Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 6887 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265 ... 276  Next
 Release Date Change Thread 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Release Date Change Thread
Wonder Woman was scheduled here in theaters for October s well so hopefully they don't change OS release dates.

Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:53 pm
Extraordinary

Candyman now moving go sometime in 2021...

Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:00 pm
The Kramer

Rumors say Black Widow and Soul will be delayed this week, and neither will go direct to Disney+.

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:52 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

That's expected. Releasing Mulan on D+ didn't do them any favors.

Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:04 pm
Hold the door!

How will theaters stay open if everything is pulled? If a movie is anticipated people will come. No one cares about Tenet anyway pandemic or no pandemic.

Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:48 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

To change things up a bit: The Croods: A New Age has actually moved up a month to Nov. 25th, 2020 from Dec. 23rd, 2020. Strange that no trailer has been released yet though to my knowledge, just see a lot of fanmade material.

I'm guessing Universal has inside info related to the unconfirmed reports about Soul being moved to 2021/possibly premiering on Disney+ instead?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Universal will probably give it a run on Thanksgiving and then have it out on demand before Christmas.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Yeah I think Universal had success with Trolls so it makes sense for them to experiment with this property. On a regular schedule it might not have made much anyways.

Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:29 pm
Extraordinary

https://deadline.com/2020/09/black-wido ... 234582771/

Welp. We got our answer about Mulan's performance lol

Black Widow moves to May 7 2021, Soul stays theatrical.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:07 pm
Hold the door!

Most likely Soul will go to VOD quickly but they think having the theatrical option first will be beneficial.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:18 pm
Extraordinary

Death on the Nile moves to December... meaning no major release until November. Wonder if theaters will have to close for October.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:21 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Soul and Croods 2 opening five days apart now. Obviously this would be an issue in regular years, but perhaps they'll be fine "competing" given the lack of options.

That is assuming audiences in America are even ready to go back to the movies. I think many Americans are exhausted, stressed, and whatever other negative adjective describing a lot of people right now. I also question if audiences, families in particular, are willing to spend their money on a movie versus holiday shopping given the financial hardships many are having right now as well.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

I think if there’s a movie people wanna see in theaters, they’ll go see it. I don’t know how it is in other parts of the country, but very few people are worried about the virus in Chester County, PA. I know far more parents desperate for excuses to take their kids out than parents who are happy keeping them home to protect them from the virus.

I think Tenet is not doing to well because of NY/LA still being closed and because it didn’t look super appealing.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:36 pm
100% That Bitch

Rip movie theaters

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:58 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I still don't think Mulan's VOD numbers has triggered this release changes. I think it's the China results that Disney is going to give itself sometime for the controversy to die down. Plus at the end of the day if Mulan made $500m that's not enough for a $200m+ budgeted movie with heavy marketing push behind it.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:16 pm
100% That Bitch

How long until theaters shut down due to lack of new releases? they cant be living on Tenet till next year

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:19 pm
The Kramer

Local theaters are going down to only having one showing per screen next week. Mostly old movies too. Madagascar had as much appeal as anything else I guess.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:45 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

This is a chicken and egg problem. The theaters are not fully functional because there are no new releases and studios are not releasing new movies because theaters are not fully functional. The studios will eventually have to do with less money for a few months to reap future benefits because clearly VOD is not getting them big money.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:57 am
The Kramer

M Night’s next movie Old will come out next July ... maybe.

Borat 2 also got a really long title I don’t feel like typing. I wonder how much it would have made in normal times. Half of the first? Less?

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:16 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
M Night’s next movie Old will come out next July ... maybe.

Borat 2 also got a really long title I don’t feel like typing. I wonder how much it would have made in normal times. Half of the first? Less?

Less for sure.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:19 pm
The Kramer

The Lion King 2, directed by Barry Jenkins is coming. Rumor is that story will be “like Godfather 2” with half of the story focusing on Mufasa’s rise to power and the other half on Simba’s struggle to keep it.

Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:18 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Good choice in director, but I think Lion King 2 is likely to disappoint. I don't get the feeling that the first was very well-liked, and largely received a "meh" reaction from most audiences.

Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

I can see the drop similar to Alice in Wonderland's sequel for this one.

Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:27 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
The Lion King 2, directed by Barry Jenkins is coming. Rumor is that story will be “like Godfather 2” with half of the story focusing on Mufasa’s rise to power and the other half on Simba’s struggle to keep it.

That actually sounds decent. I didnt bother with the first live action remake but would consider seeing this.

Though agree with the others - it will take a big hit at the BO.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:28 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

The Witches is going straight to HBOMax on the 22nd.

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6887 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265 ... 276  Next