Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 2:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 5086 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202 ... 204  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
So... Nia Jax. Major oversell of missing the leg drop on the apron last night.

Intended to get a laugh out of people, or something more? It drew a "did she just say what I thought she said" moment when I was watching, but now it's funny?

"MY HOLE!" has also been trending for 12 hours now. New "Austin 3:16"? WWE and Nia could make bank off "MY HOLE!" merchandise.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”

Wakanda Forever

Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

And just saw this. R-Truth... :funny:

Glad I tuned in last night.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”

Wakanda Forever

Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Kayfabe question: What have Jeff Hardy and Miz done lately to deserve shots at the world title?

Non Kayfabe: Why not just book a different elimination chamber match? Smackdown side has a much more logical six, and even if they’re gonna have Roman inside the EC too I still think there was a better way. Could have had Lashley dominate a US title EC or do a #1 contender with Sheamus actually earning his place in a future main event.

Watch them all and then vote for the WOKJ Movie Awards!!!! Ballots due on April 23!!

Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:54 pm
The Kramer

Fair is fair, also have to question why Joey Janela was entitled to a TNT title shot?

Otherwise good episode of Dynamite. The story with Hangman and Matt Hardy was very funny, first with the entire Dark Order having to watch the two agree to go out then Hangman switching the contracts. The women’s tournament is off to a good start. Hopefully it finally gets us to Shida v Baker. The Acclaimed had a breakout performance both on the mic and ring after showing promise the last few weeks. And the tag main event was a lot of fun. Kenta looks like a star in the multiverse.

Watch them all and then vote for the WOKJ Movie Awards!!!! Ballots due on April 23!!

Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:07 am
The Kramer

Not sure if it will lead anywhere but I’m liking the continuation of Cesaro’s push. Would love to see him as the eventual Roman-Slayer, but sometime in the summer cause we need more than another month of Heel Roman as champ.

Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:11 pm
The Kramer

An excellent Takeover! Felt like the old days where they go 5/5 on fun matches and advance storylines that make me want to watch the weekly show. What is Roddy gonna do? I have to know!

Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:06 am
Devil's Advocate

Keith Lee immediately feels like a star after getting called up, he just stands out, body type, unique style of talking, great face, etc. I wasn't expecting to be more impressed by him as a promo than in the ring where they made him wrestle like the Big Show his first few weeks for some reason instead of doing much athletic. I will say though I might not be as interested in NXT if they build it around "quadruple A" wrestlers that have already faced each other so many times like Gargano/Ciampa/Balor/Cole (not that they wouldn't do good on main roster, but Vince is probably projecting midcard or tag team vs carrying NXT ratings). I like the cycle of calling everyone up after their title run and then refreshing it with new guys, some cool unexpected cycles like Andrade as champion wouldn't have happened without that. Before AEW by late 2020 the "core four" would be gone while title picture is Lee/Riddle or something. On the other hand 2020 obviously should've been the year of Velveteen Dream as NXT champion but he messed it up, plus their new champion Cross got injured.

I wish they let Shayna Bazler be a face for longer since she probably has most Stone Cold potential of the females, her and Nia is fun though.

I thought the Hurt Business was the weakest part of the show for months, but they had at least one badass moment when Retribution was attacking and their new music hit to come out to fight them

I feel like if Rollins and Rey Mysterio face each other 2-3 years from now it will still feel like their characters are arch enemies for life, that's a sign of a feud that did its job.

Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:42 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
An excellent Takeover! Felt like the old days where they go 5/5 on fun matches and advance storylines that make me want to watch the weekly show. What is Roddy gonna do? I have to know!

Indeed. Wished the Women's Title match was a little longer, but great show.

Just saw on Twitter that Jim Ross called Omega the WWE Champion. If only JR, if only.

Wakanda Forever

Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:01 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

So WWE really did drop the illusion last night that Roman COULD lose the title on Sunday and Edge COULD choose a different champion from Roman, eh?

Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:51 am
The Kramer

Mister Ecks wrote:
So WWE really did drop the illusion last night that Roman COULD lose the title on Sunday and Edge COULD choose a different champion from Roman, eh?
Well they didn’t stick with that illusion long. :funny:

Just as importantly, Lashley and Drew = fuck yeah. Mania is shaping up nice.

...Until Miz wins the title??? Are we in 2021 or 2011? Is Bad Bunny gonna win the wwe title????

Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:59 am
New Server, Same X

I keep reading all these theories last night of how Lashley will win the title at Fastlane, set up a match with Drew at Mania, etc etc. Then I keep remembering how Bad Bunny shamelessly flaunted the 24/7 Title on SNL this week, and how much WWE would love to see a mainstream performer holding the WWE Title, even for a short time.

Please, for the love of God, don't let this happen.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:45 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Bad Bunny will almost certainly be in a match at Mania. Having him defeat Miz (also likely to happen) and going into Mania as WWE Champ though? Would they really pull that trigger?

I'm just guessing the story will involve Lashley getting the title from either Miz or Bad Bunny at Fastlane. Perhaps Bad Bunny will "cost" Miz the match or something, setting up a Bad Bunny vs Miz match for Mania.

But it's probably 50/50 on whether Bad Bunny gets the WawE title though...

Also... Raw's Women's Division is a true mess right now. Asuka wasn't even on the card last night, and there isn't a storyline in the entire division besides the dumb Charlotte/Evans thing. I guess Charlotte beating Evans at some point (why not have their match last night???), and then moving on to defeat Asuka at Mania is the move here. Alexa Bliss has been absent for a bit too.

Still annoyed we never got a Asuka/Shayna storyline.

Wakanda Forever

Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:38 am
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

The Miz two time WWE Champion.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:07 pm
The Kramer

Corpse the Lacey Evans pregnancy is for real. I assume she was gonna get the title this weekend otherwise and defend v Charlotte.

Now ... I dunno Asuka v Charlotte again sounds so boring, and Asuka has been champ for so long that it wouldn’t even be that satisfying if she avenged all those previous losses. Will they pair Ric up with Peyton Royce and do the same story? I love Peyton, but she’s been lagging far behind Billie since the split so that might be weird. We will probably end up with an Asuka v Everyone match.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:13 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Oh, well then... I wonder if they'll still play it out with Ric Flair being the father for TV audiences.

Just have Shayna turn on Nia, run through some of the other women for a few weeks, and then properly challenge Asuka at Mania. Shafir and Duke can make their returns as well, adding a much needed new team to the tag division.

Admittingly, a Becky return and match with Asuka at Mania would be fun too. Becky relinquished the title to her after all, and it would make for an interesting storyline. But they'd have to get on it very soon or it'd be a pretty poor way to have Asuka drop the title if Becky makes a sudden return in the final weeks leading up to Mania.

I like Charlotte just fine, but just throwing her into a match with Asuka to win the title again is just so expected and "we're out of ideas" move. Now, if Asuka actually won, making them 1-1 at Mania which could lead to a proper rivalry and eventual rubber match, sure, that'd be alright. But that's not happening.

Wakanda Forever

Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

So.. what happened when Retribution debuted and shortly after? I wasn't watching much during this time, but they had decent build-up in the weeks/months prior.

But every time I've watched in recent weeks and months, they've always lost? I don't think any of them, Ali included, has won a single match? It's just Ali always yelling at all of them each week.

Wakanda Forever

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

They’ve won a couple matches but it’s a shit gimmick for sure. Mostly just to build an Ali v Kofi Mania match I assume. Hopefully Dom and Mia can redebut with new characters and forget this ever happened soon after that.

The Lashley Ultimatum was funny. Dude then demolishes Strowman. Miz will probably find a way to weasel out of it again but they should just put the title on him next week. Fastlane is like 3 weeks before Mania...

Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:43 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well, hopefully Ali breaks off soon because it's getting silly. Not sure if a match with Kofi is Mania material (odd to say given Kofi's status just a couple years ago), but it'd be an entertaining one whenever it happens.

Charlotte v Asuka seems almost certain now, although Ripley is "coming soon" to Raw. Sometimes these "coming soon" ads can mean several months though, so who knows if she'll debut before Mania.

Naomi and Lana beating Nia and Shayna at some point in the future seems likely, perhaps in a Mania match to get the titles on the card.

Not really sure what's happening with the Raw Tag Team division. I guess Miz and Morrison will challenge The Hurt Business at Mania unless another team comes back by then?

Orton v The Fiend (be it Bliss or Wyatt, or both) will probably get a cinematic match for Mania.

Lashley seems poised to get the title. But I have doubts it'll be before Fastlane, with the Miz getting out of the match until then.

Wakanda Forever

Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Big Show (Paul White) on AEW? :whaa:

This is one of the most surprising ones. Never seemed like he'd leave WWE at this point in his career. His Hall of Fame year was probably coming up in the near-ish future, too.

Wakanda Forever

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

I am excited for this. The match against Shaq will finally happen, and hopefully Shaq puts him over like when he had the “Shaq Vs.” show. Also Jerishow reunion!

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I think we’ll see alot of legends depart for AEW when their contracts are up. They can be useful and part of the story over there, rather than just getting beat up by Randy Orton twice a year. :hahaha:

Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:12 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

This is his ultimate heel turn, too, against WWE itself! The 977 before it were just getting us ready so we wouldn't be too shook.

Wakanda Forever

Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Big Show going to AEW is the biggest indicator that WWE has no use for their so-called legends. Look at how AEW treats legends and look how WWE treats them. Only reason Ric Flair is still with WWE is because of Charlotte and his relationship with Triple H. Otherwise, he'd be all over AEW. Even now I wouldn't think it's impossible to see that happen.

Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:56 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I guess we're getting a Strowman/Shane [insert stipulation] match at Mania?

Wakanda Forever

Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Well Miz didn’t last very long. Congrats to Bobby Lashley on his first world title win!

Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 5086 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202 ... 204  Next