Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
 "Game of Thrones" Season 8 Discussion 
Hold the door!

Post Re: "Game of Thrones" Season 8 Discussion
The finale was easily the best episode of the season. They still failed to have Daenerys make sense. I did not buy it being the same character from two episodes at all. Other than that it was relatively satisfying.

Sun May 19, 2019 11:12 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

My biggest complaint is that Arya served no purpose in the finale so she should've been killed off in the last episode when Daenerys torched everything, and THAT's what should've set Jon off and made him decide to kill Daenerys.

Mon May 20, 2019 12:08 am
Extraordinary

I rather liked it. *shrug*

Tbh the only thing I was disappointed with Dany's ending felt so anticlimatic but Drogon destroying the iron throne made me emotional.

Mon May 20, 2019 1:06 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Fuck Jon Snow.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon May 20, 2019 1:24 am

The backlash is insane though, these past two episodes have been a mess. I think this may mean the series is not remembered like people thought it would be. The first four seasons will always be classics but after that I'm not sure.

Mon May 20, 2019 2:04 am
Waitress in LA

Jesus fuckballs from an asshole's shit-leakage, hands down the worst ending for a show of this size since apes were smashing skulls and bones around that phallus of a black monolith.

The fuck did I just watch.

Was literally about to turn the damn thing off to finish in short installments while taking the morning shit over the next week, but then Jon Snow pulled the knife out and gave the episode the closest thing to something scrapebly un-cringeworthy.

That bit was alright. Everything else was like having your balls put in a serrated vice covered in vinegar while a crow with an infected beak rapidly pecks at your urethra.

The biggest TV cringe-fest in history.

Forget everything said about Dany's arc being somewhat passable for the other merits; this episode made so many facepalmng logical errors it redefined fiction altogether, could easily justify a lawsuit against the writers for gratuitous bodily harm.

These fuckwits aren't just burnt out; their brains are scorched fucking earth.

Even Tyrion's speech was painfully lazy - the 'stories' bit was so obviously lifted from Noah Yuval Harari it could be considered fucking plagiarism.

Fuck David Benioff, Fuck DB Weiss, and Fuck what they did to this show - may they end up DPing Virgil while they high-five each other with smug grins on their faces as he guides them into the seventh circle of hell to burn for 50 billion years while being forced to watch this sewerlog of a finale ad infinitum while hanging from the skin of their ballsacks, before spending 500 trillion years fighting each other to the death with tiny teaspoons over and and over to avoid 1000 trillion years of the first 50 billion, before finally spending infinity reliving the Lust murder from Seven (as the victim) with George R R Martin playing a sadistic version of the unlucky killer.

Mon May 20, 2019 2:33 am
Extraordinary

Drogon not dying was my only satisfaction.

How could this have ended better?
By using a time jump and quick edits of action in between the pre-filler with endless Tyrion babbling.
Have Dany do her conquering. Jon ever loyal and ever conflicted. After 10 years of traversing the world conquering everything in sight while showing clips of the various houses of Dorne/Winterfell etc being defeated spend the last 30 minutes with Jon and Dany and maybe THEN kill her.

I did like Drogon melting the throne. I found it hilarious and ridiculous that Jon was banished AGAIN even though he's I guess the last Targaryen.

Wouldn't Bran be the most dangerous ruler when he can reach into the past and see anyone's secrets or peer into the present and spy on anyone. It seems like after all that Dany destroyed they are just gonna rebuild it and repeat history. Am I supposed to expect after Bran dies or somehow gets drowned while bathing that Sansa isn't gonna march down and make claim. It's just a bit meh and sad how things ended up.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon May 20, 2019 8:27 am
Extraordinary

Barrabás wrote:
My biggest complaint is that Arya served no purpose in the finale so she should've been killed off in the last episode when Daenerys torched everything, and THAT's what should've set Jon off and made him decide to kill Daenerys.

I'd agree to that but would anyone have even known unless I guess her corpse was identified.

#MAGA #KAG!

Mon May 20, 2019 8:33 am
The Kramer

I liked the final episode a lot. It still feels like there should be another season where the Night King comes back though. The Ice and Fire plot line just doesn’t seem resolved with Jon’s “justice” being that he has to hang out with his dog and second best bro.

I like the ending for every other character. Vegas spoiled King Bran but I don’t think anyone believed and the scene where Tyrion crowned him worked excellently and I only figured it out after Sam’s attempt to invent democracy was completely shut down. Brienne filling out Jaime’s additions to the Kingsguard was very touching. And what’s not to like about Tyrion’s new small council?

Mon May 20, 2019 11:25 am
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

I guess my expectations coming in well very low because of how S7 & S8 turned out. The episode ending was ok and decent , I wasn't really disappointed in the episode itself but how the last dozen episodes turned out.

Had D&D not change all the narrative and subplots in S5, the arcs would have been melded together better. Imagine if Selmy was still alive and alive in S5, I could imagine that GRRM would do something like using him as a placeholder for Missendi to be executed and viserated by Cersai in front of an angry Kings landing mob all throwing stones and spitting at Selmy. That would have served as a better device to set off Dany to see the type of people that Kingslanding has as their civilians.

The ending though should have been more tragic and I was hoping for less fortunate endings for some characters though

Mon May 20, 2019 11:50 am
New Server, Same X

I can't sit here and say the finale wasn't underwhelming cause it was. I think it was a perfectly adequate ending. Whoever said the final episode would basically be a wrap-up was right, despite the big character ending in the middle.

If I could have done it differently, I'd probably combine Seasons 7 and 8 for one big season (10-12 episodes), and especially combine the last two episodes into one. Because I think it needed the big visuals and effects from episode 5 in there to make it feel epic and more of a finale. It would have still disappointed those who didn't like the season, but at least would have felt bigger in scope.

Again, people can blame D&D all they want, but the fact is, GRRM would have finished this story long ago if he could think of a proper, fitting ending. I don't think there's any shame in admitting "Hey, I created this massive tale, but now I don't know how to close the book for good". If I'm wrong and he finishes the last two books and they're good, I'll eat my words. But each passing day tips the scales in favor of the story never being officially finished by him and we'll, at best, get an incomplete ending or an ending finished by one of the two other writers (Dave Hill and Bryan Cogman).

Mon May 20, 2019 1:00 pm
Forum General

I enjoyed it. My biggest quibble with the finale is that when the lords aye to Bran for king and Sansa demands independence for the north, there's no reaction from the other lords. Not very realistic.

I want to see a spinoff called West of Westeros more than the upcoming prequel series.

Mon May 20, 2019 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I’m surprised the backlash for this was as strong as last week. Or maybe its just carrying over?

Mon May 20, 2019 7:21 pm

SolC9 wrote:
I enjoyed it. My biggest quibble with the finale is that when the lords aye to Bran for king and Sansa demands independence for the north, there's no reaction from the other lords. Not very realistic.

I want to see a spinoff called West of Westeros more than the upcoming prequel series.

That part was a total mess tbh. Realistically it all would've resulted in another civil war for control of the crown. Or does it even make sense to have multiple kingdoms united considering the capital has been destroyed??

At least the Jon/Daenerys/White Walkers storylines came to a satisfying conclusion.

Tue May 21, 2019 12:10 am
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I’m surprised the backlash for this was as strong as last week. Or maybe its just carrying over?

The backlash has been building since the start of the season (and Season 7 to a much lesser extent), so it only gathered steam till the very end.

I think they set up Arya to potentially have a continuation of some sort eventually, maybe even a film. Doubt it would ever happen, but I figure that was the point of her ending.

Tue May 21, 2019 12:29 pm
Extraordinary

Well ya sure...they already have stuff in the works and in production and casted.

I will watch the new stuff especially the prequel just because dragons will be in it.

#MAGA #KAG!

Tue May 21, 2019 12:54 pm
Devil's Advocate

The scene with Jon/Dany/Drogon was really great. The rest was mostly fine. I thought Tyrion moving the chairs, Edmund Tully tryign to make his case and getting laughed off were too of the more human moments in the show recently

Tue May 21, 2019 2:06 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Magnus wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:
Doubt it would ever happen, but I figure that was the point of her ending.

I'd be shocked honestly if it DOESN'T happen.

A. Maise Williams is 22 years old. At some point this spinof series will be developed and pitched and she'll probably say fuck it and do it.

B. It's a completley new setting that isn't bogged down with any past history or limitations. They can make up anything they want which gives them a lot of creative freedom

C. Arya is the most liked character by series end (Dany had this going into the season by Arya killing NK and Dany going Mad Queen cemented Arya as the fan favorite). Even with the subpar reaction to the last season, a significant majority of fans would be excited for this show.

This show will happen in the next 10-15 years (which in the age of content is a long time from now).

Additionally, I am 99% sure that if GRRM actually finishes the books, HBO will develop an animated series that depicts the story as the books have it, similar to how Fullmetal Alchmeist: Brotherhood differed from the original series.

Everyone is fooling themselves if they think we're just going to get one prequel series after this. The prequel is just the first of many content coming.

Yes. The final episode just screams SEQUELS and SPINOFFS. It's going to happen in 10 or so years.

In that time they'll have released at least two prequels and possibly a film (maybe a version of The Princess and the Queen which would be EPIC) or Robert's Rebellion (even though they covered the main points in the show)

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue May 21, 2019 8:58 pm
The Kramer

Martin says he’ll have Winds out next year and I actually believe him this time? I think this backlash to the show is exactly what he needed for motivation and now getting to the end should be easier knowing that people will like it more than the show no matter what.

Call me crazy.

Wed May 22, 2019 2:25 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Looking back, Season 7 could/should been 10 episodes by simply including the first three episodes of Season 8 as its final three episodes.

Doing so would have resulted in Season 7 ending with the Battle for Winterfell and concluding the Night King/White Walker story, which would have worked out quite perfectly in my eyes. Sure, it may have felt a little rushed, but at ten episodes, I don't think fans would have been quite as upset.

That way the build up to Dany turning would have already began at the end of Season 7 with Jon's revelation to her, and all of Season 8 could be spent on just the Game of Thrones, and cementing her turn at the end of the season. Episode 1 would have opened on a somber tone, very similar to episode 4 of the season, but rather than Dany deciding to storm King's Landing immediately after with a weary army and injured Rhaegal, her conflicts with Jon and Tyrion, Varys' betrayal, and her relationships with the rest of Westeros could have been developed in the earlier episodes of the season instead. Then there could have been an actual naval battle at Dragonstone (could have remained an ambush*) that resulted in Rhaegal's death, Missandei's capture, her fleet destroyed, etc., in the middle of the season.

*Said ambush could have even be written as a plot by Varys.

Basically, I think they had all but a few pieces of the puzzle on the table; they just laid them out incorrectly. Overall, I still enjoyed the season and think a lot of the backlash is unwarranted (even childish at times).

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed May 22, 2019 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

So we’d have more than one episode in between Dany being the savior of humanity and someone who murders children for kicks? That’s just crazy talk, Corpse! :P

The backlash is another case of toxic feelings of fan ownership, but at least its not born from the “aint no bitches can be Ghostbusters” line of thinking that these internet movements usually start from.

Wed May 22, 2019 10:21 pm
Waitress in LA

In the last episode she starts riling up the unsullied to do the same "breaking the wheel" massacre shit all the way up to Winter fell. King's Landing you can almost forgive for the twist element; her sudden desire to fuck up the whole of Westeros made as much sense as if she'd walked out, lifted her dress, and shat out a fucking easter egg.

Then, to make matters even more fucked, Jon Snow, who'd been devasted when that first wave of soldiers were killed in The Bells, he suddenly starts defending her burning the whole city to Tyrion; and apparently missed everything she said in her speech. Love might do a lot of things, but it won't do that.

And wasn't it great how Snow's whole claim to the throne, and his lineage as a Targarian, suddenly evaporated into him being locked in a cell? They tied his arc up but cutting it off altogether, as though that entire subplot hadn't even existed.

Tyrion didn't even attempt to convince grey worm, just went straight to the wheelchair sorcerer because he listened to his story one night. Lazy as fuck, just for the sake of remaining unpredictable - Sansa and Tyrion and Bran together, given their collective persuasiveness and apparent authority over the will of the unsullied, could have very easily made Jon king - not that he would've been the most interesting option, but the end result made as much sense as Aragorn losing the throne of Gondor in the final act of ROTK, to Samwise. That's how fucking stupid it was.

Extremely shit end, to a sometimes impressive season, of a show that overall deserved a lot better.

Thu May 23, 2019 7:38 am
Forum General

Corpse wrote:
Looking back, Season 7 could/should been 10 episodes by simply including the first three episodes of Season 8 as its final three episodes.

Doing so would have resulted in Season 7 ending with the Battle for Winterfell and concluding the Night King/White Walker story, which would have worked out quite perfectly in my eyes. Sure, it may have felt a little rushed, but at ten episodes, I don't think fans would have been quite as upset.

That way the build up to Dany turning would have already began at the end of Season 7 with Jon's revelation to her, and all of Season 8 could be spent on just the Game of Thrones, and cementing her turn at the end of the season. Episode 1 would have opened on a somber tone, very similar to episode 4 of the season, but rather than Dany deciding to storm King's Landing immediately after with a weary army and injured Rhaegal, her conflicts with Jon and Tyrion, Varys' betrayal, and her relationships with the rest of Westeros could have been developed in the earlier episodes of the season instead. Then there could have been an actual naval battle at Dragonstone (could have remained an ambush*) that resulted in Rhaegal's death, Missandei's capture, her fleet destroyed, etc., in the middle of the season.

*Said ambush could have even be written as a plot by Varys.

Basically, I think they had all but a few pieces of the puzzle on the table; they just laid them out incorrectly. Overall, I still enjoyed the season and think a lot of the backlash is unwarranted (even childish at times).

That's not a bad idea (and I generally agree with your thoughts on the season overall), but I can imagine there might have been even more furor about it being anti-climactic if the White Walker storyline had been wrapped up before the final season.

Thu May 23, 2019 11:36 am
Hold the door!

It’s not childish to have legitimate criticisms of a tv show. Just because you disagree doesn’t make their complaints invalid.

Thu May 23, 2019 9:25 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

shitcunt wrote:

Then, to make matters even more fucked, Jon Snow, who'd been devasted when that first wave of soldiers were killed in The Bells, he suddenly starts defending her burning the whole city to Tyrion; and apparently missed everything she said in her speech. Love might do a lot of things, but it won't do that.

And wasn't it great how Snow's whole claim to the throne, and his lineage as a Targarian, suddenly evaporated into him being locked in a cell? They tied his arc up but cutting it off altogether, as though that entire subplot hadn't even existed.

Tyrion didn't even attempt to convince grey worm, just went straight to the wheelchair sorcerer because he listened to his story one night. Lazy as fuck, just for the sake of remaining unpredictable - Sansa and Tyrion and Bran together, given their collective persuasiveness and apparent authority over the will of the unsullied, could have very easily made Jon king - not that he would've been the most interesting option, but the end result made as much sense as Aragorn losing the throne of Gondor in the final act of ROTK, to Samwise. That's how fucking stupid it was.

Extremely shit end, to a sometimes impressive season, of a show that overall deserved a lot better.

Every sentence. Spot on!

Let's bow down to the will of the Unsullied who are leaving anyway and even if they did not, could be wiped out in a flash. Makes no sense at all.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri May 24, 2019 12:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next