Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)

Absolutely golden.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:23 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Agreed. I'd say Evolution and Royal Rumble are the stand out ppvs this year. And all the Takeovers if those count of course.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:58 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Becky Lynch is on fire.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Oh, WWE.

Fuck you.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:08 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Umm... Time to take a break from watching WWE on a weekly basis.

Shane McMahon wins the "World" Tournament and is declared Best in the "World"?
AJ Styles wins against Samoa Joe again?
Lesnar buries Strowman again (2 minute match!) and wins the Universal Title?

Vince could have come out and beat DX and Taker/Kane in a minute and it would have been believable with the results of this show. Kinda shocked this didn't happen. HHH definitely suffered an injury in this match, too, so their HHH vs. Batista plans could be ruined already.

Enough is enough. It has gone beyond just bad booking. :zonks:

Seriously, NJPW, ROH, and others are leaving WWE in the dust these days.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Don't forget they dusted off the old relic, Hulk Hogan, to kick off the show. Only WWE could see Saudi Arabia's disgraced reputation in the last month and raise them a disgraced WWE legend.

I have no words for this. I didn't watch, and don't plan on it now. That's an absolute disgrace to see so much pissed away in one show. Brock Lesnar winning the title is the cherry on top of a pile of shit. Maybe Roman Reigns will superman punch that leukemia and come back to beat Brock for the title. I'm guessing Brock will have the title that long anyway. At least they'd finally have the Roman Reigns crowd pop they always wanted when he won the title.

Survivor Series features champion vs. champion matches. No title change. Brock ain't working again till Royal Rumble. Not going to have him drop the title so close to Mania. And who faces Brock for the title at Mania? No one is pushed enough to the pedestal WWE has placed him on besides Reigns. This is just putting WWE so many steps backwards. They refuse to build any other performer besides Lesnar and Reigns.

This is so disastrous. And I blame it on everyone. Vince, Stephanie, Triple H, anyone else in power.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:13 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Don't bother watching it. The many comments online calling it the worst PPV ever aren't far off.

All the tournament matches are under 10 minutes, and some may have even been under 5.
Styles/Joe was a bore; we've see this many times in recent months to better effect.
Lesnar/Strowman is literally 2 minutes.
Shane became the Best in the World in 2 or 3 minutes as well (no lie).
DX vs. Brothers of Destruction... I mean, it is cool to see these guys in the ring from time to time, but besides Michaels, it's not really nostalgic seeing Taker/HHH/Kane anymore. And the match was pretty bad anyway with some weird sequences (botches?).

Comparing this major Crown Jewel event -- a show that Vince and company have hyped for over a month and stacked with nearly every big name possible in the past 30 years, besides Cena and Bryan who opted out (amazing choice on their parts!) -- to Evolution, a PPV that they hardly pushed at all and barely gave the PPV treatment, is a wild contrast.

Evolution absolutely wrecked Crown Jewel in every way possible. Aside from the usual solid Rollins/Ziggler showing, any match on the Evolution card, even the almost weekly tag match on Raw between Sasha/Bayley/Natalya against the Riot Squad, was better than every match presented for Crown Jewel.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

I watched the highlights on YouTube and it didn’t seem that bad of a PPV?

Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:56 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Yikes. I didn’t watch, but what the effing eff WWE??? 2018 was finally turning around and now we get this turd, with Lesnar getting the title back until Reigns beats cancer?? Even if they do give Strowman the Rumble and eventual win at Mania it will just feel too little too late.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:46 pm
New Server, Same X

Will they give Strowman the title? I think they've fucked up his character too much. Turned him face and played him up for some laughs, turned him back to heel with Ziggler and McIntyre, abruptly turned him face again to face Lesnar. I think the damage is done. I won't be surprised to see them put Brock against either a veteran (like they did with Goldberg) or someone like Cena.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:19 pm
The Kramer

Hmm Cena beating Brock for his record-breaking title win does sound like something Vince would dream up for a Mania without Roman. I think you might be on to something.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:21 pm
New Server, Same X

I just think they continue to screw themselves with RAW and the Universal Title. Let's face it, Brock has this title until Mania again. It's inevitable. Honestly if HBK was considering a part-time return, I wouldn't be shocked to see someone like him enter the Rumble #30 and win. Triple H would be a prime candidate if he hadn't been injured. Heck, they might even go the Undertaker route again.

The only match I'd probably get excited for would be Brock vs. Daniel Bryan.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:46 am
New Server, Same X

Thoughts:

-As much as I hate WWE, I'm invested in Becky Lynch, and I'm excited to see what they do with her and Rousey. A non-finish is the only way to go, a clear win for either will diminish both too much. I think Rousey will get booed for this one. Her run is too shaky, although I commend her for showing up just about every week on RAW, unlike other ex-UFC fighters.

-Speaking of, Lesnar wasn't there, but he got major booing from the crowd. Think this may be the first time he'll get genuine heel reactions. Too bad he won't be around enough for it to matter.

-Turning Ambrose heel runs the risk of him getting heel pops, but his reaction in England was aces. Genuine heat. Can't beat that.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:57 pm
New Server, Same X

So many deserving superstars to be on Team Smackdown. Why do they insist on pushing Shane McMahon as an in-ring performer? Aside from the obvious nepotism answer. I don't get it. Jeff Hardy should be on the team, not Shane.

I felt bad and embarrassed for Shane at the start of Smackdown. The HEAVY booing really got to him. I'm almost certain he was on the verge of tears. Did you expect a hero's welcome for winning some ridiculous WWE World Cup?

Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:38 am
New Server, Same X

Man, just when you think she can't get any better, Becky Lynch goes out there with blood pouring out of her face (broken nose?) and becomes a bigger star, in spite of being pitted against Ronda Rousey. Like Styles and Lesnar, I'm not sure if this is wise because someone's going to lose and it's hard to have either one lose right now. But these are two awesome matches that I hope deliver.

I've never wanted a non-finish more though. I feel like Rousey is going to start losing steam soon now that she's going into legit feuds with legit opponents, especially on the road to Wrestlemania. And this match with Becky will damage her perception with fans big time. It may be wiser to have her turn heel soon. But I also don't think she should lose clean yet. She needs to keep going.

And I definitely don't think Becky should lose clean. People say "Oh, the biggest names lost and it didn't hurt them", but WWE isn't the same today. Once someone loses the smallest amount of momentum, they fuck it up royally. And they can't fuck this up. This is too special a moment in time that could potentially give them the attention they've wanted for three years with the Women's Revolution.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:39 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Reports are saying Becky won't be cleared for Survivor Series, and that her match with Rousey will be pushed to a later date.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

And RAW desperately needs to revamp its Tag Team Division...

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

So... we're getting Ronda/Charlotte at Survivor Series now due to Becky's concussion. There goes their long rumored first ever women's Wrestlemania main event match-up. Sure, they could still do it, but its impact will have been lessened quite a bit.

At least they didn't make the call to relinquish Becky of the title. And honestly, maybe having Becky/Ronda possibly main event Wrestlemania instead will be the better match-up given how over Becky has become (she's currently trending higher than SDLive itself!).

Oh, and I know accidents happen and it may not have been entirely her mistake, but Nia Jax is going to have a good deal of backlash against here for awhile from fans (convenient timing turning her heel last week!). And while I doubt she'll receive any heat from official backstage given her status, it'll be interesting to watch since this would be the third or fourth injury Nia has been involved in...

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Umm...

I don't recall the last time so many changes have been made to a PPV the week of, let alone of of their major PPVs.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

What.

Daniel Bryan? What the fuck happened? I thought people were hyped for Lesnar and Styles again. Honestly, this tells me way less about Styles and way more about WWE feeling they had a huge money match with Rousey and Becky. No way was this the plan before RAW. I don't buy that at all.

And what a shitty way for the championship run to end for Styles. On a Smackdown Live just five days before Survivor Series. So now he isn't even wrestling on the card? And didn't even get to end CM Punk's longest run of the modern era.

I don't really know what to say. And this won't even work if Daniel Bryan is a heel. I'm just stunned with all this.

On the plus side, I do think Becky should relinquish the title and that match shouldn't happen now until Wrestlemania against Rousey. Or if she can wrestle soon, have Ronda cost her the title but have it so that she can't wrestle Ronda because they're on different brands. THEN have her win the Royal Rumble and choose to face Rousey at Mania. Build that one up.

Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:00 pm
New Server, Same X

Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:41 pm
New Server, Same X

I heart The Man.

Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:42 pm
The Kramer

So Bryan and Gargano are both heel now. Are we in the Watchmen era of WWE?

Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:11 am
New Server, Same X

We need to talk about David Arquette.

Dude is still bothered that short-sighted wrestling fans view him as one of the lowest points in wrestling's history. So he has been training for the last few months and wrestling some indie shows. Last night he wrestled a "death match" where he seriously could have died when his neck was cut.

I kind of feel bad that he wants to prove himself so much to wrestling fans. He's always had a rocky career in anything he does. Enjoyed his small amount of stardom with the Scream movies and his marriage to Courteney Cox, but there's a stigma to David Arquette that he's kind of a goofy guy with minimal talent. And he seems like he knows that. But he shouldn't be going out at 47 in WWE wrestling any big time matches, let alone in some small time indie shows.

Maybe at the time, David Arquette's run with the WCW Title was an embarrassment, and a nail in the coffin of WCW. But WWE has done far more egregious things, just in the last few months: Shane McMahon continuing his in-ring run, and, bringing Brock Lesnar back into the Universal Title picture. These are far more damaging to the overall product. At least there's a short-term benefit to having a big name celebrity (at the time) wrestling for you and holding the World Heavyweight Title.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:08 am
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
So Bryan and Gargano are both heel now. Are we in the Watchmen era of WWE?

The thing with Daniel Bryan is an odd conundrum they've created. He's obviously beyond stale as a babyface, because they couldn't be bothered to give him anything to work with since his return. But now he's a heel and he's going to be a force to be reckoned with?

And the Lesnar match is a dicey spot to be put in. He's obviously getting fed to Brock, right? Well the heel turn to re-establish him is DOA. But this is one time where I think it'll be harmful to Brock if he loses. I speak only as someone who cares about some semblance of realism and continuity. He also lost a glorified squash match to Goldberg and it didn't harm him.

This is such an odd place in wrestling right now.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163 ... 235  Next