Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 In looking at Next Years NFL Football Season, Patriots?????? 
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Post In looking at Next Years NFL Football Season, Patriots??????
- In looking at Next Years NFL Football Season, Will the Patriots again be the team to beat?

- Where do the Patriots stand againist the other great teams
, Dallas on the 70 & 90. San Francisco of the 80's, Pittsburg of the 70's. Any others to be considered?

- What do you think will be happening with your favorite NFL teams?

COVER YOUR EYES
HIDE YOUR WOMEN & CHILDREN
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON
BUT REMEMBER*****GOLDIE*****ALWAYS KNOWS THE RIGHT/BETTER ANSWER
THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOLDIE

Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:34 am
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

you can carve this in stone. the browns will suck.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:12 pm
Teh Mexican

you can carve this in stone. the browns will suck.

indeed! =D>

Chargers WOO HOO...............

Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:02 pm
Full Fledged Member

With Moss possibly traded, how will Minnesota do? Running backs on the market: Blaylock or Johnson from KC, Goings Davis or Foster from Carolina, Henry from Buffalo. The landscape of the NFl will change, so who knows what is going to happen.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

I really hope they dont let go Drew Brees!! [-o<

Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:12 pm
I'm Batman

Weis and Crennel gone could mean a disaster for the Pats.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:15 pm
Superman: The Movie

Weis and Crennel gone could mean a disaster for the Pats.

Not really. Even though the Patriots will be losing these two great coaches, the Patriots will hire within the orgainization. Their names aren't coming to mind right now, but they have been training two guys. (Just remembered their names.....Scott Peoli and Eric Mangheni. There are a couple of other guys, but I think these are the two candidates). Plus the Patriots aren't going to be losing any talent on the field either so they won't be hurt there.

If Bellicheck were leaving the Patriots to retire, then I would agree with you, but Bellicheck knows what he is doing and will hire the right people.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
George A. Romero

let's see belichick win a title without crennel and weis. if he does that, then i might consider him a good coach.

Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:46 pm
life begins now

Hopefully Pittsburgh had another good year. They wont have a rookie quarterback anymore, plus they will have this season to grow on. Cincinnati might also be somewhat decent. They would've made the playoffs this year had they not made some stupid errors. They haven't had a winning season since 1990! The past two years they've been even, but I think next year is their "year."

Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:37 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

Eagles should have another great season. Their cap situation is great. Unless some dramatic shifts happen in free agency, Atlanta appears to be the only major threat from the NFC.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:36 am
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

I am not sure how the loss of the Coordinators will affect the Pats, but I am going to predict now that they don't make it back to the Super Bowl next year. They are 5 million over the salary cap, and are going to lose a few guys, and gain none.

The Chargers on the other hand are 25 million under the salary cap, have the best running back in the league in Ladanian Tomlinson and the best tight end in the league in Antonio Gates. They also have Drew Brees who really came into his own last year. Their draft has even better prospects with 2 first round picks and they could deal Phillip Rivers for yet another first round pickl. If they could pick up a wide reciever like Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards in the draft, they would have a frightening offense to match up against. I am predicting the Chargers to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl next year, unfortunately they will lose to the Eagles.

The Eagles are 17 million under salary cap. Which will allow them to sign Westbrook to a long contract, get Jeramiah Trotter and some of their other free agents, and maybe sign a good wide reciever to complement T.O. They will go back to the Super Bowl with ease (remember they easily beat the Falcons WITHOUT T.O), and will win a tough fought game against the Chargers.

Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:00 pm
Profile WWW

let's see belichick win a title without crennel and weis. if he does that, then i might consider him a good coach.

:roll:

Because bad coaches built successful teams that win the SUperbowl three times in 4 years, heck I am sure you could do it.

Quite frankly when you enter the realm of reality and starr thinking straight no one will care what you think.

Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:54 pm
George A. Romero

Terminator1997 wrote:

Because bad coaches built successful teams that win the SUperbowl three times in 4 years, heck I am sure you could do it.

Quite frankly when you enter the realm of reality and starr thinking straight no one will care what you think.

i'm not saying belichick is a bad coach, i'm just not sold that he's "great." i think he's getting more credit than he deserves because he has brilliant personnel. If he goes out and wins another super bowl or can at least get the patriots close next year without a good chunk of his 2004 coaching staff, then i'll call him a great coach. he'll basically have the same team back for '05.

Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:05 pm

Ripper wrote:
Terminator1997 wrote:

i'm not saying belichick is a bad coach, i'm just not sold that he's "great." i think he's getting more credit than he deserves because he has brilliant personnel. If he goes out and wins another super bowl or can at least get the patriots close next year without a good chunk of his 2004 coaching staff, then i'll call him a great coach. he'll basically have the same team back for '05.

Your first choice of words was good, there is a huge difference between good and great.

Secondly just because he has the same eam, its not as if the NFL remains the same year to year, winning one year doesn't mean you can win the next year. Is your claim then that Crennel and Weis deserve the credit and Belichick none? And on that note, what if Crenel and Weis blow it next year as head coaches? What does that say about Belichick?

The team won, the involves, players, coahes, staff...and quite frankly they all had to do their job well. Its pretty damn hard to win a Superbowl if all the peices aren't there, look how poorly the Patriots did in the Superbowl under Parcells.

Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:46 am
Full Fledged Member

With Moss possibly traded, how will Minnesota do? Running backs on the market: Blaylock or Johnson from KC, Goings Davis or Foster from Carolina, Henry from Buffalo. The landscape of the NFl will change, so who knows what is going to happen.

Wow, didn't expect Moss to be "traded" before he could be traded!!!

Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]