Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The "Prison Break: Season 2" Thread 
New Server, Same X

Post The "Prison Break: Season 2" Thread
I figured that, since the premiere is just a week and a half away (August 21st, peoples), I would start this thread now. Especially with the DVD release two days ago. Lucky for me, one of my local Walmarts put the DVD out a few days early, and I bought it this past Saturday, and watched all 22 episodes over the course of 3 days (while my computer was being fixed). I have to say I was really impressed with the show, and I was rarely bored by it, despite having seen it all before. I only found the pilot to drag a bit, just like when I originally watched it. Luckily, the "shock" ending where Michael reveals the blueprint tattoo to Lincoln pretty much kick-starts the season.

It was great seeing Abruzzi, T-Bag, Haywire, Tweener, Bellick, and Westmoreland again. And, of course, Dr. Tancredi. :blush:

I watched a "Making of" extra on the DVD, and I expected Robert Knepper (T-Bag) to be painfully ordinary. But, while he sounds nothing like his character, he does take the role and the show very seriously, and speaks highly of the show. I want to watch a few of the episodes with commentary, though.

ANYWAY, Season 2 begins August 21st. The premiere episode is entitled "Manhunt". Appropriate.

And... (major spoiler in spoiler tag)

[spoil]Dr. Tancredi is in critical condition. I was certain she was dead, but apparently not. I guess this explains all the "Sara is alive" rumors I've read. :tongue:[/spoil]

Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:58 pm
Orphan

Can't wait! About time there's finally something to watch.

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:35 am
New Server, Same X

I have the episode title for Episode 4 (possible major spoiler)

[spoil]Episode 4 is supposedly called "First Down". I would assume that means that one of the eight escapees is going down in this episode. My unfortunate prediction? John Abruzzi. Supposedly, according to The Futon Critic, Peter Stormare is only listed as a guest star, not series regular.

For those curious, other episode titles are:

Episode 1: Manhunt
Episode 2: Otis
Episode 3: Scan
Episode 5: Map 1213

These come from TV.com. I don't know if it's reliable, though.[/spoil]

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:40 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Dangit! So they are killing off Mr Abruzzi ,Mr X?

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:57 pm
New Server, Same X

Dangit! So they are killing off Mr Abruzzi ,Mr X?

Well first, that would be better in spoilers.

Second, I didn't say that. It was just my guess. It's not based on anything, other than the assumpsion that the episode "First Down" will feature the takedown of one of the escapees. I only think it might be Abruzzi, because the actor (Peter Stormare) is listed as a guest star, not a series regular.

I hope it isn't.

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:15 pm

Well as long as we get more Haywire Im fine with it. The guy needs his own show or movie

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:19 pm
New Server, Same X

Well as long as we get more Haywire Im fine with it. The guy needs his own show or movie

That would be great.

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:29 pm
New Server, Same X

Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:18 pm

One week till showtime.

Already season premiere next week?
Thats how much I have been watching Fox to be that oblivious to its premiere. 24 and Prison Break are basically the only two current shows worth watching at Fox

Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:20 pm
New Server, Same X

Mr. X wrote:
One week till showtime.

Already season premiere next week?
Thats how much I have been watching Fox to be that oblivious to its premiere. 24 and Prison Break are basically the only two current shows worth watching at Fox

Yep, one week from tonight is the Season 2 premiere.

Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:29 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Here is some interesting news I don't think was posted yet.

Caution Spoilers

[spoil]

William Fichtner has signed on to torment America's favorite convicts, joining the FOX drama as an FBI agent entrusted with tracking down the escapees.

As fans of "Prison Break" recall, the show's first season ended with our heroes -- including those played by Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell) -- going on the lam. What, you expected the government to just let them go? The manhunt, led by Fichtner's character, will be one of the centerpieces of the second season, which just began production in Texas.

Fichtner spent last season starring as Sheriff Tom Underlay on ABC's "Invasion," which generated a passionate, but small, following before its cancellation in May.

The intense character actor's movie credits include "Go," "The Longest Year," "Ultraviolet" and the upcoming "Blades of Glory."[/spoil]

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:45 pm

It looks like this season is going to take a Fugitive like story. Im glad that William Fitchtner joined the cast since he was being wasted in that awful Invasion series.

Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:27 pm
New Server, Same X

Season premiere tonight at 8EST on FOX, followed by the series premiere of "Vanished". Haven't heard much about Vanished, so I'll skip it.

Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:43 pm
The Kramer

did not see that coming.

Season 2 looks good though.

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:02 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Veronica :(. I don't really like Robin Tunney much, but I did quite like the Veronica character. Now who's going to help to prove Lincoln's innocence :(. The first episode was pretty good though; I like Fichtner's character a lot.

Watching Vanished now.. pretty good actually.

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Orphan

Great episode. Veronica always bothered me so no biggie. The convicts have always been the most interesting part of the show.

Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:10 am
Team Kris

HAHAHAHA poor Robin Tunney, easily a WTF moment for me!

Very good premiere and Fichtner is set up nicely as an anti-Michael...

Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:14 am

Wow sad to see Veronica go. Was the the reason why she was killed off because Robin Tunney wanted to pursue other projects? Anyhow did anyone get the impression near the end that the Secret Servent agent cut her body up into pieces since they were carrying a bunch of garbage bags into the trunk

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:12 am
Begging Naked

Wow sad to see Veronica go. Was the the reason why she was killed off because Robin Tunney wanted to pursue other projects? Anyhow did anyone get the impression near the end that the Secret Servent agent cut her body up into pieces since they were carrying a bunch of garbage bags into the trunk

I thought it was pretty obvious thats what they did.

And the creator has said he had the entire first two seasons planned out, so he might've planned that out all along.

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:19 am
Profile WWW
Team Kris

El_Masked_fuerte_grande wrote:

I thought it was pretty obvious thats what they did.

And the creator has said he had the entire first two seasons planned out, so he might've planned that out all along.

Yeah that was a pretty ugly way to exit the show. :wacko: So most everyone in Veronica's little subplot are dead... except for LJ and Kellerman (who were both strangely absent from the premiere hehe).

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:47 am
New Server, Same X

Now there's just one female castmember on the show. I can live with just Sarah Wayne Callies as the lone girl on the show!

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:23 pm
New Server, Same X

Michael Ausiello of TV Guide says this about Veronica's death: "As for why this happened, let's just say it was a creative decision and leave it at that."

Leads me to believe that perhaps it wasn't pre-planned.

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:25 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Michael Ausiello of TV Guide says this about Veronica's death: "As for why this happened, let's just say it was a creative decision and leave it at that."

Leads me to believe that perhaps it wasn't pre-planned.

I agree. Especially with Kristin's comments:

Quote:
From mysterymistress: I got to see PB's season premiere early, and I have one question: Was the character who isn't breathing too much (or at all) by the end supposed to have that happen all along, or was that done to make way for other casting changes (like the surprise return of another character)?
It's my sense the latter hypothesis is correct.

Wich makes me wonder if that means that they killed her off so Sara could live

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Oh! Also, some fan thinks they figured out what the dots at the end of Michael's note to Sara meant on the crane:

http://www.justjared.com/images/2006/08 ... theory.jpg

And the quote explaining it:

Quote:
Thanks to the detective work of White Cleats, it looks like we've broken the code to Michael Scofield's (Wentworth Miller) secret message hidden in Sara's (Sarah Wayne Callies) origami swam. It's similar to a type of encryption called substitution cipher -- each dot series represents a number. Once they're written out as such, if you add them in a column you get 9755867655, aka (975) 586-7655. RING, RING! "Hello, Wentworth?"

White Cleats adds, "Earlier in the season premiere episode, we were shown an itemized print out of Michael's credit cards bills, which listed an answering service; I'm fairly certain that's the number with which to call it." And Bingo was his name-o! If you missed Monday's Prison Break season premiere, watch it below!

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next