Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
McMahons gives a heartful goodbye.

*limo explodes*

Ya know, in the old days, I might expect them to go with the major feel good ending to overshadow the bad news. Let Riddle have a short run with the titles while Roman heals/does whatever he does with his new Brock-like schedule. Will never happen though. He's getting to 1000 days with the Uni title one way or another.

In other news, Dynamite's ratings were way down this week despite having a stacked card. I wonder if the Jeff Hardy news just put people in a sour mood? Or is the Forbidden Door ppv just not compelling to the average fan?

I was bummed to see Jurassic Express lose the titles to the Bucks. :(

Ospray v Orange Cassidy is the real main event.

Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:26 pm
100% That Bitch

Vince will be live on Smackdown tonight.

Holy shit this guy is about to turn this investigation into a storyline!

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:05 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yeah, the majority of AEW fans are probably NJPW fans too, so probably not getting much of a ratings bump there.

I do wonder if successive episodes have similar (or worsening) ratings, if it could be linked to CM Punk being away. Danielson has also been absent due to an injury. Could ~200,000+ people be tuning in to see Punk, Danielson, other ex-WWE guys? It's possible.

And I do wish JE had the titles a little longer. They had a good run. Having them losr as a result of Christian would have been a better angle, I think. They've been pushing the Young Bucks in recent weeks, so with their ties to NJPW, maybe they're going to be up against a tag team from there for Forbidden Door. I'm assuming either United Empire or Cobb/Khan (since they've been on AEW already), but could be another team.

Would have been nice to get someone from Stardom to challenge Thunder Rosa. Maybe someone more recognizable to Western fans, like Kairi. I'm fine with Toni Storm (even if it's a bit sudden), but probably could have saved that for another event. Having it as the only AEW vs AEW match is odd. Suppose they wanted at least one female match on the card though.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

So, we're really getting Reigns and Lesnar AGAIN at SummerSlam. LMFAO.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Sorry Corpse, but who cares? Vince McMahon just pulled the most iconic IDGAF & Power move i've seen in forever.

Just walk out. Get the ovation. Be arrogant af. Leave.

Thats how you send a message to everyone that bitch you ain't leaving

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:53 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Vince will be Vince, sure. Hopefully he stays in the back for the next few years after that.

Reigns/Lesnar PPV history:

WrestleMania 31 (2015)
Fastlane 2016
SummerSlam 2017
WrestleMania 34 (2018)
Greatest Royal Rumble 2018
SummerSlam 2018
Crown Jewel 2021
Day 1 (2022) *cancelled match due to COVID*
WrestleMania 38 (2022)
SummerSlam 2022

Someone noted they'll make history next month by being featured in two WM matches (they even got three!) and two SS matches (almost three, 2017 was a four-way), the first time it's happened.

I have to imagine Cody was meant to challenge Reigns at SS, or possibly Orton, but both are out with injuries. But even with that being the case, having to rely on Brock yet again is truly something. When Reigns said there was no one else tonight, he wasn't kidding. The roster has plenty of talent, but none of them have been built up.

Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:39 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Hasn't been officially confirmed, but many reports are agreeing that Sasha is no longer with WWE after her lawyers and WWE worked out the split (probably had quite some time left on her contract, if I had to guess).

Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:45 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Sucks that Danielson isn't cleared for Forbidden Door (and Blood and Guts), but... Okada is in! Looking forward to that Fatal Four-Way with White, Hangman, and Cole the most now.

And for Omega, Danielson, and Punk being injured (and the situation Ibushi is in), a lot of effort was put into making this PPV the best it could be, I feel.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:04 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Christian is a jerk. :mad:

Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:06 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Makes the future match between him and Jungle Boy mean more though! It was quite the promo. And I'm thinking Luchasaurus will be joining Christian?

Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Well if Lucha learns anything from Christian, it should be to hold a grudge for over a year and then betray them at their worst moment before demanding his mother apologize for giving birth.

Forbidden Door filled out the card nicely, but I still think the build was far too rushed. I know this was the only time NJ could do it because of the G1 tournament starting next month, but two or three more Dynamite's would have gone a long way towards setting up some of these matches. At least they got Okada though. If he wasn't on the card then what are we even doing? Is Naito hurt? I know Ibushi is.

Also, who will be Danielson's mystery replacement? The internet is leaning towards Cesaro since Bryan said it was someone that Eddie Kingston hates ... but Eddie hates everyone so I dunno if that clue is very helpful. :funny:

Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:40 pm
New Server, Same X

Any chance it's Gargano? Kind of shocked he hasn't landed anywhere yet.

Even though I have next-to-no knowledge of NJPW, I'm pumped for the show. I wish we had less multi-person/multi-team matches but I know they're trying to fit in as many matches and wrestlers as possible.

Also I don't get why I read some stuff on MJF's future up in the air at AEW. I know they had Cody on TV talking about their issues before he left, but I felt that big promo was the result of a storyline coming up. I figure once The Forbidden Door is over, he'll be back in some capacity. I don't see them bringing Punk out after that promo unless there was a storyline evolving.

Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:12 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Head's up for anyone buying Forbidden Door tonight. It only costs about $37 on NJPW World since the exchange rate is so awful (very strong dollar = very weak yen). Look into it, but should just require a VPN or streaming service that can be set in Japan where the app/site is available.

Or, subbing to NJPW is an even cheaper (much cheaper) means at just $7.40 (again, due to the exchange rate).

Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Pretty great show. Having the JAS get involved (again) at the very end was a bit annoying, but I'll give it a pass since they have Blood and Guts this Wednesday. Happy for FTR!

Haven't checked the news, but seems that Adam Cole is likely injured (more than before). Probably should have kept him off the card, honestly, but maybe it was the only way to work Okada onto it.

If they do Forbidden Door every year, where they can work out the kinks and not rush it, it could be one of their biggest and best PPVs of the year.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Forbidden Door definitely surpassed expectations. The build to it was messy but almost every match delivered high quality action. Cassidy v Ospray and Sabre v Cesaro were my favorites. Claudio looked like a star both from his big win and getting to come back out at the end for the swing. Wouldn't be surprised if he got the title match at All Out if Punk isn't ready to come back for it. The main event scene has been decimated by injuries so there's not a ton of other options unless they wanna run back Mox v Jericho 2 or Mox v MJF 2. They do have some breathing room though since the real main event will be Bucks v FTR for All The Titles just like last years real main event was Punk v Darby.

Adam Cole must have gotten concussed on that final michinoku driver from Okada. Seems like that was going to be the finish to the match anyways, but Okada would have finally hit the rainmaker before Jay White stole the pin instead of ... whatever actually happened.

Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:55 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Everyone around the Young Bucks is injured, so seeing them tie it into their act/promo tonight was "funny." (It is weird though.)

Blood and Guts was pretty great. Claudio stealing the win from Eddie was excellent. I had to step away for about 5 mins in the middle and missed Santana get injured? What happened?

The injury list this spring/summer in pro wrestling has been really crazy. I think it's a record.

Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'll watch botches (for a good laugh) from time to time (except for injuries...), and this one gave me a good cackle today. Thought I'd share:

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I liked the concept of the two-ring battle royale. Have they ever done that before? If not, it should definitely be a match they use in the future. I was thinking it'd be hard to keep track of two occurring at once, but the split-screen shots and the wide-angled shots worked really well. Poor Darby.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:36 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I think WCW used to do it for Superbrawl?

Brody King winning makes sense. Dude has been great since his debut, but also overshadowed by Black and Julia Hart. I'm glad he'll get a chance in the main event scene. Mox went through Hagar, Brodie Lee, Cage and Archer in his first title run so it also makes sense to give him a giant to slay.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:16 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'll go back and check Superbrawl. If I watched any, I doubt I remember them now.

Brody King winning was a good choice. His elimination of Darby was just evil. Pretty cool, but evil.

Liv Morgan wins the women's MITB, cashes in an hour later, and beats Rousey for the title. Happy for her, but it's really weird that 5/6 women winners all cashed in after 1 day or less (3 of them the same night). Carmella is the only exception who held the case for almost full. (She will almost certainly be used as a means to get the title back to Charlotte I feel though...)

Theory winning the men's MITB is pretty funny. I like him, but he seems to be really borderline on that heat/hate line with audiences. He will be entertaining with the case though. And just imagine if he cashes in at SummerSlam and actually pins either Roman or Lesnar. LMAO. I expect his cash-in will be a fail if it's anytime soon though, so hopefully he keeps it for a while.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Wonderful night for Liv Morgan. Two big wins, both deserved. I really hope this leads to a lengthy run as an underdog champion. Take the way she beat Ronda Rousey and do that in every title defense. Not a roll up but have her struggle yet always retain.

But we know that isn't the plan. This was likely their way to finally put the title on her to shut the fans up, get it back on Charlotte or Bayley whenever they return and she'll likely be on the next list of surprising releases. WIll they wait until Summerslam to take it off her, or have it happen as soon as Friday night?

I'm fine with Theory. Fine with the win, fine with his character. I don't honestly care about him either way. Aside from his allegations, fans are likely just not happy that he's getting all these pushes. Push with Vince, push at Wrestlemania, push with John Cena, push with the MITB. They drag their feet pushing anyone new but when they do, it usually ends up being someone divisive like Theory.

Once I heard he was added to the match, that was obviously the winner, which also killed the suspense of the match.

Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:05 am
New Server, Same X

Also, me being fine with Theory winning is contingent on him NOT winning the titles in the near future. If he ends up being the one to take the titles off Roman after a two year reign, talk about a monumental failure.

The problem is if he cashes in soon and loses, that's also a huge failure, as they've effectively buried Theory by having him cash in and lose. It's the same with having Roman's run go this long. Paint themselves into a corner with no possible positive outcome.

Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:07 am
The Kramer

Great moment for Liv who definitely deserved it. Hopefully it goes better than Nikki's run, but I think Liv is generally more well-liked by the audience. She always gets a reaction when she comes out. Her ring work has a ways to go, she'll never be Becky or Sasha, but there's no reason she can't get up to atleast Alexa's level. Great use of Ronda to put Liv over, but I wonder if it was originally gonna be Rhea that she cashed in on. Would have fit that story well, though then they wouldn't be able to do the big Bianca/Becky rematch at Summerslam.

Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:19 pm
100% That Bitch

Wellz up to $12million in hush money.

Ofc Vince's dick was gonna be his downfall.

I'm shocked he lasted this long.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:23 pm
100% That Bitch

He could have bought 3 WCWs with all of that hush money!

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222 ... 235  Next