Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
"If they aren't fired by then" is going to be the saying of the year.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:
This is the craziest round of cuts I've seen so far.

At what point does AEW stop taking all the WWE leftovers though? Their most noteworthy stars currently (Kenny Omega, Britt Baker, Eddie Kingston, The Young Bucks) either never set foot in a WWE ring or at least didn't get very far.
Orange Cassidy and Hangman too! But yeah they can’t just take all the wwe castoffs or risk being seen as wwe-lite. They can also let somebody else pay these guys and still use them for the Kenny Omega multiverse story.

Aleister Black
Ruby Riott
Peyton Royce
Billie Kay
Mickie James

Are the only ones they should sign. Keep it fresh with indie names that wwe fans wouldn’t have heard.

AEW - Andrade, IIconics, Lana - adding some hot people isn't a bad thing and could balance out some of the indie physiques and old people, Andrade is basically opposite of Omega in every way.

Japan - Braun, Murphy. As I understand big guys do well in Japan, I guess it's a Godzilla type thing. AEW has Miro and TNA has Big Cass so maybe they should focus on the big guys they already have. Murphy should try to be the next Finn Balor AJ type guy

TNA has to get a few so I'll say Black and Riott end up men and women's champions there and Joe/Mickie go back

Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:21 pm
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:
This is the craziest round of cuts I've seen so far.

At what point does AEW stop taking all the WWE leftovers though? Their most noteworthy stars currently (Kenny Omega, Britt Baker, Eddie Kingston, The Young Bucks) either never set foot in a WWE ring or at least didn't get very far.
Orange Cassidy and Hangman too! But yeah they can’t just take all the wwe castoffs or risk being seen as wwe-lite. They can also let somebody else pay these guys and still use them for the Kenny Omega multiverse story.

Aleister Black
Ruby Riott
Peyton Royce
Billie Kay
Mickie James

Are the only ones they should sign. Keep it fresh with indie names that wwe fans wouldn’t have heard.

Big yes to the women. Britt Baker is working like the next Becky Lynch right now, but where WWE went wrong is they didn't have anyone else built up for when Becky left so their women's division is really lacking right now. Bianca and Bayley are killing it, but... once Bayley is done with Bianca, who challenges Bianca?

AEW needs to focus on the women as well. Get a few more good workers to round it out.

Honestly, I'm super into AEW right now. I was never into WCW and barely looked at TNA/Impact. AEW feels fresh right now compared to WWE. Not a high bar to clear but still.

Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:45 pm
100% That Bitch

I mean will RAW is getting shitty as fuck numbers but does WWE rly cRe? They're starting to feel less like a "sports entertainment" company and more of a big production company. They finally got what they wanted no one is bigger than WWE, The brand is the star and not the wrestlers and that my friends is the issue with them, they no longer care about creating stars.

No one is bigger than the brand. But it's a normal evolución of the business.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:23 pm
Devil's Advocate

Raw is the B show now. If Reigns was on Raw and Lashley and McIntyre were getting ok ratings on SD I don't think people would care as much. I mean Jinder was SD champion for like 6 months.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:36 pm
The Kramer

Raw has been unwatchable for years. If they reduced it to two hours and ended the brand split then it might go back to being the top WWE show, but the damage has been done. Dyanmite will be over it within a few years even if they don’t expand their fanbase very much.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Shaved, heel Otis might become a hit. Could easily see him and Gable end up on the chopping block when their contracts expire, and they still could be, but the heel turn and new look for Otis could be a success.

Also, Bayley's screen graphic/label said she was "WWE Champion Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman" tonight. :funny: My guess is that the her name and Brock's are next to one another in their system (alphabetically) and someone accidentally selected Brock. Hope she addresses that next week.

Oh, and her segment with Rollins tonight was pretty great. Bayley is great. Really hope we see how a live crowd reacts to her in the near future.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I can't believe we wasted YEARS on Bayley's last gimmick. I'm sure it was big in NXT but it never worked on the main roster and went at least a year too long. Like Roman Reigns, the gimmick change has been major for her. Her and Drew McIntyre have been two of, if not the two, biggest assets during the pandemic era.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:46 am
Devil's Advocate

Even though both are straight I feel somewhere there are lesbian slashfic types into this Charlotte/Ripley feud. NightmareQueen?

Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:09 pm
100% That Bitch

The winner is EVA MARIE.
No seriously, how does she look like thst on an HD camera?

Gurl looks hot as fuck. Not a simgle gram of fat found on her body

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:02 am
100% That Bitch

And what's the most discussed angle of the night?

Eva Marie returning to troll the wrestling fans.

They livid and i'm living. I dont remember the last time a character worked like this on us fans. Eva is just the perfect foil to make this work. Dear gawd. Im excited to see this going.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:58 pm
New Server, Same X

Complete 180 last night on Alexa Bliss. This is what she should have been all along. Making Lilly a bigger part of her story was a bad move. It would be like making Rambling Rabbit a focal point of Bray's character.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:51 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

You'd think WWE was having financial issues the past 2-3 months or something.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

No big names but the first three still hurt.

I still haven’t watched Cell or Takeover. Everything this company has done since Mania has been burning off my desire to watch them at all. Such a shame to do this after delivering one of the all time best matches.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:37 pm
Devil's Advocate

It's a shame they had to end the very good Lashley McIntyre HIAC in a roll up. It's not like the feud can continue.

Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:59 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm pretty much a fully converted AEW fan now. Watching the four shows this week, there's no comparison. Smackdown is miles ahead of RAW, but neither show compares to AEW or NXT. I pretty much watched the entire Dynamite intently, while I just stop on what interests me for RAW and Smackdown.

Meanwhile, does Vince hate people with two names or what? They bring out Shotzi Blackheart and Tegan Nox as Shotzi and Nox. Why cut names down constantly? Riddle, Murphy, Shotzi. Before she debuts, Toni Storm will probably end up just being Storm.

Also, I haven't been an NXT watcher for a long time but weren't Shotzi Blackheart and Ember Moon a team? Didn't Tegan Nox just return and go after Candace LaRae? They could have kept Shotzi and Ember together, Ember has recognition from previously being (wasted) on the main roster too.

Makes no sense. Which should be WWE's tagline.

Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:55 am
Devil's Advocate

The randomness is what gets me, I understand cuttimg the many syllable ones like Andrade Cien Almas or Adrian Neville but I still think of him as Matt Riddle and not Riddle. Meanwhile they never changed the 6 syllable Humberto Carrillo? And wouldn't Apollo have been fine without the Crews?

Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:24 pm
The Kramer

It was shortened to Apollo for a few weeks and then changed back. :funny:

Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:34 pm
New Server, Same X

RIP WWE Thunderdome. You were an innovative way for fans at home to interact with the pandemic era, but... good riddance. I want to see fans again.

I'm also curious if they'll cut the heavily edited stuff (Alexa Bliss's whole gimmick), or just do it backstage now.

Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:41 pm
Devil's Advocate

Hopefully Joe is cleared cause I'd be down for Kross vs Joe as the main event next Takeover.

Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:22 pm
New Server, Same X

I thought Joe was clear before Wrestlemania.

I'll be much happier to see him work with NXT guys than be wasted on the main roster.

Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:22 pm
The Kramer

Lashley v Goldberg? Really? lol.

Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:29 pm
Devil's Advocate

Gramps needs a win, maybe he can squash the Fiend again?

Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:09 pm
New Server, Same X

If Goldberg beats Lashley, this completely invalidates their attempt to make Lashley a legit champion. I had enough of his feud with Drew and I don't think they've done enough to build Kofi back up as a main-eventer (except meaningless victories for both him and Xavier over Lashley). If he's fed to Goldberg, his championship will be as useless as Strowman's last year.

Man it was good to see the crowd last night. I feel like everyone's excitement wore off by the halfway point, but that's WWE's fault. It was an OK show but a crowd can only carry it so far. Once the show was just another WWE show with some decent matches, their excitement kind of wore off too.

Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:10 pm
The Kramer

Yes! Welcome home!!!!! Wish I could have been there cause the surprised crowd reaction was the best.

Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204 ... 235  Next