Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 The Less than Perfect thread 
No Wire Tampons!

Post The Less than Perfect thread
"Less Than Perfect" and "Hope and Faith" just made UK TV debuts on ABC1;

and whilst "Hope and Faith" seemed forced and dissapoints from the ads with a lack of comedic timing and overkill on the canned laughter ; "Less than Perfect" is as funny as it is warm and for me is already up there with "8 Simple Rules" and "Friends"

Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

I love Less Than Perfect. It's one of the most consistent shows on TV and it never gets its due.

Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:28 pm
No Wire Tampons!

The actresses and actors are all really great in their roles, especially the lead who was in Popular amoungst other good things.

Hope and Faith picked up a little - the open casket thing was quite funny, but Less than Perfect is hillarious. Not 8 Simple Rules or Friends hillarious, but right up there.
ABC always have good values impressioned in their comedies, wheras NBC in particular is keen to push on the younger, wilder viewers.

Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

Decided this is my favourite comedy now - probobly even ahead of 8 Simple Rules

Sara Rue is great. And Sherri Shepard is hillarious; Andrea Parker is beautiful too. Great show

Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:00 am
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

Actually, the past few episodes ive noticed they use canned laughter like 50% of the time and then they just use it like as a few giggles

It kind of impacts the hillarity of the show
Comedies should either have a fair old amount of canned gags or none at all. Less Than Perfect cant decide which one it is - imo canned laughter really helps this kind of punchline humour.

Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

WOAH, i just saw some pictures of SARA RUE at the premiere for BEAUTYSHOP
Shes always been a little more than curvy and thats been part of her charm; plus shes got a frame that probobly wouldnt support the anorexic look either

but
shes certainly trimmed down and looks fantastic.

Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:38 am
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

W00t Im excited; Sherri Shepherd is sending me a signed cast photo! Im so excited :D

She seems lovely. Oh i can't wait :D
I love the new outtakes which have started after each episode.

Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

WOAH, i just saw some pictures of SARA RUE at the premiere for BEAUTYSHOP
Shes always been a little more than curvy and thats been part of her charm; plus shes got a frame that probobly wouldnt support the anorexic look either

but
shes certainly trimmed down and looks fantastic.

I dunno, personally this really seems to go against the entire point they seemed to have about size acceptance, though maybe I'm wrong. Like, I know she had to lose about 30 pounds to even get the part, and she's consistently lost more and more weight until now she looks the size of any other TV actress. I mean, am I the only one who thinks that now she looks borderline unhealthy?

Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:57 am
La Bella Vito

Wow, she has lost so much weight since the series Popular, she used to be really chunky, but I'm so surprised at how thin she is looking. Personally, I liked her better when she was chunky.

Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:02 am
Profile YIM WWW
No Wire Tampons!

i think Rues of a particular body build where no matter how much weight she loses shes always going to seem quite big built; to be honest celebrities lose weight due to pressure in Hollywood more than anything else. I guess to have an acting career you HAVE to be thin, and that goes with all of our cultures perceptions of beauty.
I think she looks great either way; shes someone whos personality shines through.
Her husbands Scottish soo im in there for a chance if something goes wrong :D

Less than Perfects one of my top 4 favourite shows these days; i like it even more than 8 Simple Rules which i love.

I wish i had real ABC over here, man it has the best shows.

Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:27 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]