Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Picks/Talk on NFL Conf Game - Atlanta - Philly / Pitt - NE 

Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:11 pm
Site Owner

I gotta give credit where credit is due. The Eagles completely proved my prediction wrong. This was their year, and the fact that they lost TO did not make a difference. Great job Eagles. =D>

::extends hand to zing::

There is still a little room on the bandwagon for ya. Just make sure you remember where you came from, you do live in philly, so your welcome to join.

=D>

Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:12 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Zingaling wrote:
matatonio wrote:
:mad: bleh!!, screw the eagles, there going to lose the superbowl anyways!! :twisted:

I would have said the same thing 3 hours ago. The way they played today makes me believe they'll win. Especially if they're playing Steelers. If they play Patriots, I don't know.

The steelers have a great defense!....im going to keep my hopes up!

Offense....? :wink:

They're rookie QB can't handle the Eagles, and that's the cold heart truth. Plus, TO will return. He was fine today, dancin' around. Reid won't take any risks and he'll put Owens in the game. If you absolutely hate the Eagles, you better pray that Patriots win and are at the top of their game come Feb. 6.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:27 pm
College Boy Z

Zingaling wrote:
I gotta give credit where credit is due. The Eagles completely proved my prediction wrong. This was their year, and the fact that they lost TO did not make a difference. Great job Eagles. =D>

::extends hand to zing::

There is still a little room on the bandwagon for ya. Just make sure you remember where you came from, you do live in philly, so your welcome to join.

=D>

I'll join in shame for supporting Falcons the past few weeks. :razz:

Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:28 pm
Teh Mexican

matatonio wrote:
Zingaling wrote:
matatonio wrote:
:mad: bleh!!, screw the eagles, there going to lose the superbowl anyways!! :twisted:

I would have said the same thing 3 hours ago. The way they played today makes me believe they'll win. Especially if they're playing Steelers. If they play Patriots, I don't know.

The steelers have a great defense!....im going to keep my hopes up!

Offense....? :wink:

They're rookie QB can't handle the Eagles, and that's the cold heart truth. Plus, TO will return. He was fine today, dancin' around. Reid won't take any risks and he'll put Owens in the game. If you absolutely hate the Eagles, you better pray that Patriots win and are at the top of their game come Feb. 6.

.....well i dont hate them......i wanted the Falcons to win :cry: oh well,
if the Patriots win!, you bet im going to be praying the Eagles to win it!, (i really dont want another Patriot Superbowl win!)
i really cant care less about the Steelers!

Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:35 pm
Golfaholic

As predicted Pats are taking the Steelers apart. And they're going to do the same to the Eagles in two weeks. Man this will be a blow-out...

Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:57 pm
College Boy Z

31-10? Damn. I knew they were going to beat the Steelers, but wow.

As for Pats vs. Eagles, I don't think it'll be a blowout. It'll be close, if anything.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:41 pm
Teh Mexican

GOO STEELERS!! :D

Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:47 pm
Teenage Dream

Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:58 pm
Golfaholic

WOW. The Steelers are coming back.

they're trying to :wink:

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:01 pm
Site Owner

I am pretty confident, I think the Eagles can really stop the pats cold. We shall see.

The refs ripped the steelers, they should have overturned that INT.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

well thats it another TD by the Patriots :mad:

Patriots VS Eagles!.....SUPERBOWL!!

GoOoOoO EAGLES!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:36 pm
Teenage Dream

If TO plays, the Eagle shave a shot. They need every weapon they have for Bellichik's defense.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:37 pm
life begins now

Damn NE!!

Time to root for the Eagles!!

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:41 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
AS noone has mentioned this, I was only listening to the game on the radio.

Why didn't the Steelers go for it with 4 and 1 and a touchdown would had brought them to with a 7 point touchdown.

As they kicked the field goal, they were still down by 11 points. Still needed field goal and a 8 point touchdown.

Seemed stupid even at the time, they didn't try it. At worst NEW England starts from the 1 yard line.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIDE YOUR WOMEN & CHILDREN
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON
BUT REMEMBER*****GOLDIE*****ALWAYS KNOWS THE RIGHT/BETTER ANSWER
THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOLDIE

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

I agree Goldie. It was a bad choice to go for the Field Goal. Oh well...

Eagles vs. Patriots

I think it'll be a good one. And a close one, too. As long as TO plays, I think a win is in the bag for the Eagles.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:46 pm
Site Owner

Why didn't the Steelers go for it with 4 and 1 and a touchdown would had brought them to with a 7 point touchdown.

As they kicked the field goal, they were still down by 11 points. Still needed field goal and a 8 point touchdown.

Seemed stupid even at the time, they didn't try it. At worst NEW England starts from the 1 yard line.

Actually turned out to be the right call ....

the patriots went down and kicked a FG on their next drive ... making the lead 14 again and steelers ball with 8 min left. No big ben INT and maybe the steelers coulda been within 1 score only needing a stop to have a shot.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

I dunno. I liked the FG call. It kinda gives you a little wiggle room as far as being able to give the Pats a FG and still have a shot. Like Eagle said, it turned out to be the right call, but then Big Ben turned into a rookie again.

I'll really be pulling for the Eagles in two weeks. Like I said, I think they have a shot if TO plays and is 100% healthy.

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:50 pm
Teenage Dream

What the hell are those "They're Coming..." commercials for?

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:52 pm
Superman: The Movie

Goldie wrote:

the patriots went down and kicked a FG on their next drive ... making the lead 14 again and steelers ball with 8 min left. No big ben INT and maybe the steelers coulda been within 1 score only needing a stop to have a shot.

It wasn't the correct call at all. If you are on the 1-yard line, down by two touchdowns, knowing that you are going up against one of the best defenses in the league, you want to cut the lead down to 11, instead of 7? That touchdown makes that onside kick at the end of the game much more important, and the game also would've been managed differently by the Steelers coaching staff. And just like Goldie said, if the play doesn't work, the Patriots are backed in at their own 1-yard line, which sets up the possibility of a Safety. In order to win anything, you have to be willing to take risks, the Steelers didn't at the time they should've and it cost them.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:18 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Eagle wrote:
Goldie wrote:

It wasn't the correct call at all. If you are on the 1-yard line, down by two touchdowns, knowing that you are going up against one of the best defenses in the league, you want to cut the lead down to 11, instead of 7? That touchdown makes that onside kick at the end of the game much more important, and the game also would've been managed differently by the Steelers coaching staff. And just like Goldie said, if the play doesn't work, the Patriots are backed in at their own 1-yard line, which sets up the possibility of a Safety. In order to win anything, you have to be willing to take risks, the Steelers didn't at the time they should've and it cost them.

Reasons why they didn't go for it:

1. They were on the 2... and the last 3 plays they only gained 2 yards total.
2. If you don't get any points on that drive than you might as well give up.
3. It's the Patriots

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:32 am
Superman: The Movie

jmart007 wrote:
Eagle wrote:
Goldie wrote:

Reasons why they didn't go for it:

1. They were on the 2... and the last 3 plays they only gained 2 yards total.
2. If you don't get any points on that drive than you might as well give up.
3. It's the Patriots

1. But in what could be your final game of the year, you just don't stop doing what you have done to get you to the AFC Championship game, and that was their running. On that last play, Cowher proved that he didn't have any confidence at all in his offense.

2. Obviously football is a game of "What if's?", but if they go for it and score, the game is completely different. It turns out that instead of losing 41-24, they lose 41-27. There isn't really any difference there. 41-31 however is different, and instead of burning their timeout with 5 minutes to go, they would've held onto it.

3. That's exactly what you should go for it. How many opportunities are you going to get to score against this team?

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:46 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
After reading responses, I still think they should have gone for it. With the field goal, they were 2 scores behind - field goal, touchdown, 2 point conversion. ( HARD )

Plus they would have to stop NE everytime or the above would have gone to 3, 4, 5 scores.( HARDER ) And a touchdown to bring it to 7, maybe would have freaked NE.

Plus if NE started from the one and they stopped them, a punt would have gotten them the ball at mid-field.

To me, that is the way to win the game. Try to shove it down their throats.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIDE YOUR WOMEN & CHILDREN
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON
BUT REMEMBER*****GOLDIE*****ALWAYS KNOWS THE RIGHT/BETTER ANSWER
THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOLDIE

Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:01 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3