Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 839 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
 The 'Big Brother 6' Thread 
Speed Racer

Post The 'Big Brother 6' Thread
Big Brother 6 starts Thursday, July 7th at 8PM. It's a little over a week away. Im excited. They tore down the old house and built a brand new two-story one. The HOH room is up-stairs and has a see through spy glass of the bottom floor. The web-site is up and the cast has been revealed. The theme this season is "The Summer of Secrets". Looking through the cast it seems they have gotten worse in terms of "Hollywood Models." Everyone seems to be young and hot with not much divirsity. Below is a link to the site where you can see the cast. Can't wait.

Cast
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother6/

Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

Variety has just posted the main twist of this season. I like it and think it's inventive. Here's an excerpt.

As part of their annual effort to reinvent the game of "Big Brother," producers have come up with a scheme in which every cast member of "Big Brother 6" will walk into the house with a ready-made alliance -- a best friend, co-worker or significant other.

However, each pair of players will be told they're the only two participants coming into the house with a partner -- even though there will actually be seven teams of two playing the game. Teams also will be told to keep their alliances secret -- at least if they want to win the big money.

"The incentive is (for partners) to get to the end of the game sitting side by side," said Grodner. "If they do, the winner will get $1 million and the second-place person will get $250,000. It's in their best interests to keep it a secret."

If a twosome doesn't make it to the finals, winner will get the usual $500,000, while the runner-up will snag a measly $50,000.

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout ... ic&id=1071

Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:35 pm
Profile WWW
Some days I'm a super bitch

I like the twist. It adds a whole new dimension to the game. Is the POV still the same?

Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I like the effort for a new twist, but I always wondered how it would be without the twist. I don't think the last two seasons really compare to the third season (my favorite).

Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:08 pm

I like the effort for a new twist, but I always wondered how it would be without the twist. I don't think the last two seasons really compare to the third season (my favorite).

The introduction of the POV was actually the twist for that season. The second season was the best IMO, because it was so funny to watch Will be the only oxy-moron in a house full of morons.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
The Dark Knight

I love big brother and can't wait till Big Brother 6! Sounds fun! I always wondered how boring it really is to be in the house. Maybe I should try being on Big Brother 7.

Always be proactive

Animals are gods

Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Mr. X wrote:

The introduction of the POV was actually the twist for that season. The second season was the best IMO, because it was so funny to watch Will be the only oxy-moron in a house full of morons.

True, but that was more or less their way of bringing in a twist for the season, but it was only really just something new to the game. The fourth and fifth season (and now sixth) twists are much better.

I can't wait for this... I have most of Season 4 and all of Season 5 on tape. I'm a loser, I know.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:32 pm
Sbil

I'm a Big Brother addict, of course. Unfortunately, I'm going to miss about three weeks of the show while I'm away, and those are towards the beginning of the show's run.

I'm trying to work it out with someone that they could tape the episodes for me, but I'm not sure it will work out. Boo.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:45 pm
Cream of the Crop

I'm a Big Brother addict, of course. Unfortunately, I'm going to miss about three weeks of the show while I'm away, and those are towards the beginning of the show's run.

I wouldn't worry most of the good backstabbing doesn't occur until the latter half of the game. I hope the contestants this year are less repulsive. If CBS put another Jase, Scott or Cowboy on the show, I'm going to have to long for the days of Alison, Jun and Robert - and nobody should have to do that.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Libs wrote:

I wouldn't worry most of the good backstabbing doesn't occur until the latter half of the game. I hope the contestants this year are less repulsive. If CBS put another Jase, Scott or Cowboy on the show, I'm going to have to long for the days of Alison, Jun and Robert - and nobody should have to do that.

Oh yes, the Meatheads of Big Brother 5. I hated them too. It's too bad Jase only became mildly tolerable once he was pretty much done for. Michael was such a moron. Drew was no better, either. Diane was probably my pick to win, but come to think of it, most people weren't likeable last year. I wish Mike (Godfather guy from the start of the season) lasted longer. I don't ever recall seeing someone like him, in the position he could have been in, get voted off like that. It was like the week was pointless, since there was never an indication that people wouldn't vote him out.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:17 pm
Cream of the Crop

The best is reading the live feed updates on the net, because yes - I am that sad. I hope the people at Hamster Time are back and that the producers lessen the amount of Front of the House shown.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

AgentX wrote:
Libs wrote:

Oh yes, the Meatheads of Big Brother 5. I hated them too. It's too bad Jase only became mildly tolerable once he was pretty much done for. Michael was such a moron. Drew was no better, either. Diane was probably my pick to win, but come to think of it, most people weren't likeable last year. I wish Mike (Godfather guy from the start of the season) lasted longer. I don't ever recall seeing someone like him, in the position he could have been in, get voted off like that. It was like the week was pointless, since there was never an indication that people wouldn't vote him out.

Last years final 3 sucked :mad: I was rooting for Nakomis to win. Any guesses by looking at the pics of who's paired with who? Kaysar and Ivvette look like they could be boyfriend/girlfriend.Also, does anyone else find it a bit odd that theres 8 girls and only six boys. Wonder why they didn't go with an even 7-7 split.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Oh, by the way. I read that Ivette is apparently a lesbian.

Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:36 pm

Alison from Big Brother 4 was probably the most annoying and hatefull reality-tv contestant that I ever had to endure. The fact that she made it all the way to the final two was unbearable.

I enjoyed her briefly-lived bitter and hilarious stint on The Amazing Race. It almost made up for it. Almost.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:02 am
Profile WWW
The French Dutch Boy

It annoys me that they put 6 guys and 8 girls on the show. I don't know why. You'd think I'd be happy, because more females to look at, but I just want any possible male on female alliances to be even and stuff. Meh.

The new twist for this season I think is really cool, actually. It's actually not lame.

And everyone, based on the pictures, look like personality-less models. I don't even necessarily need diversity in terms in terms of age, but some diversity in personality. They look like robots. I hope they aren't all bland and forgettable.

PEACE, Mike ;)

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:22 am
The French Dutch Boy

The oldest person is 36. And the majority of the contestants are in their 20's. Geeze... what happened to representing the older age bracket, and having at least one old male and one old female? Or how about throwing in and 18 or 19 year old to spice things up? I guess they have to appeal to the right age bracket for ratings.

PEACE, Mike ;)

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:32 am
Orphan

They certainly need to liven up the casting a little bit. Diversity is good. Just look at the first season of Survivor with Rudy, a then 72 year-old former Navy SEAL and still one of the most memorable personalities to ever appear in a reality show.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:36 am
Indiana Jones IV

big brother honestly makes me summer worth-while i cannot wait. but i agree with the casting situation, it definitley needs more diversity.

i also think they should try what they did in season 1 again, when the ammerican public voted off the people.
i thought that was interesting.

1. The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
2. The Royal Tenenbaums
3. No Country for Old Men
4. Rushmore
5. Being John Malkovich

Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:12 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

AgentX wrote:

Alison from Big Brother 4 was probably the most annoying and hatefull reality-tv contestant that I ever had to endure. The fact that she made it all the way to the final two was unbearable.

I enjoyed her briefly-lived bitter and hilarious stint on The Amazing Race. It almost made up for it. Almost.

I remember Alison and Donny on this Detour they had to do, the one where they had to walk about 10 dogs at the same time. Alison was all like "Donny, mine keep having sex!" Hehehehe.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:33 am
Full Fledged Member

I think the "summer of secrets" is going to yield us 2 new guys in some way shape or form. Never has there been an unequal beginning!!

Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

Oh, by the way. I read that Ivette is apparently a lesbian.

I also read that somewhere. Maybe her partner is in the house with her?

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
life begins now

So far, Janelle looks to be the only clear weirdo. Her favorite movie is Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and her favorite drink is water. Those are the times when you pull out the 5th and put "none."

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:00 pm
Profile YIM
Speed Racer

So far, Janelle looks to be the only clear weirdo. Her favorite movie is Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and her favorite drink is water. Those are the times when you pull out the 5th and put "none."

Did you see Kaysar's favorites? Most.Boring.Person.Ever. At least Janelle answered.

Last edited by rhyno on Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
The French Dutch Boy

Based on their "favourites" profiles, I think I'm going to really like Eric the most.

PEACE, Mike ;)

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:02 pm
New Server, Same X

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|96008|1|,00.html

So, it seems, the old house is gone forever. We've got a brand new house, which sounds bigger and hopefully better. Although, I must say, I never got tired of the other house. I thought it was great. Hopefully the new digs for the houseguests will be as good or better.

Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 839 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next