Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The 'Battlestar Galactica' Thread (Season 3) 
Lord of filth

Post The 'Battlestar Galactica' Thread (Season 3)
Expanding on BKB's older topic.

Battlestar Galactica... the single best show in the universe, even better than Lost and X-Files at their best, comes back to US TV on October 6th at 8pm (I think?) on the Sci-Fi channel and will air for 10 episodes (Season 3.0). Season 3.5 will begin in January with the remaining 9 or 10 episodes of season 3. They did something funky with the first two episodes so they were only in need of producing 9 more to meet the 20 episode limit. They will air the first two episodes of the season on that night as one episode.

This year there will be a focus on New Caprica and some more cylon centric stories. Themes of terrorist bombings and pandemics will play a big part of the series. Lee will keep his weight for awhile (it's prosthetics!), there will be a cylon discovered by mid-season, at least one well known character will die. All cast members are returning to the show this year, including Lucy Lawless and Dean Stockwell, who will have expanded roles and Michael Trucco who plays Anders will feature in at least 7 of the episodes that have already been filmed.

The season 3 trailers are here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7_ccvhY5-I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywlwdcRdcz8

3.0 Episodes:
3x01 - 10.06.2006: Occupation & Precipice
3x02 - 10.13.2006: Exodus, Part I
3x03 - 10.20.2006: Exodus, Part II
3x04 - 10.27.2006: Collaborators
3x05 - 11.03.2006: Torn
3x06 - 11.10.2006: A Measure of Salvation
3x07 - 11.17.2006: Hero
3x08 - 11.24:2006: Unfinished Business
3x09 - 12.01.2006: The Passage
3x10 - 12.08.2006: The Eye of Jupiter

3.5 Episodes:
3x11 - 01.xx.2007: Rapture
3x12 - 01.xx.2007: Taking A Break From All Your Worries
3x13 - xx.xx.2007: The Woman King
3x14 -
3x15 -
3x16 -
3x17 -
3x18 -
3x19 -

The 2 parters are the Exodus episodes, Torn/Measure of Salvation, Eye of Jupiter/Rapture (mid-season cliffhanger). The break in between 3.0 and 3.5 will only be one month, unlike last year's 3 month break.

To catch up on season 1.0, 2.0, 2.5, you can search for them on Amazon or Netflix.

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/w/index.ph ... =Main_Page is a great place for information on both versions of Battlestar.

Check out the Maxim spread: http://4work.pl/wordpress/2006/08/22/ba ... im-photos/

Last edited by andaroo1 on Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Lord of filth

By the way, last weekend NBC (who is owned by Universal) aired the special Battlestar Galactica: The Story So Far which was a recap of the series up until the end of Season 2.

This show will be available OnDemand on August 28th (today) and will also be one of the first shows available through X-Box Live.

Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Deleted two posts not having much with S3, but here is a page with some new footage.

http://media.tv.ign.com/media/821/821011/vids_1.html

Extended trailer (3m 10s - but whole first minute from the start of mini)
Plus previews (without Nickelback though :-))

Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:46 pm
Lord of filth

Yeah, in the OnDemand service, people can watch Battlestar: The Story So Far under the Cutting Edge > SciFi > Battlestar Galactica menu item, they show the trailer at the end.

Those clips are also on YouTube if you look for "Battlestar Season 3" and then look for a video that's about 3 mins. IGN requires login :S

Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:17 am
Profile WWW
Lord of filth

On this site, you can watch an interview with Jamie Bamber, who drops the bomb that not one but two of the supporting actors are GONE by episode 12. I know who one of them is, but the second one I have no clue.

He also mention that the producers state that one of the primary cast (Adama, Apollo, Starbuck, Six, Baltar, Sharon, Roslin) is slated to die in the last 8 episodes.

It's again refreshing to hear the interviewer talk about the "snub" of Battlestar and his opinion that Battlestar Galactica should be nominated for best drama series. Universal definately wants viewers, the NBC airing of the special and the OnDemand and Xbox stuff are great steps forward. Still I don't know how many people have Sci-Fi channel... I think it will be improtant to get the Season 3 DVDs out as soon as possible.

http://online.tvguide.com/special/Emmys2006/index.asp

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
From the big ones...I think it will be Roslin. Dying leader, that doesn't get to see Earth. That is, if we take it that she indeed is that leader. Even if not, think it would be her. Or I hope it would be her, considering other 'choices'.

As for supporters, guess I missed the first one as well, who is he/she?

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:41 pm
Lord of filth

[spoil]Ellen[/spoil] is pretty much confirmed.

I'm guessing the second will be [spoil]Tigh himself[/spoil]

Of the major cast members, it's only a guess. But yeah, Roslin is a good candidate. The producers have said in an interview that...

[spoil]Neither Battlestar Boomer or Pregnant Sharon (Caprica Sharon) will die this year[/spoil]

Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:28 pm
Profile WWW

Also, [spoil]Tigh might actually be one from 'primary' cast, as I kind of perceive him to be one. Maybe Jamie as well. Not in credits, but still, could be. I'd personally will hate this if happens, like ole bastard Saul.[/spoil]

Also, about deaths...Aaron Douglas(Tyrol) was apparently interviewed (can't find it), and said that he survives until atleast ep. 17, but after that, it's a fair game.

Btw, here's some review/preview/thoughts about season 3 pilot.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2006/08/31/battl ... arly-look/

This was interesting to me: [spoil]
Quote:
Someone who many suspected to be a Cylon last season looks not to be one. It's not explicitly stated, but when you see just the opening minutes of the two-hour season premiere, you'll likely come to the same conclusion.

Ellen? Gaeta? Jammer? For Jammer, was he in the ski mask telling Cally to run in one of the previews? Guess that could be it.[/spoil]

Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:00 pm
Also, cool(well, depending what actually happened there) spoiler picture.

[spoil]Image

Guy there might be just crew, but something tells me it's actually a character.[/spoil]

Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:03 pm
Lord of filth

That picture looks like Chief and a Number Three.

I know that Lucy Lawless has a [spoil]ten episode arc[/spoil]

I heard the same thing about Tyrol, but I'm not sure it matters, as I'm not sure most of the cast knows what happens after Episode 17. They still haven't filmed after Episode 12.

Regarding the Cylon thing, I've read somewhere that the other 5 cylon models, even the other cylons don't know who they are, it is possible (based on what I've read) that there is still double agents working in there.

It's interesting that Helo and Tigh are showing up in more promotional shots this year. I know it's going to be a gigantic year for the Helo character and...

[spoil]the reason why, I think Tigh dies is that they are going to play him as the ultimate hero of the cylon conflict. I think he's going to kick a lot of fucking ass this year and I can't wait to see it. But he loses an eye I believe, and I can't see him moving back and being the XO again. Also, Episode 7 involves "someone from Adama's past that is left behind", although it's NOT Tigh it sort of echos Adama leaving Tigh on the planet and escaping at the end of Lay Down Your Burdens II. I dunno. I'm probably wrong. I just hope Tigh kicks a lot of ass this year[/spoil]

Last edited by andaroo1 on Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I plan on catching up on the first two seasons, in time for the 3rd season premiere.

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:01 pm
scifi guru

I plan on catching up on the first two seasons, in time for the 3rd season premiere.

yeah! you do!

*can't wait*

"It's as if you're playing left-handed. Or like everyone else is playing with a tennis racket and you have a salmon. I moan about it a lot."

-Hugh Laurie about acting with an american accent.

Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:56 am
Profile WWW
scifi guru

has anyone seen the first webisode yet... was alright..

"It's as if you're playing left-handed. Or like everyone else is playing with a tennis racket and you have a salmon. I moan about it a lot."

Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:36 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

so...

whats a webisode?

Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:38 am
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

I'll have to do the same. Always wanted to watch this show but never found time.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:04 am
Commander and Chef

Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:16 am
Profile WWW
Emma wrote:
so...

whats a webisode?

Short videos about events between S2 and S3. It's on main sci fi page for BSG, though wont load for me.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:29 am
And You Tube comes to help, as many times before.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0BIxMgbcneA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed>

Not bad.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:54 am
scifi guru

Spanky wrote:
Emma wrote:
so...

whats a webisode?

Short videos about events between S2 and S3. It's on main sci fi page for BSG, though wont load for me.

yeah, its for people in the US only *grumble grumble*

trusty youtube!

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Great press conference with James Callis. Some spoilers ofcourse.

And what I particulary liked, was the way he talked about the show, more like a fan, than just an actor in it. Thumbs up. :-)

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vV4pxqnnuBY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed>

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:33 am
Nebs wrote:
Spanky wrote:
Emma wrote:
so...

whats a webisode?

yeah, its for people in the US only *grumble grumble*

trusty youtube!

Ah, that's why it didn't work. I hate those regional limits.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:35 am
scifi guru

Great press conference with James Callis. Some spoilers ofcourse.

And what I particulary liked, was the way he talked about the show, more like a fan, than just an actor in it. Thumbs up. :-)

thanks for the link!

he always seems like that in interviews! he's such a geeky fanboy really! hehehe! bless.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
scifi guru

promos yay!

http://pics.livejournal.com/drewcypher/ ... 0pp?page=1

Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:15 pm
Profile WWW

Most 'spoilerific' seems to be #5. And glad that happened...

Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:41 pm
Cream of the Crop

I can't wait for today's webisode even more :happy:

Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next