Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 The Witcher 
Extraordinary

Post The Witcher
I've only had time to watch half of the first episode but Henry is so hot lord

Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:05 pm
The Kramer

Post Re: The Witcher
I’ve seen three episodes.

Cavill was a great choice. I like the choices for Yennifer and Tris too. Ciri is still up for debate. Getting these characters was the most important part and I’ll stick with the series because they nailed that part.

The show is not that great though. Tries too hard to be Game of Thrones, politicians of the week pop up as much as monsters.

Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:41 pm
100% That Bitch

Henry Cavill carries this like a major supertsar

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:07 am
Forum General

Wow I actually ended up kind of loving this. Was not expecting to binge the whole thing in one day, but I somehow managed it. Outside of that rough first episode I thought this show picked up immediately in 2 and man episodes 3-5 were pretty damn awesome and the main reason I decided to finish it all in one go. I enjoyed Cavill in this, although I'm not familiar with any of the source material, so I have idea how accurate the character is to his game counterpart, but the man really does bring a great physical presence to this IMO with how he handles a sword and the more he started to interact with other characters the more he began to grow on me.

The actress who played Yennifer is not only insanely gorgeous, but is also a fantastic actress and honestly she might be my favorite character in this show. Many of the supporting characters were fun and interesting even if some fare better than others in the performance department. I also loved how brutal and gory the violence was at times, and while the cinematography might not be as aesthetically pleasing to look at something like GOT I did think their were plenty of beautiful shots sprinkled throughout and considering its only the first season I wouldn't be surprised if they pored even more money into it by the time we get to Season 2 depending on how successful it ends up being for Netflix.

Last edited by Dil on Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:09 pm
The Kramer

Yeah it’s rough at first, and it takes 4-5 episodes for them to even bother explaining how the stories take place in different timelines. Everything kinda clicks when Geralt finally meets up with Yennifer though.

Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:18 pm
100% That Bitch

This show is slooooooooow but somehow I managed to finish the fifth episode! Gerald and Yennefer FINALLY MEET

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:31 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I went in knowing very little about the source material (haven't read the books, barely know what the games are about), and I really enjoyed it. Great casting, it was nicely shot (some particularly beautiful shots), has a solid score, and it delivered excellent choreography. It piqued my interest of wanting to know more about this world.

I guess I can see why reviews have been mixed, it's a bit slow and certainly has limited appeal I would say, but I also think they're being too critical (apparently some outlets didn't even bother finishing the series before posting their review).

Looking forward to reading the novels next year. I've already purchased the preceding short stories and first novel.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Wait this definitely picked the fuck up after episode 5. The finale is awesome and so is episode 7

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:45 pm
Extraordinary

So I just finished and... kinda thought it was a mess sadly. I'll keep watching but the story felt all over the place and rushed.

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]