Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
I did go! Amazing atmosphere, the crowd was red hot the entire time even though it was a Long Long Long show.

Having the Assclaimed come out to warm us up was a good idea. Scissor me ass daddy!

Hookhausen was crazy over and it was a fun match.

MJF got a bunch of "You Showed Up!" chants which quickly turned into "You Fucked Up." I dunno if the match was always gonna be a squash but it worked perfectly to make Wardlow look like a beast. And it was fun to break out the 10 chants once again.

I guess Jeff Hardy was ... less than 100%? I couldn't really tell though. Seemed like a typical Young Bucks match with lots of crazy action, near falls and big bumps. I think they did as well as anyone would expect.

Jade was really over too. It was cool to see the women in the audience (like 10%) get so excited during her entrance (Britt and Thunder Rosa had similiar reactions.) Was never a huge fan of Ember Moon in NXT but I think she will work out well here.

Death Triangle v House of Black was surprisingly my favorite match of the night. The arena was at first somewhat disappoint that Julia Hart was the one who turned off the lights (a short Bray Wyatt broke out for a second), but seeing how hot she looked with her House of Black makeup made up for it.

The only match I didn't love was Adam Cole v Samoa Joe. Just kinda dull and Cole winning was a burn out. I've been burnt out by Cole since his NXT championship run, and it seems like alot of the audience is finally starting to gear towards that side too.

The crowd was ready to boo the shit out of Ruby. Not me, I think it made sense having her in the spot, but yeah people were not happy about her beating Statlander on Friday. But then ... Rancid! We sang along and everyone loved her again haha. We were even bummed when Britt ended up winning the match.

I'll be honest, I kinda skipped the mixed trios match. Needed a break, and a new drink lol. They also had a really cool smoking balcony, and even though I quit cigs many years ago, there are certain things legal in Las Vegas that are not legal in Ohio and not one person gave a crap about us smoking two of those. :cool:

Back in the arena just in time to watch Darby almost kill himself ... again. But he's amazing to see live. O Reilly did his part too though the crowd was again a little burnt by him winning. A lot of heels went over and I think that had the potential to turn the crowd even more than the absurdly long card. Luckily, the match was strong enough to keep us all awake.

Then ... we get what I call really good pacing for the final stretch. During Wrestlemania 35, which was also amazing and one of my favorite nights ever ... but we were all so dead for most of the second half of the card. Kofi winning was such an amazing moment, but there was seriously like two hours in between that and Becky coming out.

That could have happened with the womens title match, but they totally killed any chance of this show losing all its momentum by having such a great match! And being so technical. it was different enough than the other matches and kinda felt like the refresh we all needed.

I had no idea what was going on in Anarchy in the Arena but it was awesome! Just looking around the arena constantly like 'hey who is that over there now!' Wild Thing looping all the way around for a second playthough might have been the biggest pop of the night. Everyone was on their feet the entire match, and none of us would have snitched on Eddie if he had completed his murder. For context, I was right behind where Santana/Ortiz did their ladder spot and saw them basically jump into a void lol.

AEW tag team title matches always deliver. It was still weird to not have FTR on the card, but I was totally happy seeing Jurassic Express retain. Woah oh oh oh oh ohh ohhh ohhhh.

Main event had such a big fight feel to it. Probably the most in AEWs history. Crowd was split right down the middle, loud as fuck for both Punk and Hangman ... Until the second buckshot botch that is... That was bad and possibly the loudest boos of the night. Watching back the broadcast, Excalibur saved it with his commentary but in the arena we all became Team Hangman for the rest of the match. So the finish didn't land as expect, but Punk did a promo for us after (that I don't think was on TV) and clowned on himself for the failed buckshots. That won the crowd back, then FTR coming out to celebrate helped too.

Overall, I think if I was at home watching I might have felt this was one of the mid-tier AEW ppvs. But that's just because shows like All Out 2021 and Full Gear 2020 were so damn that it set a near impossible standard. Being there live was amazing though and I can't recommend going to an AEW ppv enough. I've pointed out some issues with the card and results, but never once was it boring and they kept us on fire all night long. 100% worth every bit of moneys I paid for it.

Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:55 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I think that's the longest post I've ever seen from you! You clearly enjoyed yourself!

I'll have thoughts tomorrow (freeish day, thank god).

In other news though... CM Punk needs surgery and is relinquishing the title. So unfortunate. He was tearing up before he even took the mic to make the announcement. Makes me wonder if they'll go with MJF next (his situation seems to have gone into work territory now, very good promo/pipebomb on Dynamite), or perhaps Danielson.

Puts the Forbidden Door PPV in an interesting spot now, too. Tanahashi will probably still go up against whoever the AEW Champion is, but... that's a very short time period to crown a new AEW Champion.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

EDIT: Answered at the end of Rampage tonight.

Battle Royale to kick off Dynamite next week to determine who will go against Moxley (#1 contender) for the AEW Championship in the main event the same night! And the new champion will go up against Tanahashi at Forbidden Door.

I'd bet on whoever wins the Battle Royale to beat Moxley, but maybe they want to make Moxley the first 2-time AEW Champ.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Actually, I think the winner of the Moxley and Battle Royale winner on Dynamite this Wednesday will face Tanahashi (or someone else from NJPW, but it's assumed to still be Tanahashi) to determine the interim AEW Champion at Forbidden Door.

This was very confusing as commentary was trying to explain everything while still commentating the final couple minutes of the main event on Dynamite. Jericho, in particular, was saying the wrong stuff. Wrestling Twitter is still pretty confused.

Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:02 am
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Attended both Dynamite and Rampage this week. When buying tickets, it makes a big difference sitting on the side that faces hard cam, so the wrestlers’ back isn’t facing you during most promos and important match spots. Thus I preferred Rampage live over Dynamite (though Dark elevation was better than Dark)

During Dynamite, Punk tripped over the top rope when he was tagged in, and it looked like he aggregated it further when limping out to chase MJF away. Punk’s post-match promo was flat during Dynamite, but he was much more heartfelt on Rampage (and crowd didn’t try to talk over him). Couldn’t hear MJF half the time on Dynamite as the loud crowd was interrupting him throughout his promo.

Young Bucks-Lucha Brothers Rampage match was the clear standout match in SoCal, and the only one that had a big fight feel.. Theyare truly top wrestling attractions at the top of their prime.

Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:24 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

The crowd was certainly invested out there. Must have been wild live. Should schedule more shows on the west coast in the near future.

And yeah, Young Bucks v Lucha Bros. was excellent. They are pretty much all the time. They're typically strong when against other tag teams, too, but they really excel when against one another.

AEW shared this in response to the mass confusion last night:

Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:17 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I have a bunch of thoughts about the week, but where did the Punk injury happen? I was thinking it started with his guard rail dive (that's been a bad idea since he started it), and made it worse with the slip on the top rope. He looked concerned after the walking up the ramp post-dive. Probably shouldn't have wrestled at that point.

Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:31 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Seems Cody Rhodes is now injured (torn pectoral, allegedly) and will possibly need surgery. Sounds 50/50 if he'll compete tonight, but if he does, it'll probably have some new booking/finish to account for the time off he'll need.

His match is the ONLY HIAC match even at HIAC (...), too. If he needs surgery, he'll have to miss SummerSlam and possibly much of 2022.

And Bryan Danielson is rumored to be injurted too. :wacko:

So many top talent are currently injured (Reigns, Punk, Omega, Rhodes, Cole, Danielson, Big E, Shirai, more I can't think of?).

Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

If he's really injured then I hope he doesn't wrestle. I'm not sure what they'll do for the main event though since they already did Bianca/Becky/Asuka (which was an awesome match!) It would have to be someone huge that isn't on tv right now. MJF???

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:45 pm
The Kramer

Also my money is on Aleister Black as interim AEW champion.

Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:57 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm not watching (following it online). Cody's chest looks awful. Apparently, from what I read, if the muscle is torn from the bone already (...), there's not much else that can be damaged at that point. Even if it can't be damaged further though, I can't see how it's still safe to compete like that.

I wouldn't praise or respect him for still trying to do this match like that. It crosses that line into being irresponsible or just being stupid, IMO. I know it was super short notice (this morning, right?), but surely they could have figured something out for the main event.

Rollins ring attire is absolutely amazing, by the way.

EDIT: Now, when he comes back, he'll be more over than ever. He was already pretty likely to get the WWE title, but I can't imagine how it's not guaranteed now though. (But... this also means Reigns will very likely be champ until *at least* the Rumble, but more likely WrestleMania.)

Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Did wwe just turn that stupid House of Edge story into something really interesting live on the air? What a great swerve! Did Raw get new writers??

Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:15 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It was certainly a surprise. But I'd say getting Becky and Asuka involved in the 24/7 title thing rules out the new writers idea.

On one hand, I'm glad they did it because the faction was barely keeping its head above water, IMO. Largely uninteresting. This change-up will hopefully make it better. But on the other hand, it felt so sudden (it's only ~2 months old, right?), and turning Edge babyface so fast is odd.

But overall... I'll take it because taking a chance on something different will likely be better than the alternative. And they made Rhea the #1 contender tonight, so that's encouraging, too.

And I guess we're getting Theory and Cena at SummerSlam? I'm a Theory fan (his character is a little annoying, but he's great in the ring) and think he has potential to be a big name, but it seems too soon for Cena to put him over.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:48 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Oh... and they've basically scrapped the women's tag team division since Sasha and Naomi left, didn't they? No word of that tournament they announced. And none of women seem to be partners any longer.

I'd be in support of a reboot of it, but having it completely fall apart like this shows how little care went into it and I have no trust in them giving it a shot again.

Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

WWE thoughts:

-Cody Rhodes is a HUGE loss for WWE. And they didn't have Rhodes three months ago (at least not on camera yet). What does that say? WWE has put their eggs in one basket and now the chickens are coming home to roost. I'm mixing two sayings, but they are kind of connected so I hope it works. It's an awful time to be a WWE fan and now they've lost the one guy they've bet their top babyface role on. What happens now?

-If anyone wants a really good, solid reason why I can't get behind anything WWE is doing lately, it's kicking Edge out of Judgment Day. No one can convince me that was ever the long-term idea. I hated the group, it never clicked, but I felt good knowing Rhea and Damien might have a decent spot on the show since Edge was involved. Now that you trade Finn for Edge, the group is dead in the water. If he's going to be the babyface in Cody's absence, he's going to come for revenge with the group and if he's getting pushed upward, he's going over Judgment Day. It doesn't make sense if he doesn't go after them now.

-It looks like we're getting the third consecutive PPV with no Roman Reigns title defense. I take back everything I said about Brock Lesnar, at least he did defend the title once in a while. And he only hijacked one title. This is just very, very odd to have one guy hold both your world titles and not defend them since Wrestlemania.

Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:57 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Isn't Reigns injured?

Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I can't even criticize the decision to keep the titles on him if he's injured since AEW is doing the same with Punk. But this is really shining a light on how it was a bad decision to give him both titles. There was really no need. We have both titles on an injured champion, the top babyface is out almost a year and there's no one really built up enough to be a contender. I assume we're getting Roman and Drew at Summerslam (though I'm sure if they can crowbar in Brock again, they will).

Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:42 pm
The Kramer

I liked the idea of uniting the top titles, but yeah Roman has barely even had a presence. Weird that they are doing the Riddle match next week on Smackdown instead of at Money in the Bank. Punishment to Vegas for not selling enough tickets to fill Allegiant?

Drew has already made the challenge for Clash at the Castle. I'd assume that Summerslam would be Randy Orton, but he might not be ready by then. So do they go Lashley? There's no one else lol.

If Reigns doesn't defend at Summerslam, would Finn v Edge be the main event? Or do they save that for Mania season? This is Finn's chance to be the star of the show. I also think there's a decent chance that Rhea will topple Bianca just to give some heat to the story.

Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:55 pm
The Kramer

Jay White beat Okada for the NJ title. :whaa:

I hope Okada still competes at Forbidden Door, but why the title switch if he was going to be there?

...Unless the two companies are planning to swap their world titles for a few months?

So we have:

Mox v Tanahashi
Hangman v Jay White

As the main events.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:25 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

If titles are exchanged or swapped, and I sort of feel they have to do at least one of them to make this PPV something special/meaningful, lacking in luster, I presume that person will compete in the other promotion for awhile? E.g. If Tanahashi wins, he'd be on AEW. And if Hangman wins, he'd be on NJPW. Imagining them bring either title back to their own promotion, while certainly intriguing, would be a bit bizarre. It's not an AEW/ROH thing.

Danielson (who I thought was injured, but maybe he's good now) seems poised for a match with Zack Saber Jr. That'd be a really good match, so hopefully it's true.

And it's been cool to see Will Ospreay on AEW this week. Should have made him the joker in the Battle Royale though!

And yeah, Okada possibly missing this PPV would be weird. If it's something personal, not wanting to travel, etc., that's unfortunate but understandable. But if it's just due to lack of having a spot for him... that's just stupid.

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

No shocker, really. In fact, I'd really be shocked if this is as little as he's (allegedly) done.

Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The affair would be no big deal but the whole "passing her like a toy to Johnny Ace" part is going to be hard to explain.

Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:21 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Laurinaitis will probably take the fall. Wonder if Michael Cole will call out how unprofessional he was in the future.

If the Jurassic Express/Young Bucks ladder match delivers tonight (have to imagine it will), this has been one of the best episodes of Dynamite in a while. Not that they haven't been good in recent weeks, but every match and segment has delivered tonight.

Wasn't a fan of Jericho and company getting involved in the Mox/Tanahashi face-off, but minor complaint.

Forbidden Door has potential to be an all time great PPV. Ospreay/Cassidy should be great. Not sure what they're doing with Jay White (tonight seemed to rule out a one-on-one with Hangman, I think?) though. Kinda wish this had been decided before the go-home Dynamite (presumably) next week.

Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Wait... Did Vince really just step down this morning? I'm seeing it reported that he has and Stephanie will be taking over as interim CEO and Chairwoman.

This sounds like a work, but given the mess he's in, it can't be.

EDIT: It's true. At least, Vince is stepping away while he's under investigation.

Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221 ... 235  Next