Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 June predictions 
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller

Post Re: June predictions
lolz you should be scared shitless of June 2020:

-Top Guns 2 can easily pull an ID42 or a Zilla 2. 45m-50m OW and 115m-130m finish. Not bad but not huge.

-In The Heights can pull a Jersey Boys and do sub-50m.

-I'm still not even sure if that June 2020 Pixar film will still happen at that spot. Onward had casting announcements in revealed in December 2018. This is supposed to come out three months later and we haven't heard anything about it. And even if it does, Pixars original film track record isn't as strong as its sequel resume AND the fact that Onward comes out in March dilutes the demand for another Pixar film so soon.

-Judd Apatow film COULD pull a Trainwreck but I think Schumer was a bigger draw in 2015 than Davidson is going to be in 2020. Plus, the film will be more like a dramaedy given that its autobiographical and deals with Davidson own life of having his dad die in 9/11. And Apatows success with films that evenly mix comedy with drama haven't been as big of commercial hits

So really, outside of WW2, there's no film out there right now that anyone should feel confident can do 150m+ in June 2020.

OH, and because Memorial Day is early next year, most of the May holdovers won't be doing much in June as they'll have blown out all their grosses by the last weekend of May. And unlike this year, we won't be rolling into July with two films in the waiting that could combine for $1B+ on their own

After WW84 opens, there's a lot of potential for things to be ugly next summer.

Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:20 am
The Kramer

Well nothing is guaranteed but my point was that they are not opening against a bunch of other similar films, like MIB, Shaft, Pets, Chucky, etc... So there is room for non-Disney breakouts next year.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:27 am
KJ's Most Embarssing Misspeller

Top Guns 2 and Candyman are both literally franchise revival films. Same with Ghostbusters in July and Scooby Doo in May.

Summer 2020 if anything is going to probably prove why Disney matters so much and how the BO is screwed without it.

Though it also is perfectly set up for Nolan to maybe redefine the blockbuster game again 10 years after Inception and give hope to the idea of an original blockbuster that attains high critical and commercial success. Though I feel that likely ends up just doing a MI6 type performance and doesn't truly break into the mega-success category domestically.

Magnus is right
trixster wrote:
magnus is my hero
Loyal wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Magnus is the fucking voice of reason.
That's scary.
bABA wrote:
fuck Magnus
zwackerm wrote:
You're incredibly overrated and and if they made a Pixar film about you it would gross less than The Good Dinosaur.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:34 am
So much has happened to me that I don’t understand

A month like this could really use a Sandler, Ferrell of this generation

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:58 pm
Extraordinary

Think Booksmart should've opened this last weekend with Annabelle and Yesterday. Probably would've kept more screens for its first 3 weekends and made more. Oh well.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:01 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

June 2020 will be fine, because WW84 is gonna open close to $200 mil and finish over $500 mil.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2