Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The "Commander-in-Chief" Thread 
Wallflower

Post The "Commander-in-Chief" Thread
I don't know why there wasn't already a thread for this made, especially since it's been on a couple of weeks already and is such a big hit. I hated having to make one because I didn't know how it was supposed to be done here. I never really make any show threads.

Anyway, I watched the first episode tonight (I recorded it when it aired again the Saturday after the Tuesday it debuted) and it was excellent. I'd give it something like an 8/10 (B+) and it seems like it will only get better. It's very interesting. My mom thought so as well. And the son on the show is f-ing HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Mmmm! :biggrin:

I'm glad this is such a huge hit and that I decided to check it out. I wish I could have seen the second episode (damn ABC for not airing an encore of it tonight :mad:) but I'm still going to watch the third. I can't wait! Especially since I know what's up with the son! :wub:

Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:59 am
Confessing on a Dance Floor

Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:10 am
Wallflower

what's up with the son??

*****SPOILERS*****
He's supposedly gay, which I found kind of obvious from the first episode alone :tongue:. My gaydar would have went off anyway had I not heard this before.
*****END SPOILERS*****

Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:14 am
Team Kris

I heard about that spoiler as well, Mike.

Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:20 am
Star Trek XI

I hate switching between Commander in Chief and Supernatural. I'm glad both shows are doing well for their networks.

Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:26 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I thought I recorded the first episode of Supernatural but it ended up not recording. Well, I kept recording the show anyway because an online friend is going to burn the pilot episode for me. So it sucks for me because I already have a show to record at this time and I plan on watching Commander-in-Chief, but now I'd like to watch My Name Is Earl too which just happens to be on at the same time. I wish they would move Earl to Thursday night's or something. But if I have to choose I'll go with Commander. It's an hour show and Earl is only a half hour so this one would kill more time.

Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:30 am
Wallflower

BOCHCO NEW COMMANDER OF COMMANDER IN CHIEF
Monday, October 10 2005

In a surprise announcement, ABC said over the weekend that it is replacing Rod Lurie as the "show runner" of its new hit Commander in Chief with Steve Bochco, best known for creating the crime dramas NYPD Blue, Hill Street Blues and L.A. Law. Lurie, a former movie critic at Los Angeles talk-radio station KABC, will remain as executive producer. Newspaper TV writers observed that it was highly unusual for such a change to be made after a show debuts with the kind of success that CiC has achieved. Saturday's Washington Post quoted sources as saying that Lurie and the network had creative differences about future episodes. The report was denied by an ABC spokesman. Today's (Monday) Daily Variety said that the changeover was necessitated because episodes were not being delivered in a timely fashion. In a statement Lurie said, "I've been a huge fan of Steven Bochco's for over two decades. I'm blown-away excited to see how much more he will electrify Commander In Chief."

I think this sucks. I like the show just as it is so far. I hope it doesn't change much.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:52 pm
Award Winning Bastard

I'd gladly bow to a President with a body like hers, implants or not, but she needs to lighten up on the makeup a bit, and is it just me, or does she seem like she has a lot of tension going through her jaws as she speaks?

Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:05 pm
Forum General

I'd gladly bow to a President with a body like hers, implants or not, but she needs to lighten up on the makeup a bit, and is it just me, or does she seem like she has a lot of tension going through her jaws as she speaks?

Ya, her facial structure when it comes to her mouth/jaw has always been a bit odd!

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:16 pm
Team Kris

Expect more nudity and swearing.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:54 pm
Hot Fuss

I totally called the son being gay on the first episode.. something about the way he got anxious over the diary of secrets later on, too.

Hehehe, good stuff.

Fluff.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Wallflower

Steven Bochco???

Well I'm just hoping he won't shy away from the gay thing. I don't know this guy so I don't know if he has a problem with it or not.

And I too thought he was gay right away. For one, he's much closer to his mom than his sister is :tongue:. I know that don't necessarily mean anything but just something about him set off my gaydar :biggrin:. I have really good gaydar. I even called Andrew on Desperate Housewives as gay at the beginning of the first season. Of course it helped that in the previews to Commander when the one kid at school tells the son that since he's the president's son girls would be dying to sleep with him or whatever the look on the son's face seemed like he was more worried than excited.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:44 pm
Begging Naked

Valley Guy 3.0 wrote:
Steven Bochco???

Well I'm just hoping he won't shy away from the gay thing. I don't know this guy so I don't know if he has a problem with it or not.

The guy created NYPD Blue, one of most controversial network shows of all-time. If anything, he's going to want to use it as much as possible. :tongue:

Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Mike wrote:
Valley Guy 3.0 wrote:
Steven Bochco???

The guy created NYPD Blue, one of most controversial network shows of all-time. If anything, he's going to want to use it as much as possible. :tongue:

Yup. NYPD Blue had a regular gay character - the longest running gay character on TV (I think, definitely longer than Matt from Melrose Place or Jack and Will from Will and Grace), not counting an obviously gay Simpsons character.

And the actor who played him is also gay in real life, Bill Brochtrup.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:53 pm
Wallflower

Mike wrote:
Valley Guy 3.0 wrote:
Steven Bochco???

Oh, lol. Then I guess I don't have to worry. Thanks guys :biggrin:.

Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:51 pm
No Wire Tampons!

Is this show any good?

Note to networks: Theres no need for an obligatory gay stock character who creates social friction and family turmoil. Really.

Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:55 pm
Profile WWW

Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:00 pm
No Wire Tampons!

Maverikk wrote:

Ya, her facial structure when it comes to her mouth/jaw has always been a bit odd!

Watch an episode of the Geena Davis Show - you'll soon realise that theres something wrong with that jaw. Its like she hates opening her mouth.

Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I just picked an ass spot.
Is this show any good?

Note to networks: Theres no need for an obligatory gay stock character who creates social friction and family turmoil. Really.

Well I doubt I would have even started watching if I didn't find out she had a hot gay son :tongue:. Plus, it will be perfect because of the whole gay rights issues going on now, the biggest one being gay marriage. They can obviously use this since the show deals with politics. I'm sure the issue of gay marriage would eventually come up and it would be interesting to see where her character would stand what with her son being gay and all. Besides, it's good exposure for gay people and could open up some minds. Plus it can make up for the evil gay son on Desperate Housewives ;). Though I still think he's hot anyway but most don't like the character because he's wicked :tongue:.

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:19 pm

"don't mess with my kids" - President of the United States of America

"oh, believe me, i SO want to mess with your son!" - Me

:hahaha: :lol: :happy: ;) :tongue: :biggrin: :hump: :clap: :clap2: :cheer: :shout: :2thumbsup: :excited: :shades:

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:37 pm
Romosexual!

"don't mess with my kids" - President of the United States of America

"oh, believe me, i SO want to mess with your son!" - Me

:hahaha: :lol: :happy: ;) :tongue: :biggrin: :hump: :clap: :clap2: :cheer: :shout: :2thumbsup: :excited: :shades:

eww gross :sick:

i rather mess with the daughter. :twisted:

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:49 pm

Post Re: The "Commander-in-Chief" Thread
woo hoo! go gina! i like it. good show.

but now, time for.....

Mike wrote:

Mmmm! :biggrin:

:sweat: :notworthy:

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:55 pm
Extraordinary

I'm glad Lurie is being "promoted" -- I love West Wing and other good political dramas, but based on what I have seen so far on CIC, it's a lot like Lurie's "Contender" film -- a liberal fantasy devoid of reality. All the good guys are liberals, and all conservatives are bad guys, and the good guys always win.

Now, obviously, I am a liberal too, but geez, I like a little bit of realism in my political dramas.

I'm enjoying the show so far, but it's no West Wing.

Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:53 pm
Profile WWW

yeah, it's no west wing. this one is entertaining! :hahaha:

Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:57 pm
Team Kris

(ack, I'm older than him??!???)

Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next