Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
MJF turning on Regal right away was great. That's what you get for betraying Mox you dirty old english bastard!

Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:09 pm
The Kramer

Mandy Rose has been released for posting too much racy content (ass pics) on her BrandArmy page.

While I had no idea this was going on, a quick look at the NSFW subreddits show that it was not at all unexpected. Mandy must have known what she was doing and basically said "pay me what I'm worth or I'll make the money myself." And honestly, good for her. I'm sure AEW/Indies will pay her about the same as she was making in NXT, and if she can get all this additional income like Paige Van Zant does then she absolutely should take the oppportunity.

Just crazy that they invested all this time making her into a legit wrestler only to fire her the day after her year-long title reign ends.

Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:14 pm
100% That Bitch

I mean can you blame her? She is earning much more money by "rating dicks" (yes she charges you to rate your dick pick) than taking bumps in the ring lmfao.

I see the double standards from this and previous playboy covers. So huge congrats to Mandy and fucj WWE for doing this.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:22 pm
The Kramer

Guess whose back... HHH couldn't even get one Mania lol.

Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:53 pm
100% That Bitch

Hes back in the Board holy fuck this is real life succession.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:53 pm
New Server, Same X

This is awful, awful news. They can feed me the bullshit all they want that he's not touching day-to-day shit in WWE. When he feels like the creative direction is hindering whatever sales pitch he is making for WWE, whether new TV/streaming deals or selling the company, we'll see pretty quick how much control he has.

Funny this week was when I realized AEW is really good again.

Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:34 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

And, while (hopefully) a rumor, Saudi Arabia is said to be a likely buyer of WWE.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:54 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I really don't want to make this seem worse than it is, but... Vince McMahon becoming involved with WWE in any way is not good news, no matter the intent.

And it sucks because, as much as I enjoy AEW, it is not the best alternative. You can get really lucky and carve out a solid spot for yourself after leaving WWE (Moxley, Toni Storm, Adam Cole pre-injury) or you can make a big splash in your debut and then fade in and out of relevancy (Miro, Malakai Black, Ruby Soho).

Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:17 am
New Server, Same X

I do feel like AEW is trying to correct some wrongs. We're seeing a lot of "homegrown" talent getting pushes (MJF, The Acclaimed, Jamie Hayter, Darby Allin, Orange Cassidy and Jade Cargill all holding titles), while also seeing more from others (nice build for House of Black so far, more from people like Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford, Willow Nightingale, etc.).

But then I think about The Firm. What a weird group that kind of went nowhere. Some appearances but I feel like it didn't help any of them, especially Stokely Hathaway.

Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:21 am
Devil's Advocate

Lmao

Probably the best thing that could happen to AEW... Not because I think Vince is that bad at this, but cause anti-Vince rebellion powers them

Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:44 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Seems Sasha Banks (Mercedes) made the right choice of going to NJPW (Stardom) versus coming back here.

And Brock is winning the Rumble and facing Roman at Mania again now, isn't he?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:50 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

And there, appears, to be some sort of major news going around that's going to break soon. I don't want to get overhyped, be it good or bad news, but it *sounds* like something actually significant.

My guess: WWE has a buyer and the buyer is a big shock. Saudi Arabia has been rumored for a while now.

Can't think of what it would be if it's AEW related. It's not a new talent signing, I think the rumors are making that clear. I guess Warner Bros. Discovery could have bought WWE, and thus could own both of them perhaps?

Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Okay, so it appears (again, not official) that WWE has indeed been bought by Saudi Arabia, making the company privately owned.

I can't imagine the talent that has refused to work the Saudi shows in the past will want to stay with the company. Owens and Sami probably being the biggest names, although even Reigns wasn't on board until this year (I imagine he was reluctant). Balor also tweeted an image as the news was being rumored that suggests he's against it. And this obviously won't sit right with much of the women's division.

And Stephanie resigning earlier today, not just taking a leave, makes more sense now.

Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

This likely means Rock is out at Wrestlemania right? Not sure other repercussions, is NXT part of the sale? Could Steph and HHH take over NXT?

Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:58 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Mister Ecks wrote:
I really don't want to make this seem worse than it is, but... Vince McMahon becoming involved with WWE in any way is not good news, no matter the intent.

I expected this to age well in three months. Not three fucking days.

Awful, awful news. Is this not just a spiteful old man, jealous that "his" creation is being run without him so instead of allowing it to thrive without him, he took it back and sold it for a quick buck to Saudi Arabia, the biggest stain on WWE's legacy of the last ten years?

On the plus side, Max Caster is going to get a massive pop when their music hits tonight.

Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:36 am
The Kramer

It's crazy how fast everything moved here. We went from "Vince is back and pretending that he's gonna sell the company to the Saudis so he can regain his position of power" to "oh crap he already sold it" in like two days. And this after several months of nothing but positive headlines for WWE.

Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:31 pm
The Kramer

This might have happened under HHH anyways, but with Vince back I think the Royal Rumble winner has become pretty obvious - Roman Reigns. The head of the table will pick his own Wrestlemania opponent, conveinently giving Rock as long as he needs to make up his mind.

Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:33 pm
New Server, Same X

The Saudi deal may or may not have happened/will happen, but it doesn't matter. The damage of a spiteful, bitter old man will be felt one way or the other.

Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:20 pm
The Kramer

RIP Jay Briscoe

Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:38 pm
Devil's Advocate

I don't think I've seen one of the Briscoe Bro matches but I know they had good reputation on indies as and when Cornette rants about AEW he mentions them as a top old school tag team like FTR. RIP.

Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:00 am
New Server, Same X

Yeah I didn't know them first hand, just seen some of the brief stuff they could show on Dynamite. Certainly sounds like a big loss for ROH and wrestling in general.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:24 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

RAW XXX was... underwhelming. These Hall of Famer reunion shows have gotten really repetitive and boring. Maybe if they let different legends play a role, then maybe they'd be more interesting. Taker coming out as Big Evil (finally!) was the only decent part.

Advertising the Becky/Bailey cage match, only to not even have it (having damage control take out Becky before it began...) was annoying. I have this feeling it WAS planned to happen, but that super long (30 mins!) segment at the beginning of the show caused time constraints for the rest of the show, and they certainly weren't going to cut one of the legends moments we've seen play out before... Further evidence is that the ending (fucking Lesnar, ugh... gotta have him for Mania, right, Vince?) ended abruptly like they ran out of time.

Also... setting up Sami to turn on Reigns and challenge him at Mania would be great storytelling, and the fans are really into Sami right now, he has a lot of momentum, but... they're not going to do it, are they? (Especially if Vince is involved now.)

Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:55 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

The saga of Roman Reigns is going to enter into its next (last?) phase starting tonight. And I'm worried WWE has yet again painted themselves into a corner. Here are the three main possibilities (unless they throw a curveball):

-The Rock: the obvious choice. They can try to swerve me all they want, as if Rock wouldn't have known for a good year that this was happening. If it's not happening, it's because it was never planned to begin with. I've always maintained this should never involve world titles. This should have happened with Roman isn't champion.

-Cody Rhodes: the likely choice. Here's where we run into trouble. If Cody wins the Rumble, it's going to be 2014 Rumble all over again, with fans booing the outcome. His WWE return was fairly brief before he got injured. Fans won't need much of an excuse to start turning on him, especially if he keeps going with 20 minute, Triple H-style promos. He should have a few more feuds before going for a title. Injuries suck but he shouldn't get fast-tracked to the main event like this.

-Sami Zayn: the darkhorse choice. I'm going to be honest: I don't feel like this will work. Unfortunately they've built this storyline so well, it almost has to happen for it to have proper payoff. But... if he does win the Rumble and he does face Roman at Mania and beat him... what then? That was clearly never the plan and I honestly don't think it should be long-term. My gut always said he should turn on Roman, team with KO and dethrone The Usos instead.

The unfortunate issue is that the fans clearly want Sami to beat Roman. Daniel Bryan in 2014. If/when Sami isn't in the rumble or doesn't win, they're going to shit on it, is my guess.

I honestly don't know what is the best outcome that causes the least amount of long-term damage. I'd say The Rock but that also means Roman retaining at Mania and he desperately needs to drop at least one title soon. This isn't the 60s and 70s when you could pull this off with multi-year reigns.

Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:18 pm
The Kramer

I'm sticking with my prediction that Roman comes out at 30 and wins the rumble himself, having the entire Bloodline take out Cody, Brock and all the other main contenders. Sami Zayn self-eliminating will be the final spot and lead to a title match next month in Montreal. Roman then picks his own opponent for Mania, which will be The Rock if he wants to do it. If Rock says no, then Roman faces Cody, Stone Cold or even Sami again.

Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:27 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I didn't watch, but Cody winning, as much as I like him, just feels so boring. He shouldn't have been announced beforehand. He was *probably* going to end Roman's reign prior to getting injured, so I suppose they're just going to have him do it at Mania now. And if it's Roman v Cody at Mania now, then obviously Cody is going to win, right?

And is Nia Jax back? I see she entered at #30, got no eliminations... and was eliminated by a group in under 2 mins. Glad Rhea won here. And as the #1 entrant!

Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228 ... 235  Next