Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 General new series thread 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: General new series thread
Flava'd vs The World wrote:
The low score for Morning Show has to sting. Now they have nothing.

My guess is the amount of people who would be dissuaded by poor TV reviews is relatively small.

Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:12 pm
The Kramer

Shack wrote:
Flava'd vs The World wrote:
The low score for Morning Show has to sting. Now they have nothing.

My guess is the amount of people who would be dissuaded by poor TV reviews is relatively small.
Maybe, but the amount that could be persuaded by good reviews is high. If it became a show you had to see then millions could justify that $5 entry point. As is, people must be thinking “if this is the best Apple can do its an easy pass.”

If Mandalorian has similar scores it would hurt the first day sales, but Disney has so much to fall back on then it won’t really matter in the long run.

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:22 pm
100% That Bitch

NETFLIX's "El Club" Is yet another Mexican success.
Go watch it plz

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:15 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Mau wrote:
Plus y'all REALLY need to catch up ELITE, La Casa de lS Flores (a bit of a dip in quality in season 2) and Monarca. Those three are International NETFLIX's holy Trinity (if you include la casa de Papel It makes it four). They're fucking GOOD.
ELITE: THINK OF 90210 but on roids
Monarca: house or cards mixed with better call saul
La casa de Papel: a suitable that must be watched to experience it
La casa de Las Flores: Desperate Housewives with Latin flavour (miles ahead of devious Maids lol)

Thanks may for the recommend. I LOVED Elite Season 1. Will do season 2 with my family in December. The only problem is that the dubs are HORRIBLE and I have to go with that but still it doesn't take away from the experience. Will take a look at the other three next.

Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:13 pm
100% That Bitch

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Mau wrote:
Plus y'all REALLY need to catch up ELITE, La Casa de lS Flores (a bit of a dip in quality in season 2) and Monarca. Those three are International NETFLIX's holy Trinity (if you include la casa de Papel It makes it four). They're fucking GOOD.
ELITE: THINK OF 90210 but on roids
Monarca: house or cards mixed with better call saul
La casa de Papel: a suitable that must be watched to experience it
La casa de Las Flores: Desperate Housewives with Latin flavour (miles ahead of devious Maids lol)

Thanks may for the recommend. I LOVED Elite Season 1. Will do season 2 with my family in December. The only problem is that the dubs are HORRIBLE and I have to go with that but still it doesn't take away from the experience. Will take a look at the other three next.

Élite season 2 SOMEHOW made its story work even better. Tbh since it's trashy soap opera it may b my favorite Netflix show overall. Also I'd recommend you to watch it with subtitles. You need to hear Carla and Polo on their original voice and how fucking SEXY they sound.

Seriously if Polo ands like 10pounds of muscle he becomes the hottest guy on Earth. He already is the best looking guy I've ever seen.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:55 am
Devil's Advocate

My review of Servant http://wokj.worldofkj.com/servant-is-an ... r-mystery/

Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:40 pm
Devil's Advocate

Review of the new Octavia Spencer AppleTV show Truth Be Told http://wokj.worldofkj.com/truth-be-told ... -can-chew/

Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:54 pm
The Kramer

I watched first two episodes of Fleabag and get the hype. It was very funny.

Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:33 pm
Devil's Advocate

My review of the Witcher http://wokj.worldofkj.com/the-witcher-w ... t-episode/

Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:48 pm
The Kramer

With all the Star Wars hype I forgot that came out! Netflix probably should have waited for the new year, but I understand they were trying to recapture the Bird Box magic from last year. 6 Underground is enough for that though.

Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:10 pm
100% That Bitch

Also You'd new season is EXACTLY my kind of TV. I fuckung LOVE IT

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:35 pm
100% That Bitch

You crashed my top 10 shows of the year and oh God it's everything I didn't know I need! Feed it to me directly into my veins plZ.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:07 am
Devil's Advocate

My review of Netflix's new figure skating show Spinning Out http://wokj.worldofkj.com/spinning-out- ... otionally/

Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:28 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

The first episode of Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist was just fantastic.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:37 pm
Devil's Advocate

Harley Quinn - the first episode was HILARIOUS

Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:02 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Yes, the Harley Quinn show is great. Really, really funny.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:11 pm
New Server, Same X

Watched the first two episodes of Nora from Queens (or Awkwafina is Nora from Queens) and Avenue 5. As different as they are, I felt the exact same about both. They're both fine entries into their respective genres, but I can't help thinking I've seen it all before and I've seen it done a lot better. Avenue 5 boasts a strong cast, especially Hugh Laurie, but the material is one long rehash. Everyone is basically an idiot and they get themselves into outrageously ludicrous situations. In space.

Nora from Queens has some good performances (Awkwafina is a likeable lead), but if you've seen one Comedy Central sitcom, you generally have seen them all. Especially those led by comedians. I've seen all of Broad City, and it feels like this is just a pale imitation.

Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:00 pm
New Server, Same X

Watching the first episode of The Outsider. Surprised it doesn't have more praise, it's a terrific slow burner so far with some solid acting. Feels like an unofficial fourth season of True Detective at this point, by way of Stephen King.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:18 pm
New Server, Same X

Every so often, a sitcom (it's always a sitcom) comes along and reminds me of why primetime TV should be dead forever. A sitcom that harkens back to the late 90s/early 00s, when sitcoms became ridiculous. Well, let's be honest: all sitcoms are ridiculous. The idea of a group of well-lit actors on a small set pausing for laughs and applause every few seconds is just silly. But at least sometimes, a strong cast, terrific writing and a whole lot of love for the show will give us something special.

Indebted has none of that. Holy shit, what an awful, awful show. Adam Pally, Abby Elliot and especially Fran Drescher are dreadful. Steven Weber is an absolute pro always. He only plays two roles in his career (goofy and likeable, or sinister and evil), but he does both perfectly. But the return of Steven Weber to primetime TV isn't enough to save this one.

It's bad.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:14 pm
100% That Bitch

Narcos México 2 Is GODLY. Like go watch it right motherfucking now, Diego Luna is otherworldly good.everything about this season is just so awesome they GO IN Mexican politics and how the DEA fucks it all up from the start over.... Pettiness.
Seriously go watch it and it's like a Spanglish tv show? Like 70% Spanish 30% English

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:35 am
Devil's Advocate

Mister Ecks wrote:
Every so often, a sitcom (it's always a sitcom) comes along and reminds me of why primetime TV should be dead forever. A sitcom that harkens back to the late 90s/early 00s, when sitcoms became ridiculous. Well, let's be honest: all sitcoms are ridiculous. The idea of a group of well-lit actors on a small set pausing for laughs and applause every few seconds is just silly. But at least sometimes, a strong cast, terrific writing and a whole lot of love for the show will give us something special.

Indebted has none of that. Holy shit, what an awful, awful show. Adam Pally, Abby Elliot and especially Fran Drescher are dreadful. Steven Weber is an absolute pro always. He only plays two roles in his career (goofy and likeable, or sinister and evil), but he does both perfectly. But the return of Steven Weber to primetime TV isn't enough to save this one.

It's bad.

I was thinking earlier what the best multi camera sitcom that debuted in the 2010s was. It is a wretched list.

Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:19 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Going to start High Fidelity this weekend

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:32 pm
New Server, Same X

Shack wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:

It's bad.

I was thinking earlier what the best multi camera sitcom that debuted in the 2010s was. It is a wretched list.

Are there any genuine future classics from the 2010s? I can't think of any.

Mom had some potential at first by blending comedy with occasional tragedy, but the show changed so much in a few seasons. If not for Allison Janney, the show wouldn't be memorable.

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:15 pm
Devil's Advocate

Mister Ecks wrote:
Shack wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:

It's bad.

Are there any genuine future classics from the 2010s? I can't think of any.

Mom had some potential at first by blending comedy with occasional tragedy, but the show changed so much in a few seasons. If not for Allison Janney, the show wouldn't be memorable.

Yea I haven't seen an episode but Mom seems to be one of the most well liked. Some people like One Day At a Time and The Ranch was a hit. But there's nothing that feels half as memorable as even HIMYM or Big Bang Theory for whatever you say about them.

Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:53 pm
New Server, Same X

Chippy wrote:
The first episode of Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist was just fantastic.

Finally watched this and it's wonderful. High concept series are a tough sell so I see this getting canned, but I hope not. It's a delight to watch and breathes some life into the musical genre on television.

Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next