Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Surprised Cody dropped the TNT title already.

I was seeing some rumors circulating about some contract dispute this past week. Don't want to speculate too much, but I wonder if this decision *might* suggest a contract dispute.

Like... why end Sammy's original run (which was, what, ~2 months?) only to drop the title back to him a month or two later?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Cody entering the royal rumble as a free agent would explode the internet. Vince will never let it happen though.

Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:53 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

25/30 men have been declared for the Rumble... 14 are apart of a tag team (almost 16 if AJ and Omos didn't split). And only 2 or 3 (AJ, Big E, and Owens) could be considered potential winners among them all.

I think I saw Bad Bunny officially declared though, but he isn't on the poster, so it may be 26/30. (Sorry if that's a spoiler! I swear it was announced though!) One or two NXT call-ups (Ciampa, Gargano?) and one or two legends to make it 27-29/30?

That probably leaves one MAYBE two big names, be it a returnee (although I can't think of any big names besides Mcintyre) or someone on the current roster like Finn Balor (if you consider him a big name these days... ugh Vince and his big sweaty man fetish).

There's gotta be someone else big, right? I can't see ANY of the these guys winning besides a very, very big maybe in AJ or Mcintyre (if he returns, unsure of his injury status). Cody being here, and there's sort of an opening for him..., would be pretty nuts.

PREDICTION: At least one of the title matches goes on before the Men's Rumble and the loser of that match (Lesnar/Reigns/Lashely/Rollins) will also be in the rumble and win.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

The Cody thing is so strange to me. To me, he was the face of AEW before I got into it. I understand contract disputes, but he must remember how shitty his WWE run was. No way he could make any impact there, even for a one-off Rumble appearance. I can't imagine he would want to subject himself to that, unless it was just a one night major appearance. But then I can't see WWE doing that as it serves little long-term benefit to them.

Oh right, WWE doesn't think long-term. OK, maybe it'll happen!

Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:50 am
New Server, Same X

Also I can't figure out the full Jeff Hardy story, but it sounds like he was released with WWE thinking he was on drugs again and then they took six weeks to give him back his test results and he was clean? Is that what happened? It's hard to nail down what the full story is. Then apparently they wanted to sign him back and put him in the 2022 Hall of Fame (LOL).

If that's true, I apologize to Jeff because I know I shit on him bad when this happened a few months ago.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:52 am
The Kramer

Predictions:

Men's:

Will Win - Brock Lesnar
Who I'd pick - Big E, Kofi or Xavier
Ratings Popper - Cody Rhodes

Women's:

Will Win - Bianca Belair
Who I'd pick - Sasha (no particular reason, she's just the best)
Ratings Popper - Ronda Rhousey

And my other favorite surprise suggestion is that Cena comes out in full Peacemaker attire doing the entire "Do You Wanna Taste It?" dance.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:37 pm
New Server, Same X

I mean, it has to be Bianca again, right? I imagine they've dropped the ball with Liv and she'll be in AEW with Ruby within the next 12 months. Unless they have Charlotte win, have her challenge Becky and unify the titles maybe? Not sure if that's an option. If they unify the world titles, they should unify the women's titles as there are far less competitors in the division.

The men? I don't know. Feel like it depends entirely on the world titles. I genuinely don't even have a guess. Maybe Big E but I feel like they dropped the ball on him now too.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:49 pm
The Kramer

It really feels like the men's rumble winner doesn't matter at all this year. They should just go with somebody completely random to increase the suspense of future rumbles.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:08 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

We're likely getting Reigns/Lesnar at Mania, right? So the winner of the men's rumble doesn't get a title shot unless they're added to the match for a triple threat, which seems stupid if they're wanting to get back to the Reigns/Lesnar feud (but maybe they're not going to).

I'm just guessing that either Lesnar or Reigns drop their title in their match before the men's rumble, then enter the rumble and win it to challenge the other that retains in their title match.

Although, there is a good opportunity here to unify the titles. Lesnar and Reigns both win, as they *should*, then face-off at Mania to unify the mens' titles. And Charlotte wins the women's rumble and challenges Becky at Mania to unify the womens' titles. (WHY is Charlotte in it otherwise? Her title isn't on the line in the rumble, so?)

But the thing is... outside of these four, the entire roster just seems like they're stuck in the largest mid-card ever with failed push after failed push. They haven't moved on to anyone else, or just included anyone else, at the top in a really long time.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I don't see Roman losing it tonight. They've gone too far to have him drop it at the Rumble. And I don't see Lashley beating Brock, but I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Is there any chance Roman or Brock is number 30 tonight and wins the Rumble, then challenges the other at Mania with both titles on the line?

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:52 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Imagine if both rumble winners (Lesnar or Reigns and Charlotte) are current champions. Almost entirely eliminates the purpose of the rumble, but hey, WWE's really out there these days, so maybe!

I mean, they could still challenge for a title match at Mania, technically, but good grief. What a fucked up way to keep everyone else on the mid-card... Unless it's actually meant to unify the titles at Mania, it's like they REALLY went out of their way to ensure the same few remain on top.

"Let's just put the champs in the rumble this year so they can challenge themselves!" :funny:

The champions shouldn't even be in the rumble. I know we're talking about a scripted show/sport here where the rules are flexible (to say the least), of course, but c'mon.

But this is looking pretty likely to me, but I'm still rooting for a returning Bayley or Asuka (or hell, even Rhona!) in the women's rumble winning. Or maybe Alexa, but I think she's just stuck in creative promo limbo right now. I know you guys are expecting Bianca, but I'm doubting it since she won just last year, and given how she lost the title (very "get the title off her tonight! Becky is back early!"), I'm not expecting Vince and company to push it beyond her current status.

Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's hard to find the words to say so far tonight. If the men's rumble ends in the most predictable way possible, then I'll likely skip Mania.

It's just hard to watch all but a handful (or less) of the roster just being used to fill slots on a card and nothing else. They're not even being used around the very forgettable IC and US titles.

Has there ever been such a massive void between the top few names (+ part-timers, which is being generous to call them as such) and literally everyone/evrything else on the roster?

Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:05 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I don't even. Was this the worst rumble ever? For real, not exaggerating like a fanboy. It's at least Top 3 worst (the men's rumble at least). Even Kofi's streak ended! (Result of a botch, but still!)

Miz/Maryse vs Edge/Beth was the best match. Good for them, but sheesh. (Rollins doing the SHIELD entrance was also great, but when an entrance is a highlight of the rumble, something is very wrong.)

Melina returning after like 12 years as #2 in the rumble, only to be eliminated in like 30 seconds? What? Couldn't wait until #3 came out or AT LEAST give her a minute with Sasha? And Sasha only lasted like 9 minutes herself after having that big return Friday...

Also, Shane (because of course) was the only surprise in the men's rumble (unless you count McIntyre returning). The men's rumble was totally awful. There was that one like 4-5 years ago that sucked, but this one seemed worse due to the winner.

EDIT: And Vince truly, utterly, hated NXT didn't he? He didn't even let Balor in the rumble despite being called up years ago.

Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:04 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Worst ever? Maybe. The Roman and Batista ones from a few years ago were pretty bad, but at least the crowd reactions were fun. This crowd was so dead. And really, nobody can blame them. Even if they wanted to get excited for all these guys who never stood a chance, it was impossible to pop because they changed everyone's damn music!! And yeah, if Brock had retained his title and won to set up a unification match then at least it would have been different. But Roman costing him the title first is just the same old generic ass wwe story to build a match we have seen twenty times already. OK, I'll give it the Worst Ever award. I'll be tuning back out until Mania.

Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:54 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Nothing's really happening, so there's no investment to be had, therefore no reason to follow.

You can basically tune in to any episode or PPV and be good to go. The same handful of names have been on top for years, everyone else is on the vast mid-card until one of the handful of chosen one's have to take time off for an injury, a baby, etc., and then they're put right back on the mid-card the same week/month. And you can expect to see the part-timers return just before a major PPV or Saudi event.

And the rumble this year encapsulated all this. The men's rumble didn't even had a single person likely to win since 26 were on the mid-card, 2 were celebs, 1 was Shane, and finally Lesnar, literally the only person on the roster who could have won besides Roman.

The women's was barely better. At least it had 2 possible winners (Charlotte, Bianca) instead of 1, but they opted for Ronda in the end since there's only 2-3 top names on the women's roster. Assuming Becky v Bianca at Mania, they didn't have anyone else on the roster to challenge Charlotte besides the returning Ronda. Sasha was eliminated in 9 minutes (barely longer than half the entrants, and out before entry 10 even came out), so she seems to be mid now too.

Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Apparently WWE has "let go" of Shane McMahon.

Saves the Mania card from having a likely Austin Theory vs Shane McMahon match, I guess. (Hope Austin is involved in some other way though.)

Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

The post-Rumble news and rumors have been interestingto follow.

-Shane McMahon has been released by WWE. Allegedly, he became uncooperative during the Rumble, fighting with producers on the booking during the match itself, and created a hostile environment.

Rumors were circulating that he was going to be in the Elimination Chamber in Saudi in a couple weeks, win it (remember he won that "greatest of all time" title there?), and then challenge Lashley at Mania... (Thank God this has zero chance of happening now.)

-Multiple reports of last-minute changes lowering talent morale during both rumbles, but primarily the men's. (If true, having Brock enter and win, while predictable beforehand anyway, may have been last-minute too.)

-Officials concerned the backstage chaos left a bad impression on Bad Bunny and Knoxville.

-Nia Jax revealed to Renee that she offered to take a pay cut when WWE came to her about her release due to budget cuts, but was declined. And after being released, they later approached her with a one-off offer to appear in the Rumble, to which she replied to the official, "absolutely fucking not."

Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I saw a leak that Riddle was originally scheduled to win, but then another leak countered that by saying Lesnar was the plan all along.

It's not hard to see why morale is low. Are there more than fifteen people who are guaranteed to still have their jobs by next year's Rumble? I think everyone who had their music changed is gone within a year.

Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:34 pm
The Kramer

For years, people have fantasy booked Shane v HHH at Mania for "the keys to the kingdom."

In reality, Nick Khan came in and Successioned them both out.

Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:37 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Welp, so much for Brian Kendrick's AEW career! Advertised to debut and put with Moxley tonight just a couple days ago, and now he's gone before even debuting. (Past Holocaust comments.)

He just got his release from WWE too. Probably some record series of releases of some sort.

Also yikes at these recent Brandi Rhodes segments. Not only is she generating some super heat from the crowd, but she seems very... unnatural and out of her element in these promo battles.

Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

WWE is doing their Q4 earnings report today. These are usually followed up by firing a bunch of people.

I think Bobby Roode is the top name who goes. Richochet and Liv Morgan should be able to make to the late-April Q1 earnings report at least.

Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:58 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I don't know how many more they can release... The women, especially. Just read reports that the NXT Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic was postponed from beginning on Tuesday due to "lack of tag team talent."

If true, well, it's no wonder why! And also if true, it's just more evidence how WWE is seemingly not thinking about the future, even just weeks ahead of time at this point.

Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

So... we could potentially get Lesnar vs. Goldberg for one or both of the titles at Mania?

I have to try and believe Reigns will beat Goldberg at Elimination Chamber, but you really never know anymore.

Lastly...

Spoiler: show
STOP BRINGING BACK FUCKING GOLDBERG FOR RANDOM MATCHES!

He never even finished his feud/storyline with Lashley last time he was brought back! It was just forgotten about.

I truly don't think WWE has ever been this bad. You have to go back to the mid-90s, but even then they had better feuds and storylines.

Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:19 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Oh, and Nakamura is defending the IC title in two weeks. It's been 5 MONTHS (no joke) since the last IC title defense.

Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:30 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214 ... 235  Next