Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 555, 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561 ... 952  Next
 Japan Box-Office: On Hiatus 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Japan Box-Office: Demon Slayer Obliterating Record Books
Anonymous 06 wrote:
Corpse, it is actually just 13 % down compared to last Saturday. Mimorin is showing slightly inflated numbers. Just check your last Saturday 12 pm update.

:fear: :fear:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 4/pubhtml# (Click second tab to see last week)

You're right. And it is expected to improve since last Saturday would have had a stronger start.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Child Actor

It was only 5% down compared to last Saturday at 11 am update but the drop increased to 13% at 12 pm update.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:40 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The numbers are so large, that any update that has some showtimes happen just 5-10 minutes difference today versus last week (say last Saturday had a lot of shows at 11:05am instead of 11:15am for today since it started earlier) is going to result in sizable % changes, both up and down, until later.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:42 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Please don't tell me this has a chance to increase from last Saturday. Does it? :excited: :excited:

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:44 pm
The Dark Knight

It needs a 10% or better weekend drop to stay above 3 billion.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:44 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Cynosure wrote:
It needs a 10% or better weekend drop to stay above 3 billion.

For this movie it seems doable :hahaha:

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:45 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

While not impossible, managing to improve upon a 76.9% sell-rate (and it'll need to do about 1% better with just ever so slightly less seats) doesn't seem realistic. But this film isn't behaving realistically whatsoever, so who knows.

I don't see that happening, and don't want expectations to get that high; they're already through God's roof as it is.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

On a side note, Volume 18 of Demon Slayer manga has already sold 4 million copies and the Dydo drinco can that had the protagonists' face have already sold 50 Million in just two months. Anything Demon Slayer is a sure success.

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/asaplan ... 66864/amp/

Last edited by chQta on Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:48 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

A coffee can with Tanjiro's face on it has sold over 50 million cans in 2 months? And their sales are up 150%. I literally laughed out loud. Good grief. Demon Slayer is serious like the biggest thing ever in Japan. It is truly beyond everything.

I saw a picture of an article talking about ramen sales with the characters appearing on the packaging. I bet those are on back order until 2050 right now.

It has seriously become a hashira "pillar" of Japan's economy this year. It's not an exaggeration.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:51 pm
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

I am hoping when this premiere on my country that the cinema near me will show it. Currently just a selected number of cinemas (from one chain) will show it. I wrote to the management and I used some data here (Thank you all of you) to convince them how much of a block buster this movie is and will and I'm crossing my fingers that they'll think it through. Anything Demon slayer is sure gonna sell like pancakes.

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:57 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

chQta wrote:
I am hoping when this premiere on my country that the cinema near me will show it. Currently just a selected number of cinemas (from one chain) will show it. I wrote to the management and I used some data here (Thank you all of you) to convince them how much of a block buster this movie is and will and I'm crossing my fingers that they'll think it through. Anything Demon slayer is sure gonna sell like pancakes.

Are you in Asia (East Asia)? I don't know exactly how popular is it, or is becoming, in Asia, but I believe I've read or heard it's grown considerably there this year as well. Seems like a good chance they'll show it. Hope they do show it.

I'm in America, and while Funimation is suppose to be releasing it in theaters early next year, it's just hopeful thinking right now it seems. I'll likely have to wait until it's released on home video/digitally in the Spring (presumably). I've read the manga past the point in the movie though, so thankfully I won't be spoiled by accidently following the movie.

Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:05 am
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

Corpse wrote:
chQta wrote:

Are you in Asia (East Asia)? I don't know exactly how popular is it, or is becoming, in Asia, but I believe I've read or heard it's grown considerably there this year as well. Seems like a good chance they'll show it. Hope they do show it.

I'm in America, and while Funimation is suppose to be releasing it in theaters early next year, it's just hopeful thinking right now it seems. I'll likely have to wait until it's released on home video/digitally in the Spring (presumably). I've read the manga past the point in the movie though, so thankfully I won't be spoiled by accidently following the movie.

I'm in Asia!! And It's really popular in my country because even the normies in my office have watched or at least heard of Demon Slayer. Well, anime is popular in my country as well but the level of popularity of Demon Slayer is unheard of. That's why I was so shocked when the only Chain of cinema to show Demonslayer only announced selected cinemas to open :'( i'm thinking this might have to do with our gov't response to COVID. I am hoping that in the coming months or at least next year, that the situation improves.

Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:20 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Here's hoping it gets released near you. :thumbsup:

And here's even more amazing news for Demon Slayer (LiSA, primarily in this case):

Billboard is reporting that her single, "Homura" (Flame), the movie's theme song/ending credits song was the highest debut single on the Billboard Global Hot 200 Chart dated for October 24th, debuting in 21st (excluding the U.S.) and 62nd overall.

Article: https://www.billboard.com/articles/busi ... ium=social
Global Hot 200 Chart: https://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-global-200

Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:47 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Before I turn in tonight (time zones suck), as of 2PM, it's only down 7/8% compared to last Saturday.

Be back later.

Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:04 am
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

At its current pace, the question is not if it will beat Spirited Away but by how much. :yummy:

Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:07 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Its releasing in Malaysia and Singapore in late January/early February so I believe that will be around CNY time which might be the best time to get good BO success. I believe a lot of Asian countries will get similar release date(s).

Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:08 am
Wall-E

So...it's only down 3.3% now. LOL. What the fuck...

Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:11 am
Angels & Demons

JustLurking wrote:
So...it's only down 3.3% now. LOL. What the fuck...

If this saturday turns out with just the same, or better than it's Sunday performance or even just a little less is insane! And unbelievable!!! Demon slayer is such an apt name for it is literally destroying all known records. Congrats to Ufotable and Koyoharu Gotouge!

Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:34 am
The Dark Knight

As of 8 PM local time:

735,228 (-7.1%)

*791,427 last week

As of 9 PM local time:

798,372 (-10.3%)

*890,103 last week

Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:10 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

-9% heading into the last couple hours of showings tonight. 71% sell-rate.

But it should drop in the double digits (the horror, lol) since there are a few less late-night showings versus last Saturday. While the seating is only down maybe 3% or so versus last Saturday, most of that is after that 10:30/11PM time.

Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:42 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

Sub-15% drop is great. Corpse any chance of Sunday would be better from last weekend given its Saturday hold?

Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:50 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Sunday had an even higher sell-rate of 77.4%, so it'd need to sell-out 79/80% tomorrow to beat last Sunday. It's not impossible, but it's incredibly unlikely. I think a sub-20%, sub-15%, maybe sub-10% drop will be enough. :-P

Remember that last weekend, as well as this weekend, it's basically maxed out the nation's screens and showtimes. It's not really a matter of selling more tickets, because it can't really any more tickets than it already is. For it to get any more, theaters need to literally kick other films off their screens.

Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:16 am
Profile WWW
The Dark Knight

It's only going to decrease this Sunday so it can increase more next Sunday (November 1st). :lol:

Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:21 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Ah okay. I thought given the advantages last Saturday had over its 2nd Saturday and the marginal drop in sales and Sunday being the biggest day in Japan might be able to top last Sunday. Regardless we'll see. Its performance had been nothing short of miracle thus far.

Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:22 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Cynosure wrote:
It's only going to decrease this Sunday so it can increase more next Sunday (November 1st). :lol:

Shhhhhhh! LOL. I was waiting to spring that on everyone tomorrow and freak them out. :funny:

Yes, next Sunday is November 1st, a national discount day. Now, as I said in my last post, there's barely any room to grow as it's maxed out screens and showtimes, and is selling out 75-80% of them already... But, if there's any day it can be done, it'll be next Sunday. And its third weekend as a result will probably barely be lower than it second weekend...and first weekend...

Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23787 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 555, 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561 ... 952  Next