Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
...What a mess...

Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:04 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Maybe this was a shoot? :ninja:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Punk bled a hell of a lot of blood from his head during the match. The physical effects of that afterwards likely made him extra irritable, clouded his mental judgement, and triggered his outbursts.

Blading is not safe and that should be one of the things Khan takes action on limiting after Sundays incident.
https://www.verywellhealth.com/frontal- ... ma-1720020

Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Punk has been removed from their debut Dynamite graphic in Albany NY. Maybe it means nothing, but the champ not being on it is pretty suspicious.

Kenny's not on it either, but fans say he's in Japan that week.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Well I learned something today; Corpse is into wrestling. I never would have guessed that.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:20 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Seven suspensions so far, not including Punk or Ace Steele whom I'm guessing are in limbo of ever coming back.

The one thing I knew was bullshit was the Elite as these glorious heroes defending wrestling from the evil CM Putin. Those guys play the wrestling media like fiddles. Punk acted like an unhinged maniac up there, but in his mind he probably thought it more honorable than leaking his grievances to Meltzer, Alveraz, etc... This is probably it for him, hopefully he can hold it together long enough to drop the title to MJF or something. Punk v Omega would be the biggest match in the world but I can't see the two of them being professional enough to work enough, or agree to put the other one over.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:51 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Algren wrote:
Well I learned something today; Corpse is into wrestling. I never would have guessed that.

Since the day I was born! (Or can remember, rather.)

And tonight's Dynamite will certainly be a must-see just to see what happened/happens with all this drama, legalities, etc.

Omega and Bucks suspended, after just winning the titles (and two weeks since Omega returned). CM Punk's status unknown / not looking good, after just winning the title. Steel suspended. Others suspended.

And I don't even know if MJF is a real option to turn to here. Speculation, of course, but I'm of the opinion he was only brought back to help AEWs recent troubles, possibly to block (or delay) his time of possibly leaving. If his "pipe bomb" and zero mention of him (did the commentary mention what happened at all???) in the three months since was a work, it really sucked. There's just so much unknown here, that, to me, it portrays him as an unprofessional with an ego problem, too.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Whelp... here's hoping that after this mess, AEW can get back on track.

I'm doubtful CM Punk will return, at least as an in ring competitor. Besides the drama/fight, he reportedly suffered yet another (serious) injury. His two AEW title "reigns" don't even combine for a full WEEK.

As for Kenny (gone after two weeks after being out for nine months, good grief...) and the Bucks, I assume they'll be back in the future, but their whole backstage presence and influence they had will likely be all different. And due to that, I wonder how that could impact their time with AEW.

I'm assuming Danielson will win this tournament by beating Mox in the final? Hangman is going to lose because Jericho SPOILED the match tonight in his promo by saying he'd beat Danielson next week (...), and Sammy and Darby aren't going to win. I *guess* Mox or Jericho could win, but they need a sort of reboot with the title.

Also seeing "reports" that Malakai Black and Thunder Rosa requested, and have received their release???

Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

And Reigns and Brock are the two most prominent faces on the first Royal Rumble poster. :funny:

EDIT: Nice win for Garcia tonight! I don't watch ROH, so will be disappointing to see him less on AEW though.

Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

AEW has had one messy week. I don't even know what to think. I didn't watch All Out until Tuesday, had no idea of what had happened and had to play catch up.

-The CM Punk scrum appearance is fascinating. Setting aside whether or not what he said was too out of line, it's so interesting to hear him talk and essentially self-destruct over Colt Cabana and Hangman. I'm sure the match and the injury had something to do with it but he knows people listen to him and I feel like he thought he had immunity to say whatever he wanted.

-No idea what to make of the fight. Sounds insane from both sides so who knows.

-Thunder Rosa requesting her release, Malakai getting a conditional release for mental health, the Eddie/Sammy fight, FTR consistently calling out why they are never given a tag title match. So many things coming up lately. I don't want to admit I was wrong but it's starting to feel like the way AEW is run is coming back to bite them right now.

Fortunately, there's a lot still working. If they can move past this week and restore some order (to borrow Excalibur's words), it can still be fine. But honestly, the injury is going to buy them time. If Punk wasn't injured, they would have had to deal with this now. Tony seems like Punk's biggest fan and I don't see him not trying to remedy this. I just don't know what the cost will end up being. I don't want Punk over Omega, Hangman and the Bucks. They're part of what separates AEW from WWE.

Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:02 am
The Kramer

It does say a lot about the company that they can lose four out of their top six stars (Mox and Jericho being the others) and still put on a hell of a dynamite. I assume Danielson will win the title and that works fine with me. Dude has been doing nothing but losing and tying since he arrived. He deserves a big moment.

Though I still don't understand why they put the title on Punk two weeks after Mox squashed him. A clean pin too. Weird booking, but as always they have plenty of golden backup plans.

Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:21 pm
Devil's Advocate

I guess if CM Punk was out the next 8 months (forever?) with torn tricep injury anyway, it worked out ok that he went out with a blaze of glory. If he continues and is fired or leaves, will he go to TNA?

I would have predicted Punk loses the title to Danielson 6-9 months from now. So I'd guess that Danielson just wins it now and then they can have him feud MJF.

Black is likely at the top of the list of Vince era cuts HHH would want another shot on, so not surprising he'd want out. I could see him and Wyatt being a faction in the WWE in the future.

Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:45 am
Devil's Advocate

Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:47 am
New Server, Same X

I'm going to guess Tony Khan is going to try everything during the injury period to have Punk mend fences with the Elite/Hangman/the rest of the locker room? He seems to be too much of a Punk mark to fire him. Maybe Punk won't want to go back.

Wonder how Omega/Bucks feel about all this.

I don't see Punk going anywhere else either. AEW or bust.

Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:56 pm
New Server, Same X

On the plus side, it's so great to see The Acclaimed getting the love lately.

Scissor me, Daddy Ass.

Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:57 pm
Devil's Advocate

I thought the Acclaimed vs Lee/Swerve match at All Out would get overshadowed by the trios tag, but it actually ended up the best of the night, and unintentionally at the time the rare AEW match with a true face/heel reaction from the crowd.

Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:42 pm
New Server, Same X

Sounds like Vince still has some sort of booking power. Roman Reigns vs. Logan Paul in Saudi Arabia. OK. Though to his credit, Paul wrestled two more matches than Goldberg would have before challenging for the title.

At this point I'm treating Saudi Arabia like a part of a multiverse, where what happens there doesn't count in the rest of the world. Shawn Michaels never wrestled after his 2010 retirement match. The Undertaker and Goldberg are two legends of their respective main companies that never went on-on-one. The Fiend never won the Universal Championship, and thus could not have possibly dropped it four months later to Goldberg in under 3 minutes.

Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:09 pm
New Server, Same X

The tired Survivor Series format getting a WarGames update is great. More love for Triple H.

I'd like it if they could organically have these two matches set up, rather than just the requisite Raw vs. Smackdown thing for both matches. But I won't expect it either.

Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:45 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Very good Dynamite last night. Wished Danielson had won, but at the same time, I had a feeling he might not. I don't know of any rumors or anything to suggest this, but I feel Danielson doesn't really want to be the top guy. And I always worry Danielson is one match away from a possible injury, so giving him the title only to having him give it up isn't something the company needs right now.

Happy for The Acclaimed. Hoping Keith Lee and Swerve breakup soon so Lee can start working towards one of the single's titles.

And... Saraya (Paige)!!! Not too shocked she's in AEW now, just wasn't expecting it to be this "soon" or last night. I don't know if she's cleared to wrestle or if she'll just be an on-screen presence, but very cool either way.

Rampage is also 2-hours and packed with matches, so I'd check it out this Friday. I usually do, but also forget it's on some weeks...

Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:34 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

We need to talk about the white rabbit.

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:32 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I haven't really been watching WWE (hard to get back in the habit after stopping), but the marketing surrounding this "White Rabbit" seems to be very well done. Bray Wyatt seems like the obvious person here, which would be awesome, but would it also be... "anti-climatic" given the obviousness?

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Corpse wrote:
I haven't really been watching WWE (hard to get back in the habit after stopping), but the marketing surrounding this "White Rabbit" seems to be very well done. Bray Wyatt seems like the obvious person here, which would be awesome, but would it also be... "anti-climatic" given the obviousness?

I certainly applaud you for not watching much, it does feel good stepping away, but... I've been enjoying it lately. Extreme Rules this year, every match has a stipulation. Triple H gave Riddle and Theory their first names back. LA Knight is on the verge of a return/debut on the main roster.

There are some misfires too. It's going to bring them publicity but I'm not into Roman Reigns vs. Logan Paul. I guess it's better than Goldberg or Brock again. And they're doing a 25th anniversary celebration of DX in two weeks. Old habits die hard I guess.

Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:37 pm
New Server, Same X

The brilliance of the white rabbit stuff is that it technically isn't on TV at all. They've been showing QR codes on screen in the background or fleetingly on screen, that take the viewer to the bizarre videos. It's pretty much assumed to be Bray at this point, which makes sense because the more dedicated fans are watching these videos, while casual fans who miss them will still know Bray when he returns. Some think it could be Baron Corbin (one of the videos had coordinates that led to some place called Corbin, but I can't see them doing all this for Corbin).

On top of that, in commercial breaks in the arenas, they play White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane. The arena is dark, except for the line "Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head, feed your head". At "Remember", red lights turn on. The red light of course a staple of The Fiend.

Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:44 pm
100% That Bitch

I will be so disapointed if White Rabbit isnt Bray :(

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:54 pm
The Kramer

Happy National Scissoring Day.

Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226 ... 235  Next