Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 NHL Season Cancelled.....Rusty on suicide watch.... 
New Server, Same X

I bet if there was a season, that Red Sox fever would have carried over to the NHL, and Toronto would have won the Cup. If only, eh?

I think hockey is something Canada understands and enjoys. Even a general disliking of sports can't kill the excitement I can get just watching a little hockey. It's just fun. But, the players are ridiculous, as are many players in all major sports leagues. They get paid so much money to play a supposedly fun game. Money, first. Competition, second. Fun, dead last. It's sad, really. This isn't a game to them, it's a job. A high-paying job. I think all major sports leagues should come to a screeching halt. Society would come to a stand-still (sad, but true). Too much money is going to people playing a game.

Oh, and to anyone who thinks there is going to be an NHL season now, you're dreaming big. First of all, do you think these guys are going to play an entire season, then jump head first into ANOTHER season without their vacation? Bullshit. They also aren't going to change the season start to February or March every year. So, how can there be a season? Wishful thinking, but I think it should take the year off, and talks should resume in a few months, when a REAL season can be considered.

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:14 pm
Indiana Jones IV

The owners are all multimillionaires.

It's always the fans that get the short end, eh?

Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

The players are all millionaires.
The owners are all multimillionaires.

It's always the fans that get the short end, eh?

i hear that.

Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:59 pm
Kiera Knightly is my lady!

Remember the Baseball stirke from over 10 years ago? Sorry I just got reminded of it.

Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

Remember the Baseball stirke from over 10 years ago? Sorry I just got reminded of it.

yeah, it was awful. the first good indians team in 40 years had it's season wiped out because of that strike. i was so depressed. oh well, i got over it when they went to the world series 2 out of the next 3 years :)

Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:32 am
Kiera Knightly is my lady!

Impact wrote:

yeah, it was awful. the first good indians team in 40 years had it's season wiped out because of that strike. i was so depressed. oh well, i got over it when they went to the world series 2 out of the next 3 years :)

Yeah they did.
in this college group at my church we were getting on this girl cause the yankees lost and that was her favorite team, it was pretty funny.

Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:01 am
Profile WWW
rustiphica

Impact wrote:

Same with the Blue Jays. They had won the big one the season before and then they get whiped out... They never recovered since.

Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2