Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
100% That Bitch

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
So Rousey/Becky WM 35 main event?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:34 pm
The Kramer

I think DB wins with nefarious methods. Paul Heyman can justify it by saying Brock didn’t really care about the match since the title wasn’t on the line.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:20 pm
New Server, Same X

Enzo Amore is a gross human being and I wish him nothing but the worst in all his future endeavors.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:32 pm
New Server, Same X

WWE Fans (aka Expectation): Awesome, Becky Lynch couldn't compete against Ronda Rousey, now they'll have them headline Wrestlemania instead!

WWE (aka Reality): Awesome, Becky Lynch got injured so now we can give her storyline and character change to Charlotte instead!

Watching Charlotte last night, it became obvious that WWE and Charlotte are pissed that she was getting booed and Becky got the ultra-babyface reactions from their feud. There's no other reason for her to start acting the way she is, and shows some glaring weak spots in her ability to get herself over on the mic. Where Becky flawlessly transitioned into her current role, Charlotte is forcing it and it's coming off like a pale imitation.

So I'm convinced the Becky/Rousey match will never happen at Mania and certainly won't headline the event. Seems more like they'll go with Charlotte and Rousey, and Becky and Nia. Because... why do the obvious thing? We all know WWE never does what the fans actually want. Roman Reigns is proof of that.

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:58 am
New Server, Same X

More random thoughts:

-I'm honestly not feeling the Daniel Bryan turn. The promo was obviously the best thing he's done since his return, but I'm kind of fatigued with the slow, calculated promos of the ultra-serious heel. Talking in the third person didn't add much for me. It was a convenient copout to have him say what he did about his loss to Lesnar. Keeps him in the same standing as before the match without needing the win. But I don't think he'll have a ton of success in the Smackdown main event. I'd be shocked if he's still champion for Wrestlemania.

-I'm especially disappointed that the man that carried Smackdown for over a year with the WWE Championship was left off Survivor Series completely. It's the CM Punk effect all over again. Styles was given an awesome chance with the title for over a year, but when it came to the main spotlight, it was never given to AJ Styles when a better option was available.

-Why in 2018 is WWE allowed to run a storyline where someone pisses themselves and they think it's the perfect comedic bit? Which reminds me we're overdue for a food fight and... oh Smackdown Live covered that? Right on. Glad to know Vince McMahon is still making "creative" decisions.

Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:12 pm
New Server, Same X

Given the god-awful RAW this week, it's so fucking interesting and exciting to me to think the women are the best thing about WWE lately. Becky, Charlotte and Asuka all got great crowd reactions on Smackdown. I really hope they don't fuck things up. Makes sense to me at least to have Becky drop the title at TLC without actually getting pinned. Win the Royal Rumble. Face Ronda at Mania, and maybe Nia Jax at whatever PPV is in February. But I'm also afraid if she drops the title, she'll be given Nia Jax instead at Wrestlemania, which isn't a money match to me.

Who is even making the creative decisions lately? Does anyone get enjoyment from seeing Bobby Roode have his robe get pissed on? And it's such an old school thing to announce Charlotte was fined $100,000. That doesn't add a thing for me. We all know wrestling is bullshit, why make it extra fake?

On the plus side, Samoa Joe and Jeff Hardy is an interesting feud. Crazy to think Jeff is celebrating his 20th year in WWE. Well... not 20 technically, but we'll forgive them for overlooking certain parts. I kind of wish Joe had went off-script and said something about Jeff being in TNA. And it never works out when they incorporate Jeff's drug abuse from the past. Whenever it's a storyline, it ends badly for him personally. I really hope not, I don't want to see him fuck things up now at this point in his life.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:19 pm
100% That Bitch

I think this week’s Raw was all tine bad show, just all around awful. The fact they are pushing Nis as the “facebreaker” makes me sigk, so she gets rewarded for being so bad at her work that she gets a push? What the actual fuck!?

Anyway The Man is back on tv snr is dtill the biggest wwe star at the moment, fuck Nia

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:20 am
New Server, Same X

That's what worries me. They're putting so much effort into getting Charlotte over now that they may end up with Charlotte vs. Ronda at Mania instead, and have Becky face Nia Jax instead.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:23 am
The Kramer

Probably shouldn’t give them so much credit, but I think its more likely that Charlotte is being built up to take the title back so that Becky can enter and win the Royal Rumble. She can take Nia’s arm at the February PPV. And I guess the Smackdown match would be a rematch of last year with Asuka, but with Charlotte as full heel this time.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:12 pm
New Server, Same X

How does anyone in charge of WWE RAW not see the error of their ways? Three names they've built RAW around for a few years now are absent or injured. Roman Reigns, the selected star of the modern era, was dealt a terrible hand in his own life. But just ignoring the severity of that, it left RAW in a terrible place as they decided to waste everyone else in favor of Reigns. Braun Strowman, the selected star of the audience, was given the Big Show treatment: character changes and turns based on their idea of the week for Strowman. And every time he got the chance, they never gave it to him, thus damaging him in the long term. And of course, Brock Lesnar. The less said about this, the better.

But watching RAW now is very apparent that they're scrambling to get some new guys elevated to the main event status, and I don't know if it'll work. Seth Rollins was a top guy at one point, but the shine is gone and I see him more as a top-level mid-carder now. The idea of him facing Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania sounds ludicrous, but since WWE hasn't given anyone a shot at the top, he's now their best and only bet on RAW. Finn Balor, Dolph Ziggler, Baron Corbin. These guys aren't going to cut it because WWE never gave them a chance.

On a funny side note, three separate matches featured three separate members of 3MB on RAW. This should not happen ever.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:33 am
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Probably shouldn’t give them so much credit, but I think its more likely that Charlotte is being built up to take the title back so that Becky can enter and win the Royal Rumble. She can take Nia’s arm at the February PPV. And I guess the Smackdown match would be a rematch of last year with Asuka, but with Charlotte as full heel this time.

I've watched WWE for most of my life unfortunately, especially during the internet era, and WWE rarely goes with the obvious path if it's what internet fans want. So as much as I want this to happen, I'm resigned to it not happening because WWE would rather prove an invisible point to its few remaining diehard fans.

I'm still not sure how I feel about heel Daniel Bryan. He obviously needed a change, but I either find the persona tiresome and overplayed, or I don't find he's perfect for it. For a cold, calculated, collected heel, Chris Jericho circa 2008/2009 captured that role perfectly. Here it feels like he's doing an imitation rather than a genuine persona. I know it's better than what we've had since his return to the ring, but with so many better, stronger heels on the go (Samoa Joe is criminally underappreciated by WWE and should have been champion by now), it feels a bit of a letdown.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:48 am
New Server, Same X

The more I think about, I'm kind of disappointed in Daniel Bryan and Dean Ambrose. Ambrose lost me when he came out like Bane. He should be perfect for the heel role, but again, it doesn't work as well as it should. Maybe it's the age of the blurred line between faces and heels, but I don't think either are firing on all cylinders like I expected them to. I'm not into Daniel Bryan repeating over and over that he kicked AJ Styles in the groin.

If I question myself on whether I can take true heels, I look to Samoa Joe, The Miz, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens... and, as much as it pains me, Brock Lesnar. They work great as heels. It's effortless.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:15 pm
100% That Bitch

What are you talking about, The New Dianel Bryan is KILLING IT, second only to The Man right now.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:21 pm
New Server, Same X

I know I'm in the minority on that. I think I'm just exhausted with regular wrestling. But I'm fascinated with where things are going or can go with the womens division. It feels like all that work of making the division something is finally happening. I hope because WWE desperately needs something like that.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:57 am
100% That Bitch

yeah, this is the year if they don't make Ronda/Becky the WM main event, it's NEVER happening. lol

I can make a case for the TLC Women'0s match should headline the show, you have basically the top three talent in the division working a TLC match? THAT IS GONNA ROCK

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:33 pm
New Server, Same X

It didn't really impress me to see Seth Rollins voice the complaints of the WWE universe. It just shows me they read Twitter and they don't care. They see it as an opportunity to have Baron Corbin take the on-screen fall for it and continue on as a power-hungry GM until Wrestlemania.

We see it as a tired, stale show every week. They see it as a heel doing heel things and getting heel reactions. The line between reality and WWE fantasy is blurred for them. It's "See?! We knew all along what we were doing, it's all the fault of an on-screen character we created and write for every week! It all makes sense and the payoff will be glorious! And if you guys don't like it now, you'll learn to like it because we know better than a bunch of internet wrestling fans!"

Same reason why Becky versus Ronda won't happen at Mania. They know what we want and they know what we deserve, and the two don't correlate at all. And why would they ever change what they do? They're still a successful company. They have a monopoly on the wrestling business. All the Cody Rhodes and Dixie Carters in the world can do their best to build companies that aren't WWE, but it'll never catch on long-term with wrestling fans.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:09 pm
100% That Bitch

That's what happens when you put all of your eggs in one basket at that basket gets Leukemia, but whatever. I haven't watched RAW in ages outside short YouTube videos and yeah I cannot believe how good SmackDown is in comparison!

And your point stands, that was more of a wink to Vince himself than an actual moment of recognition. I just hope they actually keep losing ratings to see if they will actually improve their show.

Thank God for NXT and SD and THE MAN for giving me something to look forward to. Fuck RAW

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:53 pm
100% That Bitch

Charlotte/Asuka delivered just as they were supposed to.
Who doesn't love Asuka going psycho killer mode on the main roster! This is the Asuka we need

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:40 pm
100% That Bitch

That WWE Chronicles on Becky was straight fire.

I am in love with her, I may even turn straight lol

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:03 pm
100% That Bitch

I am actually excited for A WWE PPV for the first time since WM, mainly cuz of the SmackDown side of things but whatevs

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:09 pm
100% That Bitch

Holy fuck I was not expecting that epic A+ fight.
They nearly murdered each other, the barricade spot, Becky falling on Charlotte like that! I thought she was DONE after that, but Char got up and then threw herself at Becky, my God this match, morning, moty for me; this sets up the road to WrestleMania and gives THE FUCKING EMPRESS OF TOMORROW THE TITLE THANK YOU

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:52 am
100% That Bitch

Asuka, Charlotte and Becky are so far ahead the rest of the division it's not even funny and holy shit Becky really is #1 overall this company, NO ONE came close to the pops she got tonight, truly is the face of the company right now

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:53 am
100% That Bitch

I also bought her new The Man tee and an Alexa Bliss one!

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:54 am
New Server, Same X

If WWE can not fuck this up, they may not only build incredible interest in the womens division, but they could do so much good in the media by building so much of their company around the division. The time is now for women to main-event Wrestlemania.

Becky/Charlotte/Asuka deserved to be the main-event of TLC. They put on the best match of the card and definitely one of the best matches of the year. Asuka had to win, Becky had to lose (but not in a way that made her look weak) and everything fell into place.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:53 pm
100% That Bitch

They cannot fuck this up. They just can't. And if they do then they are the most stupid company ever

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 235  Next