Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 186  Next
 The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 

Should DP07 be temporarily banned for spamming?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

The Biden era: The Establishment Strikes Back 
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Debate #4
SolC9 wrote:
This little fight might help Tulsi a bit, but I don't think it will be enough. It'll be hard to gauge the impact though because most of the people likely to come her side are not polled dems. Her 2 minute video encapsulates what she's about. https://youtu.be/NJ9ofm5y-pQ

I haven't followed, or don't remember, everything, but can't see anything wrong with Tulsi either.

Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:06 pm
The Kramer

Mau wrote:
Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Yeah can Hilary just stop talking publicly for at least the next year? Nothing she says helps and she still hasn’t taken responsibility for letting Trump become president in the first place.

How did she let him win?

It's not like she was ever gonna get the white straight male vote
She didn’t need it. She lost because of the people who stayed home. Hilary needed to inspire about 100,000 more people to vote in 3-4 middle states and she couldn’t do it because nobody likes her. Even those of us that voted for her in 2016 (twice) didn’t feel great about it, there just wasn’t a better choice out there.

Russia helped too, but it wasn’t like they had to try very hard.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:40 pm
The Kramer

stuffp wrote:
SolC9 wrote:
This little fight might help Tulsi a bit, but I don't think it will be enough. It'll be hard to gauge the impact though because most of the people likely to come her side are not polled dems. Her 2 minute video encapsulates what she's about. https://youtu.be/NJ9ofm5y-pQ

I haven't followed, or don't remember, everything, but can't see anything wrong with Tulsi either.
Hilary called her a Russian asset who was gonna run third party to ruin Warren or Biden’s chances, Ross Perot style.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:41 pm
100% That Bitch

Mau wrote:
Yeah can Hilary just stop talking publicly for at least the next year? Nothing she says helps and she still hasn’t taken responsibility for letting Trump become president in the first place.

How did she let him win?

It's not like she was ever gonna get the white straight male vote
She didn’t need it. She lost because of the people who stayed home. Hilary needed to inspire about 100,000 more people to vote in 3-4 middle states and she couldn’t do it because nobody likes her. Even those of us that voted for her in 2016 (twice) didn’t feel great about it, there just wasn’t a better choice out there.

Russia helped too, but it wasn’t like they had to try very hard.

What was she supposed to do if people didn't like her? There was nothing she could do. People not voting should just fuck themselves, it's on them... Not on Hilary

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:04 pm
Defeats all expectations

Tim Ryan and Beto O'Rourke have dropped out since my last post.

Biden, Sanders, and Warren are the real shots. Buttigieg is the only dark horse?

Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:03 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Biden performs best against Trump (51-39 percent). He leads by 12 points, garners over 50 percent and keeps Trump below 40 percent. In early October, Biden led by 10 (50-40 percent).

Sanders has an 8-point lead (49-41 percent). Warren’s 5-point advantage over the president (46-41 percent) is within the poll’s margin of sampling error, and Buttigieg and Trump tie (41-41 percent). In a 2016 rematch, Clinton has a 2-point edge (43-41 percent).

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-new ... in-matchup

Fox News really, really likes to include Hillary in everything at all times, don't they? :funny:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:32 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Tulsi just qualified for the debate in two weeks. Debate field looks to be 10 instead of 12 this time. Maybe I'm misreading it, but it seems to me Tulsi's message of coming together to work on our problems rather than adding to the divisiveness between parties is slowly starting to resonate with voters. She's certainly got some momentum at the moment.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

lol please stop

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:33 pm
Forum General

Chippy wrote:
lol please stop

I.hope asked if Mayor Pete is the only darkhorse. Tulsi is still in the field and has been slowly gaining. For now, I'd say she is also a darkhorse, as is Yang. I don't think anyone else outside the top 4 is on a positive trajectory. Here are my rankings for likelihood to win primary, factoring in polling and recent momentum.

Biden/Warren

Sanders
Buttigieg

Gabbard/Yang

Klobuchar
Harris
Steyer
Booker

This is going to be a pivotal debate for Buttigieg, Gabbard, and Yang. Buttigieg has to maintain his gains and attack the top 3 to draw more supporters. Gabbard will have more eyes on her after the attention from the Hillary spat. If she can use that to her advatage she'll continue to gain. Yang has a dedicated base, but will have to stand out to continue to grow it.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Pete should do his best this round but his real shot will come in 2024. I think Trump is winning next year (sorry but the other old farts in the running are either senile or delusionally out of touch and don't stand a chance).

Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:36 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Pete is the only "dark horse" with a chance. Bernie and Biden aren't suddenly going to gain a ton more supporters. Warren still has that potential.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:45 am
Devil's Advocate

I'm sticking with Biden as nominee due to winning the black voters

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:29 am
Forum General

Debate tonight. Any predictions? Pete has been surging, but I predict a mediocre performance from him tonight. Other than that I just hope Tulsi does well enough to keep going. I will be watching this one, so I'll rank how I think they did after.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

I did not watch it but will probably stream it later tonight.

Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:05 am
Forum General

That was a disappointing debate on many levels. One, Tulsi didn't as well as I wanted her too. She didn't have many opportunities though. Buttigieg did better than I expected. Biden was bad. Harris, my least favorite, did well. Nobody had a great moment that will be remembered a week from now. So, best to worst performances...

1. Buttigieg
2. Klobuchar
3. Harris
4. Booker
5. Sanders
6. Warren
7. Yang
8. Gabbard
9. Steyer
10. Biden

Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:34 am
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

Harris is dropping out.

Her support averages 4% in the polls. I think Warren stands to benefit most from this.

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:19 pm
Superfreak

Post Re: Democratic Primary 2020
Nobody but the hypocritical ultra-Dems had any love for Harris. Her track record stunk and her campaign was fun of arrogant and nonsensical victim-playing while she was being backed by a billionaire. Trump would have utterly obliterated her. This is a BIG COUNTRY and there are a lot more people in it than those in the Super Dem bubble.

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:23 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

People only supported her because she killed it in hearings and would have killed Trump in the debates (or at least the first one). She was always a better VP candidate.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:33 pm
Devil's Advocate

Harris campaign has to be one of the biggest flops ever. She was supposed to be the candidate for the Hillary voters and money

Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:20 am
Superfreak

You know its bad when Tulsi Gabbard kicks your ass. Harris's ridiculous attack on Biden in the first debate came back to bite her as the vast majority began to see it as the symbol of her overall act.

I don't care if it sounds racist or sexist, lets just say it how it is - to MANY people, she comes off as both arrogant ("I'm a top tier candidate, she's a low poller grasping for straws") and yet also the ultimate victim-card player. Even now with her "I'm not a billionaire" excuse. I don't like Bloomberg but he OBVIOUSLY has achieved more than you, Kamala, and in that rewards deserves a chance for his voice to be heard. Also not like Kamala was opposed to billionaire donors.

Sorry Kamala, it isn't that you're black or a woman. Stacy Abrams would dominate. As would Michelle Obama. Oprah. Many woman of color. Kamala's problem was that she was a terribly off-putting communicator who ran a campaign that her made seem fake as hell.

Will be interesting to see the new age racists on display when Biden probably gets the nomination and some openly hold it against him that he is white, as if that theory isn't racist

Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:31 am
Superfreak

One dynamic becoming extremely clear over the past few years is the super-educated and borderline know-it-all wing of the Democrats is totally obvious to what appeals to a massive chunk of the electorate. First Trump and now Biden - they're just totally under estimating the appeal these guys have to blue collar types.

Also a damn shame Warren seems to have ruined her momentum with her insane championing of medicare for all. Even if she really believes in it, live in reality and recognize what talking about during the primaries will do. Was so predictable that it would backfire.

Chippy wrote:
People only supported her because she killed it in hearings and would have killed Trump in the debates (or at least the first one). She was always a better VP candidate.

I actually think Trump would have wiped the floor with her. It would have been full disrespectful low-blows, but fellow Dems treated her with kid gloves. Even Gabbard though blunt was not insulting. Harris was load with holes from her ridiculous arrogance to constant hypocrisy to endless helpless-victim-playing to her obviously shoddy resume.

Liz Warren is the one won would TRULY kick Trump's ass, she's actually been doing it for a few years, but I worry she has blown her chances.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:36 am
Defeats all expectations

I think Harris' campaign lacks a central theme that resonates and warrants repeating on every occasion. She's like throwing darts and being more reactive rather than proactive.

Warren's campaign, on the other hand, is built on a central theme of combating corruption from stopping quid pro quos in ambassadorship to fighting monopolies.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:29 am
Forum General

With Harris dropping out (happy about that), there are only six qualified for the Dec. 19 debate. Both Yang and Gabbard can qualify with one more qualifying poll of 4+% by Dec. 12. Nobody else is close. With 6-8 participants, maybe there will be some actual debating.

Biden, Warren, Sanders, Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Steyer. In.

Maybe Yang and/or Gabbard.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:59 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Steyer and Klobuchar need to drop from that group. Yang and Gabbard shouldn't touch the stage.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:14 am
The Kramer

If Yang isn't there it will cause a #DemsSoWhite controversy. He needs to stick around until at least the first few primaries.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4649 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 186  Next