Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
I like how many people Theory has pissed off at once. Can see the gimmick where they all take turns doing their finishers on him to end Summerslam or a Raw.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:02 pm
The Kramer

Turns out that a tractor was the secret ingredient to Roman v Brock.

Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:25 am
New Server, Same X

Loved seeing Io Shirai and Dakota Kai at Summerslam with Bayley. Hating that we as fans apparently will get confused calling her Io Shirai, so now she's IYO SKY. Not the worst name change, I acknowledge. But promising that Dakota kept her name during her jump from NXT to WWE (by way of a brief WWE release).

People can shit on Logan Paul all they want, but he looked good out there. If he has a Ronda-style run where he competes on TV and not just PPV appearances, I'd be fine. Although for as much shit as The Miz gets, he of course gets equal credit for making Paul and Bad Bunny look good in their matches.

Not a lot to say about the rest of the show. Seen much of it already, now just in a stadium.

Good main event. So where do we go now?

Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:10 pm
Devil's Advocate

It's crazy how Logan Paul actually has great wrestling prospect tools, I can't believe how athletic he is, and he has the size too.

Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:56 pm
Devil's Advocate

Felt like an HHH Raw this week. Like 6 good matches, no 24/7, no Veer or Omos, no roll up wins, and they pushed Ciampa.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:24 am
Devil's Advocate

Pretty cool reintroduction of Kross. Looks good with the hair and leather jacket.

Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:42 am
New Server, Same X

We are now 2-3 weeks removed from Vince retiring and Triple H taking over creative. I will praise Vince for what he did for wrestling in the 80s, 90s and into the 2000s. Wrestling and WWE doesn't exist without what he was able to accomplish. You can say someone would have done what he did, but at the end of the day, he did it. WCW proved anyone can take the crown, but keeping it takes more.

Every bit of praise I have for him, I want to say most, if not all, is completely erased by how he fucked up at least the last ten years. He should have had the foresight to see his vision of WWE was outdated and needed new blood to take it into a new era. These last two weeks are proof that his WWE was stagnant and boring. He wasn't taking risks anymore. He had countless opportunities to push new talent that deserved a proper shot on the main roster, and time and time again he fucked it up royally.

Looking at the way Karrion Kross was booked with Scarlett (and considering she was non-existent on the main roster, which was strike number one for Kross's move to RAW) this past Friday, that's the way you make him look strong. Instead, Vince has him come out in Demolition cosplay with a goofy helmet and lose to Jeff Hardy in less than two minutes. That's more embarrassing in retrospect now.

Vince's vision was week-to-week and day-to-day. I imagine an idea he had in the morning could be changed or gone by afternoon. That's how the booking has looked lately at least. He had no attention span. If it wasn't making him money or making him pop right now, he axed it. People can say I don't know what I'm talking about, but as someone who has loved wrestling most of my life, this is how it looked to me. And I know I genuinely have excitement for watching WWE in the last week. Because I feel those in charge have excitement for making WWE, something that has not been the case for a long time. With Triple H, this is about giving us a reason to watch. With Vince, it was just about maintaining a business.

Long story short, I'm actually excited about wrestling again. It's refreshing.

Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:37 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'll need to start watching RAW/Smackdown again.

Also, so glad these two got called up (or brought back in Dakota Kai's case). It's interesting that the Women's Tag Team titles are being brought back almost as soon as Vince left.

Also, gotta give it to Dana Brooke. She's been near the top of the chopping block for years, but she's still hanging in there! While she's relatively average in the ring, it's still good to see someone in her position being utilized. With more effort put into the Women's Division, she and a few others who have just been there can find a place on the card.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Jericho's the man

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:11 am
New Server, Same X

I do applaud Jericho for still doing some of his best work at this stage in his career.

WWE and Triple H have done something for me I haven't felt in a long time: I feel compelled to watch. RAW was great. That ending worked so damn well for me, the reveal of Dexter Lumis was perfect. They didn't focus on him but if you knew of him, it was very clear who it was. Now I want to watch next week to see where it goes.

Anyone who said "Oh Vince's way is the only way to do things" has to realize deep in their soul now that Vince in charge has not been what's best for business for at least ten years. His greatest successes of the last decade (Becky Lynch, Kofi's title run, Roman turning heel) were either by chance or, in Roman's case, by necessity.

Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:30 pm
Devil's Advocate

It’s crazy that Reigns title reign is 2.5x longer than Mandy who feels like she’s been champion forever.

Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:58 pm
New Server, Same X

Speaking of Mandy, I hope now that they'll call up Toxic Attraction together. My biggest fear was that they'd bring Mandy back solo and probably split up Gigi and Jacy.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:20 am
New Server, Same X

I love Triple H. He straight up said "I don't give a fuck, I'm bringing back Dakota Kai, Karrion Kross, Scarlett and Hit Row"

Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:48 am
New Server, Same X

So many wrongs are being corrected. I love that they're making a big deal out of the titles again. I hope it continues.

I don't want to be one of those naysayers on Twitter that thinks this is disaster for AEW. I have to remind myself there is room for two (and more) wrestling companies to thrive. But where I thought certain people would never leave AEW for WWE, now I think it's going to be very interesting when contracts are up.

Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:57 pm
New Server, Same X

People complaining that Triple H has way too much going on so far, between debuts and returns, in a short amount of time. Amuses me to no end. The dude has been waiting almost ten years to have his NXT stars properly introduced on the main roster. He's seen at least 90% of his stars waste away due to bad booking and probably 75% of his stars leave/get released. He's been there for every bad decision made and could do nothing about it.

People complaining are so indoctrinated with the "let it play out" mantra of WWE, they can't see WWE booked any other way. Yeah, this can go bad at any time. But letting things play out and playing the "wait and see" game is over for me. I want results now for why I should watch WWE again and they're doing it.

I also re-watched Karrion Kross's RAW debut, just to see if it was as bad as I remember. If anything it's worse. No Scarlett, his entrance is muted and confusing for anyone who didn't know him, and he lost to Jeff Hardy in under two minutes. How could anyone recover from that? And he wasn't even dressed like a Mad Max reject yet. Even less people probably knew who he was when he returned last week, but at least he made an impact and had people talking.

Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:47 am
Devil's Advocate

Hit Row is a great addition. I mean the Usos have faced the Street Profits and New Day 30900293x times, they need some new blood and a big guy, athletic regular sized guy and hot chick is a classic combination.

HHH is clearly trying to put the IC and US titles over more

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:56 pm
New Server, Same X

I feel like the New Day should have been split up years ago but Vince had no attention span to develop proper tag teams so they kept throwing them back together. If Vince was still in charge, Big E would 100% go back to New Day when he returns.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:03 pm
Devil's Advocate

New Day got Cena'd. Even though they actually got over as heels, Vince decided they can never turn back because as faces they can get kids into wrestling and sell merchandise. Maybe under HHH they'd be willing to take the bullet.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:04 pm
Devil's Advocate

Daniel Garcia is a great talent. Bryan and Christian are doing a good job putting over him and Jungle Boy.

Solid NXT Heat Wave, nothing amazing but all pretty good including the main event that I had low expectations for. Mandy looked good. After initial reservations I like the use of the Tony D'Angelo character and storylines that gave them.

KO and McIntyre had a great promo on Raw

Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:55 pm
The Kramer

Great Dynamite this week. Can't believe they are doing Mox v Punk in Cleveland next week!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:33 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's really cool AEW returned to this area for a Dynamite. I wanted to go, but just been too busy. Can I go back to working from home, please? :lol:

Very good show. Omega returning was pretty obvious but still cool to see him back.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Johnny Gargano!

Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:32 pm
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Johnny Gargano!

And it's actually Johnny Gargano and not "Gargano" or "John Garr" or "Fletcher Finch" or whatever dumb name Vince would have given him.

Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:34 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Great Dynamite this week. Can't believe they are doing Mox v Punk in Cleveland next week!

Well... I think we know why it was scheduled so suddenly. Punk must not be ready to return from his injury, so rather than putting off unifying the titles even further, they did this.

A little mixed on it, honestly. Think it will leave a bad taste in people's mouth how they handled it for a while.

Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Yeah I went to the show and honestly felt like it was a bait and switch. It wasn't like fingerpoke of doom bad but there was no reason to hype it up so much and then deliver nothing. What even happens at All Out now?

Ospray made up for it though. Quickly becoming one of my favs and I hope he keeps wrestling stateside since I don't have time for a third wrestling company. :hahaha:

Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224 ... 235  Next