Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Bonds says maybe he will miss the season. 
Extraordinary

Post Bonds says maybe he will miss the season.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2018994

These parts got my attention:
"I'm 40 years old, not 20, 30."

While Bonds was defiant and confrontational during his first press conference of the spring on Feb. 22, he was despondent Tuesday, using the word "tired" 14 times during his approximate 10-minute session.

"You wanted me to jump off the bridge, I finally have jumped. You wanted to bring me down, you've finally brought me and my family down. Finally done it. From everybody, all of you. So now go pick a different person. I'm done. Do the best I can, that's about it."

Hmmm,what up barry,Now you feel tired at your age cuz you wont be able to be on the juice anymore?

Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

it's amazing how he all of a sudden feels old once he stops taking the juice. i wonder if his head will shrink a few hat sizes now?

Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:18 pm
Site Owner

Not like he was the only one. He was just the best of them .. he would have been an exceptional player anyways ... just ook at him with Pittsburgh .. I actually liked watching him more then .. when he played real baseball instead of swing for the fence baseball.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

Dont worry he just needs to go see Dr Feelgood, then he wont be tired anymore. Does the Panthers Dr. make house calls?

Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:32 am
Profile WWW
Hatchling

Not like he was the only one. He was just the best of them .. he would have been an exceptional player anyways ... just ook at him with Pittsburgh .. I actually liked watching him more then .. when he played real baseball instead of swing for the fence baseball.

Very true, he used to be the true definition of a great baseball player til he got puffed up on juice and started banging em out of the park. He's within reach of the home run record, but unless they put him on the field somewhere, he won't get many at bats, aside from pinch hitting or dh in interleague games. He may not even want to break it now anyway, probably figuring it would be scrutinized by the steriods scandal. Then he may retire and try to slide under the radar, like Big Mac.

Then, hopefully, we won't have to see that clip of him licking his bat on Sportscenter for the gazillionth time. #-o

Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:39 am
Profile WWW
Site Owner

Yeh ... but hey there are still phenomonal baseball players around ...

Ichiro and Thome to name a few .... Thome could hit 50 without steroids ... imagine the hype around that man if noone had been on steroids.

Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]