Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 The '24' Thread 
New Server, Same X

Post The '24' Thread
January 9th is the return of TV's best dramatic series. Well, I think it's the best. With a nearly complete cast overhaul, 24 is returning with only two familar faces. Jack Bauer and Chloe will return, with Reiko Aylesworth also confirmed for some sort of appearance this season as Michelle Dessler. January 9th welcomes a two hour premiere, followed on the 10th by ANOTHER two hour episode. Discuss!

Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:06 pm
The Dark Knight

I love this show but not sure if I will beable to watch it intill the full season dvd comes out. Thats what I did with the first two seasons and I loved it! Still can't believe I didn't see it intill this year. Excellent show!

Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:11 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

As long as they don't include another: co-worker romance/getting stuck with a baby/Amnesia/Coyote Chase/Weird guy in the woods plot line I'm sure it will be a great season. I'm glad they are going to be showing it in succession, without multiweek breaks, that was hell the past couple seasons.

I'm a bit unsure of having Chloe back, wasn't that big a fan of her character in the third season. But I'm all for cleaning house and keeping Jack. Things are always more interesting when he's the focus, sawing people's heads off, shooting his boss in the head - It's always a party when Jack Bauer is in town.

Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:26 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

As long as they don't include another: co-worker romance/getting stuck with a baby/Amnesia/Coyote Chase/Weird guy in the woods plot line I'm sure it will be a great season. I'm glad they are going to be showing it in succession, without multiweek breaks, that was hell the past couple seasons.

I'm a bit unsure of having Chloe back, wasn't that big a fan of her character in the third season. But I'm all for cleaning house and keeping Jack. Things are always more interesting when he's the focus, sawing people's heads off, shooting his boss in the head - It's always a party when Jack Bauer is in town.

The Jack Bauer Power Hour, baby! I can't wait.

Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:33 am
Grill

I'm going to a party for the premiere! My all time favorite show.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:18 pm
You must have big rats

Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
Grill

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:58 pm
You must have big rats

Lucky!!

Not really...it's the 3rd, not the 4th season...

Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
Golfaholic

MovieGeek wrote:
Lucky!!

Not really...it's the 3rd, not the 4th season...

Season 3 is great! I think they really rebounded from Season 2, integrating Kim much better and I just love DB Woodside as Palmers brother. Plus: Reiko is gorgeous :lol:

Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:13 pm
New Server, Same X

For all the backlash Season 3 got, I thought it was still good. Some people expect too much sometimes.

Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:08 pm
New Server, Same X

:D Supporting the return of my favorite TV show for this Sunday and Monday, for a four-hour Jack Bauer power hour marathon!

Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:25 pm
Forum General

USA Today gave the premiere a glowing four star review, saying that the tweaking of the show works well.

I loved the first season, missed most of the second, and only saw a few episodes of the third. I can't guarantee that I'll be following the show from start to finish, but I'll definitely be watching the premiere.

Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:45 am
Profile WWW
I just saw the show for the first time (I never paid attention to it before) and kicks ass! The terrorism plotline is too eery because you can totally see unwrap in the real life. The show also takes on torture, war protesters, the Internet conspiracies, etc. And it all somehow makes sense.

The ONLY gripe I have with the show so far is the amount of yuppies and teenagers awake at 7am. I mean, that's just not realistsic.

Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:07 pm
Cream of the Crop

I had a lengthy reply but it got eaten, so here's an abridged version.
Loved the premiere 2 hrs, thought it was better than Seasons two and three, but not quite up to Season one and the Airplane brilliance. Liked most of the new staff at CTU except for the boss who seems to have a permanent ugly face on. Also why can't they find a runner of CTU that actually likes Jack and has no problems with him for the full day. Liked Chloe a lot more than Season 3 Chloe.

Loved the Terror family, they are really interesting, hated the girlfriend - but hopefully she will be dead soon. Liked seeing Jack back in action, yelling, shooting people again - it's been a long wait. Didn't like the romance angle, I mean I know he has to have some sort of personal interest in it - but I'd much rather see Jack going all crazy on a terrorist than pining after his kidnapped love interest. Hopefully the latter won't come to pass.

I'm glad the kidnapping will only take up another 4hrs (hopefully) of the story, because I was expecting something grander to happen at 8am. All in all thought a terrific start to the season and I do see potential for it to eclipse season one, the best part only 22 more hours until the next episode!

Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:34 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

I'm so happy I don't have to wait that long for the next episodes!

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:13 am
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
24 is one show where every week is a great cliff-hanger and you are dying to see the next episode.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIDE YOUR WOMEN & CHILDREN
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON
BUT REMEMBER*****GOLDIE*****ALWAYS KNOWS THE RIGHT/BETTER ANSWER
THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOLDIE

Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:52 am
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

Its ratings are in, averaged 14.8 million viewers, dropping 40% from the NFL game in households, but no one knows how it held in viewers.

Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Its ratings are in, averaged 14.8 million viewers, dropping 40% from the NFL game in households, but no one knows how it held in viewers.

Wasn't it 15.4 million for the first hour, 14.35 million for the second getting the average of 14.8? That's what I read anyway. For only a 7% hour to hour drop off rate against the mammoth hit Desperate Housewives and a member of the Law and Order series, not bad.

On to tonights two hour block, it was an exciting night of television. Although FOX once again came through with its history of broken promises. The most shocking event of the evening happened halfway through the second episode, not at the end. I totally didn't see the poision tea coming, I thought 24 would have done the more graphic way of killing Debbie. Glad to see that TerrorMom is pure evil. Yay! That whole family is the most interesting part of the show. I am glad they are getting a prominent role.

Renegade Jack is getting a bit old, has there been a season where he hasn't been acting on his own for what he thinks is the greater good? I mean, it's lost a lot of its impact. The whole mercury mart robbery was pretty boring, he really goes all out with his distractionary tactics doesn't he? No doing things half way for Jack.

I can grow to like Aisha Tyler's character..IF she is given more to do than spy on other workers and be involved in yet another relationship gone awry. What's equally as upsetting is we get introduced to yet another CTU employee who has a relative that causes problems. This time its the boss and she has to circumvent the law in order to get her daughter out of trouble with the cops. Oh will these wacky family hijinx never end?

And I was a bit disappointed with the ending tonight, so Jack gave himself up to the cops - I wonder how he's gonna get out of this one now that the only friend he had at CTU is under arrest and he doesn't have the President to bail him out of jams anymore.

Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:14 am
Profile WWW
They're setting up the CTU head to be the villain, which gets really boring really fast. She probably isn't, but I guess in the end she will be cited for incompetence or some other stuff like that. Big whoop

Other than that, the show's been rocking so far. I'm pissed that I didn't check out the first 3 seasons of the show.

Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:55 am
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Naturalflux7 wrote:

Wasn't it 15.4 million for the first hour, 14.35 million for the second getting the average of 14.8? That's what I read anyway. For only a 7% hour to hour drop off rate against the mammoth hit Desperate Housewives and a member of the Law and Order series, not bad.

On to tonights two hour block, it was an exciting night of television. Although FOX once again came through with its history of broken promises. The most shocking event of the evening happened halfway through the second episode, not at the end. I totally didn't see the poision tea coming, I thought 24 would have done the more graphic way of killing Debbie. Glad to see that TerrorMom is pure evil. Yay! That whole family is the most interesting part of the show. I am glad they are getting a prominent role.

Renegade Jack is getting a bit old, has there been a season where he hasn't been acting on his own for what he thinks is the greater good? I mean, it's lost a lot of its impact. The whole mercury mart robbery was pretty boring, he really goes all out with his distractionary tactics doesn't he? No doing things half way for Jack.

I can grow to like Aisha Tyler's character..IF she is given more to do than spy on other workers and be involved in yet another relationship gone awry. What's equally as upsetting is we get introduced to yet another CTU employee who has a relative that causes problems. This time its the boss and she has to circumvent the law in order to get her daughter out of trouble with the cops. Oh will these wacky family hijinx never end?

And I was a bit disappointed with the ending tonight, so Jack gave himself up to the cops - I wonder how he's gonna get out of this one now that the only friend he had at CTU is under arrest and he doesn't have the President to bail him out of jams anymore.

I think all was expected. I knew the mother was going to kill the girl - she had implied earlier, how important things are.

I wanted the kid to switch glasses and take the poison himself.

On Jack, I am glad he isn't on the lam anymore. That lone wolf stuff gets old. I bet you within a short time, someone will realize he is the man and they will give him the lead to run the show.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIDE YOUR WOMEN & CHILDREN
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON
BUT REMEMBER*****GOLDIE*****ALWAYS KNOWS THE RIGHT/BETTER ANSWER
THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOLDIE

Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:32 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I skipped all comments on Hours 3 and 4 (aka Episodes 3 and 4, for any NON 24 fans who stumble upon this... grr to you). I just watched the first two hours, and I CANNOT believe how amazing this show is. I don't know if it's the nearly clean slate of new characters, the incredibly long hiatus in between seasons, or just an overall stronger effort, but I LOVED the first two hours. And I even loved last season, which some thought wasn't up to par with previous seasons. This was the best premiere of all four seasons. Just a tad better than Season 1. I am absolutely hooked again. I started to wonder if I was going to be naming "Lost" the best show of the season. Not a chance in hell. JJ Abrams' new show can stick for second (or third, depending on how well "Alias" holds up), because "24" has sky-rocketed to my favorite show on television again. No one else can do drama and suspense better than the cast and crew of "24". No one.

Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:56 pm
I am trying to figure out what's in the briefcase and what the threat will be this year. The kidnapping will be resolved soon and Jack will be taken back into the fold.

That leaves 18 hours or so of trying to stop the threat.

Assassination, nuke, bio-attack, then what?

Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:17 pm
Cream of the Crop

A stellar episode tonight, which greatly reduced my hatred of Erin. Now all that's standing in her way from complete likeability is that crazy daughter of hers. Who just screams 'Kim vs. Coyote Redux' in way of moronic subplots. A lot of the ill will I had towards Erin vanished after she showed apparent genuine concern for Jack in the closing moments of the show. Trying to convince Jack not to go in the building was never gonna work and not just because Jack's GF is in there. I'm glad to see Jack going in, it will give him an opportunity to release some agression, and prevent him from robbing any convenience stores.

Chloe in her last moments at CTU were great. I hated her last season, but this year she's the best character at CTU. Loved her techno telling off of her would be spy, "amateur" indeed. I do hope this isn't the last we see of her, as the rest of the staff at CTU are somewhere in the tolerate to despise zone.

Terror Family is the creepiest family on television. Especailly the Mother, Deena. Her eyes just scream "I'm gonna appear all nice and loving, then do something evil like poison your daughter". The dad may seem like the ringleader but I've got a feeling the Mother sees whatever they've got going on through to completion.

Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Debbie's mum will die. The only question is how many other people Dina Araz will have to kill. Debbie's dad?

Im dying to find out what's in the briefcase. If Keller's internet murder was to be the jumping off point to a day full of mayhem and murder, there must be something big in the wings.

It can't be codes in the briefcase...no virus either or bio weapon.

My personal theory would be some sort of black box EMP weapon or super computer virus to shut down commerce and the power grid, leaving the US blind and open to physical attacks.

Imagine almost an entire season of 24 without electricity. No cellphones, no computers, CTU out of order, it would higher than high concept.

Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:51 pm
You think it's the briefcase from Pulp Fiction? ;-)

Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 234 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next