds like there is very serious risk of long-term damage, and I’m afraid it could mean life vs death if he exerts himself too much in the ring,

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Didn't even know Davey Boy Smith Jr. (Harry Smith) was signed until I read how he didn't even get to debut before being released today.

Alexa Bliss and Johnny Gargano were popping up as being released shortly before the list of firings came out earlier. Hopefully they stay off that list. What a waste if they're in the next batch.

And Kevin Owens contract is up in January. Highly doubtful he resigns (if offered).

Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

This is a fantastic time to be a supporter of WWE.

Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:16 am
The Kramer

Alex Y. wrote:
Flava'd vs The World wrote:

Might be too much of a health liability for AEW to hire and likely why WWE released him, His post-Covid heart inflammation issue sounds like there is very serious risk of long-term damage, and I’m afraid it could mean life vs death if he exerts himself too much in the ring,
That's a shame. Hope he takes some time off to heal, then hopefully pops up healthy again. We don't want a Randy the Ram situation.

Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:03 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

This list doesn't include producers and other backstage employees.

Also...Gerald Brisco? :lol:

Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:34 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Don't troll Dana Brooke on social media, guys. :funny:

Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

He must be a huge fan of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:09 pm
New Server, Same X

That's the best. Although if he's going to start punching trolls, he should start with WWE itself.

I really don't know what can be said that hasn't been said about these releases. I'm genuinely ashamed to watch WWE now. Their product sucks and unless you're Roman Reigns or Becky Lynch, who is genuinely safe there anymore? I would never have said guys like Bray Wyatt or Braun Strowman would get released.

But even this latest batch... I'm not taking into account the possibility of those who haven't been vaccinated (seems to be a rumor for some). Karrion Kross was legit a solid heel on NXT. It's insane to me that this happened in about four months (around when they had him lose to Jeff Hardy in 90 seconds). They just drafted Hit Row to Smackdown and already cut a member. I'm not an Eva Marie fan, but she has built-in heat. If she can't wrestle, why didn't she manage? They should have had her manage Doudrop/Piper Marie and kept them heel.

I will not praise Nia Jax for some of the reckless behavior. But... why get rid of her now?

Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:03 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Budget cuts. All of it is to manage that budget...

Nia Jax got a lot of hate, but I also wonder how much was really deserved. If she was booked to be a monster-type heel, but wasn't properly prepared in-ring to do so safely, is really her fault? Some, sure, but she was probably just needing more time training before being called up.

She appeared to be a genuinely nice person backstage, with several of the female talent sharing pictures of them together and such. She was even on that Diva show. Can't imagine someone who disliked others or was disliked themselves to have been on it. I'd be surprised if she had any intent of really hurting anyone (Charlotte aside in their last match).

Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209 ... 235  Next