Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 'The O.C.' Thread 
problem?

Post 'The O.C.' Thread
The first season has been available on DVD since Tuesday, and the second season begins this coming up Thursday at 8PM/7c, so I thought it was about time for a thread on it. :D

I never watched The O.C. while it was on FOX this past season, but I picked up the DVD and couldn't help but fall in love. It was just so addicting, I had to know what happened next. I can't wait for season two to begin.

Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:19 pm
Indiana Jones IV

ahh the music in this show is amazing, its addicting even tho i think it sucks. but gah oh man i love the music. haha i love how i make no sense.

1. The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
2. The Royal Tenenbaums
3. No Country for Old Men
4. Rushmore
5. Being John Malkovich

Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

I have an almost psychotic obsession with this show. Help me.

Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:18 pm
Teenage Dream

Can't wait.

I have an almost psychotic obsession with this show. Help me.

Same here. I already have my DVR programmed to record the whole season.

Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:32 pm
Cream of the Crop

I only caught the last 6 or so episodes from the first season - loved them, but picked up the box set so I could eventually be aware of the events of the 1st season. I am eagerly anticipating Thursday night.

Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:44 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

YES!!!!!!! can't wait for this show tonight...i've seen every singel episode except for the first two because my family was like this show is really good and they got me addicted to it....gotta love CALIIIIIFORNIA here we come right back where we started from

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder - BUY THE BOOK NOW!!! On New York Times Best Seller List 9 Weeks in a Row

Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

YES!!!!!!! can't wait for this show tonight...i've seen every singel episode except for the first two because my family was like this show is really good and they got me addicted to it....gotta love CALIIIIIFORNIA here we come right back where we started from

:D Same, same, same.

Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:42 pm
problem?

And North Shore has been moved to after The O.C. I think that's a pretty good line-up, The O.C. then North Shore.

Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:41 pm
Sbil

Tonight! I can't wait.. :D

And North Shore has been moved to after The O.C. I think that's a pretty good line-up, The O.C. then North Shore.

Eh, if you say so. North Shore's seriously one of the worst things I've ever seen.

Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:49 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Post Just ehhhhhhhh.
is it just me or was the first episode kinda weak and disappointing? the music was just O.K. and nothing too dramatic happened. hopefully next weeks is better.

1. The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
2. The Royal Tenenbaums
3. No Country for Old Men
4. Rushmore
5. Being John Malkovich

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:05 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

I thought it did a good job of showing what a summer away from each other did to them. No one was happy, everyone seemed depressed. I'm glad that the separation only lasted an episode. I was worrying that they were going to drag it on for a couple. Hated Marissa's Incredible Hulk imitation, had to supress a laugh and mute the television.

I hope this doesn't mean its the last we see of Theresa I like her. I don't like her and Ryan, but she's cool. I'm sure Ryan will find out about the Baby, some time in February I'm guessing. So glad to see Kirsten embrace both Seth and Ryan at the end, further demonstrating that she considers Ryan a part of their family.

The music was a bit thin, but the story more than made up for that.

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy T

Wow. Talk about a change from what I've seen at moi school. The guys are obsessed with the show too!

What's so good about this show? From what I've heard, it's a soap opera with better acting.

The theme is catchy.

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:36 pm
Cream of the Crop

It's really hard to describe the show, I guess the soap opera analogy could be correct, except it's not that cheesy. It's easier to get into, to get more attached to the characters. The situations aren't as grandiose and unrealistic. The one thing that I really enjoy about the show is the humour, it's one of the funnier shows on television and that's thanks to the writing. It's a witty style of humour, not like Joey or shows of that nature, I like that.

Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:02 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

guess whats on in 4 minuts.....CALIFORRRRRNIAAAAAAAA

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder - BUY THE BOOK NOW!!! On New York Times Best Seller List 9 Weeks in a Row

Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Pooh. I want Seth and Summer to get back together :(

DJ, the yard guy, needs to get OUT! What a jerkface.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:19 pm
Cream of the Crop

He can take Marissa with him, what a whiny little girl. MB's "acting" skills are almost hampering my enjoyment of the show, which was a great one tonight.

Ryan's "I'll be silently brooding...over here" was hilarious. This episode was one of the funniest. Summer's smackdown of Seth was so on point, and while I like the two of them together I can see the reasoning behind not having them together, it makes sense that she wouldn't forgive him quickly.

Hailey's moving away? really? who cares. Her whole romance with Jimmy was boring. Focus more on Summer, Seth, Ryan and if they have to Marissa.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:29 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Summer is so hot god damn....why is DJ on the show? He wasn't on it before and that Marissa kept it a secret the whole summer was just stupid ....I want them to be together like last season which they will cuz Summer is gonna stay on the show

Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

it is the best thing ever to happen to TV
i have the box set. I loved summer's smack down on seth last night.
OH I LOVE IT
CANT WAIT TIL NEXT THURSDAY :D :D

i want oliver to come back, because it made the show so much fun
Teresa wont be gone for long because Ryan will eventually find out about the baby.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:12 pm
Profile WWW

Libs wrote:

He can take Marissa with him, what a whiny little girl. MB's "acting" skills are almost hampering my enjoyment of the show, which was a great one tonight.

Ryan's "I'll be silently brooding...over here" was hilarious. This episode was one of the funniest. Summer's smackdown of Seth was so on point, and while I like the two of them together I can see the reasoning behind not having them together, it makes sense that she wouldn't forgive him quickly.

Hailey's moving away? really? who cares. Her whole romance with Jimmy was boring. Focus more on Summer, Seth, Ryan and if they have to Marissa.

If only Hailey would take Marisa with her, they are both so *yawn*

Mischa Barton is attractive, but her acting skills rank up there with Mark "Paper Bag" Wahlberg.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:03 am
Cream of the Crop

The weird thing is, that while watching the first season on DVD, I didn't hate Marissa/MB at first. I actually liked her. She started losing me with the Luke/Ryan ordeal. Lost me with the Mexico incident and became completely irredeemable with Oliver. Worst. Story line. Ever!

I could only tolerate her with Ryan before, so now that it's no longer looking likely that they will be together I can do without her. Bring back Theresa - but I guess they're saving her for Ferbuary sweeps or something.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:00 pm
Profile WWW

The weird thing is, that while watching the first season on DVD, I didn't hate Marissa/MB at first. I actually liked her. She started losing me with the Luke/Ryan ordeal. Lost me with the Mexico incident and became completely irredeemable with Oliver. Worst. Story line. Ever!

I could only tolerate her with Ryan before, so now that it's no longer looking likely that they will be together I can do without her. Bring back Theresa - but I guess they're saving her for Ferbuary sweeps or something.

Navi Rawat can actually act, and Theresa is way more interesting then Marissa.

At first i didn;t mind Marissa either, but about half way through the season one she got irritating and by the time Oliver happened I started to think, why are you even interested Ryan?

The sooner Theresa comes back the better.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:06 pm
Cream of the Crop

Definitely, I started questioning Ryan too. I'm all for going out of the way to protect people, like when he read Oliver's records and the note to Marissa (in 1x17 The Rivals), but when the person you're 'protecting' is Marissa, is it really worth all the trouble?

I think Ryan and Summer would make an interesting couple.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Definitely, I started questioning Ryan too. I'm all for going out of the way to protect people, like when he read Oliver's records and the note to Marissa (in 1x17 The Rivals), but when the person you're 'protecting' is Marissa, is it really worth all the trouble?

I think Ryan and Summer would make an interesting couple.

when ryan and summer got into summer bedroom about her and seth hooking up i thought that ryan and summer are probably gonna hook up in the end ...cuz i like it alot better with summer and ryan rather than ryan and marissa

Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

I would like to see it too, but the more I think about it the more I know it's not going to happen. And not because there may not be any attraction or any sort of feelings between the two but I don't think Ryan would do that to Seth. Although that could develop into an interesting dynamic between the two, I just don't think the writers would do that to Ryan's character - it would be against everything they have made him out to be I think.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:02 pm
Profile WWW

I would like to see it too, but the more I think about it the more I know it's not going to happen. And not because there may not be any attraction or any sort of feelings between the two but I don't think Ryan would do that to Seth. Although that could develop into an interesting dynamic between the two, I just don't think the writers would do that to Ryan's character - it would be against everything they have made him out to be I think.

Ryan and Summer would make an interesting couple, but niether Ryan nor Summer would do that Seth, we don't need another Dawson-Joey-Pacey.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next