Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 2260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 91  Next
 The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fascism 
Extraordinary

Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Libs wrote:
I love America a heck of a lot more than nghtvsn does, I can tell you that much.

You should do like me and put him ignore. I have no interest in reading his stupid comments. And don't both to argue with him. I would have more luck debating with a rock than with him.
I do think is awful he was confirmed. But hope it will galvanize people to vote. I still see the Democrats winning the house. They have the edge in those suburban seats where there is a lot of women. The Senate is another matter it will be tough unless they win Tennessee or Texas.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Calm down. Stop being triggered. I know you can’t help yourself.

I’m just stating her birthday and age. She should retire like a normal person but she’s intent on not doing that until I guess she doesn’t wake up. Blame her, not me.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:30 pm
Keeping it Light

nghtvsn wrote:
As far as the dear Doctor. -her story is full of black holes.

I'm interested to hear what those black holes are you speak of.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:43 am
The Kramer

Gosh women are never gonna forgive Republicans for this.

Is what we said after the grab em by the pussy tape. Then they voted for him anyways. The American people, both men and women, seem to love rewarding Republicans for their shady hypocritic tactics (such as stealing the Merrick Garland seat). I don’t we how this is any different. As a country we have proven that we will put up with anything as long as it saves 10 bucks in taxes on our checks.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Flava'd vs The World wrote:

Is what we said after the grab em by the pussy tape. Then they voted for him anyways. The American people, both men and women, seem to love rewarding Republicans for their shady hypocritic tactics (such as stealing the Merrick Garland seat). I don’t we how this is any different. As a country we have proven that we will put up with anything as long as it saves 10 bucks in taxes on our checks.

We have our winner

Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:07 pm
Extraordinary

A majority did not "vote for him anyway." 54% of all women voted for Hillary. Trump got 42%. The gender gap is just going to widen the longer this goes on.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

stuffp wrote:
nghtvsn wrote:
As far as the dear Doctor. -her story is full of black holes.

I'm interested to hear what those black holes are you speak of.

Hhm that’s funny . Did you use vocal fry when you typed that out ?

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:21 pm
Extraordinary

Groucho wrote:

A majority did not "vote for him anyway." 54% of all women voted for Hillary. Trump got 42%. The gender gap is just going to widen the longer this goes on.

I agree and if young people voted we wouldn't be in this position. I hoping it influences people to vote.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

That 10 bucks (most of which go to the rich) come with lower real wages, higher medical bills, polluted air and water, radiation.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:41 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

We got 1,476 high school seniors to register in our northern West Virginia (WV-1)/southern Pennsylvania (PA-14, PA-17) voter registration drive versus just 893 two years ago.

These are the sort of districts that matter the most, because had these areas just had a somewhat stronger turnout in 2016, for example, McGinty may have unseated Toomey (who won by just 100,000 votes), making the senate 50-50 right now.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Last edited by Corpse on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

Groucho wrote:

Clinton got 3 million more votes in the end, even though she was the status quo candidate in an open-seat election and was deeply disliked by many on the left for being an establishment/corporate hack, especially with the Wikileaks leak.

There has to be a way to strategize in gender politics. Dem leaders can be with women and at the same time do not antagonize men. Highlighting Kavanaugh's record of being dishonest and hiding his judicial views would help make the case for demanding more vetting done in the sexual assault claims. Some measured use of words would help, like including both men and women in describing victims of sexual assaults. Propaganda media like Fox would still have their attack dogs go after you. But their framing would not be as effective.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:57 pm
Extraordinary

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
Groucho wrote:

I agree and if young people voted we wouldn't be in this position. I hoping it influences people to vote.

Agreed. The problem is us older folk (generally). We need young people to vote in equal numbers percentage-wise as the older ones. That's when you'll see real change.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Corpse wrote:
We got 1,476 high school seniors to register in our northern West Virginia (WV-1)/southern Pennsylvania (PA-14, PA-17) voter registration drive versus just 893 two years ago.

These are the sort of districts that matter the most, because had these areas just had a somewhat stronger turnout in 2016, for example, McGinty may have unseated Toomey (who won by just 100,000 votes), making the senate 50-50 right now.

I'm still bitter at the national Democratic party about that. Here in PA, I supported Sestak for Senator, who was polling better than McGinty and who I thought was a much better candidate but Schumer and the national Democrats used democratic money to support her in the primary. And then we lost to Toomey.

So never give any money to the party. Always donate to the candidate.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Lost to Toomey twice, and by less than 100,000 votes both times, in 2010 (-80,229) and 2016 (-86,690)... It's a Senate seat that Democrats really should have been capable of securing by now.

I believe Democrats just need to focus more on the rural areas of PA moving forward, and that's why our drive focused on the moderately populated southwest counties bordering/near Allegheny County (Pittsburgh) in the state this year.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Stay red PA! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:33 pm
Extraordinary

zwackerm wrote:

Only for Tomey, the other seat will go blue this year. Casey has a huge lead.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

zwackerm wrote:

We have a completely blue executive branch with what some call "the most liberal governor in America." Gerrymandering gives us too many Republican congress members but the Court required the maps redrawn and that will change with this election.

PA is a purple state that mostly votes blue with a few exceptions

Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Just watched Megyn Kelly for the first time ever. No idea what political persuasion she is, but she is often mentioned regarding politics. I like her. Her show reminds me of the UK female show, Loose Women.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Algren wrote:
Just watched Megyn Kelly for the first time ever. No idea what political persuasion she is, but she is often mentioned regarding politics. I like her. Her show reminds me of the UK female show, Loose Women.

I believe she is an anti Trump conservative.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:58 am
Keeping it Light

And she just lost her job.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:29 am
On autopilot for the summer

And a 69 million settlement. Forget Me 2. Thats the worst thing I've heard a professional anchor say and try to back it up.

I don't think she should have been fired but the USA come on. It's almost hilarious how she said Blackface is ok. Is She out of her fucking mind!

This system is so fucked up. We're in a weird place where the victims are bad and get punishment, Where as the Assaulter can just disappear or become President.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:17 pm
Superman: The Movie

She got fired because of her ratings. If she was doing well she would’ve apologized (like she did), NBC would’ve issued a statement and then would’ve tried to sweep it under the rug. Instead, she was doing something like 18% worse in her hour of the Today Show (despite getting a slight uptick when she decided to capitalize on #metoo stories) whereas Al Roker and Tamron Hall were getting better ratings at a much cheaper cost. On top of her massive salary, they built an entire new set for her while Hall and Roker just used a part of the already established Today Show set.

Her show was probably going to be cancelled in six months anyways, but this gave them a nice excuse to speed up the process.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

That sounds more likely, because I watched that part and she didn't say anything that warranted the shit storm. It's another case of overly sensitive, fragile, lazy lefty millennials with too much time on their hands and not enough real problems left in the world to devote some time to.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:52 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Algren wrote:
That sounds more likely, because I watched that part and she didn't say anything that warranted the shit storm. It's another case of overly sensitive, fragile, lazy lefty millennials with too much time on their hands and not enough real problems left in the world to devote some time to.

News Flash: Conservative white male doesn't understand why everyone doesn't think exactly like him, insults anyone who does

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Congrats on winning the House Dems!

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 2260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 91  Next