Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 23795 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 574, 575, 576, 577, 578, 579, 580 ... 952  Next
 Japan Box-Office: On Hiatus 
Star Trek XI

Post Re: Japan Box-Office: Demon Slayer Obliterating Record Books
Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Nice hook at the end of the series.

Also, what would happen if it beat the record in one currency but not the other?

Local currency record is what matters.

Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:09 am
Star Trek XI

Corpse wrote:
Right? All the Japanese are at home reading Demon Slayer and playing Animal Crossing between their Zoom calls while having a Lemon Sour cocktail.

And they basically do the same when they go out with a face mask on (probably featuring Demon Slayer art), except now they're watching Demon Slayer in theaters, take Animal Crossing on the go, and sip Lemon Sour under their masks using a straw.

I wish there were reactions like BOT.

Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:13 am
Star Trek XI

count me IN for 2020 WW topper. Japan will mostly do $360-375mn on its own. Taiwan gonna do $13-15mn as well. If Taiwan is that big, can expect China to be at least 7-10x that, the lowest I have seen is 5.25x of Dragon Ball Super: Brolly. These 3 gives $463mn in low end and $540mn in high end of that 7-10x thing.

But even it follow DBS:B's 5.25x should mean $68-79mn China, which is more than enough.

Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:16 am
Forum General

charlie jat wrote:
count me IN for 2020 WW topper. Japan will mostly do $360-375mn on its own. Taiwan gonna do $13-15mn as well. If Taiwan is that big, can expect China to be at least 7-10x that, the lowest I have seen is 5.25x of Dragon Ball Super: Brolly. These 3 gives $463mn in low end and $540mn in high end of that 7-10x thing.

But even it follow DBS:B's 5.25x should mean $68-79mn China, which is more than enough.

For some reason I thought The Eight Hundred was over $500m, but damn at this possibility.

Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:04 am
Full Fledged Member

charlie jat wrote:

Of all the records and "firsts" that Demon Slayer has broken, "First Japanese movie to top the Worldwide Box Office" (if it happens) might be the one that never gets broken again, not even in a hundred years (for very special reasons obviously). In fact, has there ever been a time in cinematic history where a Hollywood movie didn't top the WW BO?

Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:32 am
Angels & Demons

Corpse wrote:

Favorite (main four) character?
Favorite Hashira? (little to go in the first season, but their general personalities* are revealed at least)
Favorite demon so far?

*That I know of. Haven't finished the manga yet.

(Anyone can reply, as long as no spoilers are posted. And maybe just keep to season one/movie material.)

Tanjiro, zenitsu, inosuke and Nezuko are mg fave characters
Rengoku is my fave hashira, 2nd is Shinobu then Sanemi/Giyuu (they're tied)
Favorite demon is Akaza. Great character design all upper moon demons have great character designs.

Last edited by chQta on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:42 am
Angels & Demons

Agafin wrote:
charlie jat wrote:

Of all the records and "firsts" that Demon Slayer has broken, "First Japanese movie to top the Worldwide Box Office" (if it happens) might be the one that never gets broken again, not even in a hundred years (for very special reasons obviously). In fact, has there ever been a time in cinematic history where a Hollywood movie didn't top the WW BO?

I am on board with this one as well!!

Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:43 am
Star Trek XI

Corpse wrote:

Favorite (main four) character?
Favorite Hashira? (little to go in the first season, but their general personalities* are revealed at least)
Favorite demon so far?

*That I know of. Haven't finished the manga yet.

(Anyone can reply, as long as no spoilers are posted. And maybe just keep to season one/movie material.)

This is based off Season 1 impressions and the train arc in the manga:

1. Tanjiro, but Zenitsu and Inosuke make me laugh the most in the show.
2. Shinobu
3. Akaza

Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:49 am

Corpse wrote:
As of Tuesday 2PM, the first holiday the film has had, it's aiming for around 800,000 admissions at the usual locations, and accounting for the better share that rural locations have on weekdays (~33% versus ~25% on weekends), we can probably safely predict it exceeding 1.1 million admissions overall for the day. Only looking at a 300%+ increase over last Tuesday.

That'll give it around ¥1.4/1.5 billion ($13/14 million+) today if it holds steady. Higher than its opening day, and higher than either this past Saturday or Sunday.

:nutso:

Corpse, can you post last weekend actuals ?

Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:07 am
The Incredible Hulk

So if should be the last day for Demon Slayer above 1 million admissions, is it still possible for Demon Slayer to hit 10 of his days into the top 10 days of the Japanese box office ?

Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:11 am
Wall-E

Looks like it'll hover around its opening day actually (maybe a tad lower), afternoon and evening dropped off a lot compared to its ridicolous morning showings.

Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:49 am
Angels & Demons

LPLC wrote:
So if should be the last day for Demon Slayer above 1 million admissions, is it still possible for Demon Slayer to hit 10 of his days into the top 10 days of the Japanese box office ?

I think it's possible. The only day DS needed to top is Frozen's Tuesday which was done today I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) and there are still events which Corpse said like after the airing of Episode 25 and 26 on primetime (with 8-9 million viewers, if I remember correctly) and the release of Volume 23 would invite fans to rewatch the movie again so who knows! Watching the Mugen Train's performance in the box office is like a movie in itself.

Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:52 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yes, the evening showings really slowed, more than I expected. Bur it's a weekday, not unusual.

The day is still on par with this past Saturday and its opening day, and still allows it to have the biggest eight single days (and the Tuesday record) but it'll be shy of 1 million admissions--still likely broke 900,000 though.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:33 am
Profile WWW
The Dark Knight

Agafin wrote:
charlie jat wrote:

Nope. At least not since WW1.

And it might get broken again...if there's another pandemic. :ninja:

Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:46 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

chQta wrote:
LPLC wrote:

I think it's possible. The only day DS needed to top is Frozen's Tuesday which was done today I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) and there are still events which Corpse said like after the airing of Episode 25 and 26 on primetime (with 8-9 million viewers, if I remember correctly) and the release of Volume 23 would invite fans to rewatch the movie again so who knows! Watching the Mugen Train's performance in the box office is like a movie in itself.

Since today is going to fall a bit shy of 1 million admissions, then it probably won't get there again.

If any days have the potential, the they'd be 11/23 (Labour Day), 12/01 (Ladies' Day and Discount Day), and 12/05 (Sunday after season one's finale is broadcast in prime time and the release of the manga's last volume).

We need to watch for any giveaway events though. It's common for studios of anime films like this to reward the fans with a giveaway in theaters throughout their runs. And with a base and general audience awareness at record levels for this movie, such an event will bring out a lot of people (repeat viewers).

Regardless, it's had 5 days over 1 million admissions. Before it, no films had done this, and only one had even done 800,000 (estimated).

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:49 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Khanhspm wrote:
Corpse, can you post last weekend actuals ?

Yep, later today (sonner than later). I wait an extra day on big weekends like this to make sure all the numbers are in in case it cracks the Biggest Aggregated Weekend list (which it did, the third weekend in a row of 2020 to do it).

Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:53 am
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

Agafin wrote:
charlie jat wrote:
In fact, has there ever been a time in cinematic history where a Hollywood movie didn't top the WW BO?

There may be some Indian films in old era due to currency being better and golden age of box office in 1940-1970s + a big market of USSR in overseas, but not entirely sure. Ticket prices in India were $0.35 or so in 1950s, around same as USA, so bigger population would have helped.

Found this one, which was claimed to be 2nd biggest in world during 1948-50, watched by 33mn people in India.
https://i.ibb.co/k2sFMt9/IMG-20201025-222423.jpg

Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:34 am
The Incredible Hulk

Corpse wrote:
chQta wrote:
LPLC wrote:

Since today is going to fall a bit shy of 1 million admissions, then it probably won't get there again.

If any days have the potential, the they'd be 11/23 (Labour Day), 12/01 (Ladies' Day and Discount Day), and 12/05 (Sunday after season one's finale is broadcast in prime time and the release of the manga's last volume).

We need to watch for any giveaway events though. It's common for studios of anime films like this to reward the fans with a giveaway in theaters throughout their runs. And with a base and general audience awareness at record levels for this movie, such an event will bring out a lot of people (repeat viewers).

Regardless, it's had 5 days over 1 million admissions. Before it, no films had done this, and only one had even done 800,000 (estimated).

Some days ago you predicted $162M by Tuesday and we are actually at $169M by Tuesday it's wonderful and even if it miss the 1 million admission today it's still incredible

Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:07 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Japan Box Office: Weekend Actuals (10/31-11/01)
(C)吾峠呼世晴/集英社・アニプレックス・ufotable

Weekend Actuals (10/31-11/01):
01 (01) ¥2,498,667,150 ($23.9 million), -18%, ¥15,799,365,450 ($150.4 million), Demon Slayer: Mugen Train (Toho/Aniplex) WK3
02 (---) ¥181,555,150 ($1.7 million), 0, ¥257,994,600 ($2.5 million), The Voice of Sin (Toho) NEW
03 (---) ¥107,952,960 ($1.0 million), 0, ¥107,952,960 ($1.0 million), Pretty Cure Miracle Leap! A Mysterious Day With Everyone (Toei) NEW
04 (02) ¥x80,547,520 ($769,000), -38%, ¥427,267,160 ($3.8 million), Your Eyes Tell (Gaga) WK2
05 (03) ¥x68,314,430 ($652,000), -43%, ¥497,290,960 ($4.7 million), Twiceborn (Nikkatsu) WK3
06 (---) ¥x52,440,460 ($501,000), 0, ¥x73,124,170 ($0.7 million), Tonkatsu DJ Age-Taro (Warner Bros.) NEW
07 (04) ¥x45,382,420 ($433,000), -36%, ¥2,535,810,080 ($24.1 million), Tenet (Warner Bros.) WK7
08 (05) ¥x44,668,800 ($426,000), -23%, ¥1,684,039,800 ($16.1 million), Violet Evergarden: The Movie (Shochiku) WK7
09 (06) ¥x33,469,300 ($319,000), -41%, ¥1,053,590,950 ($10.0 million), The Asadas! (Toho) WK5
10 (07) ¥x14,710,900 ($140,000), -36%, ¥182,659,910 ($1.7 million), Wife of a Spy (Bitters End) WK3

>Demon Slayer: Mugen Train still on top. And like the past two weeks, we've been discussing the film enough to where there's nothing else to really say in this post. If you have any questions, check the past several pages regarding its third weekend (or just ask me or the forum again).

>The Voice of Sin opened in second place, selling 145,000 admissions over the weekend frame across 344 screens, and sold 201,214 admissions over its first three-days in release. A very distant second obviously, but this is a pretty solid debut this time of year and should give Toho another ¥1 billion (~$10 million) earner for the year.

>Pretty Cure Miracle Leap! A Mysterious Day With Everyone debuted in third place, selling 97,372 admissions over the weekend on 239 screens. This film was originally scheduled back in the Spring, but got delayed and rescheduled here due to COVID. Not a very good opening here, certainly below the average the franchise posts each year, but in its defense, it was very limited in its seating/showtimes due to Demon Slayer and The Voice of Sin getting most of the leftover medium-sized screens. Let's wait and see how legs are before writing this one off.

>Tenet exceeded the ¥2.5 billion mark after its seventh weekend in release. As I've mentioned, this is Nolan's second biggest film in the market, very impressive, and it's even grossed 71% of Inception's total now. It's slowing down, but should still add a fair amount more to reach about ¥2.7 billion ($25.5 million+) to get above 3/4ths of Inception's total.

>The Asadas! exceed the ¥1 billion (~$10 million) milestone before heading into the weekend, making it a success. It's been well-received by audiences and critics (picking up some notable awards already), but it hasn't really been able to expand its reach very well. A success, but it is coming in a bit below expectations.

The Weekend Top 10 is up a whopping 176% versus the same weekend last year.

Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Japan Box Office: Top Opening Weekends: 2020
Top Opening Weekends: 2020
Gross ¥ ($) / Admissions [Screen Count] - Film (Distributor)

¥3.354 billion ($31.9 million) / 2,509,986 [~1400+] - Demon Slayer: Mugen Train (Toho/Aniplex)
¥1.037 billion ($9.5 million) / 671,000 [962] - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Disney)

¥1 billion ↨
¥630.6 million ($6.0 million) / 486,000 [359] - From Today, It's My Turn! (Toho)
¥500 million ↨
¥474.9 million ($4.5 million) / 274,017 [156] - Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel III - Spring Song (Aniplex)
¥413.2 million ($3.9 million) / 334,000 [377] - Doraemon: Nobita's New Dinosaur (Toho)
¥405.2 million ($3.9 million) / 289,000 [344] - The Confidence Man JP: Episode of the Princess (Toho)
¥362.4 million ($3.3 million) / 248,000 [333] - Kaiji: Final Game (Toho)
¥358.0 million ($3.4 million) / 263,000 [335] - Stigmatized Properties (Shochiku)
¥326.8 million ($3.1 million) / 199,559 [488] - Tenet (Warner Bros.)

¥300 million ↨
¥283.0 million ($2.6 million) / 224,000 [313] - My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising (Toho)
¥262.1 million ($2.4 million) / 190,910 [778] - Cats (Toho-Towa)
¥261.8 million ($2.5 million) / 212,000 [364] - Crayon Shin-chan: Crash! Rakuga Kingdom and the Almost Four Heroes (Toho)
¥252.3 million ($2.4 million) / 174,636 [153] - Violet Evergarden: The Movie (Shochiku)
¥248.6 million ($2.3 million) / 195,939 [328] - Kamen Rider Reiwa: The First Generation (Toei)
¥244.8 million ($2.2 million) / 177,000 [389] - Lupin III: The First (Toho)
¥234.0 million ($2.2 million) / 171,000 [350] - Tapestry (Toho)
¥229.4 million ($2.1 million) / 169,000 [304] - Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku (Toho)
¥202.5 million ($1.9 million) / 165,000 [346] - AI Amok (Warner Bros.)

¥200 million ↨
¥197.0 million ($1.8 million) / 143,000 [323] - Stolen Identity 2 (Toho)
¥193.5 million ($1.8 million) / 132,000 [500] - Ford v. Ferrari (Fox)
¥187.4 million ($1.7 million) / 130,000 [655] - Jumanji: The Next Level (Sony)
¥181.6 million ($1.7 million) / 145,000 [344] - The Voice of Sin (Toho)
¥181.2 million ($1.7 million) / 124,000 [353] - 1917 (Toho-Towa)
¥172.0 million ($1.6 million) / 126,000 [343] - The Asadas! (Toho)
¥164.6 million ($1.5 million) / 125,000 [311] - Murder at Shijinso (Toho)
¥162.7 million ($1.5 million) / 118,863 [523] - Onward (Disney)
¥155.2 million ($1.4 million) / 116,000 [211] - Howling Village (Toei)
¥144.7 million ($1.3 million) / 121,000 [255] - Kiss Me at the Stroke of Midnight (Shochiku)
¥142.7 million ($1.4 million) / 106,000 [357] - Fukushima 50 (Shochiku)
¥140.1 million ($1.3 million) / 101,000 [131] - Parasite (Bitter's End)
¥138.9 million ($1.3 million) / 111,053 [x79] - Twiceborn (Nikkatsu)
¥138.4 million ($1.3 million) / 105,000 [339] - Yowamushi Pedal (Shochiku)
¥136.2 million ($1.2 million) / 101,000 [261] - Last Letter (Toho)
¥132.4 million ($1.2 million) / 117,747 [347] - Yo-Kai Watch: Yo-Kai Academy Y - Can a Cat be a Hero? (Toho)
¥130.2 million ($1.3 million) / x98,000 [346] - Your Eyes Tell (Gaga)
¥125.0 million ($1.2 million) / 100,000 [353] - Welcome Back, Tora-San! (Shochiku)
¥123.0 million ($1.1 million) / x81,000 [736] - Birds of Prey (Warner Bros.)
¥122.6 million ($1.2 million) / x98,000 [303] - Love Me, Love Me Not (Toho)
¥115.7 million ($1.0 million) / x84,000 [158] - Shirobako (Kadokawa)
¥113.2 million ($1.1 million) / x81,486 [707] - Dolittle (Toho-Towa)
¥109.0 million ($1.0 million) / x59,000 [265] - Break the Silence: The Movie (Avex Pictures)
¥107.9 million ($1.0 million) / x97,372 [239] - Pretty Cure Miracle Leap! A Mysterious Day With Everyone (Toei)
¥104.8 million ($1.0 million) / x77,000 [326] - Mask Ward (Warner Bros.)
¥104.1 million ($0.9 million) / x82,000 [327] - The Memory Eraser (Shochiku)
¥100.1 million ($0.9 million) / x75,000 [216] - The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese (Phantom Film)
¥100.0 million ($0.9 million) / x85,000 [244] - Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger VS Lupinranger VS Patranger (Toei)

¥100 million ↑

Legend:
¥1 billion+ (Exemplary) / ¥500 million+ (Great) / ¥300 million+ (Good) / ¥200 million+ (Acceptable) / ¥100 million+ (Mediocre)

Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Japan Box Office: Top Grossing Films: 2020
Top Grossing Films: 2020
Gross ¥ ($) / Admissions [Days In Release] - Film (Distributor)

¥15.80 billion ($150.4 million) / 11.89 million [17] - Demon Slayer: Mugen Train (Toho/Aniplex)
¥10 billion ↨
¥7.27 billion ($66.5 million) / 4.85 million [F] - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Disney)
¥5.34 billion ($50.2 million) / 4.21 million [E] - From Today, It's My Turn! (Toho)

¥5 billion ↨
¥4.72 billion ($43.4 million) / 3.40 million [F] - Parasite (Bitter's End)
¥3.80 billion ($35.2 million) / 2.80 million [E] - The Confidence Man JP: Episode of the Princess (Toho)
¥3.27 billion ($30.8 million) / 2.71 million [E] - Doraemon: Nobita's New Dinosaur (Toho)

¥3 billion ↨
¥2.54 billion ($24.1 million) / 1.61 million [45] - Tenet (Warner Bros.)
¥2.29 billion ($21.7 million) / 1.72 million [E] - Stigmatized Properties (Shochiku)
¥2.22 billion ($20.9 million) / 1.68 million [E] - Tapestry (Toho)
¥2.06 billion ($18.8 million) / 1.48 million [F] - Kaiji: Final Game (Toho)

¥2 billion ↨
¥1.92 billion ($18.1 million) / 1.18 million [E] - Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel III - Spring Song (Aniplex)
¥1.79 billion ($16.3 million) / 1.35 million [F] - My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising (Toho)
¥1.68 billion ($16.1 million) / 1.17 million [45] - Violet Evergarden: The Movie (Shochiku)
¥1.50 billion ($13.8 million) / 1.23 million [F] - Welcome Back, Tora-san! (Shochiku)
¥1.41 billion ($12.9 million) / 1.13 million [F] - The Howling Village (Toei)
¥1.35 billion ($12.3 million) / 1.03 million [F] - Cats (Toho-Towa)
¥1.34 billion ($12.3 million) / 1.03 million [F] - Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku (Toho)
¥1.19 billion ($11.0 million) / 0.92 million [F] - Stolen Identity 2 (Toho)
¥1.18 billion ($10.8 million) / 0.95 million [F] - Kiss Me at the Stroke of Midnight (Shochiku)
¥1.16 billion ($10.6 million) / 0.88 million [F] - Lupin III: The First (Toho)
¥1.13 billion ($10.7 million) / 0.93 million [52] - Crayon Shin-chan: Crash! Rakuga Kingdom and the Almost Four Heroes (Toho)
¥1.09 billion ($10.0 million) / 0.83 million [F] - Murder at Shijinso (Toho)
¥1.05 billion ($10.0 million) / 0.80 million [31] - The Asadas! (Toho)

¥1 billion ↨
¥950.0 million ($8.7 million) / 0.76 million [E] - AI Amok (Warner Bros.)
¥900.0 million ($8.3 million) / 0.74 million [E] - Kamen Rider Reiwa: The First Generation (Toei)
¥900.0 million ($8.3 million) / 0.62 million [E] - Jumanji: The Next Level (Sony)
¥890.0 million ($8.2 million) / 0.63 million [E] - Ford v. Ferrari (Fox)
¥855.0 million ($8.0 million) / 0.78 million [E] - Spirited Away (2001) [re-release] (Toho)
¥852.9 million ($8.0 million) / 0.77 million [E] - Princess Mononoke (1997) [re-release] (Toho)
¥797.9 million ($7.4 million) / 0.63 million [E] - Love Me, Love Me Not (Toho)
¥796.4 million ($7.2 million) / 0.61 million [E] - Fukushima 50 (Shochiku)
¥790.0 million ($7.4 million) / 0.59 million [E] - Onward (Disney)
¥770.0 million ($7.2 million) / 0.56 million [E] - 1917 (Toho-Towa)
¥750.0 million ($6.8 million) / 0.65 million [E] - Yo-Kai Watch Jam: Yo-Kai Academy Y - Can a Cat be a Hero? (Toho)
¥709.0 million ($6.6 million) / 0.64 million [E] - Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind [1984 re-release] (Toho)
¥700.0 million ($6.5 million) / 0.55 million [E] - Mask Ward (Warner Bros.)
¥689.5 million ($6.4 million) / 0.51 million [E] - Midsommar (Phantom Film)
¥660.0 million ($6.0 million) / 0.50 million [E] - Last Letter (Toho)
¥634.0 million ($5.9 million) / 0.49 million [E] - Yowamushi Pedal (Shochiku)
¥622.0 million ($5.8 million) / 0.48 million [E] - The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese (Phantom Film)
¥600.0 million ($5.6 million) / 0.45 million [E] - Made in the Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul (Kadokawa)
¥593.4 million ($5.6 million) / 0.34 million [E] - Break the Silence: The Movie (Avex Pictures)
¥558.3 million ($5.3 million) / 0.45 million [38] - Midnight Swan (Kino Films)
¥540.5 million ($5.2 million) / 0.42 million [E] - Dolittle (Toho-Towa)
¥539.9 million ($5.2 million) / 0.41 million [E] - The Real Exorcist (Nikkatsu)
¥500.0 million ($4.7 million) / 0.35 million [E] - Birds of Prey (Warner Bros.)
¥500 million ↑ (COVID-19 Expansion)

NOTE: Any figures for a film that earned below ¥1 billion that is no longer playing are rough estimates. It's rare for final figures for films earning below that mark to be reported, but I'm going to include them this year given the circumstances. Just remember: They're rough estimates.

Legend:
¥10 billion+ (Uber-Blockbuster) / ¥5 billion+ (Blockbuster) / ¥3 billion+ (Hit) / ¥2 billion+ (Respectable) / ¥1 billion+ (Commercial Success)

Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Japan Box-Office: 2019 Versus 2020
2019 vs. 2020 Breakdown (Top 10 Films)

Week 1: ¥1.484 vs ¥1.592 (+7%)
Week 2: ¥1.726 vs ¥1.662 (-4%)
Week 3: ¥1.621 vs ¥1.296 (-20%)
Week 4: ¥1.471 vs ¥1.278 (-13%)
Week 5: ¥1.668 vs ¥1.137 (-32%)
Week 6: ¥1.992 vs ¥1.037 (-48%)
Week 7: ¥1.342 vs ¥1.136 (-15%)
Week 8: ¥1.427 vs ¥1.062 (-26%)
Week 9: ¥1.849 vs ¥.740 (-60%)
Week 10: ¥1.709 vs ¥.605 (-65%)
Week 11: ¥1.934 vs ¥.505 (-74%)
Week 12: ¥1.298 vs ¥.536 (-59%)
Week 13: ¥1.278 vs N/A (-100%)
Week 14: ¥.774 vs N/A (-100%)
Week 15: ¥2.007 vs N/A (-100%)
Week 16: ¥2.139 vs N/A (-100%)
Week 17: ¥2.550 vs N/A (-100%)
Week 18: ¥2.441 vs N/A (-100%)
Week 19: ¥1.369 vs N/A (-100%)

Week 20: ¥1.560 vs ¥.26 (-98%)
Week 21: ¥1.585 vs ¥.85 (-95%)
Week 22: ¥1.860 vs ¥.99 (-95%)
Week 23: ¥2.211 vs ¥.154 (-93%)
Week 24: ¥2.215 vs ¥.157 (-93%)
Week 25: ¥2.059 vs ¥.249 (-88%)
Week 26: ¥2.306 vs ¥.557 (-76%)
Week 27: ¥1.779 vs ¥.471 (-74%)
Week 28: ¥3.100 vs ¥.449 (-86%)
Week 29: ¥2.989 vs ¥.878 (-71%)
Week 30: ¥2.899 vs ¥1.075 (-63%)
Week 31: ¥2.660 vs ¥.638 (-76%)
Week 32: ¥3.377 vs ¥1.012 (-70%)
Week 33: ¥2.501 vs ¥1.527 (-39%)
Week 34: ¥2.178 vs ¥1.263 (-42%)
Week 35: ¥2.153 vs ¥1.382 (-36%)
Week 36: ¥1.585 vs ¥1.027 (-35%)
Week 37: ¥1.693 vs ¥1.319 (-22%)
Week 38: ¥1.420 vs ¥1.303 (-8%)
Week 39: ¥.955 vs ¥.942 (-1%)
Week 40: ¥1.454 vs ¥.838 (-42%)
Week 41: ¥.847 vs. ¥.650 (-23%)
Week 42: ¥1.259 vs. ¥3.908 (+210%)
Week 43: ¥1.092 vs. ¥3.561 (+226%)
Week 44: ¥1.135 vs. ¥3.127 (+176%)
Week 45: ¥1.311
Week 46: ¥1.006
Week 47: ¥2.508
Week 48: ¥2.104
Week 49: ¥1.809
Week 50: ¥1.714
Week 51: ¥2.530
Week 52: ¥1.928

Top 10 Totals in billions of Yen.

Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Japan Box Office: Biggest Aggregated Weekends
Biggest All-Time Aggregated Weekends (Top 10 Films; 1998-):

01. ¥3.908 billion - 10/17-18/2020 (#1 Film - Demon Slayer: Mugen Train)
02. ¥3.601 billion - 07/09-10/2005 (#1 Film - Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith)
03. ¥3.561 billion - 10/24-25/2020 (#1 Film - Demon Slayer: Mugen Train)
04. ¥3.485 billion - 08/04-05/2001 (#1 Film - Spirited Away)
05. ¥3.427 billion - 05/03-04/2014 (#1 Film - Frozen)
06. ¥3.423 billion - 07/19-20/2003 (#1 Film - Bayside Shakedown: Save the Rainbow Bridge!)
07. ¥3.379 billion - 08/08-09/2015 (#1 Film - Jurassic World)
08. ¥3.377 billion - 08/10-11/2019 (#1 Film - One Piece Stampede)
09. ¥3.329 billion - 07/21-22/2007 (#1 Film - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
10. ¥3.314 billion - 07/22-23/2006 (#1 Film - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest)
11. ¥3.297 billion - 08/15-16/2015 (#1 Film - Jurassic World)
12. ¥3.212 billion - 07/28-29/2001 (#1 Film - Spirited Away)
13. ¥3.160 billion - 04/17-18/2010 (#1 Film - Alice in Wonderland)
14. ¥3.150 billion - 04/29-30/2017 (#1 Film - Beauty and the Beast)
15. ¥3.133 billion - 08/16-17/2003 (#1 Film - Bayside Shakedown: Save the Rainbow Bridge!)
16. ¥3.127 billion - 10/31-11/01/2020 (#1 Film - Demon Slayer: Mugen Train)
17. ¥3.106 billion - 12/19-20/2015 (#1 Film - Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
18. ¥3.100 billion - 07/13-14/2019 (#1 Film - Toy Story 4)
19. ¥3.048 billion - 07/21-22/2001 (#1 Film - Spirited Away)
20. ¥3.046 billion - 12/20-21/2014 (#1 Film - Yo-Kai Watch: It's the Secret of Birth, Nyan!)
21. ¥3.026 billion - 08/04-05/2018 (#1 Film - Code Blue)

Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

I wonder how many of the top 2020 Weekend spots it will take. Still has over 50% to fall before its below TROS

Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:58 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

WandaLegion wrote:
I wonder how many of the top 2020 Weekend spots it will take. Still has over 50% to fall before its below TROS

None of the remaining 2020 weekends should be lower than the remaining 2019 weekends. So the final 11 weekends (12 in total) of 2020 will be up over 2019.

Week 47 looked unlikely, but Demon Slayer will still be doing well that weekend, and Stand By Me, Doraemon 2 (delayed from August) opens that weekend for major support.

And Week 51 looked unlikely, but there's plenty of notable films in release or opening that will be supporting Demon Slayer that weekend, too, including Doraemon still, the latest Pokemon (since it was delayed from July), latest Kamen Rider (also delayed from July), and Toho's big Winter live-action film New Interpretation Records of the Three Kingdoms will be in its second weekend. And Wonder Woman 1984 is still currently scheduled to open that weekend, and while I wouldn't expect a lot (first film didn't do very well), any little bit will help if it doesn't get delayed.

Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23795 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 574, 575, 576, 577, 578, 579, 580 ... 952  Next